• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy [Season One] High School Showdown (Anime Fighter RP - Recruiting!)

Astralworks Astralworks

Lol, sure. My original plan was to make a one-man army. Maybe the gang members constantly want to recruit him, but he always refused, given he essentially took down other gangs in the area by himself with what's essentially a bullshit buffing power.

The Black Knight The Black Knight

I'm not sure if this would be too much, but the power that would allow him to solo most gangs would be called 'Balance Breaking.' In which he's capable to break balances of concepts in himself or others. Such as strength, speed, endurance, etc, to make people get a massive, crazy boom in power. I was thinking he'd be something like a local legend, who'd 'join' gang for whatever objectives, personal or otherwise, and would essentially be like, 'I'm not an official member, I'm just working with you guys for now' like a tsundere. Maybe he could have some manner of past with your DMPC.

Otherwise, is the power fine? It's a bit broken, but I kinda wanted to make so he seemed powerful enough to solo gangs by himself, at least before the RP starts.

Astralworks Astralworks

Lol, sure. My original plan was to make a one-man army. Maybe the gang members constantly want to recruit him, but he always refused, given he essentially took down other gangs in the area by himself with what's essentially a bullshit buffing power.

The Black Knight The Black Knight

I'm not sure if this would be too much, but the power that would allow him to solo most gangs would be called 'Balance Breaking.' In which he's capable to break balances of concepts in himself or others. Such as strength, speed, endurance, etc, to make people get a massive, crazy boom in power. I was thinking he'd be something like a local legend, who'd 'join' gang for whatever objectives, personal or otherwise, and would essentially be like, 'I'm not an official member, I'm just working with you guys for now' like a tsundere. Maybe he could have some manner of past with your DMPC.

Otherwise, is the power fine? It's a bit broken, but I kinda wanted to make so he seemed powerful enough to solo gangs by himself, at least before the RP starts.
Ayeeee!!! That's what I'm talking about!!! XDDD

Boosto!!!

Celestial Speck Celestial Speck He could have soloed gangs by himself because you wrote that he did without having a broken power that would make people not even join the game. -_-

Crow Crow It'll be like Mob Psycho 100/One Punch Man with how absurd the powers can be, but no one will be broken on the level Saitama and Shigeo are.

Celestial Speck Celestial Speck What I mean is he could have had any power and defeated a gang of kids by himself because you wrote that he did. I won't allow him to have a broken power.

Eeeh, it's only really broken in name only. Also, you said that the power level will be OPM/MP100%- And while I'm aware that the main characters won't be as powerful as them, Mob Psycho and OPM still have plenty of strong characters aside from the titular main characters. Would having something that's essentially a buffing power really be that much if that's the power level you're going for...? I won't do it if you really think it's a problem, but I don't think it's game-breaking, unless you think he'll be able to go Moon-Level or something with that power.

Actually, what even is the starting power level of characters? I could shape the power's own strength level around that.

The reason why I say no to the buffing power is because it has no limit and to limit it, would require you to set a cap that could put you not on par with other OP characters.

There is no "power level." It's whatever I allow into the game.

Eh, fair enough. Still, what do you recommend? Are powers things that have no weaknesses to them, given what you just said, but still have to be somewhat simple or stuff?

I'm letting players come up with whatever they want, but I am also shutting it down if it is too absurd. With how any superpowers go, there's always a weakness. I didn't include weakness in the CS because I'm leaving this open to see what people present to me. I am used to players on this site submitting broken characters, and so those characters will always be denied by me. They can be in any other game, but they won't be here because there's nothing to appreciate about a broken character. This is a group game where some player characters may have the advantage in certain situations and others not so much because of the powers they selected. There will be no Mary Sues/Gary Stus who can do it all.

I mean, I haven't even posted my sheet yet. And I have to respectfully disagree on not having anything to appreciate about a broken character. This RP in itself already seems that there'll be plenty of those, NPC or otherwise- a character's worth and quality aren't about their strength or how weak they are. If a character is good while being OP or not, it's a valid character. I'm not saying you should allow broken characters, and I respect your decision, but it's pretty hard to like...Make everyone giga balanced. Some will be stronger than others. I'm not trying to sound rude, but I just think there will be PC's in this RP who'll be stronger than others.

