• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Secrets of the Night life in New Orleans

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
ELLIE

Ellie smiled again. She knew that he couldn't smell her werewolf scent because she had a habit of always hiding it. She also suspected that he wasnt very good with his nose. Most new wolves that were bitten and not born never were. To used to human limits. His reaction and surprise and utter disbelief had her smiling to herself and confirming that she was more or less dealing with a puppy, no mater how old he was when he was bitten, which couldn't be long but the looks of it.

His dump of questions with mixed emotions also made her want to laugh. It was kinda cute in its own way. Like child happy at a new discovery but not sure it is actually real.

"Sadly no. There is no cure. But before you get depressed it can be turned into a blessing and not a curse if you let it." She thought a moment. Did she have time to teach and walk through things with a pup? Not really. Ellie also knew that it would nag and eat away at her if she just shrugged it off and turned a blind eye. This is why she told him what she was.

"I can try to help you learn the ropes if you want. Im a born werewolf, not changed, but i can still teach you. I amuse you cant smell much of anything besides food and drink?"

She shook her head.

"That right there gives me clues you are of the changed breed. If you started as human and haven't been changed very long you will still be used to your human senses. Its actually very common, but there is a whole other world out there once you start to use your heightened gifts. "

She paused and then decided to add, "Also no one can hear our conversation right now but us. Just in case you were wondering. I put a "Quiet" spell on if you will. I can explain that later, but i just wanted to let you know that no one else can hear us talking about this. In fact if you look around you may notice that most everyone is not looking at us at all, or seem to be looking through us with out seeing us."

As fate would have it right when she said that one of her coworkers walked right up to her but then just passed her like he was still walking in a straight line but didnt notice that he actually stepped out of the way. His eyes never even registering that she was there.

She raised her eyebrows as a jester of "see what i mean".

He went to the register she was near, entered an order and turned around. He looked right out at Jared but didnt even seem to see him before again walking by, and going back to another couple at the other end of the bar.

"Would you? Words aren't enough to express how much I would appreciate that." He would love for someone to give him answers, someone who could make things better, even if this whole thing would never really go away. If she was right and it could even become a benefit rather than a hindrance...that seemed almost too good to be true. He could scarcely imagine it.

He looked around as she explained the spell, eyes widening. "Whoah. You're going to have to teach me that, if you can." He was also impressed that she hadn't used any tools or techniques that he could see to do it. All the magic he knew about involved rituals- candles and sigils and crystals and statements of intent. Her 'Quiet' spell had just happened.

Emboldened by the fact that no one would overhear him, Jared started to tell his own side of things. "You said I'm 'changed' right? So I wasn't born a werewolf?" He shrugged, uncertain. "I don't remember being bitten or anything, as far as I know. But then again, I was adopted. So if it's something from my birth family, or something happened when I was still too young to remember, I wouldn't know anything about that. That's why I moved to New Orleans, actually. My biological parents are from here. I don't know who they are, but for some reason I thought...I don't know...maybe I'd find something. Which I guess I did." he smiled up at her. "Just not in the way I was expecting."

"I've been this way for as long as I can remember; but I always thought it was a disease or a hormonal problem or something. Though doctors could never figure out the right diagnosis, and after a while I stopped telling them everything in case they thought I was crazy. Every month my body would go out of whack in all sorts of weird ways- getting hairier, getting sharp teeth, bones and muscles suddenly changing shape moving around...my jaw locked so often that I asked my dentist had to teach me how to set it back in place. But I never went full wolf...except once."

Ellie

Ellie was surprised. She had assumed since he seemed so new to the gifts that he was recently changed, but maybe be was born a wolf, just not a high blood line. If he was born but only once went full wolf she wondered how much he just didnt know, like she assumed, or was he that limited.

Changed wolves were limited, but if he blood, then there might be more she could do for him. First tho she needed to know exactly what he already knew.

"You have been able to change, or have been different since you can remember? It might be worth tracking your parents. I assumed you were changed, which is another way to say bitten or clawed. I was probably wrong. You just seem so new to everything. Have you not noticed the heightened senses compared to others? See or hear things that others couldn't? As far as the change full wolf only once, " she paused " tell me about it. Was it under extreme stress. As in example possible loss of life, or to protect someone else?"

