• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Secret Abyss

Tales

Plot: Welcome to Moonlit Springs! It's a quiet little town that's surrounded by woods for as long as the eye can see. You've either lived here your whole life or are a newcomer to the small little town off most maps. Everything seems normal there. The people are nice and friendly as you'd expect... Until one day something happens. A dead body is found, people are going missing. It's your job to figure out what's causing all this to happen. Or if you wish, one of the killers. The choices are yours. And yours alone. Pick wisely now. Whichever your choice made lead to your untimely end.... There's something bigger going on in the woods too... But what could it be? It's your job to find out. Or to keep others from finding what's hidden deep within the forest of the quiet little town in the middle of nowhere.

1. No Godmod. I can’t stress is enough. I hate it when people do this. It takes the fun out of the roleplay and I will not stand for it. You Godmod, you will be blocked. If you don’t know what Godmodding is, this is what it is: Godmodding is taking control of another player’s character during roleplay. It’s frowned upon and with good reason: you only control your character and no one else’s. Small things are okay, like grabbing of the hands and dragging my character(s) off somewhere or kissing/hugging them, but nothing big, please.

2. No power-play. Same with Godmodding. I hate this as well. You do this, you’ll be blocked as well. If you don’t know what it means, here you go: Powerplay the act of using knowledge and or information against someone else in order to gain advantage in an intense situation. Or the exertion of control of another player’s character.

3. I control my muse(s), you control yours. This means I control Tatoru or whoever I play and you control your characters. Easy as that. Though I suppose that follows rules one and two… But still. Let’s just control our own characters, okay? It’s not really all that hard. Also don’t meta-play. Meta-play is when your character already knows mine or everything about them without us having even interacted or RPed yet. I will allow you to take control of characters of mine if you wish, but you must ask me first.

4. Please be nice and kind. Don’t hate or bash. You do, you be blocked. Surely guys. Treat others the way you want to be treated, okay? It's not really all that hard....

5. Don’t hound me or anyone else about replies. I, like everyone else, get busy or they bet buried while I’m away from my computer. A reminder is okay, but don’t give me one every five minutes. If you do this, then you will be given a warning. Get three of them, and you're out of the RP.

6. NSFW is allowed. Things such as blood, gore, and violent things are allowed as well. In fact, I encourage you to go and do that stuff with me! And remember, NSFW doesn’t just mean sexual-themed things. Be as dark, bloody, gorey, or whatever as you want. I’m totally fine with that! The actual sexual-themed parts of NSFW will not be done in this RP at all.

7. You don’t need to match my style, format, or length in terms of replies. So long as you give me something to work with, then we’re good. I don’t judge everyone that doesn’t format their posts or make them look all fancy. We’re here to RP and have fun after all! Do whatever you feel the need to do on your blog, okay? So long as you have fun and enjoy yourselves.

8. I would be grateful if you used proper grammar and spelling in your replies. I understand if English isn’t your first speech and I’ll help you out if you need it. Though I’m far from perfect myself. A few misspelling here or there is fine, but please don’t make it to where I can’t read it or understand what you’re trying to say. And please no one-liners. Be as long and detailed as you can in your replies!

9. If you’ve read the rules, please put "All Hail Akuma" in the OOC chat.

Character Sheet: https://www.rpnation.com/threads/secret-abyss-characters.324179/

OOC Chat: https://www.rpnation.com/threads/secret-abyss-ooc-chat.324178/

Dustin walked out of his cabin, having decided to head into town for once. The heavy, dark, and worrisome bags under his eyes showed just how sleepless he has been recently, especially considering the steady stream of nightmares involving those nights. He shuddered at the thought before shuffling his feet into town, grass green jacket hanging loosely around his torso. He gazed around, yawning for a brief moment before he continued his trek into Moonlit Springs. He stuffed his hands into his pockets, hiding a blade in his pocket, should whoever took his parents tried to take him too. His blue-gray eyes showed hatred and anger for the one(s) that took his mother and father. He also fashioned a short sword of sorts using a metal pole, a stick for the guard, as well as cloth around the grip to protect his hand. With what happened to him, he could ᴛʀᴜsᴛ ɴᴏ ᴏɴᴇ after what had happened to him and his family so long ago...

(I see the Gravity Falls reference in that post of yours Day. XD)

A dark purple cat slung a navy colored backpack over her shoulder. She tugged at her reddish-orange sweater as she glanced up with her dark blood colored eyes. Without a word to anyone, the feline began to head out of the room she was currently in. It was time to leave and thank Felious for that too. It was about damn time that she got the hell out of this place.

