• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Roleplay Skittle

Eternally Awkward
First things first, I am a grown woman and if that's a problem, let's stop before we start so that we don't waste each other's time.

Moving on, I am in cst and generally available all the time, though how often I post is relative to what is being written. The more interested I am in what is being played, the more often I'll post but I'm not one to hold my tongue if something is keeping me from posting, like if I feel like the scene is moving too slowly or is being unnecessarily prolonged. Discussion is important to keep an RP going so if one partner or the other is not happy with how something is progressing, then I think it is important for whomever has the issue to speak up.

Concerning communication and partnership, I find it difficult to live in a scene without having any control, but I don't like to be the only one in control. I enjoy mutual world building and a share of ideas to fill out the story and world being played in whether it's realistic or not. The entire setting shouldn't be completely developed and controlled by one person because that can be a lot of work for one and just dull for the other.

As far as storylines go, I don't like an entire plot to be fully laid out. I appreciate an element of surprise because it keeps things interesting. Rather than being on a train that all the stops are listed on the way to the destination, I like it to be more like a trip in a car. Maybe we know the exact destination, but the road we take to get there is the question. A loose plot allows for wiggle room and conflict rather than something that is entirely laid out.

Post length is relative to the situation I think. I think it's important to be descriptive but this isn't a competition and we technically aren't writing a novel so being overly wordie for the sake of writing a lot is a bit much to me. I like to get my point across and I like to put myself and the other person in the scene, but having to read and respond to a superficially long post is quite tedious. This is a hobby, it shouldn't feel like work.

I don't really like making a list of series of games, anime, or shows and movies that I'll play in because those kinds of lists can be so long and something might slip my mind but I am pretty open to suggestions and right now, even though I enjoy world building, I'm not really in a frame of mind to world build on a large scale because I have been doing that for some time for the book I am writing.

In any case here is a brief list of stuff/worlds I am interested in RPing at the moment (each category not necessarily exclusive):

Final Fantasy (I'm most knowledgeable in FFVII, FFVIII, FFIX, FF Tactics, and FFXIV which is the universe I'd really love to play in currently)
Supernatural (the show or just the genre works for me, in any time period is also fine.)
Romance (This is not something I see as the primary goal in any plot, it's nice to have it but for me, not as the basis of the RP.)
Slice of Life
Action
Adventure
Anime (I don't necessarily mean particular shows, more like anime as a genre with like... over exaggerated personalities and stuff like that because it can be very dramatic and very hilarious, but I could totally get into RPing series as long as I wasn't asked to play canon because I'm not really into that.)
Fantasy (high or low, any time period)
Historical (Medieval, Viking, Renaissance, and anywhere between the late 18th century to the early 20th century.)
Really anything historically themed, it doesn't necessarily have to be accurate.
Mythology/Lore/Urban Legends

I've also been watching the Vampire Diaries (for the first time ever, yes I know, behind the times.) And my D&D group is currently fighting a group of vampires so I'm kinda' heavily into vampires right now and would love to work something out in that area.

I would really like to do a viking/vampire mashup. (If you've seen Vampire Diaries I think you know why. 😂)

I thought it might be a good idea to add a list of my characters that I have created sheets for on this site, just to give an idea of what I play.

Characters
Olivia: 1 2
Irma: 1 2
Lydia: 1 2
Daskanya
Thaedras
Pia
Sassy
Max
Lotte

I have a lot more characters than what I have shared on this site and I am always willing to create more as long as I am inspired.

These aren't my sole areas of interest, but like I said, long lists make me slip my mind so it's okay to just ask. I don't bite.

I'm actually pretty friendly and weird. I just really hate writing these things, I'm an introvert and I'm wordie so I often struggle with being concise and getting my point across in these things so I guess I have to get into serious mode.

I'll play just about any relationship dynamic within reason and I'll play any gender for the most part however, back to the descriptive part, I really don't like playing opposite superficial characters, ones that really lack any depth and are put into a situation only to be forced onto the other character, I find that really annoying. Right now I'd honestly rather play a female opposite a male character but if you have another idea and can really make it interesting and not a nuisance, I might go for it.

Well... I think that's about it and brings me to the end of my post. If you want to try and create together, please don't hesitate to message me. I always have a hard time messaging people when I am interested in playing with them so I know the struggle but the bottom line is that either we will click or we won't and it's at least worth a try.

Last edited:
Hi there! I saw that you included Supernatural in your list and I'm intrigued :)

Mind if I DM you and we can talk about basic plot ideas, preferences, and the like?

Added the characters I have used on this site (At least some of them, some had broken CSes because of html or images so I didn't share those.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back