• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Secret Magics -~- medieval/fantasy roleplay

Hello! This is my first roleplay on this site so I apologize if it's not very good ^^' Anyway, onto the plot.

The land of Phaelupias has always been peaceful. Divided into only three countries, Astil, Caplen and Lostana, they were without war for many years. This changed when only a matter of weeks ago a declaration of war was sent to each country - from a different land. The land was Xaephor, a neighboring continent ruled as a whole, under the name of The Xaephor Union. Though a fairly sophisticated society, they were boastful and always believed they were right, leading them to believe they would be able to rule any country better than others.
Calling an immediate meeting at the high castle - the castle from the kingdom that originally ruled all of Phaelupias, the kings and queens of all three countries got together to work out a plan. It back fired, however, when that very same day The Xaephor Union attacked.
Somehow knowing of the gathering taking place, they bypassed all other towns and went for the high castle first, successfully managing to kidnap all of the rulers. Also currently residing in the castle, though, were the princes and princesses of all three kingdoms. Already knowing of the impending invasion, they fled into the forest at the first sign of danger, hiding nearby until they had to leave.
Suspecting their own kingdoms were under similar attacks, the children decided to put all their faith in a legend they heard. The legend told of a hidden community within the far corner of Phaelupias, the one farthest from any castle. Though this wasn't unheard of in itself, the far-fetched part was that this community practiced magic.
Magic had been outlawed in Phaelupias for centuries now, due to the fact that not all could perform it and it made everyday life unfair from one person to the next. Rumors did tell that most of the Xaephorian people knew magic, though, making them even more feared.
With nowhere else to go, the children followed their hopes across the continent in search of the magic-users, hoping to learn and stand a fighting chance. For even if they couldn't learn, it was the only place left hidden.

Summed Up -
This roleplay follows the princes and princesses as they meet at the castle, flee the next night, and eventually learn magic after making the journey to the far corner of their land.

Rules -
No spamming
No cussing
Keep it PG-13 or under
Only about half the characters will be able to learn magic in the end, don't complain if yours can't.
Don't make your characters OP or take the spotlight.
Be nice oorp.
Don't go more than two pages or make anything dramatic happen when I'm not on.
Use () or something similar when talking OOC.
Have Fun!

Joining -
Please fill out this exact form. If you can't C/P it, just try to recreate it as best you can ^^
Name -~-
|| Physical description and short personality description. Include what they are wearing when they flee the castle. ||
| Gender ~ Age ~ Position ~ Screenname |

Characters -

Astil ~

Eldest Prince -
Xavior Andraganos Astil -~-
|| A tall, well built man for his age, Xavior stands at a height of 6 feet 11 inches, with soft and thick black hair. His brown eyes usually seem to be soft and kind, yet hide the knowledge and the drive to protect those he cares about, at any cost. He tends to be silent, only talking when spoken to, or when it is needed. Over the years, he's gotten good at hiding his ambition, and focuses solely on helping raise his younger siblings. During the flight from the castle, he was wearing his best clothes, a three piece black swallow-tail suit, with a white dress shirt underneath. ||
| Male ~ 19 ~ ZeiruliousMakavar |

Eldest Princess -
18 years of age/open

Second Princess -
Cailyn Astil -~-
|| A short, and petite woman with long, dark red hair and green eyes. She stands at 5 feet 6 inches. Much like her older brother, her eyes usually portray the kindness and compassion she has become known for with in her families kingdom. Unlike him however, she finds it difficult to hold back her emotions, and tends to be more expressive then need be, much to the chargrin of her handmaidens. Durring the flight from the castle, she was wearing a long flowing grey dress, and matching boots. ||
| Female ~ 17 ~ ZeiruliousMakavar |

Second Prince -
16 years of age/open

Third Prince -
13 years of age/open

Third Princess -
10 years of age/open

The Triplets -
Two princes and one princess, 6 years of age/all open

Sixth Prince -
3 years of age/open

Youngest Princess -
2 years of age/open

Youngest Prince -
4 months of age/open

Other Astilians -
open

Caplen ~

Eldest Prince -
18 years of age/open

First and Second Princess -
Twins, 13 years of age/one open

Esma Caplen -~-
|| Esma is a thin, tall girl standing at 5'4" in height. She has straight, golden-blond hair that almost reaches to the small of her back, with dark blue eyes and fair skin. Though she may look like to vision of a princess, Esma is rarely courteous or self-controlled, usually being more curious and wanting to take risking. She is somewhat solitary and not very trusting to people she doesn't know long, sometimes leading to lies. She wears a frilly, dark red gown made of a silk-like material and lace, with thin straps and a skirt that starts out quite narrow at the waist but gradually widens to a casual skirt length at her feet. She also wears short, copper-colored boots.||

