• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Secret Society of Second-Born Royals

OOC
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here

TinyMochi

Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
It was a normal day in Illyria, since summer vacation was about to begin there are still some students are have been summoned to do summer school. It's either they needed to maintain on keeping up with their grades cause they are flunking or they just miss a test that cost them their grade that there is no way they can do to make it up unless they do summer school.

No one is even looking forward to summer school, who doesn't? Until from what they are about to find out, being royalty is not so different than they thought is going to be.

~*~*~
Elise got her stuffed packed as she was about to be ready on going on a trip. Although, she did just got the news that she is summoned to go to summer school because apparently her grade got screwed over, and was caught cheating on an exam. As she heard the door open, she wasn't thrilled seeing her older brother in the room as he awkwardly walked up to her and gave her a concerned look, "You ready for summer school, sis?" He gave a charming smile. Elise rolled her eyes as she felt disgusted by it.

"Not really..." She brushed past her brother as she wasn't thrilled about it. "I was supposed to be ready for a trip. I had things planned! Now summer school is a thing?" Elise muttered in annoyance that she couldn't believe it. She never had anything against her brother, she followed what her parents told her to do and she did, but she felt like it wasn't much excitement for her. She's a second-born, her brother is already next in line to be crowned for their kingdom and what can she do? Just stand there as a pretty princess.

"If you didn't cheat on that test-" Her brother mumbled but he was quickly cut off by Elise as she was piercing a glare towards him. She didn't want to deal with this.

"I don't even remember cheating!" Elise said as she grabbed a hold of her bag. She walked out of her room and headed over to her limo as Illyria wasn't that far and that was where she was going to be doing her summer program for the whole summer. After the long drive and she arrived, she walked in and spotted that there were some other students there. "Looks like I'm not the only alone at least." She set her stuff down at an empty table and leaned back in her chair waiting for the teacher to come.

Lyrica Josephs "We've taken the liberty of signing you up for summer school. We have concluded that you could reach a higher potential than the mediocre grades you've achieved this year."

Lyrica remembered very clearly the disappointment present in her mother's voice as she gazed at the door to her summer class. The stern look written upon the older redheaded woman's face was what stopped her from turning on her heel and darting out. Her dog sat beside her, loving eyes gazing at her as if to encourage her to face this head-on.

The girl took a deep breath and grabbed the handle, pushing the door open. No going back now. Everyone knew she was here, she couldn't just disappear anymore. This was it.

The Dyar Princess had initially planned to retreat to her family palace for the summer, where she'd hide out with her books and Val, the grey bluenose pitbull that trailed at her heel as if by an invisible leash. Lyrica wasn't one for constant social engagements, and much preferred her animal friend's company over that of another human. But here she was, stuck in school for the summer. As if to punish her for her poor state.

As the redhead sat, silently eyeing the others, Val let out a small whine and dropped to her belly at the Princess' feet. "I suppose so." she muttered softly, patting the dog's head gently.

• Adrian yawned as he stepped off the plane that had just landed, dropping him off in Alaria or Elfabia or whatever else it was called- something vaguely European with way too many vowels. Illyria, he was soon reminded, by the many banners and signs advertising the nation's popular landmarks and tourist attractions. He could hardly believe he was in another country, another continent- he'd never travelled outside of New York, let alone the other side of the globe. The only thing keeping him in the moment was the small token hanging from his backpack, making a satisfying clinking noise as he walked. The only thing he'd gotten from his birth mother before she gave him away, Adrian had it made into a keychain, so he wouldn't ever lose it. He never knew why he clinged onto that thing so desperately. He knew he shouldn't- his mother had given him away, after all- but it still gave him strength, for whatever odd reason. Confidence. Now, as he walked through the strange airport, far from any home he'd ever known, he unclipped the charm from his pack, holding it in his closed palm. The cold metal send a shock through his body, keeping his mind clear and from being distracted from the bright lights and loud noises.

