• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Seekers of Sultor (IC Thread)

Characters
Here
Copper started to imagine this shambling corpse scaring away friend and foe alike. He simply wasn't scary to her. She pitied this sorry soul that hasn't passed on to the great beyond. His corpse could have blossomed families of insects and fertile soil. Her questions were unanswered, so she stopped thinking about the quest. She wasn't given a drink from anyone working at the bar. She was feeling abysmally small.

"Whatever. I'm ready to go."

The Princess put her finger on her chin in thought for a moment,
"I would like to leave as soon as possible, tomorrow at sunrise, you will meet me at the Sky Docks,"
Kuolia glanced at the party, scanning their faces,
"If you have more questions, I would like you to save them for travel tomorrow. I have other business in this city that I must get done before I leave."
Kuolia stood up and put her hand on her chest, leaning down in a bow that had to be foreign, as it wasn't really a normal bow. Before turning and walking back through the tavern door.
Astaroth gave the party a stare before trodding off to follow her.

A barmaid hurriedly rushes out of the back and moves over to copper, putting a drink in front of her,

"My apologies, I had to improvise, we normally don't get asked for juices, I hope this will suffice!"
She wiped some sweat off her brow before walking over to another table. The drink had a light orange color to it, it smelt of citrus and tasted of bit strong to begin with, but it was still a pleasant taste, not what she wanted specifically, but not a bad alternative.

It is now at this moment, where our party has a couple decisions to make, After Jaques had guessed a different secret the princess had, you assume you now are travelling with her, as she offered. so the 3000g the Dragonkin has, is now for expenses other than travel. If you would like to buy something, or talk some things over with the party, now is a good time.
(If not, tell me in the OOC chat, and I will carry on.)

Valentin hailed down the waiter for his order of wine...and elf ears then spoke to the others. "Considering our reward is mainly what we find in the rift. How are we going to divy it up among ourselves?"
Jodyguru Jodyguru LeRuse LeRuse

The departure of the princess was a nice reprieve. Copper still felt down and anxious, though the arrival of this sweet fruit juice did help improve her mood somewhat.

“The rift must be full of treasure if she expects us to enrich ourselves. I am most concerned with magical items, trinkets, and scrolls. I say take what you can. Everyone pulls their own weight.”

Jacques strokes his goatee and gives Copper an amused smile.

"I'd been hoping you'd show some teeth, my metallic skinned friend. Overly cautious folk bore me to tears."

He takes a long drink from his glass before shifting his attention to the half-orc.

"I'd propose that the prizes go to those who could use them most effectively. From each according to his ability, to each according to his need."

Jacques strokes his goatee and gives Copper an amused smile.

"I'd been hoping you'd show some teeth, my metallic skinned friend. Overly cautious folk bore me to tears."

He takes a long drink from his glass before shifting his attention to the half-orc.

"I'd propose that the prizes go to those who could use them most effectively. From each according to his ability, to each according to his need."

“To each according to their need... well, I need a lot! I’ve got to think about my future hatchlings. I can’t let them grow up without a hoard to protect. It’s a matter of pride and honor for us dragons to keep everything we find. Now, we each seem to have a thousand gold for personal expenses. I shall look for a blacksmith to coat my weapon in silver. Perhaps some holy water will come in handy too.”

Copper decided she wasn’t going to trust the shambling zombie knight to protect her if a fight broke out. She only trusted her own strength and skill.

"Allow me to save you some coin. I know my way around a forge, and I'll not charge you. All I ask is that you procure the materials, and I shall coat all of our preferred weapons. I can also direct you to a supplier who might offer you a slightly more favorable price."

Useful or not, Jacques loved the idea of coating his rapier in silver. Minx would be quite a majestic sight if done correctly.

The dragon’s yellow eyes flared angrily for a moment. She breathed loud enough to hear, and flecks of acid dripped out her mouth and down her chin. Oh Tiamat, how embarrassing!

“I do not take without offering anything of value in return. Name your price, please.” she insisted on paying. A quality craft deserved its reward.

Jacques let out an sigh.

"If you insist. You can owe me a favor. To be claimed at a time and place of my choosing. Will that satisfy your code of ethics?"

Copper was flush with embarrassment. She reached into the bag of funds and produced a handful of silver and gold pieces. She wanted to cry but fought to hold it in.

“J-just take the money please. I-I’m not a servant. Copper Norixus has...” she had to leave now. She got up from the table and ran away as green tears started falling. She dropped her dagger on the floor near the table and fled the tavern.

"Was it something I said?"

Jacques waited a moment and collected the dagger and coins before leaving the tavern and taking off after the two.

The dragonborn would sprint around a corner and find a place to hide. The more private and enclosed the better.

Jacques would attempt to rally a search party with a story of his dear lost friend who has been lost in the city after some dimwitted brigands attacked them in a dark alley. The tall tale would of course include a rather exciting telling of Jacques singlehandedly felling the numerous brutes while the Dragonborn escaped thanks to his heroism.

