• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern ~secrets and lies~ onexone

amplexus

Stars shining bright above you...

Lies. All we do is tell lies. We lie about our names. We lie about our jobs, our lives, our homes, our countries, our hobbies, our families, our friends; we even lie about the nature of ourselves. But our lies are so elaborate, so detailed, that we sometimes lose ourselves in them. It becomes hard to tell when our lies begin and when our truths end.

The only people we don’t lie too, are each other.

Night breezes seem to whisper ‘I love you’...

We live in a time when everybody lies. It’s the 1950s after all; you don’t know whether your neighbour will be a blue-blooded American, or a damned commie. The Russians watch us all the time, but we keep our eyes on them in equal measure. The two of us are eyes watching the Russians.

Bird singing in a sycamore tree...

We’ve been together for years. Partners. Allies. The only other person. Travelling through Europe, and Asia, and Russia, and America, under a multitude of identities and names. Never in one place for too long. With so much time together, we’ve grown an affection for one another.

That affection was secret at first. But some feelings are impossible to hide.

Dream a little dream of me...

Neither one of us have much family. Our wedding was small, spontaneous, romantic. But we didn’t care. Over time, we began to talk about retiring, about leaving our dangerous lifestyle behind, about settling down in the silent suburbs.
Such talk only exists in dreams.

Sweet dreams till sunbeams find you...

You would never lie to me. You should never lie to me. You’re my spouse. You made a vow.

Sweet dreams that leave all worried behind you...

I trust you with my life. You’re the only person I trust.

But in your dreams whatever they be...

Our dreams were shattered, the moment you spoke Russian.

Dream a little dream of me.

(In summary: based in the 1950s, during the Cold War era, two American spies are assigned together as partners. The more time goes by, the two grow to love one another, and they get married. However, everything about their lives is broken when it’s revealed that one is a Russian double agent.)

Some pointers:

-This RP will span a number of years. We can start in the 1950s, and then go all the way into the 60s if you’d like. I would like to begin when the characters first meet, and then jump forward from there.

-Advanced Literate! The explanation above may be short, but I want us to create a whole dynamic/relationship/world in this RP.

-I’m not expecting someone who knows a shit ton about the time period. I don’t know much either.

-Understand that I’m very busy and so won’t be able to reply at every moment of the day.

-Ghost friendly :)

-I’ve been RPing for about 7+ years now, and would prefer to RP with someone with several years of experience as well. I am a little flexible on this point though.

-Please, be 18+. I don’t feel comfortable doing this with someone under 18. No exceptions here.

-Private message me if you’re interested!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back