• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Second Dawn (Post Apocalyptic Nationbuilder set in Europe)

Not too shit, but I guess I can sign off on that, provided you give a good reason for your pop in your app. I would have preferred Tallinn, that old town looks purty. But I guess you want that river+sea defence?

Not too shit, but I guess I can sign off on that, provided you give a good reason for your pop in your app. I would have preferred Tallinn, that old town looks purty. But I guess you want that river+sea defence?
No I want to be closer to Latvia and Lithuania.

So you want the good pop and the good population :| You want to take the best of both?
Tell me which two cities and I will consider it.

no i'll have shit population
Tallinn and Pärnu.

In my opinion that seems like a bit of a cheat. I know I'm a bit late to the party, but the way I see it is you should choose a location and stick to it's population. I chose Andorra because of it's easily defended position, at the significant cost of manpower. If I were to have known that you would be able to simply pick two different locations, take the pop from one, and the starting location from the other. I would have easily have taken the Andorra position and possibly the Barcelona population, but I didn't. The way I see it, is my little Andorran Kingdom could expand towards these larger cities and begin recruiting the inhabitants, allowing for a much more lore friendly integration. Besides, having a low starting population allows for a little more challenge in the game, because instead of simply throwing men at the enemy you must be decisive with your actions, making things a little more realistic and much more fun in my opinion. For example imagine having a post apocalyptic situation similar to the Battle of Bannockburn, Battle Of Vitkov Hill, Battle Of Okehazama, or the Battle of Rorke's Drift, where the defenders fought against the odds and won. But that's just my two cents, in the end it's up to the GM to decide how things roll.

Last edited:
In my opinion that seems like a bit of a cheat. I know I'm a bit late to the party, but the way I see it is you should choose a location and stink to it's population. I chose Andorra because of it's easily defended position, at the significant cost of manpower. If I were to have known that you would be able to simply pick two different locations, take the pop from one, and the starting location from the other. I would have easily have taken the Andorra position and possibly the Barcelona population, but I didn't. The way I see it, is my little Andorran Kingdom could expand towards these larger cities and begin recruiting the inhabitants, allowing for a much more lore friendly integration. Besides, having a low starting population allows for a little more challenge in the game, because instead of simply throwing men at the enemy you must be decisive with your actions, making things a little more realistic and much more fun in my opinion. But that's just my two cents, in the end it's up to the GM to decide how things roll.
and the gm already decided how things roll.
I don't have an easily defended location, a pre-war rich nation (low resources), very low population and low amounts of weaponry because of the location. I don't have a death wish, a 100 people isn't enough to create an entire nation to face millions of soldiers.

and the gm already decided how things roll.
I don't have an easily defended location, a pre-war rich nation (low resources), very low population and low amounts of weaponry because of the location. I don't have a death wish, a 100 people isn't enough to create an entire nation to face millions of soldiers.

To each his own.

I can't wait to use my cannon fodder in Soviet-style human wave tactics- er, I mean, valued citizens in thoughtful tactical deployments to ensure as little life is lost as possible.

lol i have under 500 people rip me
i'd have less if i had taken the original population of the city so rip

guess I'll switch it out then.
I thought 500 seemed WAY to low, I dont care if its a Baltic state, Capitals are rarely small enough for that and I didn't want you to suffer for it.
I mean if you want to Try RP with a population lower then your starting 'Max' that's up to you but even then I think 500 would be a little far In my opinion.

I thought 500 seemed WAY to low, I dont care if its a Baltic state, Capitals are rarely small enough for that and I didn't want you to suffer for it.
I mean if you want to Try RP with a population lower then your starting 'Max' that's up to you but even then I think 500 would be a little far In my opinion.
nah I'll take 8884
I'll have many other things that make me weak.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back