My original idea for a weakness for the power was stamina and the high risk and reward of it. Like, a singular buff could turn the tides in a battle, but the weakness would be that it draws out his own stamina and aura for these buffs. Making so he trained himself to be able to fight without always needing to use the power, and when he does, it's to end things quickly or to overpower someone else, leaving him a bit drained if he uses it once, and continuously burning him out if he keeps using it to a point where he could pass out. If that doesn't work, just like, suggest to me what I could do, or what sort of power I could have.

I could post the raw character sheet template and leave out the superpower, to see what you and I could cook up. Or I could use something generic, like Pyrokinesis, in the style of something like Shinra from Fire Force, who uses it for momentum and movement. Ultimately, I'll do what you think is best, since it's still your RP at the end of the day.

Celestial Speck Celestial Speck I'll let you know right now that I don't help players make characters. I just approve and deny concepts and CSes. Character creation is 100% on the player. I'll tell you what I won't accept, and I give the player the option to change it or leave. And that's basically it.

If you have this bad-ass normal, who has this saving-grace power that allows him to boost one physical aspect of himself or another character before he is absolutely decommissioned, then I'll accept that. But then I have to ask, what is the buff's duration? Do not use time because time cannot be measured in writing, so you'll have to use "turns." A turn is one completed round in a posting order.

I think that gives him a decent chance. If you look at it in you get 3 turns to make a difference before your character is exhausted. That's three posts.

Character Name:

Kyou Tana. Doesn't possess any nicknames, in virtue of not having many friends to give him one.

Alias:

AKUMA

15 years old. He'll be 16 somewhat soon, though.

A manly man's man!

Height:

An unnerving 5'10". This unnatural height for someone of his age made so Kyou gained more of his reputation as a 'demon' in the streets, both by other students, teachers, or previous gangs he took down in the past.

Weight:

76 KG.

Not that much, considering his title and height. It isn't uncommon for people who have never seen him think he's some massive, hulking figure in mass, or being something like a buff sumo fighter by the rumors, much to his dismay.

Hair Color:

Black, messy hair that Kyou attempts to keep out of his eyes, something by moving it back. Making it almost seem like an incomplete pompadour at times due to being mildly long. It's a bit dirty at times as well- mostly due to the fights he gets into.

Eye Color:

Silver eyes that almost seem like to be jewels. People who went against him often claim they see his eyes changing colors to a deep red when he activates his power. Although, that's really just a case of his own aura permeating through him.

Complexion:

Kyou is relatively pale, being of eastern origin. Although, his skin is rough and a bit dirty, with a few scars in certain spots, making it not very smooth.

Build:

Kyou isn't a mass of muscle, but he isn't weak, either. He is certainly toned, however. With visible muscles on him, although not completely solid. Regardless, his height fits his apparent muscle mass, which he tries to develop by eating and training. (Although, said training often involves beating up goons.)

Grade:

Freshman, despite seeming like he belongs in older grades.

Visual Appearance:

makoto-oogami-5574.jpg

'Canon' appearance.

XAQhlwW.jpg

Non-canon Oni appearance.

Personality:

Kyou may seem like your usual delinquent- foul mother, hot-blooded, and not afraid to get into a fight with anyone he meets. Be it a man, or a woman. However, many of the rumors surrounding Kyou largely bastardized his actual personality. While Kyou isn't a caring or 'good' person by any means in his own eyes, he certainly possesses a certain sense of justice and a personality that's more than just your usual delinquent.

He's one to not pick people who aren't worth fighting. Or at the very least, people who don't deserve it. Kyou tends to protect other, weaker people from attacks or from being 'tossed around' by others, often with large violence and brutality, depending on the situation. If one is to approach him despite this, they would find that Kyou isn't necessarily aggressive, just cold, and mildly dense to some regular social implications due to the fact of not having many friends. He isn't dumb by any means despite his grades, but his mind certainly is more focused on other aspects.

He speaks often in an extremely non-formal language, often butchering his sentences to a point where it's either ridiculous or perhaps even comical to some point.

Despite this, in fights, or in other situations, he can certainly be seen showing 'excitement' and having a large grin on his face. He seems to enjoy fights, principally if his enemy is strong- and enjoys, even more, when he's fighting against someone in a 'friendly match', or, well, something close to it- often laughing and pushing himself to the limit, making the fight last as long as possible, although always aiming to win if nothing is at stake. Otherwise, he'll always try and finish it quickly.

