• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Secrets Under The Juniper Tree

The sun rose over the Mountain tops of Thrain and over the fields of Abronoth. The lands though seemingly bright and sunny had a cloud hanging over there heads. It had been a year and a half since the princess had been taken and tensions rose higher in each kingdom. A full out war was threatening to break out between the kingdoms.

Clouds slowly rolled in from the north the sun no longer lasting in the sky. The inhabitants below the dark sky groaned and got ready for the rain, they would not close the market up. If the winds really kicked up they would close it down. Many people still needed things from the market on market day. It was the one place where both kingdoms had a treaty to keep the peace and not fight. The market only opened up once a week for people of both kingdoms. As the market opened so did the rain pouring down. It was like someone had opened a flood gate on the two kingdom's weeping for there loss and the loss to come.

In the woods the animals had become frantic to hide from the on coming storm. The gypsies favorite time to hunt, Today though was different the Gypsy in the white Cloak had something in mind.

~The White Cloak Gypsy~

Samara sat outside her caravan her hood up she was eating an apple. She looked around her coven and smiled. They were all her family and loved them equally. They were getting ready to hunt. Samara just sat as she watched them she normally got ready with, but not today. She threw the core into the woods.

"We will not be going hunting today. Were going to the market. Get ready the rains are coming." She nodded to the empty sky." She said. One of the newer gypsies smirked.

"Oh the spirit's tell you this?" He asked. Samara with one swift movement grabbed her bow and shot the arrow right next to his head.

"Never mock the spirits and no fool look further then what you see there are clouds by the Mountain ridges." She said she put her bow on her caravan and grabbed her white cloak and mumbled idiot. She went to get her hoarse ready and shook her head. She hated when she was questioned.

" Syeria and Danu you will come with me the rest of you can hunt, but remember stay out if sight." She said. She mounted her horse and waited for the other 3 to join her.

They all rode to through the forest to the Market. She tied up her horse up and walked through the now pouring rain. She looked about normally. She was taking things and hiding them under the cloak. And placing them in a bag. She was here how ever to talk to an herbal grower. She looked about seeing knights from both kingdoms she hid as a few passed them. She reached the hut and knocked 3 times. Before the door opened. She spoke in Latin and the man let them in.

Samara took a seat removing her hood."Marius you remember some of my coven Syeria and Danu. You know why I am here so lets get to it." She said. She put the coin purse on the table and dumped out the gold coins. Marius smirked and handed her a bag.

"Here you are Lady Samara pleasure as always." He said and kissed her hand. He heard a knock "out the back all of you." He said. Samara stood with a nod. Marius slipped her something as she walked out.

~Rowan of Thrain~

Rowan had been training in the morning sun he was fighting with Gareth and having fun while also doing what he can. He saw the sky and frowned there would be no woods walk today to find his beloved. He had been tracking the gypsies. Little did he know they were tracking him.

Rowan nodded to Gareth that they were done."Meet me in the courtyard in a bit with the horses were going to the market to look for the one I been seeking. I believe she must be in market today. I have it on good authority from a commoner." He said. Rowan moved to go change and get ready for a ride. Rowan went to find his mother.

He found her and knelt after kissing her cheek."Mother I am off to the Market." He said and smiled."I shall be back soon for lunch." He said. He got up and went down to the courtyard. His cloak on hood up. He nods to his guard to ride out of the gates. Rowan rode through the now pouring rain to the market on a arrival he tied up his horse and started to make his way through the streets. He kept an eye out for the one with a white cloak.

My Tagged peeps: @Stoked911

DeathToAllBetrayers

Last edited by a moderator:
Danu Redwood:

Danu was curled up in ball in the corner of his wagon with his ferret. Rains were coming, and like a wild animal he was curled up and sheltered down. Someone bumped into his trailer causing it to move, it was the others getting ready for the hunt. He got up and set his ferret on the bed.

"Now Garett, stay in here."

he laughed as the ferret burrowed under the blankets. He decided to only waer 3 rings today. He prepped his horse for the hunt. He looked at Samara when she said he was joining her at the market. He liked the market, so many human's to play pranks on.

