• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Seekers of Sultor (IC Thread)

Characters
Here
Copper seemed comforted by their kind words. Her eyes were dry at last and she could breathe calmly.

“Thank you, boys. You are kind gentlemen. I still want a silver weapon, but now I’m wondering if I should try something else.”

She pulled out a length of braided plant fibers with a notch in the top.
“Do you think if I put silver in my sling I could whip it at a werewolf hard enough to hurt? Where do you find weapons in this city anyway?”

Copper was also interested in finding potions but she trusted these two enough to let them find it for her. Potions weren’t as interesting to her as weaponry. Perhaps it was just the dragon mindset.

Jacques stroked his goatee while he considered her question.

"If you intend to use silver coins, I doubt they'd be all that effective. They are noticeably lighter than the lead balls that are normally used, but I've never tried that, so I could be wrong. If we acquired a mold for such ammunition, I could use that to cast some silver balls you might use or simply coat lead shot in silver. We'd already need a forge to smelt the silver for coating weapons as silver needs more heat than any campfire would provide." Jacques turned his attention to Valentin. "What kind of weapon will you be coating in silver, or will you be leaving your weapon as is?"

Jacques took some time to consider where they might acquire weapons at this hour before giving Copper directions to any that come to mind.

Last edited:
"I did not think of doing it but my axe is my best weapon. If anything I'd have that coated but I think we should look in to getting provisions before speaking of weapons." LeRuse LeRuse

The Dragonborn lifted her head up at the top of the cave. She imagined rocks falling overhead and spitting a big ball of acid to dissolve it. She wanted people to think she was a hero.

“He’s right. Can’t just get weapons. I must find someone who can sell me magic scrolls. I might look for some high quality components as well.”

The girl wondered if either of these men with her knew how to cook. They both seemed like well off gents who had people cook for them.

“how about we exchange cuisine at some point? I’d love to experience your cultures food.”

Last edited:
"Very well. Perhaps we should divide the payment so that we might acquire anything we need separately? We can meet back at the tavern at dawn, maybe even break our fasts together."

Copper clutched the bag of funds in her arm under the cloak. She had a look of sheer resolve coming over her. She forced herself to forego her fiscal attitude since it seemed like this princess planned on covering their travel needs.

“Alright Jacques here you go. Give Val his share too. I’ll see you back at the tavern” She handed over the bag the princess gave minus her share. When they exchanged, Jacques could notice that she disliked having her hands out of the robe. Like the universe might snatch them from her if they leave her sides.

Meanwhile Copper wondered what on earth he meant. Breaking fasts? People are strange. She parted ways on better terms this time.

First stop, the smithy. Copper bought a +1 silver dagger for 40g. She also got silver ball bearings for her sling for a pittence.

Next the young wizard started looking for a magical items shop. Somewhere she could buy scrolls or spell books to teach herself new spells.

Jacques took the purse politely and gave a flamboyant bow to the wizard as she left. He'd never held this much gold in his life... There had been valuable items that likely amounted to this or more but never this amount of coins. He took a moment to divide the coins evenly and making a point to do so in full view of Valentin so as to avoid any accusations from the knight before handing over his share.

"Do be careful Sir Knight. This city makes easy prey of those with fat purses and slow wits." Jacques said with a devilish grin before stepping away, taking another bow and bidding the knight farewell. "I shall see you at dawn. Ta ta." He said before disappearing into the shadows.

Jacques spent the next few hours meeting with merchants whom he'd known to be reputable businessmen throughout the city, the last of whom happened to be a magical haberdasher of all things. Dressed in his new boots, his purse significantly lighter, and his newly acquired goods stored safely in his new hat, minus the portable hole that sat folded in his coat, Jacques set out to the tavern a bit early to prepare for the meal with his newfound allies. There was something he would need to discuss with the tavern keeper beforehand...

Copper hurried back to the Inn with a bag full of scrolls the young mage was excited to study. She also had a new staff of protection she felt would definitely help her and her party. She rented a room for the evening and started putting together her favorite Elevantris Chili. Inside a cooking pot was a special spicy bean stew that not many in this city would recognize. It gave off a pleasant aroma and simmered hot under the cooking fire.

At the Weeping Hollow, Ella was standing behind the counter, cleaning mugs while talking to a dwarf across from her,
The elven bard was still playing his fine tunes in the center of the room,
There were less patrons in the tavern then before, but there were still two dark cloaked figures in the corner of the tavern, quietly conversing, as well as what looks like a pair of three mercenaries winding down after a mission.
To anyone who enters, Ella says her usual catchphrase,

"How can I help yah?"​

Valentin took his share of the money and left for a series of shops. He got 10 health potions from a magical apothecary. A set of leather armor for stormcloud from an armory and a pair of enchanted boots from a magic shop. He'd spent a total of 170 gp and 8 sp. He'd then return the tavern for dinner.
Human Error Human Error

Jacques arrived at the tavern shortly before the others. He didn't really have a cultural cuisine. So he opted to simply pay for a bottle of his favorite brandy from the bar. Waiting till the last moment he poured a glass for each of the three of them, making sure to add a philter of love into the drink intended for Valentin. Once his allies arrived he would serve them their drinks.

Last edited:
Once her homemade dragon chili was ready, she scooped a bowl for each of them. For Jacques’ bowl, the dragon slipped the marinating gold piece at the bottom in first and covered it with meat beans and sauce.

The coin was her special ingredient and also a warning not to eat too fast. Dragon chili was especially spicy, and she suspected he’d be the type to power through it for posterity sake.

“Alcohol isn’t a traditional food, Jacques. Are you a nomad or just not inclined towards cooking?” She asked, though she felt it was probably the latter. “Anyways, I hope you like spicy food.”

Last edited:
Valentin arrived in time to get a helping of Coppers chili. Not used to eating spicier food he took her advice and slowly ate the chili.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back