After exchanging his meager savings for Illyrian currency, Adrian bought himself a big mac- What? It was a long flight,- and hailed a taxi outside. After throwing in his bag in the trunk, Adrian slipped into the cab, pulling the wrinkled invitation letter from his pocket and orating the address to the cab driver, a pudgy middle-aged woman with a seemingly sincere smile that spread from ear to ear. "Alrighty, sweetie. Say... are you from around here?" Adrian shook his head, running his finger across the intricate carvings on the token, which he was still gripping onto. "I knew it! Oh, you'll just love it here!" she exclaimed, pulling out of the airport parking lot. "This kingdom has the most amazing views of anywhere in Western Europe. Not even Britain can marvel Illyria. The place you're heading to was originally a nobleman's castle, as well..." The woman jabbered on enthusiastically for the rest of the ride, but Adrian was able to eventually tune her out, laying his head on the cool glass of the taxi window. He smiled as he watched the kingdom fly by- modern skyscrapers intermingled with feudalist architecture, making for an especially interesting cityscape. He imagined himself exploring nooks and alleys, running across rooftops, if only to find the perfect place to view the world below him...

Adrian was startled when, not twenty minutes later, the taxicab driver alerted him that they'd arrived, shocking him out of his daydreaming. Small town, he thought, paying the woman and grabbing his bag. He'd originally expected the academy to be some old, run-down building, and even when the woman told him it was originally a castle, he doubted it would be in good condition. Hell, he originally doubted the school even existed- it wasn't every day that you got a strange invitation to an elitist summer school for 'troubled' kids. But it was apparently legit enough for his caretakers to ship him across the ocean alone. But now, standing in front of the modern-looking façade of the castle, Adrian knew this wasn't just some random school. If the fact that it's in a little-known European country didn't tip you off, dumbass, he thought to himself. Adrian entered the castle, wondering if he was actually in a Hallmark movie as he traversed the massive, winding halls, looking for the room he was instructed to go to. He eventually reached his goal- After, like, twenty minutes,- and pushed open the door, revealing... a pit bull. A cute little guy, panting and wagging his tail. A small smile cracked through Adrian's tough-guy façade- he had a soft spot for dogs, and they seemed to like him, for whatever reason. He reached down and scratched the dog behind the ears, before realizing there were two girls in the room along with him. He probably belongs to one of them, Adrian realized suddenly, jolting his hand back as if he'd been touching a hot stove. "Sorry," he muttered, wiping off his hands on his jeans.

Adrian walked over to one of the empty tables and sat down- not so far up front that he'd seem like a teacher's pet, but not directly in the back so that he'd seem like a 'bad boy'. Though I could pull it off, with the whole 'dark, brooding leather jacket' vibes going on. After a few minutes, he looked around, saying, "So... do you guys know when the other kids will get here? Or the teachers, for that matter? Is this even legal?"

TinyMochi TinyMochi - Elise
    athenii athenii - Lyrica

“Not so sure...” Elise said as she leaned back in her seat glimpsing over at Adrian and Lyrica. “So what brings you guys here in the first place? I was supposed to go traveling this somewhere but apparently I cheated on an exam so now I’m here.” She sighed as she didn’t even know how it happened.

Elise is known for being a hard working girl, but saying that she cheated on a test. It changes everything. As she looked over at the two, they were kind of similar to her. Someone who just doesn’t get along well with her family. “I’m Elise. What about you guys?”

• Adrian raised an eyebrow. She cheated on a test? Sounds very troubled, he thought. Besides, she sounded so sorry that Adrian would've bet all his Illyrian currency that she was some goody two-shoes, teacher's pet, straight-A's kid. Adrian never had a problem with those kids, per say, but damn could they get annoying. She didn't seem like that, though- at least, not yet. "I'm Adrian," he said.

athenii athenii - Lyrica

Last edited:
Leo hurriedly ran into the room"Sorry I'm late I had an argument with my family" He set his stuff down in the back and found a seat. Flopping down he started spraying painting his dex.

• "Well, welcome to the freakshow," Adrian said to the kid who ran in, advertising his mommy issues. At least now I don't need to take the 'bad boy' role. This kid has it covered, he thought, watching as he took out a can of paint and started spraying his desk. The paint dribbled across the smooth surface, refusing to stick. I wonder how he thinks that'll work out. "Besides, you're not late. If anything, you're early. At least, earlier than the teachers."