"Yes mam! I like going to town and just snatching things. "

He spotted Flower as she was walking around.

"Like I love to snatch you."

He grabbed her by the waist as she laughed and asked him to stop.

"Oh fine,"

He grabbed his horse who, was only wearing a blanket and a halter. He also snatched a brown cloak from his wagon. He put on as he mounted his horse and rode up next to Samara. He kicked his horse to a full gallop as they rode to market. He knew exactly what he was going to do. Not mess with people since Samara had requested it. He simply drapped the reigns from his horse over the post and pointed at the animal.

"No running away."

He followed as Samara wondering why they had come to town. He santched an apple when the person running that stand was not looking. He happily ate the apple and threw the pit on the ground. He looked at the little hut they stopped at. He rembered this man. He followed the others in as he sat down and watched Samara make her transaction. He stood when he heard a knock and went out the back with the others.

"Do you think one of the knights recognized us?"

He looked at the others wondering where they were going next.

"So where to know Samara?"

@Gilmoregirl12

Mirabelle/Blossoming Flower.

Flower awoke to the sounds of her fellows prepping for the hunt. She sighed, she had a weird dream last night. She was a princess, of one of the kingdoms. She couldn't remember which one but, the idea made her sick. She only knew the gypsy life, and she knew the kingdoms were cruel. They wanted her and her family dead. Little did she know, they were not her family. She had no idea she was princess and she had been kidnapped. No idea that a prince was desperately searching for her, unaware war was brewing because of her disappearance. She remembered what Samara said and knew that the kingdoms were nothing but, pure evil.

"The kingdoms are cruel to my family."

She decided to take her mind off it by walking around. She looked at the others prepping for the hunt. She looked at Samara as she said her and several others were going to town. She wanted to go but, she also needed to make sure she was ready for the rains. The rains ment no hunting, even with Red, everything would be bunkered down for the storm. She suddenly fund herself being lifted up by Danu. She laughed and slapped his wrists. He seemed to love snatching her and she never knew when it was coming.

"Red! put me down!"

She laughed as he set her down. She looked as Samara, Red and Syeria rode off. She looked around until she spotted Gere.

She skipped up to him and sat down by him.

"Hello Gere."

She knew the rules, she wasn't allowed to be alone for some reason. She assumed it was because her powers had not shown themselves yet, making her weak. She looked up at the man that was not much taller then her. She decided to make small talk with him. She was just looking for someone to talk to.

"Rains are coming, are you prepared?"

She had spent the day before gathering wood with Red, she didn't know how to fight with weapons either, she really felt useless.

"You know how to fight with a dagger right? Can you teach me how to fight with one?"

She decided to change that fact. She wanted to at least be able to protect herself, in case someone tried to hurt her. Also, maybe it meant she could actually hunt for herself, or at least try to. She would feel less useless if she at least knew some kind of fighting.

@Dannygirl900

Last edited by a moderator:
Gere

Gerald had been asleep, that is, until the sound of his family getting ready to go on a hunt and from what he heard go to the market. That was a risky move for Samara, but as he learned about serving her is to never question what she does. Gerald yawned slightly and walked outside to witness Samara shooting one of her arrows at one of the others head and laughed a bit shaking his head. He knew that all too well. When he wasn't invited to go to the market he was a little disappointed, but he was also kinda happy because he could play his flute, he hadn't played it in a while. So he sat down beside a tree, leaning against it playing a happy tune to lighten the mood from the rain.

It was a few minutes until Flower came up and asked to learn how to fight with a dagger, "sure thing beautiful" he laughed and stood up, "so first things first, we're going to start you off with a small stick. We don't need anyone getting hurt." He grabbed two dagger sized sticks and gave her one, "so do as I do" he smiled and began showing her a few moves. When they finished he handed her a dagger and nodded toward the tree "now try on the tree." He smiled again and stood back to watch.