Beyond all of this...If one is able to befriend Kyou, they would find a rather excited boy who enjoys the company and often cares a lot about his friends, be the few he has, despite sometimes not being the best of showing it. Often giving advice to others (at bad times, occasionally) or just being there to support others, Kyou is much of a loyal ally to his friends, despite his occasional short temper, often causing him to be relatively protective.

Current Story:

Kyou Tana isn't from this town- he never was, yet, he was forced to come here as a transfer student. Born from an unknown woman and man, Kyou lives by himself with his grandfather at the commercial district of town, living atop a small convenience store his grandfather runs (with him occasionally helping along) in an apartment, Kyou arrived in Sommerset Highschool a short while ago, although, despite this short period, he formed a name for himself, much like he formed a name for himself in his previous city.

His appearance and personality often make people think of him as a Demon, hence his alias, as well as his extreme violence. Long before he ever joined Sommerset, Kyou lived in a town named 'Kyoto.' There, he lived and grew a quiet child. His grandfather, Kawaki Tana, often was away from their home to properly care for Kyou, despite showing great care and love for his grandson, leaving the boy to lack familial or parental love from a young age.

He was average, once. Despite his height and strong muscle mass, he was a normal student. His grades weren't great, but they were good enough. He had a small group of people he isn't even sure he could 'consider' friends. He earned money by taking care of his grandfather's store, he occasionally got into some trouble, but he never did anything major. He was, by all means, a nobody.

So, the many or few people that know of him ask themselves what caused his change. Some say he grew bored and snapped. Others say he always enjoyed fighting, and just hid it very well. But, despite all the theories, the truth is often disappointing, or unexpected. This was the case with him. Kyou changed to a life of fighting and hot-bloodiness for a simple reason:

He watched people that didn't deserve getting hurt get hurt. As such, as he acted, and attacked.

The feeling of blood rushing, and the feeling of actually doing something, protecting something smaller than him, made Kyou realize his own potential, much to his grandfather's dismay. He was skilled in his attacks, but also possessed the strength to properly execute them. A trait he knew that wasn't natural to him. Something perhaps from his parents, or his grandfather, even. Despite this, he never questioned his past, or who his parents were, taking solace in wishing to protect things smaller or bigger than him.

Weapon(s):

Kyou always uses his fists. Weapons just hold him back.

Aura:

Kyou's aura is a deep and burning red that seems to be made out of literal flames. Constantly moving, burning, and powering him on. Those who fought him on the past say his aura has the shape of an Eight-Headed dragon, and that they could almost feel said dragon swallowing and burning them alive like flames when he dealt the final blow. Although, of course, this is simply a feeling those weaker than him sense.

Power:

The power to 'Break Balance', or, 'Balance Breaking' by his own name. While Kyou is already extremely strong and mildly superhuman, many people just think his power is that- simply having superhuman characteristics. But in actuality, Kyou's true power is the power to break his and other's own physical traits. The current concepts he is aware that he can 'break' are eyesight, strength, endurance, speed, reflexes, mind, and regeneration.

This power comes with its downsides, however. Kyou uses his power using his own fighting spirit as 'fuel' to 'burn up' the concept he wants to 'break', or 'burn away' its boundaries. As such, whenever Kyou uses this power, he often burns away his own stamina, forcing him to rest up temporarily before being able to use it again on himself or others. While other people he uses this power on may feel burned out as well, Kyou will take most of the exhaustion, and while he never pushed Balance Breaking to its limits, he feels as if it could be dangerous to his body, and own lifeforce.

Fighting Style:

Kyou 'pretends' to have a style, which in actuality, is just a mixed martial style between 'winging it' and proper martial arts. He calls it the 'Devil Style', style where he combines both the usage of his hands and feet to deal as much damage as possible to the opponent, with the intention of brutalizing them and wearing them down. He has two styles to it:

The Open Palm, where Kyou's strength is halved, and he often uses it against weaker opponents, or when he doesn't want to completely beat them up to an inch of their life, and the Closed Palm, which is the exact opposite to the non-lethal style of the Open Palm- taking the form of a simple clenched fist, in which he uses his full strength to fully break and beat down the enemies to finish fights quickly, or when he is really pissed.

