• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Seeking A Potential Roleplay Partner With Whom Two Characters Would Be A Satisfactory Fit

xEnigma

High-functioning Maniac
Edgar & Allen Wither
As the name suggests, I am seeking a roleplay in which these two characters would be a good fit.
I0000mkoQxu96r5I.jpg

I have never put these two to formal use. The only one of the two I had put into use was Allen Wither, as his ninety-three year old self.
These are far younger versions of the two I had initially conceptualized. As a new member of the forums, I am seeking a somewhat simplistic role-play to engage in. I am open to one on ones as well as groups. My genres of preference are drama for the time being, as I am still getting accustomed to forum roleplaying. I am open to whatever would be an ideal fit. I prefer not to engage in high fantasy or sci-fi for the time being, but will reconsider once I have become more well adjusted. I take no offense to the supernatural here and there.

Name: Edgar Wither
ea1652136a93b56199f94977aabd3662.png

Appearance: Edgar possesses thick, dark, disheveled hair as well as a long sharp nose and narrow, heavy eyes. He also possesses full lips as well as a long, angular jaw that comes to a sharp point. He always wears formal attire that is unkempt and often torn around the edges, as though attending a funeral. Dark circles sag his eyes. He bears long hands, brittle nails, long legs, and dusty pale skin. He spends long hours reading, preferring to devote his time to “studying the older things in life.”
Interests: Edgar Wither possesses an aptitude for Thanatology, the study of death and psychological mechanisms involved. He also bears some interest in government, historical accounts, and technology.
Background: Edgar Wither and his brother Allen, both witnessed death in their childhood. Because of this, the two are close to one another and are not often seen apart. Neither are keen on opening to strangers easily. Allen, however, can be said to be the more sociable of the two.
Edgar Wither is suspected to be exhibiting a form of clinical depression. After the death he and his brother had witnessed, Edgar’s ability and desire to self-care began to decline. His appetite greatly suffered as well as his physical appearance. In addition, he withdrew from both peers and family and confides in no one other than Allen on occasion. His brother, Allen, however, responded to the death by becoming more (and often excessively) social, sarcastic, and sometimes insensitive. Allen, too, confides in few places as a result.
Edgar Wither suffers with a form of iron deficiency and often complains of headaches as well as fatigue on occasion. His brother, Allen, is not quick to say so but fears for his brother’s health.
Misc: Edgar possesses an incessant sweet tooth for dark chocolate and espresso and a dislike for the consumption of genuine food. He finds the digestive process uncomfortable. He prefers to eat only if obligated to, with sugar being the exception. He will not, however, indulge in cakes, pastries, or other what he considers to be heavy foods easily. As a result of his poor eating habits, he has become anemic. Although he is morbidly fascinated by human death, he posesses an intense fear of blood.

Name: Allen Wither
478944d02caf0a27d8de139987b877f89c9b3fea_hq.jpg

Appearance: Dark, shaggy hair styled in a purposefully “edgy” fashion. A long sharp nose and dark, rather “void-like” eyes. It is not uncommon for the expression on his face and the look in his eyes to be inconsistent with one another. Unlike his brother he prefers his shirts with unbuttoned collars and detests ties - he also pays more mind to his physical appearance. Unlike his brother, he is not quite as pale. He also possesses a chiseled-looking jaw, but his features are inevitably softer and less visibly jarring.
Interests: Allen Wither possesses an interest in wood carving, logging, hunting, and fishing. Unlike his brother, he is more interested with the physical world than the abstract one and possesses a superior hand and eye coordination resulting in a higher altitude for activities requiring physical exertion.
Background: Allen Wither and his brother Edgar, both witnessed death in their childhood. Because of this, the two are close to one another and are not often seen apart. Neither are keen on opening to strangers easily. Allen, however, can be said to be the more sociable of the two.
Whilst his brother’s physical and mental health declined as he withdrew from interaction with others, Allen compensated for the distress caused as a result of the event by becoming excessively social and distracting himself wherever possible. Allen was always mischievous and full of humor as a child, but after the event, he began to resort to humor and often sarcasm to undermine the experience. As time progressed, his humor took a darker tone and became somewhat cruel. It is not uncommon for Allen to take his frustrations out on others verbally, if they are not careful.
Misc: Allen possesses a fear of senescence. Being left alone, being without resources, losing one’s physical appeal, and losing the capability to care for oneself as a result of old age is something, he may spend a great deal of time dwelling on. He sees time as a clock ticking steadily towards a social death, and aging as an evidence of that ticking. In addition, he views aging as a human flaw and torment rather than a natural occurrence. It can be suspected his brother’s unique condition may play a part in his fear of losing the ability to self-care.
In addition, Allen also possesses an addiction to watching gore. His addiction began in early adolescence. The adrenaline rush as a result of viewing gore was a factor in his need to return to it, despite what viewing it would entail. His heart would pound, his pupils would dilate, and his blood pressure would rise, and then he would be left with flashbacks of what he had seen after the viewing. As a result, he has become somewhat desensitized to human pain. Consequently, he fears death more than he fears pain, and his brother, Edgar, fears pain more than he fears death.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back