Tahara

"Erika, can you grab me that book from the top shelf?" Tahara asked her young servant while pointing to the top shelf of one of her bookshelves in her library. When her servant did as she was told a smile rose on Taharas lips "thank you, this has different kinds of rocks in it." She nodded, took the large book over to a desk snd began looking at the different kinds of rocks, with a few pieces of fools gold sitting in front of her, "ah, I knew you weren't real cold" she said, looking at the stones with a magnifying glass.

A few minutes later her son walked up and smiled "hello darling" when he announced he was going to the market a worried frown touched her lips, "you're not chasing that witch again are you?" She sighed lightly "okay, be careful" she said and kissed his cheek. When he left she looked for more books innher library for research. She found a book with different languages written in it and smiled, wanting to learn the words. "Magnificent" she whispered.

@Gilmoregirl12 @Lady Luna Ravenswood

Arishi watched Danu, Samara and Syeria leave into town while the rest of us stayed back and had to hunt. It sucked having to stay back but she couldn't go against what Samara had said. Yeah she's done it countless times...sometimes she was get caught and other times she sneak by with ease. She sighed and watched disappear out of her sight and got on her horse grabbing her daggers and headed off deeper into the forest to hunt. She like hunting but...she really wanted to go into town but later on tonight she will sneak out for some fun. For now she will obey.

She continued riding till she got off her horse and spotted a deer in the forest. She took her bow and arrow that she only used for hunting off her horses saddle then pulled her hair into a ponytail. She slowly stepped closer to the deer her feet as light as a feather and squared up her bow getting ready to take the shot. She took a deep breathe and sighed before releasing her arrow and watched it fly through the air hitting the deer in the side. She put her bow down and walked over to the deer saying some words in Latin then took out one of her daggers stabbing it in the heart and sighed again.

Syeria

Syeria was standing next to Syeria whilst eating a red apple covered in honey and was observing the coven. Samara informed everyone that they wouldn't be hunting today and she frowned after their beloved leader informed them that they would be going to the market. She hated travelling into human settlements and knew that Samara always had a good reason for going there. She smirked when Samara showed the fool what happened when she was questioned and made a mental note to keep an eye on that one.

"If humans see you, you all know what to do. But anyone that brings any of that filth near us will be punished. Severly." She reminded the coven. She was fericely protective of them but she wasn't above punishing those who risked their safety for a human. A few months ago, she forced one of the newest members to watch her kill the human they had brought to their camp. She didn't care that it was an old friend or someone they trusted. In her eyes, humans wanted to destroy their race and she was called the Dark Witch for a reason. She had used her magic to summon all the water from the human and drowned him from the inside.

After mounting her horse, she took her place at Samara's side and rode to the market. She kept an eye on their surrondings and hid when knights from both lands passed by. After concluding their business with Marius and having to leave via the back. "If he did, he would be drowning now." She informed Danu. The rain was a boon to her for it meant she had plenty of water to use as a defence and as a weapon. Her clothes were clinging to her but she cared not. "But i am happy to wipe out the filth if they find us, oh how the weather favours us so." She told the small group with a grin. She knew her limits and knew that the pouring rain would favour her. If she cared to, she could create a wave to smash away all humans but at the moment, she cared not.

@Gilmoregirl12

Ser Gareth of Thrain

Gareth had been sparing with Rowan and was losing to him. "You got lucky, milord." He told Rowan with an exggarated posh tone in his voice. "But if this was a real fight, i wouldn't be going so easy on you." He remarked as he blocked Rowan's sword and brought his up to his neck to prove that he was going easy on him. "As you command, my prince." He said after Rowan ended the session and went to fetch the horses. Unlike most knights, he didn't believe in having others do things for him. He rejected all squires when he was knighted for his services to the realm.

He went to tend to his horse and feed it a few carrots. He looked after his horse and trusted it with his life. He knew that a loyal steed was a valuable asset to men of the realm and always took great care of her. "Eat up, girl." He gently told her as he gave her an apple and stroked her mane before mounting her. They walked down to the courtyard and he caught a glimpse of a white cloak. He climbed off his horse and gestured for some of the guards to follow him. "Yes, Ser Bastard?" One asked him when 5 approached him. "Follow me and keep quiet." he ordered the men and went off to search for the white cloak. He didn't reveal that they were potentially hunting the white witch to avoid the element of surprise being blown and went to meet up with the prince. He knew Rowan wanted the White Witch and believed he could do with a lesson in tracking his target.