He also seems to possess specific moves to each style, although, most of the time, Kyou completely wings it, and creates new moves on the spot, much to any actual martial artist's dismay of him pretending to know anything of martial arts.

Techniques

Kyou doesn't possess any techniques of note aside from one, or at least none that works with his power as potently, given the way it works. Despite this, he possesses '''techniques''' in each of his styles, that while aren't as powerful as proper techniques, as they're simple and raw martial arts, they still play a role in his worth in the field. However, given the nature of Balance Breaking, perhaps one day he'll push past the current limits of it, perhaps not, and get proper techniques with it like other people.

However...There is one. One he always uses. One he never forgot.

'Akuma No Ken.'

A single punch aided by the Closed Palm. That's all there is to it. A punch directed at the person he's using. However...That punch is filled with 'broken balance.', and seems to be shining with his own aura, like a flaming fist. The punch causes massive damage to the enemy, as well as Kyou, depending on the situation. Despite this, this ability was only used so many times, and often, it led to a path of destruction where Kyou used it. Craters, destroyed nearby objects, and a large shockwave.

It's Kyou's single strongest and most trustworthy move- one used when he determines the enemy is strong enough to handle it, and when he wants to deal as most damage as possible in very little time. It is a truly terrifying move...Yet one Kyou doesn't use often, with his hand also being dealt some damage due to the impact, or even breaking sometimes. Despite this, in Kyou's words, 'a true man ain't afraid of losin' a hand to protect people he cares 'bout!'

Alright, not the best sheet I've ever made, but I always suck at doing 'em, so eh. Hopefully, it's decent enough.

Last edited:
Character Name:

Kyou Tana. Doesn't possess any nicknames, in virtue of not having many friends to give him one.

Alias:

AKUMA

15 years old. He'll be 16 somewhat soon, though.

A manly man's man!

Height:

An unnerving 5'10". This unnatural height for someone of his age made so Kyou gained more of his reputation as a 'demon' in the streets, both by other students, teachers, or previous gangs he took down in the past.

Weight:

76 KG.

Not that much, considering his title and height. It isn't uncommon for people who have never seen him think he's some massive, hulking figure in mass, or being something like a buff sumo fighter by the rumors, much to his dismay.

Hair Color:

Black, messy hair that Kyou attempts to keep out of his eyes, something by moving it back. Making it almost seem like an incomplete pompadour at times due to being mildly long. It's a bit dirty at times as well- mostly due to the fights he gets into.

Eye Color:

Silver eyes that almost seem like to be jewels. People who went against him often claim they see his eyes changing colors to a deep red when he activates his power. Although, that's really just a case of his own aura permeating through him.

Complexion:

Kyou is relatively pale, being of eastern origin. Although, his skin is rough and a bit dirty, with a few scars in certain spots, making it not very smooth.

Build:

Kyou isn't a mass of muscle, but he isn't weak, either. He is certainly toned, however. With visible muscles on him, although not completely solid. Regardless, his height fits his apparent muscle mass, which he tries to develop by eating and training. (Although, said training often involves beating up goons.)

Grade:

Freshman, despite seeming like he belongs in older grades.

Visual Appearance:

makoto-oogami-5574.jpg

'Canon' appearance.

XAQhlwW.jpg

Non-canon Oni appearance.

Personality:

Kyou may seem like your usual delinquent- foul mother, hot-blooded, and not afraid to get into a fight with anyone he meets. Be it a man, or a woman. However, many of the rumors surrounding Kyou largely bastardized his actual personality. While Kyou isn't a caring or 'good' person by any means in his own eyes, he certainly possesses a certain sense of justice and a personality that's more than just your usual delinquent.

He's one to not pick people who aren't worth fighting. Or at the very least, people who don't deserve it. Kyou tends to protect other, weaker people from attacks or from being 'tossed around' by others, often with large violence and brutality, depending on the situation. If one is to approach him despite this, they would find that Kyou isn't necessarily aggressive, just cold, and mildly dense to some regular social implications due to the fact of not having many friends. He isn't dumb by any means despite his grades, but his mind certainly is more focused on other aspects.

He speaks often in an extremely non-formal language, often butchering his sentences to a point where it's either ridiculous or perhaps even comical to some point.