How long had it been since she had seen her friends? Her family even? She had lost track of the days that she had been stuck in this prison. But it didn’t matter now. She was going home after what felt like years since she had last been here. That was all she cared about at the moment.

“Rua?”

The feline stopped in her tracks, turning her gaze to the owner of the voice. Standing in front of her was another cat. This one had dark blue-gray fur with green eyes. She was dressed in a dark green shirt and blue jean pants. She was taller than the younger cat, almost looming over the young teenager.

“Yes, Doctor Gem?”

“Take care of yourself, Rua. I hope the next time I see you, it’ll be for better reasons than before.”

“…I’ll try. See you later.”

“Goodbye dear.”

“Goodbye, Doctor Gem.”

Rua walked past the older feline, trying not to run out of the building. She swallowed as she shook her head and pushed open the door once she reached the front doors. She saw the bus waiting for her that was going to take her back home. She climbed onto it without speaking a word to anyone. She found an open sit in the back and plopped down on it, staring out the window as the bus took off.

The world was dark. There was hardly any light to be seen aside from what was given by the half moon that stood out against the black sky like a giant light bulb. A lone figure was walking down the sidewalk of what appeared to be a small town or city. It was too dark to tell really.

From what could be seen, it appeared as though the one walking was a rabbit or a hare. The large ears seemed like it was one of the two. A small tone could be heard from the critter as they hummed a song to themselves quietly. The rabbit stopped and glanced behind themselves after a moment before they turned around and continued on their way.

Not even a second later, another shadowy figure moved by the street light the bunny was just under. Was this new creature stalking the other? Why? And why did the one following the rabbit-like creature move in a way that was non-human? It almost seemed like it was a ghost or some other worldly being.

Every time the rabbit would look behind them, the figure trailing them would be gone. Seeing no one, they would turn back around and continue walking, most likely heading towards their house. The ghostly being would appear once more and continue to follow their target.

It wasn’t until the rabbit was almost home that they were grabbed by their stalker. The bunny kicked, trying to escape the grip the other had on them, but it was useless in the end. It wasn’t long before the captive went limp in the arms of their stalker. Dead or alive, it was unclear. Whichever the other was, the spirit-like being scooped up the now motionless body, and carried them away into the darkness.

Dark blood red eyes opened with a start as the screeching of tires filled her ears. Rua set up in her seat, rubbing at her eyes with a paw. What in the world was that? Some sort of dream? A dream about someone being kidnapped? What the hell was all that about? All that seemed too real to just be a mere dream. Too livid to not be real. ...But it couldn't have been true, could it? It was just her mind wandering off into something dark. Nothing more, nothing less, right? She hoped so at least. Before she could try to figure that out any further, a voice spoke up, cutting into her thoughts.

“Hey, kid.”

The dark purple cat turned her gaze to the bus driver. The deer was looking back at her with the mirror. He didn’t look too pleased either. Her ear twitched behind her before she spoke to the much older being behind the wheel.

“…Yes?”

“We’re at your stop. Get off the bus.”

“Right… Sorry, I guess...”

Rua grabbed her bag and quickly hurried off the bus. As soon as she stepped off it, the doors slammed shut behind her and it drove away, leaving her alone in front of the bus station. Her right ear twitched as she looked around, seeing a sign that read: Welcome to Moonlit Springs. With a small sigh, ears drooping just a bit, she spoke four little words to herself.

“Welcome back home, Rua.”

Lavender hadn't been able to sleep that night. She supposed it had to do something with the drugs she had bought recently, affecting her sleep schedule and whatnot. Currently, she was wide awake. In 30 minutes, she will probably be passed out and not wake up for several hours.

It was quite the hassle, really.

Lavender took another drag from her cigarette, slowly exhaling the smoke and watching it dissipate into the cool morning air. She was currently sitting on her roof, the stars fading to reveal a less than brilliant sunrise. It was the same one she had seen for 17 years, so she had pretty much gotten used to it. Normally, no sane person was up this early, but you never knew with this town.

She took another drag and watched the town wake up.

Rua began her trek back home, leaving the silent bus station behind her. it was quiet out since not a lot of people were normally up this late into the morning. Or was it early? Who really knew. Who gave a shit really. The dark purple feline was sort of thankful for the quietness of the little town she had gotten to know over the years of her life before she had to leave it for reasons only she and the townsfolk knew of. But regardless, it gave her time to think more about that odd dream she had on the bus ride back to Moonlit Springs. It seemed too vivid to be a dream. Much too real to not. But it couldn't have been true, right? It was just a silly dream and nothing more.

