• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern secret society in metaline falls -- dark cult rp

doedeer

— the metaline falls cult
a dark cult rp
01. basis.

In 1994 Metaline Falls, Washington is only a small colony of people--about 200 to be exact. These people live far away from contact with other cities, but not because they can't. They simply don't feel the need to interact with people outside of their small world of understanding. Their leader, is a god-fearing man by the name John Jones. Under him and his ability to contact God, the people of this town follow every order and live life out in secrecy from the rest of the country. He regards everyone as God's chosen people and that he is a vessel to rescue these people who listen to him and grant them eternal life in heaven.

However, a small group of young teenagers have formed a secret society within the boarders of the colony. In these late night meetings, they are free to speak in ways that are forbidden during their time at school and in work. As secrets become revealed overtime, the kids are forced to make important decisions--some irreversible.

This is currently a wip! just trying to garner interest atm. Ive made this rp to help me write a novel I had an idea for and just because I felt it would be an interesting storyline to rp! Also, its roughly based around the cult culture of the 70-90's--specifically the Jonestown massacre, with elements of themes of the dead poets society as you can tell..
Basically, the teenagers will be getting into deep talks about the whole colony and what life could be like outside of the small town, but initially more about their own thoughts that are not shared during the daytime. Most will be apprehensive at first, but overtime they'll be discovering a lot about the leader (roleplayed by myself) and an outsider will join the group that stirs a lot of commotion within the secret society. I'm being vague about plots at the moment since this is a work in progress, but hopefully this is intriguing :]

61a37fa42cb79d1f77ea08865089062d.jpg

the school and dormitory
f62b94aaec937c53e2061ca1e2daad3c.jpg
voya64132-bw.jpeg
houses
1-bordercrossing.jpg

the secret society meeting spot
images
8deeb225c5b4bf9ca3c89bfd49c75577.jpg

the house of John jones
202214870_0_IZ3yUE_p.jpeg
at the age of 10, every child will live separately by gender and are ordered to study their religiously centered-curriculum, learn ettiequte and how to behave, and also do work for the colony.
cold attire:
cbda0cbcbe2fce388de8b550f6a9d36d.jpg
6d91119a47d3b7aa9e94274a9e1f1d1e.gif
ca9bece1efc0013e28a79fde88b296cb.jpg

warm attire:
d5e217a1560ec56a7cd51f74c629a7d8.jpg
5d9983d23d86b553960dc1e22a4f32e6.jpg

boys work attire:
07f33048bc27c3b9f9695c53fb97b830.jpg
02. rules.
RULES 01.

1. Good-level of literacy is appreciated. The quality of the writing is more important than the quantity of posts. However, I personally don't categorize myself as some amazing writer so don't be worried about that too much. Just care about the rp and put effort and passion into how you're replying and you'll be good :]

2. This rp will have mature themes so I would much rather everyone here be at least 17+.

3. No boring or overpowered characters. Also keep in mind that in a cult setting, while characters can be intelligent, these people have been fed with lies and manipulation tactics for a long period of time.

4. 2 main characters max per user unless we've talked about it in pms.

5. Must use real face claims.

03. roles.

!! note !! these are all generalizations of character personas, I am not very good with describing characters personalities so don't take them at face value--they're just general ideas of characters. also I would like to take one of the girls, but want to give other's a chance as well.
girls::
age (13-15), has a big imagination and spends her days daydreaming about her higher purposes in life. often gets sad thinking of her life to be just another mother or worker in the colony and is the most curious about what life is like outside of the small town. an over-thinker. cares deeply for her friends. is more fixated on the what-could-be's of life.
age (12-14), has a rather childish and happy-go-lucky air to her. the town's darling. a bit clueless and ditzy, but means well. easily manipulated and thinks the world of the leader of the town. even so, she attends the secret society more as more of a hang out with her friends although she's easily spooked by the dark and bending the rules.
age (13-15), a very shy and quiet persona, yet very inquisitive. has had a troubled past and is the gloomiest out of the girls. feels as though she is trapped and that the world she lives in is very bleak. regarding her friends, she is very loyal, but often is a recluse. although, spending her nights meeting with the others is better than in her dormitory cot alone.
age (14-16), an outgoing and free-spirited girl. although, more of a flirt and distracted by her desires to indulge in the forbidden things she is warned not to be involved in. hates the divide of boys and girls in the town and dislikes the uptightness forced upon the girls in school.
(age 13-15), a girl obsessed with love and everything that entails with it. equally dislikes the divide of boys and girls like the deviant. constantly has a crush, but is rather shy about it mostly only confiding in her closest friends about it. doesn't think the trope of the girls being trained to be wives and mothers someday to be that bad.
(age 13-16), a rule abider and a bit of a goody-two-shoes, except for the secret society. extremely intelligent, but equally scared and apprehensive about the society due to her dislike of going against their leader. very hard to get to know, puts up walls of her own especially around any of the boys. is torn by her own curiosity and will to follow the rules, but can't help but want to know as much as she can about the world.
(age 14-16), very easy-going and lovable persona. always looking out for friends and considered by the girls as the mom friend. naturally excels at most things, but an over-thinker and constantly worries about her friends safety and the morality behind the secret society.

boys::
(age 13-16), a very good childhood friend of the daydreamer. a very respectable person and always strives to do his best for the colony. naturally excels at his tasks and studies and abides by the rules as much as possible. however, is very curious about the world and attends the secret society to be able to voice his concerns. this is a conflict of interest since his family is very close with the leader. has a natural instinct to protect, especially the daydreamer maybe for his own selfish reasons...
(age 13-16), a quiet kid. mostly for this, when he speaks everyone listens. he's pretty skeptical of the practices of the town and although he refuses to talk much during the day--during the secret society meetings he puts his conspiracies out there. hates the authority and secretly thinks the leader is a bigot and a fraud, but carefully words this because he doesn't want to get in trouble. sort of an emo-punky persona.
(age 12-15), a fun-loving kid. always trying to lighten the mood and make everyone around him feel better. gets in light trouble in school for being too distracting during class and work. a great friend, sort of golden-retriever type boy.
(age 13-16), the voice of reason within the group. is, of course curious like the others, but reminds them of consequences and tries to talk sensibility into everyone. is a favorite of the leader even to the point of the leader saying he could very well be a leader someday, "if God needed him to be"--basically the unofficial adopted son of the leader. also heavily questions the morality behind the secret society. an over thinker.
(age 12-15), a boy who's very timid and anxious. he tries his best to go through the day with his head down and keep out of the attention of others. is confused about his gender and sexuality, but due to the heavily strict teachings on men's place in the world according to their leaders description of "God"--he's extremely apprehensive of expressing his curiosities especially around the other boys. gets more along with the girls naturally.
(age 13-16), always getting into light trouble in class for disturbance or not wearing his uniform as neatly, etc. and like the deviant, loves to attend the secret society to indulge in bad habits and be able to speak freely about his thoughts.
(age 14-16), a boy living in the woods with his father. makes an appearance to the group on one of their meetings and turns their entire world upside down...

04. character sheet.

Faceclaim:
First Name & Last Name:
Age (12-16):
Personality:
Background:
Strengths:
Weaknesses:
Family Members:

code by @leviathan.

welcome~ just garnering interest atm. if you have any questions or would like to reserve a character go for it!

if you want to finish a character sheet to secure your spot in the rp, please pm me the character sheet first and when I approve then you can post it in this thread :] thank you~

I'm trying to work on my roleplaying a little bit. I'm not total buns when it come to writing just would take me a little longer to put my full effort in to my post, but I am very interested.

Last edited:
interested! would love to play the mediator or the lost dove!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back