• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Secrets of the Nightlife in New Orleans: OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Hey just so you know the places she mentions are all made up. I have no idea if they or something like them actually exist in New Orleans.

Just curious Laume, did you pick those cards based off the text and clues? Or did you actually do a real card reading based off my character? Im curious. I actually have a druid animals deck that im very attached too.

Attachments

• 20190722_141048.jpg
    20190722_141048.jpg
    531.7 KB · Views: 1
  • 20190722_141224.jpg
    20190722_141224.jpg
    692.8 KB · Views: 1
I used this spread here
And then chose cards based on the character bio.
So for example, Strengths -> "Determined, witty at times, quick to action" -> Chariot
What you find most fulfilling -> She is a painter -> 3 of pentacles.

Of course, that means i'm mostly approximating based on the character sheet. If Ellie doesn't actually find painting fulfilling, then it's inaccurate.

She dose, she just hasn't painted in a while. I made sure to put that note in her bio, and i corrected an error i saw in her bio.

Hey Laume, any way you can try to find a pic of your character. Something thats pretty close to what you want/see him look like? I love visual clues. Helps the imagination. Plus i think in my head im warping him into a look that is not what you intended. If not thats cool. I was just curious.

Honestly, this is a pretty good approximation, lol:
latest

In terms of more real life pictures:
portrait-of-young-man-with-long-hair-and-hat-picture-id562696079

5baab3f80b171ea105b89ce5_mens-knit-cap-long-hair.jpg

Hope that helps

Okay seeing the first pic made laugh out loud. Good my imagination wasn't very far off then. I also kinda saw him as a tad under weight then where he should be as a human and way underweight as a werewolf in my head.

And yes thank you that helped alot.

I have been trying to really pay attention to the thread during the week, so you may notice im off and on. I like that fact that they can talk a bit more freely.
I also wanted to note her "quiet" magic is wold magic, most born wolves can do it, but the more muddied your bloodline the harder it is or not as effective. Ellie is from a pure bloodline so she has access to a few nice tricks. The idea behind the spell is not to be heard or noticed. Its great for hunting game, or hunting "prey" IE: monsters ect.

Vampires have the same spell they just reach and pull from different sources

Ellies magic is mostly connected to the earth and moon, and of course her blood.

Just thought i would explain it a bit. I hope it makes sense?

Sorry for the delay.
School is starting soon and as a bus driver lots to do. But i hope you like my post at least. :) I hope it made sense too.

I do not mind. Just make a character, and post it in the Character page, and please follow the rules. It mostly comes down to respect and not controlling others OC's. If you have questions about something you want to do with or about another character ask here, or in private message. I hope you enjoy the story. Its just getting started. :)

GreyGremory GreyGremory

Just letting you know. Ellie always hides her scent. She smells pretty much human, that might have dogs if you really looking, but she has gotten used to constantly hiding her scent. She was raised as a hunter so its also part of a growing up habit, and also she dosnt like to be found out unless its on her terms. its one of her abilities she is really good at.

He was actually just talking about not Ellie but the guy and possibly the person he mentioned. You just happened to be in the room and he didn’t really hid the fact he was a vampire so I figured there would still be visible death glares. Should I fix it?

GreyGremory GreyGremory You would have to ask Laume if the others are werewolves or not. I was under the assumption that it was just him. But thats up to him because its his store. :) Ellie would be a bit frustrated about him flaunting he is a vampire, only because most supernaturals try to stay under the radar. They haven't really came out to humans as a whole.

Also assuming that everyone is giving death glares can be taken as controlling others characters....

There have been a few times i have asked about doing something here before posting, like asking Laume if she could smell his wolf or if he had it hidden. This way we dont accidentally control others. We never know when a character will act different then we expect, but then if you are playing a character like Damon you can prob understand that. lol :)

Laume Laume

The store, is there any other werewolves that work there? And would you say that he actually has real herbs and the like witches use? what would you say is in that store? typical new age store or more specialized, like they say the owner knows about sups and carries things he knows they need? Just curious. Basically, is it a normal new age store or something more? thanks :)

Also. I will post my reply in a bit but I would like to hear from Laume Laume before responding. Im currious how this will go. lol Poor jared...he seems to have supers just popping up now. :) So much for a quiet life now.. lol

Yeah sorry about that. I’ve never had an issue with assumption before but if I have to I will change the post to match. I’m just trying to play him out a little closer to Damon and Stefan put together sort of with a mix but with Damon showing through more till he gets to know the characters. Again I’ll change it if I have to.

Whitewolf787 Whitewolf787 Laume Laume

I guess dont worry about it for now. We can work with it. Laume Laume i would still like to know more about the shop however when you get a chance.

GreyGremory GreyGremory Question. Your character is not making it a secret he is vampire? ie: hiding scent or anything? It seems like his inrto he dosnt care if people think he is, or think he is something. lol

Im asking because Ellie is really good at finding and noticing vampires and other supernaturals. So she would know he is a vamp, unless he has something that would hide himself or make him pass as human?

I wanted to ask before i made my post. :)

Wouldn't they look more or less like humans aside from the obvious pale skin? He has a ring that protects him from sunlight. Thats why he is able to go out during the day. I mean he can flair his fangs and his eyes turn red and the veins around the socket become visible but otherwise he should look more or less like a human. As for his scent im not sure he would even know or care since humans wouldn't really care seeing as how his maker was a former lover before his hometown hunted all the witches and vampires causing her to turn him so that he can find her later.
Whitewolf787 Whitewolf787

Then Ellie would be able to tell he was a vampire then. Day walkers are not that uncommon, and inless he did more then that to "hide" his vampire-ism she would know but smell and instinct. For example he wouldnt be able to smell her werewolf or see any give away features, but he may notice that she has a bite more to her eyes then most humans, knowledge, years, predator. She trys to hid that too, but...when your a pred for so long you usually cant hide it from your eyes, just mask it. Just fyi. ":) So...ellie would know he is a vampire then. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back