She glanced up at the sky to see the night was fading now and was slowly turning into the first sights of a new day. She rubbed an eye with a paw, not even realizing how tired she really was. She would most likely be sleeping most, if not all, of the day away once she finally returned home.

One her way back to her little house, her dark blood red eyes caught sight of a lone figure on top of the roof of a house. She turned her gaze towards it, squinting her eyes to try to make out who it was in the weak light of the morning that loomed over the two females. Was that Lavender? She was only a year older than her and she saw her around back before she had left. Were the two of them, friends, like she was with Domino? Her tired and still in shock mind, couldn't really recall at the moment. Regardless, she offered a small wave of a paw and called up to the lizard on the roof of her home.

"Hey."

She supposed there was one person insane enough to be out this early. None other than Rua, who had left a couple years ago.

"Look at that. The cat's back from the dead." she called, snuffing her cigarette and lazily making her way over to the figure. She hopped off the roof, landing with a nearly silent thud. She approached Rua, yawning and stretching. "Personally," she said mockingly, tapping Rua's nose with her finger, "I wish you stayed there."

Tales Tales

She supposed there was one person insane enough to be out this early. None other than Rua, who had left a couple years ago.

"Look at that. The cat's back from the dead." she called, snuffing her cigarette and lazily making her way over to the figure. She hopped off the roof, landing with a nearly silent thud. She approached Rua, yawning and stretching. "Personally," she said mockingly, tapping Rua's nose with her finger, "I wish you stayed there."

Tales Tales

The younger female gave a small snort as she was tapped on the nose by the lizard. Her ear gave a small twitch and her tail flicked behind her at the small joke about her coming back from the dead. It had been awhile since she was last in Moonlit Springs. A good six or seven years. If she remembered right. She lost track of how long she'd been gone. She knew it was for awhile.

"You can blame my parents for making me leave," she commented, "They forced me to, you know. But it's good to see you again. How you been since I left?"

Last edited:
Lavender snorted at Rua's question. "It's Moonlit Springs. What do you thing?" Her clothes smelled faintly of cigarette smoke, and her feet were bare on the cool ground. The sunlight began streaking through the housetops, warming her cold skin. She bathed in the new glow, before seriously responding to Rua's question. "Same old, same old to be honest. I still work at that god damn video store, but now they're open 24/6. Only closed on Sundays." She sighed. "Good thing today is Sunday. You should catch up with your real friends, maybe go out to dinner. I know this is a pity talk."

Tales Tales

The dark purple she-cat rose an eyebrow. So Lavender still had her job at the old video store. Not only that, but it was now open every day of the week aside from Sunday. Geez. That sounded like a pretty shitty time. She was glad she didn't have a job. Though her parents always thought it would be good for her and she'd do little things around the house for them when she was younger. If only to get money from them. Now though, she didn't think that would happen. At least not for a good while anyway. She was sure they spent a lot of money to get her the 'help' she needed after the event in the little town. Didn't really help at all, but Doctor Gem seemed to think so. What did she know anyway?

"They're still around? Heh. Imagine that. They working too like you, or no? You could come and join us for dinner or whatever? Beats being by yourself."

( GardenParty GardenParty )

"Course. I don't know about Domino, but Parker and Jules work the same shift at Rigby's diner. Those two siblings could never be separated, huh?" she thought for a couple moments about the twins before turning her mind back to the invitation. She pondered it for a minute. It would be nice to spend her Sunday night alone, but it would be cool to catch up with Rua as well. She wouldn't ever admit it out loud, but the town was too quiet without the annoying purple cat.

"I think I'll take you up on that. What time do you want to meet?"

Tales Tales

((I think I'll make the twins. Unless u wanna do it. Or if you wanna change it idk your choice.))

Rua twitched her ear, giving a nod at that. Parker and Jules now worked at a diner. Imagine that. She didn't picture that ever happening with the two of them, but at least they had some form of work in the small town. It was rather hard to keep a job and one that paid well, but it was nice to see them making sure of their lives. That just left Domino. She wondered how the black-and-white cat was since she last seen her.

"That all depends on if the others have work today and what time they get off,"
she replied. "How about we plan on around seven or eight? I think that's good enough?"

( GardenParty GardenParty

Sure, you can make a profile for them. I rather like that idea actually.)

Lavender shrugged. "That's good, pussy." she said tauntingly, making an obvious joke. She ruffled the cat's hair before turning around and walking away. She figured she couldn't leave the conversation like that, considering it was the first one Rua had back. She looked over her shoulder. "An Rua?" she paused, biting her lip. "We missed you." With that, she scaled the side of her house, slipping into her window and disappearing.