@Gilmoregirl12

Lady Seraphina

Seraphina was standing by the window in her queen's Library. She had been gazing at the sun as it rose over the mountain. The view to Seraphina was like watching angels cascade into the sky as they welcomed the new day. When the queen's son came into the room, Seraphina respectfully bowed her head to the prince before joining the queen at her side. "Another wonderful discovery with the false gold my queen," said Seraphina as she watch Tahara smile at her findings. Then when the queen began to move again, Seraphina followed her like a shadow. Matching every step in perfect time as to keep Tahara from thinking that Seraphina was slacking off. Today was marketing day and Seraphina hoped that Tahara would allow her a day off duties to go to the markets. It had been a awhile since Seraphina had been given a duty free day, which she hardly minded, but every now and then the castle walls would seem a bit too small.

When the queen paused to look at a book, that is when Seraphina posed a question. "Tahara, I was wondering what plans you have made for the day. As it is time for the markets to be out. I understand your son already has his mind set for things, but you have not said what it is you're doing."

Seraphina truly hoped that her queen had planned to do more then just her personal studies today. Even though Seraphina would help advise the queen at points, it was not in her right mind to make the plans herself. So Seraphina waited for her queen to give an answer.

@Dannygirl900

((I skimmed. I'll go back and re-read))

Click! Click! Click! Those were the sounds that could be heard echoing throughout the king's hall as he walked alone to the council room. He wasn't one of those kings that required some boy or woman to accompany him and help him clothe and bathe and any number of lazy attributes some kings before him had. CREEEEAK! SLAM! the door opened and closed as he made his way to nimble chair that looked like the others in the room, but instead of being wood it had been made of metal and glass adorned the back, sparkling like jewels in the light. To his left was a window, open, letting the cool breeze float through. The sill of the window had a deep crack. In fact many of the places in the castle had cracks, or something was broken but he had ignored them. This wasn't like himself. Although he didn't spend money in a lavish way he still spent it to keep the castle looking nice. It provided the people in the city jobs, but ever since his daughter had went missing depression had set in. It was only due to his council he himself didn't look as bad along with self pride. "Gentlemen. Sit" He sat before they had and looked at each of them in turn as they sat down, his way of acknowledging them. "It has been a year and a half. You are yet to find my daughter. As the gypsies, or druids, or whatever you call them and the kingdom of Thrain I propose we get ready war. This insult will go now longer. I know it was one of them who did this. She simply would not have run off. If someone wanted her dead they would have made that evident by now."

~The White Cloak Gypsy~

Samara looked at her group of Gypsies as they stood outside the back door. She listened and heard the guards asking if Marius had seen the gypsies here in town. She waved Danu and Syeria to move. She looked at Danu and shook her head.

"Don't Know but we should be leaving. I do need a few more things,but we need to get them quickly and leave." She said as she peaked around Marius's house.

"We have to make it to the market in blend in. It is why I took Marius's cloak to put over mine." She said to him. She put it over hers and made her way to the market place slipping past the guards and knights now that her cloak didn't make them stand out. How ever the rain kept coming down quicker and faster in the rain.

Samara was making her way through the market her hands snatching things she could and putting them under her cloak.

"Syeria no you will keep your powers to yourself today we are here not to get caught, but the few things I need for the circle tonight." She scolded the woman gently. She loved her second in commands protectiveness of there coven. Today how ever they needed to get stuff and get out. She looked at the two and handed them what she had swiped and given by Marius.

"If I get caught run do not stop to help me just go. I do not want either of you to argue with me. You back and protect flower and move the coven to the hidden circle promise me." She said looking at the both of them.