Despite this, in fights, or in other situations, he can certainly be seen showing 'excitement' and having a large grin on his face. He seems to enjoy fights, principally if his enemy is strong- and enjoys, even more, when he's fighting against someone in a 'friendly match', or, well, something close to it- often laughing and pushing himself to the limit, making the fight last as long as possible, although always aiming to win if nothing is at stake. Otherwise, he'll always try and finish it quickly.

Beyond all of this...If one is able to befriend Kyou, they would find a rather excited boy who enjoys the company and often cares a lot about his friends, be the few he has, despite sometimes not being the best of showing it. Often giving advice to others (at bad times, occasionally) or just being there to support others, Kyou is much of a loyal ally to his friends, despite his occasional short temper, often causing him to be relatively protective.

Current Story:

Kyou Tana isn't from this town- he never was, yet, he was forced to come here as a transfer student. Born from an unknown woman and man, Kyou lives by himself with his grandfather at the commercial district of town, living atop a small convenience store his grandfather runs (with him occasionally helping along) in an apartment, Kyou arrived in Sommerset Highschool a short while ago, although, despite this short period, he formed a name for himself, much like he formed a name for himself in his previous city.

His appearance and personality often make people think of him as a Demon, hence his alias, as well as his extreme violence. Long before he ever joined Sommerset, Kyou lived in a town named 'Kyoto.' There, he lived and grew a quiet child. His grandfather, Kawaki Tana, often was away from their home to properly care for Kyou, despite showing great care and love for his grandson, leaving the boy to lack familial or parental love from a young age.

He was average, once. Despite his height and strong muscle mass, he was a normal student. His grades weren't great, but they were good enough. He had a small group of people he isn't even sure he could 'consider' friends. He earned money by taking care of his grandfather's store, he occasionally got into some trouble, but he never did anything major. He was, by all means, a nobody.

So, the many or few people that know of him ask themselves what caused his change. Some say he grew bored and snapped. Others say he always enjoyed fighting, and just hid it very well. But, despite all the theories, the truth is often disappointing, or unexpected. This was the case with him. Kyou changed to a life of fighting and hot-bloodiness for a simple reason:

He watched people that didn't deserve getting hurt get hurt. As such, as he acted, and attacked.

The feeling of blood rushing, and the feeling of actually doing something, protecting something smaller than him, made Kyou realize his own potential, much to his grandfather's dismay. He was skilled in his attacks, but also possessed the strength to properly execute them. A trait he knew that wasn't natural to him. Something perhaps from his parents, or his grandfather, even. Despite this, he never questioned his past, or who his parents were, taking solace in wishing to protect things smaller or bigger than him.

Weapon(s):

Kyou always uses his fists. Weapons just hold him back.

Aura:

Kyou's aura is a deep and burning red that seems to be made out of literal flames. Constantly moving, burning, and powering him on. Those who thought him on the past say his aura has the shape of a Eight-Headed dragon, and that they could almost feel said dragon swallowing and burning them alive like flames when he dealt the final blow. Although, of course, this is simply a feeling those weaker than him sense.

Power:

The power to 'Break Balance', or, 'Balance Breaking' by his own name. While Kyou is already extremely strong and mildly superhuman, many people just think his power is that- simply having superhuman characteristics. But in actuality, Kyou's true power is the power to break his and other's own physical traits such as endurance, speed, strength, eyesight, and other concepts or utilities their body has.

This power comes with its downsides, however. Kyou uses his power using his own fighting spirit as 'fuel' to 'burn up' the concept he wants to 'break', or 'burn away' its boundaries. As such, whenever Kyou uses this power, he often burns away his own stamina, forcing him to rest up temporarily before being able to use it again on himself or others. While other people he uses this power on may feel burned out as well, Kyou will take most of the exhaustion, and while he never pushed Balance Breaking to its limits, he feels as if it could be dangerous to his body, and own lifeforce.

Fighting Style:

Kyou 'pretends' to have a style, which in actuality, is just a mixed martial style between 'winging it' and proper martial arts. He calls it the 'Devil Style', style where he combines both the usage of his hands and feet to deal as much damage as possible to the opponent, with the intention of brutalizing them and wearing them down. He has two styles to it:

The Open Palm, where Kyou's strength is halved, and he often uses it against weaker opponents, or when he doesn't want to completely beat them up to an inch of their life, and the Closed Palm, which is the exact opposite to the non-lethal style of the Open Palm- taking the form of a simple clenched fist, in which he uses his full strength to fully break and beat down the enemies to finish fights quickly, or when he is really pissed.