Ellie knew he would have lots of questions. The quiet spell was wonderful, but if they were going to keep this up, it might be better to go somewhere else. She did promise she would close however.
She found herself just as anxious and curious as the new pup.

"Yeah, as far back as I can remember" Jared agreed. He supposed it was possible he had been bitten or clawed very early, as an infant, but he figured that would have been mentioned by his parents at some point, or he'd have a scar or something. He considered what she said about heightened senses. "Well...yeah, actually. I've been more sensitive to sounds and smells than most other people around me. My parents had me assessed for autism, among all the other tests and theories, but I didn't have any of the other traits." It was part of why he liked hiking- nature was full of it's own noises, but it was still calmer than the city. And something about the smell of trees and rain and wild animals made him feel at home.

He winced, the memory of that night still painful. "Yeah it was...um..." How could he even begin to tell this story. "It was in college. It was around the full moon so I was feeling weird and out-of-sorts already, plus I caught some kind of fever. And then I made the genius decision" God, he felt embarrassed by it, even now "to try some uh..." Even with the quiet spell in place, Jared lowered his voice to a mumbling whisper "... well, let's just say I put some things in my body I really shouldn't have. And either those, or how they interacted with the flu or the medicine, or my werewolf genes, or all of the above... I had a really bad trip and made myself really sick. Look, uh..." he looked around. "I know you have work and everything. Maybe we could meet up sometime?" He started writing down his phone number. "I feel like I have a lot to learn."

Ellie

Ellie listened to what he had to say. Sound like it was a combination of all the things that stressed his body and mentality for his hard change. He also dint seem to want to talk about it, but that was normal, specially about a first change.

When he started writing down his number, she just nodded and waited. Once he handed it to her she wrote her information down on a ticket and gave him hers.

"I told a coworker that I would close for her. Im not sure what your schedule is, but maybe we can met up sometime tomorrow. Im actually off tomorrow anyway."
This would also give her a chance to try to look into her prey later tonight, and still catch some sleep.

"Thanks" Jared accepted the ticket and entered her number into his phone. "Tomorrow?" he repeated. "Let's see, uh... I'll get off of work at 3PM. So anytime after that is fine. Unless you'd like to visit the shop?" he started digging through his pockets, sure he had a business card for Galdr somewhere. "Though it seems like you have this whole magic thing on lock, so I doubt you need anything we sell."

Ellie

Ellie smiled. She did like new age shops. It didnt matter if there was very little there that she herself needed, but she liked them anyway.

"Actually I would love to look at the shop. I can try to show up a little before you get off work. I might not need alot of things, but I still enjoy those types of shops."

"We'd be glad to have you" Jared smiled. Galdr was a nice place, and he liked working there, even with the mounting frustration of finding dead end after dead end in his own personal quest for information. He had been able to help people find their first tarot decks, advise nervous beginners on which books to start with, discuss the elemental associations of different musical instruments; It was a fun, engaging place to work. "Let me know if you'd like to book a star chart reading or anything like that."

ELLIE

"Of course. For now im going to let the spell drop and get back to it. Take all the time you want. Im here for the rest of the night."

She looked around one more time before adding, "I also wanted to let you know, we are not the only supernaturals in here. There is at least 3 more and fairly close by."

She nodded then towards the wolf couple now enjoying a desert, and the vampire reading a but off to the left in the corner. Almost everything told you they were human, but with the wolves there was a scent just noticeable, and the vampire, there was a look in his eyes that said old, and his fingernails were just a but more "polished" then they should be even with them cut short. These things were easy for her to see since she was a tracker, but she wasnt sure if others could see it or not.

"Oh?" Jared asked, looking around. Had he been truly lucky, and wandered into some kind of supernatural hotspot? Or were nonhumans secretly so common, that they were everywhere? He didn't notice anything unusual about the people she pointed out- never would have picked them out of a crowd. But he doubted most people that looked at him would automatically peg him as a werewolf right away... It made him wonder how many other supernaturals he had met in his life, without ever knowing it.

He let Ellie get back to work and relaxed, enjoying the food, music and ambiance of the bar for a while. Eventually, he said goodbye and headed home. There was a new spring in his step, and he was excited to see what he would learn tomorrow.

