• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Second Dawn (Post Apocalyptic Nationbuilder set in Europe)

Unified Baltic States Of Livonia
lv-livon.gif

History:
During the war the Baltic States got the least of the initial terror. Few bombs fell in them, but what was clear is that fallout was going to come, sooner or later. As people saw how the fallout would move huge migrations occurred and many started on their way to Pärnu, a city which not only recently had a strange project for multiple large bunkers to be set up, but also would've been relatively untouched by the coming atomic weather. Many people, Estonians, Latvians and even Lithuanians, who tried to reach the town died on the way, as the chaos in both countryside and town was great.
The few that got there, along with any surviving native Pärnu citizens changed the city drastically. Surviving the worst of the fallout underground, they soon set up farms on the surface world, as the radiation had barely damaged the ground around the town. Still, with a population times lower than the population of capital cities around them, Pärnu's people stayed few.

Government:
Parliamentary Republic

Strengths:
Very quick growth, bunkers, patriotic and unified people, quite a lot of boats.

Weaknesses:
Very low weaponry, few trained soldiers, only a few industries, low-ish population.

Resources:
Wheat, rye, oats, potatoes, apples, cabbages, carrots etc.
Fish
Lots of forests
Limestone
Sandstone

Population:
8884 citizens
3421 Estonians
2140 Latvians
1142 Lithuanians
2181 "Baltians" (People who identify themselves as a new breed of combined Baltic heritage)

Military:
Every capable adult gets military training and most would be brought to fight if needed.
6342 Recruits (Only brought up during fighting)
678 Protective Allies (Standing army, who guards the city and patrols the countryside)

Also
10 Military boats (used by the PA)
1 Military ship (used by the PA, but usually docked)

Territory:
Pärnu and surrounding areas.

Anthem:

Just a couple of questions. Please Elaborate on the 'boats' and the 'ship' since Military ship is a very loose term.
And could you please explain why Parnu built these Bunkers?
I would also like to iterate (Whether you're already aware or not) that if you ever actually raised all your recruits to fight you would have SEVERE long term reprecussions.

Just a couple of questions. Please Elaborate on the 'boats' and the 'ship' since Military ship is a very loose term.
And could you please explain why Parnu built these Bunkers?
I would also like to iterate (Whether you're already aware or not) that if you ever actually raised all your recruits to fight you would have SEVERE long term reprecussions.
Boats are small boats. Most rowboats, a few run on fuel and are slightly larger.
Ship is like a ship. Big, made out of metal, floats on water. Its not like they swim in fuel so they don't really use it, its just been restored to functionality and can basically work if needed. Not a warship, though, it could only be used for transport.
The bunkers were supposed to be for protection for the war going on. They were built as bomb bunkers, less effective against nukes. Its kind of a stretch, I can remove it if you want.
The recruits aren't raised to fight, they just get military training when they are around 18, just military service, common in many countries even in today's world. This just applies to both men and women (who get different training however, as in war time they would have to serve different roles).

Boats are small boats. Most rowboats, a few run on fuel and are slightly larger.
Ship is like a ship. Big, made out of metal, floats on water. Its not like they swim in fuel so they don't really use it, its just been restored to functionality and can basically work if needed. Not a warship, though, it could only be used for transport.
The bunkers were supposed to be for protection for the war going on. They were built as bomb bunkers, less effective against nukes. Its kind of a stretch, I can remove it if you want.
The recruits aren't raised to fight, they just get military training when they are around 18, just military service, common in many countries even in today's world. This just applies to both men and women (who get different training however, as in war time they would have to serve different roles).
Alright, I was worried you were asking for like proper Military ships, not normal ships used by the military. The Bunker things is fair enough, if people knew there were bunkers even if they knew they were unlikely to work, they would flock there and I do Imagine the Baltics would avoid the worst of a nuclear war. So I am cool with all that. And I fully get your Manditory service and etc. Lived in a few countries that use that. I just wanted to make sure you knew how detrimental it could be to actually raise them to fight, e.g. lack of food. And that if you do raise the majority of them I will punish you a little.

Alright, I was worried you were asking for like proper Military ships, not normal ships used by the military. The Bunker things is fair enough, if people knew there were bunkers even if they knew they were unlikely to work, they would flock there and I do Imagine the Baltics would avoid the worst of a nuclear war. So I am cool with all that. And I fully get your Manditory service and etc. Lived in a few countries that use that. I just wanted to make sure you knew how detrimental it could be to actually raise them to fight, e.g. lack of food. And that if you do raise the majority of them I will punish you a little.
So mandatory military service is okay, but raising people to only be fighters would be kind of a problem?

So mandatory military service is okay, but raising people to only be fighters would be kind of a problem?
Well if you had two thirds of your population in military roles then you have a lack of people to farm, administrate and such, as well as a lack of people to care for the young and the old. Its just what would happen if you did it. I mean if you raised them for just a couple weeks and managed to sort your issues then you may avoid such issues but wars are rarely over in a few weeks, especially when guns are involved. You are fine to raise them but if you spend too long with no one at home to farm and such you will end up suffering.

Well if you had two thirds of your population in military roles then you have a lack of people to farm, administrate and such, as well as a lack of people to care for the young and the old. Its just what would happen if you did it. I mean if you raised them for just a couple weeks and managed to sort your issues then you may avoid such issues but wars are rarely over in a few weeks, especially when guns are involved. You are fine to raise them but if you spend too long with no one at home to farm and such you will end up suffering.
Nah, its just a few month military service once in a life, and occasionally people come to reeducate themselves. The recruits don't really have weapons and most of the times they are just like other adults, working, farming etc. They aren't a professional army in any way.

Nah, its just a few month military service once in a life, and occasionally people come to reeducate themselves. The recruits don't really have weapons and most of the times they are just like other adults, working, farming etc. They aren't a professional army in any way.
No I get that, I am just saying that if you went 'Oh shit we need everyone who trained to fight right now or we dead' then you could face issues. Ofcourse if an army is advancing on your Government building than issues like that are minor compared to the possible future of death and so you might end up raising them. I just want you to know how it would work. Like I am alright with the army and 'erry 'ting.

No I get that, I am just saying that if you went 'Oh shit we need everyone who trained to fight right now or we dead' then you could face issues. Ofcourse if an army is advancing on your Government building than issues like that are minor compared to the possible future of death and so you might end up raising them. I just want you to know how it would work. Like I am alright with the army and 'erry 'ting.
oh alright now I get you.
Yeah they'd still keep people working, most of the army would be workers even when they are attacked. The whole army would only be taken in case of a huge crisis, for example an army is at the city and the recruits suddenly join the fight for one battle or sth like that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back