• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Second chances - a monster's path to godhood OOC

Do you prefer Discord for OOC talk?

• Yes

Votes: 7 87.5%
  • No

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters
Characters
Here
Right, so couple of questions.

Is there going to be a stat system in place to track how powerful characters are, or are we just going to go by core levels?

Is it the expectation that the four guardians will stick with each other for the entirety of the RP, or can they splinter off and pursue their own goals once they get stronger?

Are the guardians given any particular info on why the Gods dropped them here?

Right, so couple of questions.

Is there going to be a stat system in place to track how powerful characters are, or are we just going to go by core levels?

Is it the expectation that the four guardians will stick with each other for the entirety of the RP, or can they splinter off and pursue their own goals once they get stronger?

Are the guardians given any particular info on why the Gods dropped them here?
Just the ranks and tiers so it won't get too complicated. Each rank has three tiers so it's a bit more clear how the strength is different from one rank to the next but not too detailed to confuse people. As to how strong each rank is that I will have to add into the lore thread once I make it but it may take me a day or two since I have a lot of info to go through and am just one person hehe. But I think I will limit it to how many skills (number and times) someone can use.

The characters (like in a litRPG) can separate for a time and then reunite again. Go to different places or split into smaller groups to get stronger and then join back up again etc... It's all up to you guys how you want your character's story to go. I'm just here to provide some plot points to bring the characters together from time to time. Of course, if players want the characters can stick together the entire time.

The letter mentioned in the interest check will provide a hint or two but otherwise, they won't know much about what's going on. Basically, they are dropped into the deep end and given a tiny flotation device in hopes that they don't drown lol.

So most of the cores are pretty self explanatory, but what kind of abilities would someone with a Light or Darkness core be capable of?

So most of the cores are pretty self explanatory, but what kind of abilities would someone with a Light or Darkness core be capable of?
That's totally up to you. Think of it as a combination of mana and martial arts or something along those lines. Shadows for example could have a movement technique that uses shadows to make one seem to teleport a certain distance, or 'shadow spike' a skill where you direct a spike of shadows with your weapon to hit a target or maybe a type of skill that uses the targets shadow to trap them in place for a short time, etc... You can play around a bit and use your imagination. Just make it so the character needs to use the energy from their core and either a weapon of a series of hand gestures to trigger the skill.

Oh and of course you don't have to specify the hand gestures 😁 just mentioning that the character made them is enough and most of the time not even that. Hell if you prefer you can have them call out the name of the attack. This is supposed to be fun so like I said play around with it a bit and make something you like.

Oh and of course you don't have to specify the hand gestures 😁 just mentioning that the character made them is enough and most of the time not even that. Hell if you prefer you can have them call out the name of the attack. This is supposed to be fun so like I said play around with it a bit and make something you like.
I super have a character in mind for thos already, but I might also wanna bring another hmm

How do the guardians do their job at balancing Gehenna? How old they can be?
With the balance of power I meant that since they were in charge of Gehenna there weren't many power struggles (you know, to rule Gehenna) among the other inhabitants because they followed the guardians out of respect for their power. Sure there were some rebels but the guardians were powerful enough to handle those if needed. Don't forget, they were almost as strong as the gods but not quite.
You can make them as old as you want but appearance-wise I would suggest picking something between 16-25 so the characters won't be too far apart in age appearance.

For true ages I know you said we can make them as old as we want, but what age ranges are you hoping to see? Hundreds of years? Thousands? Just so we have an idea of what would be appropriate.

For example I'm planning on making a character that is around 1000 years old, but I'm not sure if that makes them old or young in comparison to the other guardians.

For true ages I know you said we can make them as old as we want, but what age ranges are you hoping to see? Hundreds of years? Thousands? Just so we have an idea of what would be appropriate.

For example I'm planning on making a character that is around 1000 years old, but I'm not sure if that makes them old or young in comparison to the other guardians.
I'd say around 1000 would be a good age for a guardian. I mean they were really powerful and it takes a while for someone to get that strong, become a guardian and keep the position 😁

I may not have my sheets up until my next day off, which is Thursday, I hope that's alright <3
No problem, I still have to decide on a deadline for CS creation but it won't be before next Saturday I think. I mean I don't want people to lose interest of course but it would give enough time to finish characters and time for others to join if they want to so Saturday shouldn't be too long. What do you think?

Wait. Lightspeed travel? Nukes? Um... (looks at my character)... If this is the power level we're looking at for guardians I may need to make mine more powerful.

Also, as old as the planet? Gosh dang 1000 years suddenly looks young.

Wait. Lightspeed travel? Nukes? Um... (looks at my character)... If this is the power level we're looking at for guardians I may need to make mine more powerful.

Also, as old as the planet? Gosh dang 1000 years suddenly looks young.
Hehe yeah well I did mention they were almost as powerful as gods... But don't worry in their new form they will be pretty weak so the past only becomes relevant once they gain the ability to transform into their true self which won't happen for a long while since they need to reach at least the emperor rank before that happens 😁 lots of growing to do till then.

Ups lol they would need to reach the sage rank... Sorry for the mistake. It's late and I'm about to go to sleep now.

I would greatly prefer a discord! I missed all the notifications from earlier and that tends to happen a lot to me on RpN.

I would greatly prefer a discord! I missed all the notifications from earlier and that tends to happen a lot to me on RpN.
Cool, then I will make one soon and send you a link in a PM once it's done. May take me a bit because I got some work to do first.

Lol I'm a ditz, I forgot to add the FC section to the CS... I only mentioned it but didn't add it to the actual CS whoops 😅

Eeriel CS is finished, been awhile since I make this level of over-the-topness, lol.
That's right. She is indeed Goku.

I suppose all the guardians are taken? I had some fun ideas butvi understand im joining a tad late

Users who are viewing this thread

Back