Ellie

Ellie got on with the rest of her night. It was harder to focus then she would have liked. She kept thinking about the new wolf. How could a wolf be so sheltered from what he was? Then again, she had been brought up in a family that you were reminded everyday that you were different. She shook her head and just smiled. This could be fun. All she had been doing lately is hunting and working. It was time she made time for something else. She was interested in what this new wolf could do. He already showed he did have some other gifts. His cards worked very well for him. The shift went on and finally she was leaving the club.

Now time for her late night monster hunt. Maybe she would get something tonight.

"Look, it's my job to help you, and I'm not helping you if I'm not being honest." Jared told the high-energy teen customer he had been talking to for the past ten minutes. "And the fact is Wicca started in 1954 with Gerald Gardner. He tried to incorporate other folklore and his own personal theories of history, but it's ultimately modern. That doesn't mean it can't be the right path for you, if it speaks to you. But if ancient paganism is what you're interested in, you'd need to use more primary sources- which will be harder to find, and often piecemeal and contradictory. It depends on what work you're willing to put in, and what you want to get out of the process. If you want my recommendation..." He moved over to the bookshelves and pulled out two books. "Here's Gardner's Witchcraft Today, and here's The Pagan Religions of the Ancient British Isles, by Ronald Hutton, who's an actual historian. Two very different takes that will lead you down very different paths- see what interests you."

He moved over and started restocking candles. It had been a pretty typical day at work. He had guided a beginners meditation group in the morning, did a tarot reading for an anxious and superstitious mother worried about her trans son, and sold armloads of crystals to a regular customer. He was in the middle of cleaning up and organizing the store's collection of charms and pendants when the bell over the door chimed. "Be right with you" he called out.

Ellie

Ellie had a very busy night. She wasn't able to find the vampire she was looking for but she did help out preventing some petty crimes, its amazing what you do when you think a giant white dog will attack you. She smiled at herself. She wasn't Batman, but if she was in the right place at the right time and not otherwise busy she would try to help. Some of the time. She wasn't a super hero, but she did protect the city in her own way. Mostly by hunting down monsters that went to far. She focused more on the supernatural area. She took down a rookie monsters. It was very lucky for her, bad for them. A young adult maybe 20 years old couple must have found someone to turn them. However whoever turned them didn't seem to care about what happened next. Ellie wasn't sure if they were bad eggs from the start or if the blood lust twisted them. Either way she ended it. She was too late to save a small women and her dog, but she caught up with them when they went after a late night couple. Funny how monsters, people, sups with new power think that they are untouchable. There is always a bigger predator out there. Her family was one of them. She still used all she learned, but applied it a bit differently. She was not going to be completely "black and white" on the rules. Life is full of grays.

The new vampire couple had lured the humans into the ally, seemed a bit cliche honestly, but Ellie was used to that. She still could smell the fear and terror from their last meal in her nose. The other women didn't stand a chance and the dog was ripped up. It was a pleasure kill, not a feeding one. Immediately she could see the blood lust in their eyes. The intent. The kill. How did humans not see or sense these things? There were a few exceptions, but it amazed her how blind others could be. Ellie decided to be in her human forum. It tends to make it easier to talk that way. When they were far enough down the ally she could tell they were about to spring their trap, instead she very purposely stumbled out of hiding, and knocked over some trash can, startling the humans and earning a half concealed snarl form the vampires.

"Oops." Ellie laughed like she was drink and staggered in their direction. Like always she made sure her werewolf scent was suppressed. She didnt think the vampires would know what they were smelling but better safe then sorry.
Her staggering and the stumbling broke what ever weal trawl the humans were under and they seemed like different people. Eager to leave the area. Good, she thought, less hassle.
They backed away from the couple and started out towards the main road. As they were about to pass the female vampire reached out to to grab them. Ellie had used her stumbling act to get closer to them in that very shot time and was within distance to push herself forward to block her from grabbing the man.

"Oh my, im so sorry. Thanks for catching my fall." She tried to slur her words a little.

The male vampire didn't seem to mind that the human couple was using this as an opportunity to get out. He was more focused on Ellie. Just like she wanted them too. The female vampire was a bit more upset but turned towards Ellie.

"You dumb bitch!" female vamp spat. Well that is not a great start, Ellie thought.

Female vamp went to grab Ellie's' arm, but she dodged it buy acting like she was falling backwards and to the side. She was keeping the male vamp in her peripheral vision while she did.
The female vamp snarled with frustration, not concealing it anymore and Ellie could see her fangs. What a rookie thing to do. Ellie has seen it so much in newly turns. They couldnt control their fangs when upset. The male vamp seemed almost amused. Ellie knew that he was the smarter of the two.