(Copper rolls Stealth: 17
Jacques rolls Survival: 18

If you were to run,
Copper rolls Athletics: 14
Jacques rolls Athletics: 15
Valentin rolls Athletics: 26)

The city was in it's rather 'dead' hour, less and less people were crowding the streets, and shops, yet things were still open.
Jacques would find AND catch up to Copper, Valentin would easily be able to keep up.
No search party was needed to find her.
You find Copper hiding near the side of the building named "The Ninth Life"

Copper tried hard to get away from the others. The best she could manage was trying to hide in the garbage next to The Ninth Life. Jacques and Valentin could hear the dragon sobbing in the fetal position, hiding her face behind hood and her hands. She was beyond embarrassed and wanted the world to be small for a little while.

Jacques struggled to keep up with the half-orc who could run as swiftly in chainmail as any man or woman he'd seen when completely unencumbered.

"What... Are... You?...." He gasped in between breaths.

As the two passed the Ninth Life, Jacques heard a familiar sobbing. He stopped, throwing a rock toward Valentin to get his attention before waving him over.

"I think we've found her." He whispered to Valentin once he was close enough to hear.

The woman was a pitiful sight, weeping in refuse alone. Jacques felt a pang of guilt upon seeing the woman's tear-stained face. He needed to make amends somehow. Jacques' seemingly omnipresent cocksure smile faded into a look of obvious guilt.

"I feel responsible for this. Might I request that you allow me to go in first? I'd like the chance to apologize and return her belongings." He continued, retrieving the dagger and coin purse.

Last edited:
She should’ve known she couldn’t get away from them. It was likely they just followed the trail of acid burned cobblestones right to her. She stopped crying but her eyes were wet and pieces of her clothing were smoking with burns. The poor chromatic wanted to go home. She wondered what her master was doing right now. Probably taking a nap or smoking. She missed the smell of tobacco.

“Leave me alone” She said with a sobbing voice. Why did this Jacques follow her? He probably wanted to twist the knife some more.

Valentin having been raised among the night and having a Orc for a father had quite the athletic prowess. He was was easily able to keep up with the fleeing dragonkin. At Jacques questioning of what he was valentin simply simply smiled and said: "I am a knight a strong body is needed among the ranks of martial nobility." At the mention of making amends Valentin merely stood to the side and let Jacques through. He didn't have a lot of experience when it came to consoling women so Jacques Silver tongue would help here.
LeRuse LeRuse

Jacques took a moment to consider the rather dour surrounding and decided to employ a cantrip that might make things a bit more hospitable. Reaching into a pouch on his belt and retrieved a small piece of phosphorous. He then proceeded to perform the simple gesture and mutter the words to the dancing lights spell. Four glowing violet lights in the shape of paper lanterns then rose from his open hand. He then directed them to drift over copper's head, bathing the area in a violet glow.

Jacques then carefully walked toward her, making certain not to touch any of this filth with his boots. When he found himself directly in front of her, he cautiously knelt to look her in the face. The air was filled with a hellish stench of garbage with an acidic bite to it. Jacques wanted to vomit.

"Hello. You ran off rather suddenly." Jacques presented the purse and dagger. "You seem to have dropped these in your haste."
He let out a sigh.
"I apologize if what I said came across as offensive. I did not intend to suggest you were to be my servant. I'm rather averse to the concept of servitude, truth be told. I know, you see the black skin and images of shadowy, warmongering, slaver's come to mind. However, I assure you, that I am not like them. Benefits of a human father I suppose." He offered a disarming smile and a half-hearted chuckle after admitting that.

"Might I ask where it is you come from?"

Copper shook her head at the mention of slavers.
“No. They don’t have slavers in Elevantris, I think. I ran away because I’m a stupid rock eater and don’t want to admit it.
That’s what they call poor Dragons with no horde. They can’t afford gems or metals, so they have to eat rocks.
I don’t have parents who look like me. I don’t know who they are or where they live. I hate not knowing. It makes me feel so alone. That’s why I said I’m going to build the biggest horde ever, so my hatchlings won’t feel the ridicule.”

She sniffed and took back the money and dagger. “Thank you, Jacques. I’m sorry I ran away.”

Last edited:
Jacques assumes his trademark smile and rises to his feet.

"Think nothing of it. We all have our moments of weakness. If we're to be allies, we'll need to look out for one another."

Jacques straightened his posture and got a gleam in his eye.

"Now come along. We've got an adventure ahead of us and only limited time to prepare!"

He then gestured for Valentin to join them.

Last edited:
Valentin spent a few minutes looking for the right words to say. "I don't know if this will make you feel better but....I dealt with being a kind of outcast as well. Being a half among the human nobility wasn't easy but I got through it by proving wrong those that doubted me. I am certain you'll have that hoard someday if you maintain that spirit." Valentin pushed himself off the wall as they moved to leave the alley. "Anyway we'll need provisions and potions for the journey. Let's see if there's shop still open."
Jodyguru Jodyguru

Users who are viewing this thread

Back