| Female ~ 13 ~ Dizzydragonfly |

Third and Fourth Princess -
Twins, 10 years of age/both open

Second Prince -
8 years of age/open

Fifth and Sixth Princess -
Twins, 6 years of age/both open

Youngest Prince -
5 years of age/open

Youngest Princess -
4 years of age/open

Other Caplish -
Open

Lostana ~

Eldest Princess -
17 - 20 years of age/open

Youngest Princess -

Flaviana Lostana -~-
|| Flaviana, usually referred to as Viana (pronounced like Vyna) or Vi unformally, has curly dark brown hair that reaches just past her shoulders, with dark brown eyes and tan skin. She stands at almost 5'7" in height. Not very ambitious, Viana is generally very self-controlled and courteous. Though shy, she is also very trusting and curious. She wears a dark purple gown with a poofy skirt, gathered waist and elbow-length flared sleeves, with an aqua and magenta beaded pattern on the chest and hem of skirt. She also wears purple knee-high boots mostly hidden under her dress.||
| Female ~ 16 years old ~ Dizzydragonfly |

Other Lostanans -
Open

Hidden Town's People -
Closed for now

More info will be added later ^^

Last edited:
Well this certainly looks interesting... Do you have an OOC thread and Character Sheet Thread started up yet? As I would be interested in participating.

(You can just post your character forms on here and I'll add them to the front page ^^ I still haven't gotten used to this site so this roleplay might be a bit different ^^')

Very well then, though if the OOC chatter gets out of hand, would you permit me in making an OOC thread? (When and if it gets out of hand?)

On that note, here are two of the three characters I have in mind on playing. The third, being outside the prince/princess, I'll be taking to PMs, as It requires certain... permissions from you.
Both of these characters are for Astil, please and thankyou.

Xavior Andraganos Astil
|| A tall, well built man for his age, Xavior stands at a height of 6 feet 11 inches, with soft and thick black hair. His brown eyes usually seem to be soft and kind, yet hide the knowledge and the drive to protect those he cares about, at any cost. He tends to be silent, only talking when spoken to, or when it is needed. Over the years, he's gotten good at hiding his ambition, and focuses solely on helping raise his younger siblings. During the flight from the castle, he was wearing his best clothes, a three piece black swallow-tail suit, with a white dress shirt underneath. ||
| Male ~ 19 ~ Eldest Prince ~ ZeiruliousMakavar |

Cailyn Astil
|| A short, and petite woman with long, dark red hair and green eyes. She stands at 5 feet 6 inches. Much like her older brother, her eyes usually portray the kindness and compassion she has become known for with in her families kingdom. Unlike him however, she finds it difficult to hold back her emotions, and tends to be more expressive then need be, much to the chargrin of her handmaidens. Durring the flight from the castle, she was wearing a long flowing grey dress, and matching boots. ||
| Female ~ 17 ~ Second Princess ~ ZeiruliousMakavar |

(Of course ^^ If people start having full discussions on here without posting in character, one of us can make a different thread.
What position will the other character be? I forgot to add to the front post that characters can also be servents who escaped with them and (later) people in the magic community, but I'll pretty much allow anyone as long as it doesn't change the plot (like having someone of high authority with them, since they would probably end up in control.) Both of your other characters look good though ^^)

(Of course ^^ If people start having full discussions on here without posting in character, one of us can make a different thread.
What position will the other character be? I forgot to add to the front post that characters can also be servents who escaped with them and (later) people in the magic community, but I'll pretty much allow anyone as long as it doesn't change the plot (like having someone of high authority with them, since they would probably end up in control.) Both of your other characters look good though ^^)

They'll be someone they meet in their travels to the village, I don't plan on them being a permanent member of the cast, but will play a role early on, hence why I wish to take it to PMs, for the very reason you mentioned. It's your RP, and I'd rather not make characters that may change the story you're going for.

(It's fine if you want to RP them here ^^ It would add dimension to the story since they're likely to meet a lot of people.
I'll probably even add in a few characters who talk to them or even journey with them for awhile.)

Fine by me then. I'll make them then, but only a bit before they'll run into them.
So, I take it we'll be waiting for more people to make characters then?

(Yeah, I'll wait for one more person to join and then we can roleplay the day before the attack when they meet and stuff, until we have the rest of them.)