Once it was clear that the humans had left the ally Ellie stopped wobbling and stood straight up, earning her a look of confusion from female vamp.
"What the fuck? Are you high?" Clearly she didn't see details.

"Where is your maker?" Ellie asked. Her voice was all business now. the male vamp stepped closer and held out an arm to temper his partner.

"That was a good act. It doesn't matter, your going to die." Said male vampire.

"So no chance to talking this out and convincing you that killing inst a good idea?" Ellie held her hands up in a dramatized shrug motion.
Male vamp smiled reveling his fangs, and chuckled.
"I guess you are stupid." His response made female vamp giggle. Ellie might have over estimated the males intelligence because the next thing he did was try to rush her to grab and bite her neck. Newbies like this had no fighting sense and seemed to only know how movies went.

Ellie side stepped the move and moved away. It was almost like a dance. The female vamp then tried to strike out. Her nails having grown into claws. Two can play at that game, Ellie thought.
Ellie side stepped her as she did the male vamp. It was to easy. They had wide flailing movements. Not controlled or focused at all. Ellie's hand darted out what seemed to be lightning fast. Speed was one of her favorite things, and she came away with female vamps heart. It was all a beautiful dance. Ellie with her claws out, now held a shocked and dying females heart. She crushed it in her hands as she watched the female crumple like a discarded puppet doll. New ones did that when they died. They didn't go up in smoke or dust. They just fell, no longer having the magic to keep them alive.

Male vamp was shocked for only a few split moments before he screamed and rushed Ellie. It was almost the same exact thing the female tried. Again Ellie came away with a heart.

She sighed. To easy. No fun. Time to clean up. For the next two hours Ellie got rid of the vampires bodies. Clean up always sucked. She did miss pack resources on that. But she was on her own.

After she had finished the sky was lightening up. Time to go home. She was going to sleep hard. And tomorrow, or today, depending on how you looked at it, she was going to go met the pup.
She smiled. Not a half bad night, but she was sad she didn't make it in time for the women and her dog.

At home in bed, Ellie set her alarm and went to sleep.

He alarm went off at Noon. Ellie got up, got ready and went for a run. She always ran. Today she just ran the streets instead of going to the outskirts of the city. After her run she came back cleaned up and set off to the store to look for the new pup. He said something about getting out at 3, she wanted to show up around 2:30. Take a look around and see him at his work. She dressed casual. Just jeans, boots, and a nice white polyester shirt that had feathers and dream catchers on it. She pulled her hair back in a pony tail for her run and just fixed it before she left. She was interested to see what type of store Galdr was.

Once he was done reorganizing the jewelry, Jared came back around to the store's main counter to check in on the new customer. His face lit up with a soft, easygoing smile when he saw Ellie. "Oh, hi! Welcome to Galdr" he opened his arms, gesturing to the store around them. Feel free to browse and look around at your leisure. Let me know if you're looking for anything in specific, or if you want to know more about something." Noticing her shirt, he pointed to the western side of the store. "If you like dream catchers we have a few on the wall over there, made by local native groups." He knew she was here because he invited her, regarding the whole werewolf thing. The excitement of all he would learn today coursed through him like an electric current. But he still had a half-hour on the clock, and it was hard to get out of customer-service mode. "If you want a personal divination of any kind, I've got time slots open, and my coworker Nohemi specializes in Ogham and tea leaves."

Dorian walked in right as he heard the man talking inside the shop. He'd never seen the shop around before but that was a quite a few decades ago. He could smell wolf but he thought that during the day it should be fine "Well i've never been much for divination but if you can point me in the direction of a witch who could track someone for me i'd be ever so grateful" he said over extending a southern accent at the end of his sentence. He looked around the shop and found some interesting things. Some herbs that would nearly impossible to find unless you knew what you were looking for and these wolves had them in abundance. He continued to smile and wave while looking around the store but he knew he could feel their gazes following him as he made his way around waiting for someone to answer his inquiry "Any minute now please, I know i can't compel you but i can get pretty forceful if i have to and i really dont want to have to" He said changing his tone slightly "Also if you could take that hostile glare off me that would be perfect thanks" he started getting a little more casual with his tone again but he really needed answers and who better to supply them than some wolves who sell prime spell ingredients.

