• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Aviator

are you laughing at my brother?
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
Angelic-Power-shadowhunters-tv-show-38955274-500-250.gif

Welcome to the New Orleans Institute as it was in 1963, disguised as an abandoned university for mundanes. Of course, you don't see it that way—or else you wouldn't be here, would you?

Established by the ever-esteemed Aldertree family in the mid-17th century, the New Orleans Institute has been a safe haven for thousands in the Shadow World for as long as even some warlocks can remember.

But something is different.

970b104efdb73a1191c79c0c4ad92f11.gif

It is the height of the Civil Rights Movement in one of America’s historically most conservative states. The Institute has been under increasingly strict regulation by the Clave ever since its current leader, Laura Aldertree, an unmarried woman in her early thirties, was discovered having a romantic affair with a married woman of the prominent Morgenstern family. As a result, a majority of Shadowhunters are pressuring the Clave to revoke Laura’s leadership, voicing abrasive criticism.

Lately things are happening in the Big Easy, things beyond the Shadowhunters’ control. Mundanes have started to turn up missing one after the other, seemingly without rhyme or reason. Pleased to have a valid reason for their criticisms, the Council has raised a proposition to the Clave, which they’ve accepted.

If Laura Aldertree cannot determine the reason behind the disappearances—and stop whoever is at the bottom of them—she will lose her birthright to the Institute, and worse, the Shadowhunter children under her care.

8b344daa63f5f2098e966130182f25df.gif

PLOT;; We’re going to play as a group of teenaged Shadowhunters who’ve grown up together at the New Orleans Institute, along with a few Downworlder allies. It’s sort of up to them to save their adoptive mother and the Institute; when they first heard of the Clave’s proclamation, they decided immediately that they’d take it upon themselves to keep their family from being forcibly split apart.

But there’s more to it than that. They obviously have their own relationships to maintain, too, some of which may involve Downworlders, non-hetero romantic interests, and persons of color. Remember, this RP takes place in 1963, where cisgender, straight, and white is the norm.

d9chem8-ce6befd6-bab2-41e0-9242-e27c43d0d309.gif

A few rules:
- This is an advanced RP, so 3+ paragraphs per post, please! English does not have to be your first language, but please use correct grammar and spellings if you can. If I feel that not enough overall effort was put into the character sheet, I reserve the right to reject it, but I will first make suggestions.
- Stay away from canon characters, please! Of course your character may be descended from a canon family like the Fairchilds or Herondales, but OCs only for this AU universe RP.
- Please keep the Shadowhunters kids in Laura’s care between ages 15-19! Downworlders can be whatever age, since all of them with the exception of werewolves are immortal, anyway.
- Please post on the RP thread at least once every two weeks. Don't make me have to hunt you down for a reply. Three infractions of this rule will result in dismissal from the RP, though penalties will not apply to other RPers who are held up waiting for the offender’s reply.
- With regards to the aforementioned rule, please don’t flood other thread members, including myself. You must wait until three people have posted between your last post until you can reply again. If this rule is broken repeatedly and people are left excluded from the plot, I may end the roleplay.
- You must have an imagination! Create plots, play NPCs and side characters, keep the story rolling. I hate having to make everything happen on my own.
- Realistic faceclaims only for all characters! As much as I love anime, this is not the time or place.

a2d9fef1955539b409c62140dddb1b74.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back