Tales Tales

Dark blood red eyes gave a small roll at the taunting joke the lizard gave her. How mature of her to do. She watched as Lavender turned and began to walk away before the lizard glanced back at her. Her ear twitched as she waited for the older female to say what she wanted. And soon enough she did. They missed her? ...That was something she wasn't expecting considering all that had happened. But the dark purple feline gave a small smile, watching as the lavender colored female disappeared into her house.

Rua shook her head and continued her way back to her own house. Upon reaching it after another five-minute walk or so, she opened the door, glad it wasn't locked and went inside. She could hear the sound of TV from the living room, knowing her parents were still awake. At the moment though, she was too tired to even go and say hello to them. So instead, she made her way to her bedroom and flopped down onto her bed as soon as she stepped inside and shut the door behind her. What a good and weird first night back to Moonlit Springs.

Parker and Jules

Parker had gotten up early that morning to the sound of his phone blowing up with notifications. Lavender had been spamming him, as she normally did when something important happened. He squinted his eyes through the newly risen sun, not wanting to wake up this early on a Sunday. "I swear, if she wants to go fishing again this early in the morning I will not be the early bird..." Parker continued to mumble to himself as he unlocked his phone. He scrolled to the top of the messages, barely keeping his eyes open. Lavender had sent him multiple "hey"s before getting to the point.

bitch pick up your fucking phone

hello?

hellllooooooo????

is the little birdie out there??

dude i need you to come here right now

parker

parker

parks

park

p my man

p my main homie

DUDE

Parker grunted as he responded to Lavender.

I'm here now, if you could so politely stop the fucking spam. What do you want?

iconic

listen

i got some good beans to spill

Well?

rua is back

What

WHAT

Parker leaped out of bed, almost breaking his wings while stretching. He tried to keep the noise level to a minimum, though ultimately failed by bumping into the dresser and his bed post. He put on one sock and then decided that it took too much time. He put a flip flop on both his feet, one on his socked foot and the other on his bare one. He raced out of his bedroom door, banging on Jules' and yelling "RUA IS BACK." Before leaping out of their second story window and spreading his wings. He did an couple flaps, nearly falling out of the air, before gliding towards Rua's house.

Once he arrived, he slowed his pace down, gliding past her window and spotting the cat inside. Parker tested the perch that he had mounted to the side of her house, checking if it still held his weight, and then banged on her window.

"WHAT'S UP MOTHAFUCKA" he yelled, scaring a couple of wild animals below him.
Tales Tales

Rua thought she was going to be able to sleep for the whole day, but that turned out to not be the case. It felt like she had just closed her eyes to go to sleep before she heard banging on her window. She jolted upright in bed, glancing towards it to see Peter there. Rubbing her eyes with a paw, she reached over and opened the window open.

"Holy shit, dude. What a way to wake someone up!" the dark purple feline commented. "Well, I was sleeping before you came along banging on the window like some sort of mad bird. How you been, dude?"

( GardenParty GardenParty )

Parker looked down at his feet, then back up at Rua. "I'd like to think I've been treating myself pretty good." He wondered what brought Rua back to Moonlit Springs, especially considering the fact that no one exactly wanted her back. However, Parker wasn't one to complain, seeing as he missed one of his best friends. "Where did that out-of-town school go? What it a bust like we all thought it would be?" Parker flashed a wild grin, happy to see his old friend back.

((Do we want to wait for the others?))​

The dark brown wolf walked through town, his steps slow but fast. He decided to just quickly climb up one of the trees before eventually getting onto the power lines, only looking straight ahead rather than down, and he was walking along them somewhat decently for someone with the grace of a falling rock.

The dark purple she-cat shrugged her shoulders as she moved back so that her friend could come inside the room rather than standing outside her window. That would most likely look pretty weird to anyone that was passing by. "Eh, it was fine. Doc let me come back, saying I was all 'fixed' or whatever But, it's good to be back I suppose. I met Lavender last night."

Parker accepted the gesture and hobbled inside, awkwardly fitting through the window. "Ah yes, our emo bitch. Didn't you know her before?" He asked, ruffling his feathers and looking around Rua's dusty old room. "Also, don't tell her I called her emo. She would KILL me. No joke man."

Parked sighed, kicking an old plastic water bottle across the floor. He looked at Rua's bed, scanning the walls and floors. Nothing had changed since he had last been in here, which seemed like forever ago.

He giggled, staring at the corner that had an old goldfish taped on it. "Remember when you let me make out with that one girl in here? Gotta admit, that was pretty sick man."