SugaISAMOOD SugaISAMOOD - Leo
    athenii athenii - Lyrica

"cool I swear I was going to be late. I'm Leo Winters by the way." He takes out a drawing pad and uses that instead

“I’m Elise.” Elise gave a smile towards Leo, “Not sure if this is everyone, but the teacher isn’t even here yet either.” She annoyingly sighed as she laid back in her seat. “I feel when you argued with your family though. Sometimes they just don’t get it.”

"Yeah usually I just help the staff when they need it. I'm barely around my family anymore. Sneak out to paint walls is where you'll find me. I did the school last night"

Ember's stuff was already packed for the summer school by the maids, because her parents wanted to get rid of their disappointment of a daughter.
They purposely messed up Ember's test by preventing her from leaving the hidden room during that day. Not to mention, taking advantage of the summer school was a great idea to remove Ember for a while.

Her brothers knocked on Ember's door, for they wanted to know if she was alright. They had a feeling that their parents were targeting Ember like that Kate situation. But they're not sure whether they were right. "Hey Ember. Are you alright?" said Ellis, who was worried about his big sister. "I am alright, Ellis. Just have to deal with this summer school situation, because I couldn't get out of my room during the test day. The door wouldn't open for some reason." said Ember. She doesn't seem too worried about it, as they don't need to be stuck in the hidden room.
Andrew was with Ellis, and he was angry upon hearing that. "Our parents screwed you over on purpose. I need to tell the academy about this behavior, since I won't accept this manipulation from our parents." said Andrew. He was on Ember's side, since he hated how their parents treated her. "I doubt they would do anything about this, Andrew. It's too late to fix it, so I need to go to summer school to make up for it.” said Ember. "If you say so, but I am still going to stop our parents from trying to do this again." said Andrew. "Thanks, Andrew." said Ember. She was happy to know that her brothers care about her unlike their parents. "For big sister Ember, since she doesn't deserve to miss her test." said Ellis.
The princes left after Ellis had said that, so Ember took her bag for the trip to her summer school. They took a limo for the private airplane, packed her bags in the airplane's storage, and flew to the Illyria kingdom.

Now Ember has never been outside of her kingdom, so she was secretly excited about this. They enjoyed their long trip to the Illyria kingdom, because they were eating delicious food and watching movies. Upon arriving at the Illyria kingdom, they got her bags out of the airplane's storage. Ember then picked up a taxi when she received her luggage, and went to the academy after showing the taxi driver the address on the invitation.

“Not bad.” Elise said as she noticed Ember arriving. “Looks like we got another student. Geez just how many of us flunked summer school?” She folded her arms as she leaned herself on the table noticing more students just kept coming in.

It didn’t take long for the teacher to come in. “Not everyone is here yet.” The teacher interrupted as he gave a friendly smile while entering the room, “We got a lot more coming! For now it’s just you guys.”

“Took you long enough.” Elise said as she didn’t know why the teacher was taking this long. Although she did felt a bit bothered on how the teacher was looking at them felt a bit creepy with his friendly smile. “Just how many more?”

“Not as much!” The teacher said, “Sometimes we just have those late comers. That’s pretty normal though!” He casually gave a shrug.

• Adrian let out a small scoff when some of the other kids started talking about how their parents just 'didn't get it'. I wish I even had someone to 'not get it', he thought. The closest thing he'd ever had to parents were Marissa and Samuel, and even they were taken away from him. Even now, Adrian swept his thumb across the embosses design on the token he'd kept for so many years. He had no idea why his parents found it so important to give it away with him, but whatever the reason, he'd felt the need to keep it all those years. I wonder what they would've been like? Would they've been strict, or more free-range? Would they've cared about my grades, or let me play a sport? What about... the hallucinations came to mind so suddenly Adrian was caught off guard. Would they've helped me with them? A scene flashed through Adrian's mind, one featuring him, with a mother and a father, maybe even an older sibling. It was so nice, so... happy. Maybe they had no choice but to give me away, he thought, feeling a pang of longing in his chest. He pushed the feeling away, though, returning the charm to his backpack. It's best not to think about it.

