• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Secrets of the Valley

zippy

placeholder
Baker’s Gap, Tennesse. A small mining village tucked in the rolling valleys of the Appalachian Mountains. Quiet and forgotten, the mine is long closed and the town long deserted.
nZvV9AAiNlWnke0Czu_L1pdaR7OztIhZ1lFSUo6lNgMKhWzFGYuFTNjxqSLyGpoNKSlJlXkC7mfKtGZopPVdDiCtek1-smXpA2BeDXjN9C3Uy1FLLnrJs5C7eW5jbCQBlkC1CR6C
It is said that at its peak, Baker’s Gap had upwards of 800 people living within. The mine was the source of work for the men of the community. So it was no surprise when the sudden closure of the mine sparked worry and stress among the townspeople. But there was no mass exodus. No leaving of men to find work in other places. No, the people of the town seemed to disappear overnight, leaving no trace of where they may have gone or what may have become of them. An investigation by the nearest town was launched, but nothing was uncovered. The mystery has remained standing for nearly 100 years.

This story will follow a small group of enthusiasts eager to uncover the mystery begging to be solved. They plan to not only discover the secrets of Baker’s Gap, but document their findings on camera and video. But when they arrive in the village, odd things begin to happen. Fleeting shadows in the night, malfunctioning equipment, and winds that sound almost like mocking laughter. They start to feel like maybe the town is not as abandoned as they believed. Maybe…

They are not alone.
tumblr_mxrjnkLSxQ1rqlyzwo1_500.gifv

This plot idea is inspired by works such as The Ritual, The Blair Witch Project, The Lost Village, Midnight Mass, and a whole host of other horror works. The cast of characters will be small, between 3-5 characters with a top cap of 7. Character interactions will be important since as tensions rise so will anger, distrust, and blame among the cast. This RP is open to people of all ages, but do keep in mind that there will be psychological horror, body horror, intense language, and mild gore as necessary.

Though there is an emphasis on character-driven story aspects, the plot will be primarily driven by events and time. As the days go on, the events will occur with more frequency. Most will be given by me in a semi-GM style post, but all players will be able to put forth their ideas.

If interested, comment below. I’m free to answer any questions as well. Thanks for reading.

Rekindling bump. Hopefully there’s more interest this go around! Comment or DM if there are any questions you have

Users who are viewing this thread

Back