He also seems to possess specific moves to each style, although, most of the time, Kyou completely wings it, and creates new moves on the spot, much to any actual martial artist's dismay of him pretending to know anything of martial arts.

Techniques

Kyou doesn't possess any techniques of note, at least none that work with his power, given the way it works. Despite this, he possesses techniques in each of his styles, that while aren't as powerful as proper techniques, as they're simple and raw martial arts, they still play a role in his worth in the field. However, given the nature of Balance Breaking, perhaps one day he'll push past the current limits of it, perhaps not.

However...There is one. One he always uses. One he never forgot.

'Akuma No Ken.'

A single punch aided by the Closed Palm. That's all there is to it. A punch directed at the person he's using. However...That punch is filled with 'broken balance.', and seems to be shining with his own aura, like a flaming fist. The punch causes massive damage to the enemy, as well as Kyou, depending on the situation. Despite this, this ability was only used so many times, and often, it led to a path of destruction where Kyou used it. Craters, destroyed nearby objects, and a large shockwave.

It's Kyou's single strongest and most trustworthy move- one used when he determines the enemy is strong enough to handle it, and when he wants to deal as most damage as possible in very little time. It is a truly terrifying move...Yet one Kyou doesn't use often, with his hand also being dealt some damage due to the impact, or even breaking sometimes. Despite this, in Kyou's words, 'a true man ain't afraid of losin' a hand to protect people he cares 'bout!'

Alright, not the best sheet I've ever made, but I always suck at doing 'em, so eh. Hopefully, it's decent enough.

Three things I'm skeptical of: 1) You add that "other concepts" caveat to your character's breaking ability. I don't like people adding "etc." so you really need to specify what aspects his powers specifically enhance; 2) the drawing of your character looking like a demon. Your character is human and only allowed one power. If you want him to have a demonic form, that would be a second power, which would not be allowed. You can only have one; and 3) you contradict yourself in techniques. "Kyou doesn't possess any techniques of note, at least none that work with his power, given the way it works. Despite this, he possesses techniques..."

Three things I'm skeptical of: 1) You add that "other concepts" caveat to your character's breaking ability. I don't like people adding "etc." so you really need to specify what aspects his powers specifically enhance; 2) the drawing of your character looking like a demon. Your character is human and only allowed one power. If you want him to have a demonic form, that would be a second power, which would not be allowed. You can only have one; and 3) you contradict yourself in techniques. "Kyou doesn't possess any techniques of note, at least none that work with his power, given the way it works. Despite this, he possesses techniques..."

Ah, alright. I'll fix the first one. Also, for the second one- Kyou is an existing character of mine that I felt as if would fit in the setting. I also added a 'non-canon' under that image, to show that it isn't canon to the RP, and I only showed it since it shows more closely what I originally envisioned for him appearance-wise, given his theme is Onis/Demons and all that. And for the third part, it's more like martial arts techniques rather than techniques specific to his power aside from a single one, and given they're not really important, I didn't feel the need to add 'em, but I'll fix that.

EDIT: There, fixed it.

Last edited:
If I may ask, how many people need to be approved for the topic to begin? Obviously there’s not enough now, but is there a vague member limit?

The trend on this site is that it takes 2-3 weeks to recruit enough people to start a game. The minimum I would like is 7 but there is no cap. As many people can join as they want.

So we're doing a gangster RP right? What do you mean it doesn't refer to a mafia gang?

c1tz5ZW.jpg

"No no no no NO! I won't allow it... unless you can beat me in a game of rock paper scissors! ;)"​

Basic Information
Character Name: Rialta Lagliano, actively convincing others to call her Ria
Alias: Princess, only used during middle school and is never mentioned after moving to US.
Height: 4'11
Weight: 102 lbs
Hair Color: Blonde
Eye Color: Indigo (violet-blue)
Complexion: Fair
Build: Appears slim, but actually has a hidden well-built body that is rich in muscle only in the crucial parts.
Grade: Freshman
Appearance
Visual Appearance:
JwX0fSe.jpg
Written Appearance:
Ria has a short physique and a skillful application of first-class cosmetics and outfits that emphasizes her childish innocence over feminine elegance and beauty. Topped with a combination of long blonde hair that always seen in a two-side up, a fair white skin that completely lacks scar and a girlish slim body and her first impression would never stray away from a little, harmless girl. A fairly misleading one, so to speak.