A few minutes later, a person who seemed to be their teacher entered, saying that there were still students on their way. Adrian groaned. "How long could it possibly take to get here? The whole country is like, fifteen miles across," he said. "What are we even gonna be doing here? Are you the only teacher?"

athenii athenii - Lyrica
SugaISAMOOD SugaISAMOOD - Leo
Blackrose7 Blackrose7 - Ember

He continues to paint on his art pad. He sighs at the arrival of the teacher. "When are we able to go home?" He asks the teacher wanting to leave soon as possible . He finishes his painting of his home.

“When summer is over.” The teacher grinned, “But that’s because you guys are going to be doing a lot of training.” He tapped on his pad as the wall behind him start to change.

Elise squinted at the sign, “Secret society of second born royals?” Elise read out while looking at the teacher confused, “I feel like this is some kind of prank.”

“Now why would it be a prank? You guys all think you got chosen to actually do summer school?” The teacher noticed how the students looked stunned and confused, “Wow, tough crowd.”

He looks at the teacher confused. "Yes since I'm bad boy at this school. I'm the one who spray ed painted the school last night." He puts away his art.

“Wow way to put yourself out there.” Elise sarcastically said as she did wondered why the teacher was trying so hard, “Listen this isn’t going to happen whatever you’re pulling. No one wants to be here for summer school.” She shrugged as she felt like she had better things to do.

“Well thats why there are better things to do.” The teacher said as he pressed something on his tablet. “Each of you guys are chosen because you’re second born royals, which means you guys also inherit a super power. The teacher explained.

Elise sat there even more confused that she didn’t know what else to say. “Yup. This is definitely a prank.” She nodded while leaning back in her seat.

Ember went to where the other students were upon arriving at the academy, and just quietly watched the situation. They didn't talk to the others, since she was more focused on fixing the failed test problem she has. 'Was everybody waiting around here for a while? I should probably apologize about that if that is the case.' thought Ember. She had no intention of being late on their first day of summer school. But the trip to Illyria took her a while to arrive, because the Phonurith kingdom is in China.
As she was going to apologize for being late, the teacher then got weird after they answered the question, because they mentioned training for some reason. They also tapped the pad, and the wall behind them started to change. It definitely confused Ember, since they didn't expect any of this to happen.
After that, one of the women in the group said that nobody wanted to be here for summer school. This caused confusion for Ember, as she is one of the people, who is not concerned about the summer school. In fact, going to summer school is better than being stuck in a boring hidden room.
"...I don't mind being here for summer school. It is better than being in my kingdom." said Ember, who wasn't too close to the others. She did that, because of how dangerous her fire manipulation is. The teacher told them that, because they are a second born royal. They have inherited a super-power. The super-power part didn't surprise Ember, but she was surprised that there are other royals, who have powers. "Well, that's interesting to know, and I don't think they are pranking us." said Ember. They know that this isn't a prank, because the fire appears around her for some reason.
Interaction: TinyMochi TinyMochi
Mentioned: SugaISAMOOD SugaISAMOOD

Things starts floating in the room around him. “Not this again. Please don’t hate me.” Saying it in a scared/ about to cry voice. His cowards in a nearby corner.The things continues to float in the air.

Elise couldn't help but glanced over since the teacher wasn't kidding about how the second-royals could possibly have powers. "How do you know if we have powers though?" She leaned back in her seat while folding her arms looking at the teacher.

"I mean some of them figured it out." The teacher pointed at the students as they notice something was wrong with their powers. "I'm surprised you didn't notice it as well." He said as he notices a plant was growing again because Elise was close by. Elise gave a confused look until she gazed over at the plant next to her moving a bit. She was confused at first, but she thought it was normal since plants always looked that way around her. "Alright, guys! Save it for training. You guys gotta do a test to see how well your powers work, or can even figure out what your power is."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back