Jules had risen from her bed at the sounds of Parker's frantic scrambling in the other room. She didn't have to worry for long what he was so excited about, because he basically announced it to the whole neighborhood when he banged on her door. Jules narrowed her eyes. Rua? Since when did she want to come back? It's not like she said goodbye or anything when she left. She just picked up her things and departed without any goodbyes, leaving sores in everyone's heart. After the incident, one of the closest people to Rua had been Jules. So naturally, it hurt the most when she ignored all of her advice and left. Jules hadn't really forgiven her, and if she didn't anything with Rua today, it would be nothing but confessing her feelings and anxiety about the whole situation from years ago. Rua should've known Jules would bother her with this shit.

However, Jules decided she would keep her space for the morning and let her brother talk to the cat. That didn't change the fact that Jules was up now, so she walked out the door and began her walk, blowing out puffs of morning air. During her walk, she noticed a figure on the power lines. It was something a lot of people did these days. Maybe it exhilarated them, though Jules didn't understand the rush. Maybe if she got up there, it would make her feel like she could fly again. She continued to watch the person, not trying to distract them from their game.

Tales Tales XavierBro-13 XavierBro-13

"She'd have your head for that." Rua leaned back against the wall, watching as the bird glanced around her dusty old bedroom. She was surprised that nothing had changed with it since she had last been here. She had to give her parents that much at least. They could have gotten rid of all of her stuff, but they didn't. Good for them. "Hehe. Yeah. That was pretty sick, wasn't it? Bet you wouldn't do it again though."

Domino made her way out of her house. She sighed as the first rays of the day was showing up more and more. The black-and-white she-cat put her paws in the dark green sweater as she began her trek through the town. As she walked along, she spotted Jules out and about, as well as someone walking along power lines. It seemed like everyone was doing that nowadays. Rua used to do that all the time when she was still around in Moonlit Springs. Maybe she started the whole thing. Who knew.

Parker rolled his eyes. "A thousand times over. Dakota was soooo hot." He said, thinking back to Dakota. The even hotter one was her older brother, though Parker could only dream of getting it good with him. Parker smiled for a moment, his thoughts drifting into oblivion, before he reeled it back in. He sat down next to Rua on her bed, sliding past her and eventually sprawling out on the sheets like her owned the place. Her placed his hands behind his head and tucked his wings back, getting comfortable. "Do you remember Dakota? She dropped out of high school to help with the family business. Barely made it past sophomore year before up-an-leaving." He glanced at Rua. "Sounds like someone I know." He said, jokingly throwing some shade towards the cat.

Rua caught the pair of shades that was tossed to her. "To be fair, you can also blame my parents for making me leave after what happened when we were in school still. And yeah, I remember her. Somewhat." It surprised her that Jules wasn't with Parker. Normally the twins were always together. Maybe she was just busy at the moment and couldn't show up. Regardless of the reason behind it, she'd most likely see the older twin tonight for dinner. "Also, we have dinner tonight. The whole gang. Lavender suggested it and I offered her to join us. It's going to be around seven or eight, depending on if anyone has anything to do tonight."

((Do you know what throwing shade is? lol))

Parker closed his eyes. "Mmm. Blame the parents. Thats cool. It's not like most of the town wanted you gone anyways. But what am I to say..." His voice trailed off, and imagined a scene where Rua did stay. Maybe she would've gotten Jules out of her relationship before she got hurt. Maybe she would've had enough in her to talk it out with the guy, not deal with it like Parker did. Rua had been an important part in Jules' life. He lost his train of thought and listened to Rua's proposal. "I mean, no one else has anything better to do." he said, mocking Rua.

Tales Tales

The brown wolf gazed over at Domino as he leapt into a nearby tree and climbed down, branch by branch before walking over. First time ever interacting with anyone from outside of the woods, might as well say hi.

He walked over to her, his blue grey eyes looking over her. "Hello," he said, looking at her. His voice was weak, as though he hadn't talked in years, which he actually hadn't. "My name is Dustin." He held out a paw for her to shake, his eyes looking at the black and white feline in front of him.

(No, I don't actually? XD)

"Heh. You got a point there. Think pretty much everyone in this town wanted me gone at one point or another. Well they can suck it up. 'Cause now I'm back. And if they start shit, they're going to end up getting a rock in their eye or head," she replied. "Or a bat to the face. When does anyone have anything to do in this town?"

Domino watched as the wolf jumped off the power line onto the ground. He was just as reckless as Rua was. Go figure. Regardless, the black-and-white she-cat offered a wave as the dark brown canine made his way over to her. "Hey," she replied, shaking his paw with her own. "Name's Domino."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back