Ria wears her Somerset uniform exactly as instructed, saved for a pair of pure white thigh-high stockings she deliberately picked over the regular black one.
Personality
During middle school, Rialta was more reserved, cold and dignified, which was to be expected considering her sheltered upbringing and etiquette lessons. It's worth noting that her appearance and choices of clothing at that time were lacking any hint of childishness and instead painted her to be a full-fleshed proper lady. This was another reason behind her alias as the "Princess".

After leaving Italy, Ria changed a lot. From her face and outfits, to her actions and speeches, everyone can't help but see the spark of childishness within her. Currently, she is almost never seen without a cheerful smile on her face and is known to be very outgoing and energetic. Starting a conversation with others and making friends are clearly her forte. She is also known to be mischievous enough to prank someone whom she just met and judged to be teasable. In addition, she regularly pouts, puffs cheeks and stomps the ground when things don't go her way, although she always limits all that to the level of looking cute and never annoying. She also has no problem bounce straight back to her normal disposition and regain her composure in an instant, as though it was all an act.

Far smarter than what she let on, Ria is actually a cunning and calculating girl who plans ahead and always accounts for consequences of her actions. Despite being a sheltered princess, she has already consolidated her common sense during middle school years and is now good at reading others' thoughts and emotions. Despite her childish character, she deeply cares for the well-being of those viewed as her allies and is willing to do anything in her power to help them. She also has kind and soft nature, always ends the fight in the fastest and least suffering way for her opponent.

At least when she can control herself.

In the past, Ria's father occasionally visited her and took the role of her tutor on self-defense. When it happened, he didn't hold back at all and gave her a huge stress both physically and mentally. This resulted in her creating another mindset and personality as a part of defense mechanism. Whenever she engages in a serious fight and keep up with it for a while, she will start to adopt sadistic tendency and become her other self. In this state, Ria becomes a lot more aggressive and ruthless. From a girl who always thinks before acting, she turns into a beast driven by nothing but desire to crush her opponent. Throughout her middle school years, Ria used to ignore this change, thinking that it's something beneficial to her. But after the incident where this personality of her carelessly revealed a crucial information and ruined her life, she becomes severely weak and insecure when it comes to relating topic or similar circumstances and will always try her best to end the fight before her other self resurface again.

This is the main reason behind her childish upfront and immediate request to join a gang as strong as Shuji's, so that there would be reasons and excuses for her to not fight seriously.
Current Story
Lagliano is a family name that Ria could never say out loud in her self-introduction, as it is currently one of the biggest name among Italian mafias. It all started with a man named Luca Lagliano, once an ordinary young man who was a skilled fighter and most troublesome delinquent in school. He initially joined a mafia gang due to urgent need for money, but then climbed his way up to the boss position through sheer power. In just a few years, that mediocre mafia gang became the most powerful and influential political faction in Italy thanks to his commitment. Years after he achieved that, he would encounter a certain woman and interacted enough to have a daughter, something a mafia boss who wanted to remain in power should never have.

Ria spent most of her childhood being confined in a big and luxurious manor in Rome, living with her father's subordinates who doubled as private tutors that worked her inhumanely hard. At age 10, she finally learned enough plotting and bargaining skill to threaten her father to let her go to school like an ordinary girl. He had no choice but to approve as her bargaining chips were not only the manor and lives of his men but also her own identity, something he absolutely can't afford to let the public know

While she was expecting an ordinary school life, the middle school she enrolled was one of the most prestigious ones in Italy where the students were brimmed with pride, confidence and a desire to be the best in whatever subject they're involved in. Due to that, gangs and hostilities formed. Being the only person claimed to have no interest in joining either of the 2 gangs formed in her class, she was initially their mutual bullying target.

Well, initially.

After a few rounds of fierce fighting, including a 10 against one fight, her class came out in a single gang with Ria as their respected leader. While she was reluctant at first and strongly insisted that she only wanted a peaceful life, she didn't hesitate to cover for her classmates when they got into a problem with other gangs and also didn't hesitate to fight at all. As time went on, her gang became more and more famous with the center of attention being the leader who was eventually dubbed "Princess" by everyone in the school due to her usual princess-like mannerism, her sadistic character like a dominating princess in fight along with the undefeated streak came with it.