Laume Laume Whitewolf787 Whitewolf787

Ellie

Ellie smiled at Jared's greeting. Maybe he thought that she wouldn't show? She listened to him explain where things were in complete control and with great customer service. She smiled again when he pointed her to Native American references.

She heard the man come in to the shop and tried to ignore him, but heard him ask about a witch, and watch him walk around her to look around. She knew almost immediately that he was a vampire. Even if she was unsure his next sentence confirmed it saying he could compel. Like always Ellie made sure her scent was hidden. She schooled her features and kept her face neutral, and her posture relaxed. She could already tell that this was a vampire that was used to getting what he wanted. He seemed impatient and impulsive. She knew he had to be a day walker, or had something that allowed him to walk in the day. A casual glance confirmed he was a ring wearer.

Ellie walked over to a shelf a little away from the vampire looking at books and crystals there. Meanwhile she kept both the vampire and Jared in her sights. If he was going to become ugly she would respond. Her muscles ready to springing to action if needed but outwardly looked perfectly at easy. A trick she had to learn a long time ago. She found that all good hunters and predators had in some way learned to do this.

She glanced at Jared to see if he could tell what this man was.

Jared frowned, but tried to immediately cover it up with a bland customer-service smile at the frankly rude man that had just walked in. "I'm sorry, that's not one of the services we offer." It was too risky. Nobody who worked here wanted a tracking spell or love potion in the hands of some stalker, abusive partner, or obsessive creep. Jared wasn't a fighter, and both his habits and training as an employee taught him to remain polite, no matter how rude or obnoxious a customer was being. He tried gently changing the topic "If you have a spell in mind we have plenty of materials. Or if you'd like to get some kind of divination reading, I specialize in tarot..."

Compel? It was harder to hide the grimace this time. Was this a supernatural threat? He had no idea how to deal with anything like that. "There's no need for that, sir" he said. His voice was still civil, but his eyes must have been glaring. He tried to return his facial expression to calm neutrality. "I'd be happy to help you with anything we offer. But if it's tracking you're after I'd advise you to look elsewhere."

Ellie

Ellie smiled to herself while making sure her features remained neutral. She wanted sure if Jared cought on to the fact the man wasnt human but he did seem to notice something was off. His instincts were decent then. She moved a bit further away from the man and closer to Jared, but still was sure to keep them both in her sights. She picked up a rose quartz crystal that was on display on the shelf, and pretended to study it.

Now it was time to see what the vampire would do. Would he get hostel? Would he shrug and walk out? So she waited still ready for anything that could happen. One thing was for sure, she would not let the vampire hurt Jared or anyone else in this store.

Dorian was not too surprised when the two flared up at his comments. He quickly made his way around the store to the non-supernaturals and compelled them "You'll forget everything you heard me say today. As far as you were concerned i came in looking for something and couldn't find it" he said to each before turning to the two glaring at him. He smirked and chuckled to himself "Sorry to disturb you. I just wanted to check and see if you had what i needed. Turns out you dont. I'm going to look else where" he said putting down the crystal he picked up while waiting for his answer. He started for the door before turning around again "Also the names Dorian Masterson, a pleasure to meet you both" he said smirking as he walked out the door. He headed for the downtown sights of New Orleans and the music and fun that come with the night. As he walked he could smell blood coming from an alley way so he ducked into it and watched what unfolded. He saw a vampire like himself just ripping into a young girl "Hey buddy im not going to tell you how to live your life.....well un-life but you shouldnt be doing that here in an alley" he said as he sped up to the man now holding him against the wall with lightning fast speed. The male vampire struggled to break free of his grip but Dorian just chucked before jamming his hand into the mans chest and removing his heart "Sorry but you chose the wrong option friend" he dropped the man and the mans heart and checked on the woman. She was still alive but barely so he bit his wrist and began to feed her his blood. Within seconds color began to return to her face and then she regained consciousness "Alright, now, you were attacked by a wild animal. You got bit on the neck by it before it ran off. Now go home right now" he said compelling the girl before lifting the mans corpse up and throwing it into a dumpster nearby. He washed off his hand and continued toward his favorite bar. "Tonight is going to be a good night" he said smiling to himself.
Laume Laume Whitewolf787 Whitewolf787
(Sorry its taken so long to reply just been dealing with stuff)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back