That may take a while, as most people shy away from RPs started by new people. No offense to you, but that simply is just what people do. Don't get me wrong though, this RP has tons of potential.

In the mean time, care for doing a 1x1 RP while we wait, to help get you acclimated to the site?

(Ah well, I guess it's to be assumed.
And sure, do you want to start having our characters get to know each other or try something else?)

(Ah well, I guess it's to be assumed.
And sure, do you want to start having our characters get to know each other or try something else?)

I'll leave that up to you. Personally, I wouldn't mind starting this RP as soon as we can, but if you prefer waiting, then perhaps we could do a 1x1 set in the same world?

After leaving her bags in the room she shared with her sister, Flaviana slipped back out into the hallway and made her way back to the main staircase. As she descended into the grand foyer, her heeled shoes clicking on the polished wood, a small pang of anxiety hit her and began to grow. She'd only met the other princes and princesses a few times, and had never talked to most of them and wasn't sure if she was ready to. The kings and queens were a bit less concerning, for if what she'd seen with the Lostanan royals, it would be quick introductions before they joined her own parents in the grand meeting room on the third floor.
Regretting her decision to leave the bedroom, she promptly turned back to the staircase, before thinking better of it and heading down the hallway to where she had seen one of the staff staircases earlier.

Esma sat on her bed in the room she'd share with her twin sister, looking across the pictures on the wall. The castle was much different from the one her family lived in, which was made almost completely of wood while this one seemed to be stone with wood details. Jumping back to the floor, she crossed the room to the bookshelf, running her hand along the unfamiliar titles. She didn't know how long they'd be staying here, but she was sure she'd end up reading at least one of those.
Growing bored of the single room, she slipped back on her light gray boots and left the room, heading slowly down the hallway in search of a curious room to explore in.

Xavior sighed softly as he sat at the desk the inside his room. Before him, was an unlit candle to be used for when it grew dark in the room, either by nightfall or storm. As well as several parchments filled will all manner of information of both his own kingdom, and any info his father's agents had gathered on the other kingdoms. As much as his father, and the other kings wanted the peace to last long enough for them to push the invaders away, Xavior had a feeling that the only reason the talks were happening, as because of the invasion. "You need to eat something brother." His younger sister, Cailyn spoke, as she munched on a dried piece of pork. "You've been at that for hours now, since before we even arrived here even."

"That may be so sister, but..." He began, turning to look at her after an hour of her pestering. "This needs to be done, someone has to memorize the state of things, and that role falls to me, the crown heir." He said, sighing as Cailyn pouted like a child. "Alright fine, go grab me an apple from the stores. I'm sure they've brought plenty here." He said, giving in, as Cailyn happily left the room.

After leaving her bags in the room she shared with her sister, Flaviana slipped back out into the hallway and made her way back to the main staircase. As she descended into the grand foyer, her heeled shoes clicking on the polished wood, a small pang of anxiety hit her and began to grow. She'd only met the other princes and princesses a few times, and had never talked to most of them and wasn't sure if she was ready to. The kings and queens were a bit less concerning, for if what she'd seen with the Lostanan royals, it would be quick introductions before they joined her own parents in the grand meeting room on the third floor.
Regretting her decision to leave the bedroom, she promptly turned back to the staircase, before thinking better of it and heading down the hallway to where she had seen one of the staff staircases earlier.

Esma sat on her bed in the room she'd share with her twin sister, looking across the pictures on the wall. The castle was much different from the one her family lived in, which was made almost completely of wood while this one seemed to be stone with wood details. Jumping back to the floor, she crossed the room to the bookshelf, running her hand along the unfamiliar titles. She didn't know how long they'd be staying here, but she was sure she'd end up reading at least one of those.
Growing bored of the single room, she slipped back on her light gray boots and left the room, heading slowly down the hallway in search of a curious room to explore in.

(Everything Alright there?)

(Oh, sorry! I was busy with a roleplay I have on another site and forgot to check back here ^^' I'll try to have a reply up later today!)

(So sorry again! I was busy volunteering all weekend.)

Flaviana made her way up the back staircase, pausing briefly to remember which way her room was. Deciding on a direction, she turned down the hallway and headed back to where she presumed her room to be.

Finding her way to the second staff staircase, Esma headed down it and slipped into the kitchen. The part the way in was empty at the moment, but she could smell the dinner already cooking in the large ovens so quickly hurried out so as not the get in trouble.
Now out in one of the hallways off the entrance hall, she glanced around before heading down the hall further, towards where she assumed the studies to be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back