Samara saw Gareth go to the prince and moved around the corner. She still needed to grab a few things. She would get out of what ever problems she got herself in. She knew Syeria be worried, but she also knew better then to against what Samara asked her. There was no use for both of them to be caught. Samara stayed closer to the smaller woman she had been her best friend for years. They had been alive for the same amount of years. There powers under good control and they had learned to grow them in strength and knowledge.

@Stoked911 @Dannygirl900 @rosamortelle @Johnny R McAvery )

DeathToAllBetrayers

Syeria

Syeria kept her distance from Samara as the woman skillfully stole items for the group whilst she walked through the market. Syeria knew that if she attempted it, it would end in several murders and a garrison on their asses because she was a bit rubbish at swiping stuff without a human noticing. Unless they cared more about her looks then their items.

"I shan't bathe the filth despite the skies favouring me on this day." Syeria reassured Samara whilst smiling at her. She was ruthless and wouldn't hestitate to wipe out a village if she felt that the coven was threatened by the filth that inhabited the lands but she never disobeyed Samara's orders. The brightest light in her dark life and the only woman capable of taming her anger.

"Take care, my ocean and gem. They will be hidden and i shall use the waters as my eyes." She whispered to Samara and had a look of concern on her face. She knew Samara was capable of remaining hidden but she hated it when her lover and leader sent them away. It scared her inside, scared that she would lose the only person she first cared about in a long time, the only woman who showed her the light and tamered a storm at sea. She would lead Danu back to the camp.

@Gilmoregirl12

Ser Gareth of Thrain

Gareth stalked the white cloak untill she entered a hut and knew that the chances of finding her were slim despite his numbers outweighing her. The guards weren't the bravest and some smelled worse then the contents of the stables but they would obey his commands. He gently knocked on the door and was greeted by the owner. "Good morning, I apologise for intruding upon your business but a woman was spotted heading this way and is an enemy of the realm. If you co-operate with us, this will only take a mere second." He informed the owner and was allowed entry.

After failing to locate the white cloak, he departed whilst wishing the man good fortunes. "Men, I thank thee for your services. Head back to the barracks and warm yourselves up." He told the guards and walked into the market. He saw Rowan punch a barrel and walked up to him as the rain poured over everyone. "You are quick to anger and easy to lose." He told Rowan whilst smiling at him. "Your anger causes you to lose track of your target and were i, your target, i would know where to avoid." He advised the young man as he looked up at the sky. "But in this weather, we don't have much of a chance. The footprints will be washed away and our hounds won't know her scent. Apart from tearing the village apart and i hope you are not considering that, we are forced to head to the tavern and have a nice mug of ale." He told the prince as he put his hand on the man's shoulder. He knew how much the princess meant to Rowan and hadn't told anyone that the Prince of Thrain was dating the princess of the south.

@Gilmoregirl12

Daniel was sitting on a big rock in the middle of a grove. He was enjoying the peaceful moment with slight surprise. It had been far too long since he had been able to walk around without his armor and just relax. Daniel admired the trees, the plants, the ground, and the beautiful green of it all. He knew that he would need to go back soon and report to his king. In fact, his recreational moment would most likely just add on duty after duty.

He decided that he would burn the bridges once he came to them. Everyone deserved some kind of break, so why not take his right now? Besides the fact that war was pretty much going to break out any day. It made sense to him as he thought about it more. If anyone saw his face they would notice not a single expression or hint of care in it. Internally though he was feeling pretty great about the immediate moment. The lingering thought of his very unhappy king still lied within his mind.

Danu looked at Samara.

"Why couldn't they have been scared away by the rain.."

He nodded when she side they needed to blend in.

"Yes mam."

he pulled his hood over his head more and followed Samara.

"Calm down Syeria. Let them come to us..."

He didn't want to fight humans on the human's turf. He wanted them to come out into the forest an meet him. He wiped is face as the rain came down harder. He noticed some vendors were closing up because of the rain. He grabbed another apple from a food vendor who, was not even at the stall. He munched happily on it when Samara split the stuff up between him and Syeria. He gave her curious look when she told them that if she got caught to run away. Did he miss running into someone?

"Move to the hidden circle. Got it."

He put the stuff she handed him in a secret pocket in his cloak. He spotted what had gotten her worked up.

The prince's knight...what's his name....

Danu had not taken upon himself to actually learn their names, he didn't see it as important. He knew the prince was looking for them and the princess. He knew they had put a very good disguise on her. Her hair was fuzzy and out of control and, she often had dirt smeared on her face and arms. She didn't look like a princess at all, she looked like one of them. He continued munching as his apple as he looked around. He kept his eye out for the prince and his knight. If he was to spot them he would give Samara a warning before disappearing into the crowd. The rain seemed like it was going to lighten up for a moment then came down hard again. He looked at Syeria.

"I bet you are just loving this weather right now."

He liked rain but, this rain was relentless, it just kept pouring and pouring. It was like a lake was going to form soon if it didn't stop raining.

@Gilmoregirl12 @TheRoleplayingDovah

Flower took the stick from Gere and watched as he did some moves she stood up when he said for her to go. She tried to match his stance exactly, and looked at the tree.

"Okay, like this?"

She tried a jabbing move but, her footing was off and when she went to shift her weight forward to jab she lost her footing.

"ah!"

She feel on her face, she pushed herself slightly and rolled over. Sitting up she at Gere with a defeated face. She pulled some twigs out of her hair. She wondered how the others were able to fight so easily.

"This is hard. How do people fight so easily?"

She looked back at Gere. she wondered if there was some secreat trick to it, she

"What did I wrong? I did exactly like you."

She stared at the ground frustrated she couldn't defend herself. She didn't have any abilities like the others and, she couldn't fight. She wondered if this was why her parents abandoned her. She let out a defeated sigh. It was like her body didn't accept fighting. She stood up looking at him, she couldn't give up now. She wanted to be able to defend herself and make Lady Samara happy by being able to pull her weight. She could at least hunt with Danu if she knew how to fight. She wouldn't have to rely on others to hunt for her. That would make her feel less like she was pretty thing that just sat around and was defenseless.

"Okay show me what I did wrong. I want to be able to do this Gere, I feel like I am burden for the others since I cannot even wield a dagger."

She wasn't the best with her emotions, she sometimes gave into them a little too much. She was very frustrated and upset at the moment.

@Dannygirl900

Arishi continued to hunt. She has hunted a deer, three rabbits and four pheasants. She was finished hunting for today and just decided to walk around the forest, admiring the beauty and nature of the place. She has always loved the forest it was a place for her to be free and just have fun. It was also a place she could run to when she was angry and vent/yell out her feelings. She continued walking with her horse trailing right behind her then she started to sing. She loved singing, her mother would tell her stories about how her father loved it when her mother would sing to him. Sadly, that ended soon, but her mother never stopped telling her stories about her father. She wanted to meet him someday, ask him why he left...but for now...she will just wait.

She continued walking and singing her stallion still behind her until she spotted a man in the center on the place all by himself. 'A man...in the forest...he's not from around here...I can say that...he must be from the town...but what is he doing here?' she wondered. Suddenly her just standing there wondering became into curiosity and she slowly and lightly walked over to him. She made sure not to a sound...if one this is for sure she does know how to be swift and quiet about things. His back was facing her and this gave her a good chance to sneak up and maybe capture him.

@The Master (I believe you are in the forest, I read your post like three times and I want to make sure I'm right)

Daniel heard the faint sound of what he was sure was singing. He blinked and looked around, not spotting anyone. He heard something else from behind and quickly turned, spotting the gypsy girl who was sneaking up on him. He took out a dagger he had in his boot. "Who are you? Why are you trying to sneak up on me....?" He asked calmly, but with intensity. Daniel was standing and was stepping back a couple steps before standing his ground.

Daniel was actually surprised the girl was able to sneak up on him. Her only mistake was singing and having the horse. If not for the horse actually, Daniel was sure the girl would have been able to sneak up on him. He noticed her clothing and figured she was a gypsy. Daniel didn't want to fight anyone at the moment, so he made no hostile moves towards her. He remained where he stood, waiting for her to answer him.

@Stoked911

Users who are viewing this thread

Back