Her school life continued on like that, until 2 months prior to graduation where her aggressive side made Ria revealed her true family name in a middle of major gang fight between schools, with a lot of bystanders. Since that day, kidnapping and murdering attempts rained on her, to no avail. She first thought that it was manageable, that she could deal with it without having to quit school as her father suggested.

Until one of her friends got caught up in an assault and was killed.

Ria quit school immediately and refused to let any of her friends meet her or even get close to her house. After just a week had passed, she was no longer in Italy. The mafia boss had arranged with trusted associate and had his daughter move over to US in order to avoid attention and continue with her desired life. Enrolling Somerset under the guise of transfer student with scholarship from Italy, Ria learned that this new school also had the gang system and fights would occur on a regular basis. This time, when she learned that her new classmate, Oyama Shuji, was the legendary "Cowboy" who still ran an almighty and powerful gang (according to a classmate sitting next to her who is actually Shuji's fangirl) she asked to join his gang immediately.
Fighting Style
Weapon(s):
Ria never bring weapons around. However, she is extremely well-versed in weapons, their basis, pros and cons, thanks to her intense tutoring in the past.

Aura:
Ria normally doesn't emit any visible aura even while fighting under the effect of Princess's Court. However, when she uses Lightning Strike, a trained eyes will be able to capture a bluish-white spark briefly emitted from the part of muscle she enhanced. In addition, once her other personality kicks in, she will start radiating a large, bright bluish-white aura like a lightning that knows nothing but the destruction of everything in its path.

Power:
Bio-electricity manipulation, a power to manipulate electric currents exist within all aspects of the body such as in the nervous system, heart and muscles. As such, she is unable to summon or control lightning, short circuit any electrical device or even charge her phone’s battery. That said, any single Ampere entering her body will all be considered a bio-electrical current. Therefore, by passively nullifying all currents from external sources, she becomes immune to all electrical damage ranging from stun gun to lightning strike.

Fighting Style:
While Ria had received a lot of training in martial arts of various styles, she never mastered or even tried to adopt a single one, partly because she could defeat all her tutors, considered to be masters in those styles, using only her power and style-less skill. To this day, she still defends herself without bothering to use any proper fighting style. After all, her techniques grant her a major advantage in dodging while also allowing her ordinary punch or kick to become an immensely powerful attack, and that's more than enough.

In her normal state, Ria usually fights in the safest way possible for both her and her opponent, prioritizing dodging attacks and incapacitating her opponents rather than inflicting damage, supported by layers of plans and fail-safes. However, once she is consumed by her other self, her sadistic tendency stands above all else, resulting in a feral, instinctual fighting style that aims to inflict as much damage as possible to her opponent.
Techniques
- Accelerated reflex - Princess's Court
It is commonly known that a human needs time to complete the sensory process, as in sense, comprehend and then response. For ordinary people, it would take around 0.30 seconds to complete all that and successfully perform a single action. This duration is based on the nerve conduction speed, a speed in which one's sensory organs and brain transmit nerve impulses across neurons in their body. Factors such as age, gender or combat experience and aptitude may increase or decrease it a bit, and there are even training methods known to specifically reduce this duration and enhance one's reflex. Generally speaking, a typical gangster in middle school has a reaction speed of 0.20-0.25 seconds per action while a high schooler might be able to reduce it a bit further due to their combat experience and more matured neurological system. Even then, reaching 0.15 seconds is already an exceptional feat for a professional level fighter, and hitting 0.10 seconds is essentially human's peak performance. It's absolutely impossible for an electrical signal in one's body to naturally travel with a speed greater than that.

Unless you can mess with that current directly.

By maximizing the speed of her own nerve conduction, Ria transcends human boundary by achieving a reaction speed of 0.04 seconds. In other words, during the short time span it takes for her opponent to perform one action, she can do more than four to five actions and decision making in the same amount of time, allowing something as irrational as seeing the opponent's choice of rock, paper or scissors before making her own. This technique Ria kept using but never revealed is the true reason behind her undefeated streak in the middle school.

The weakness of this technique actually lies in how it operates. While using this technique, Ria consumes a lot more stamina than usual because she must do more moves and decision making in order for it to be more effective, thus getting exhausted faster than others. For each acceleration, its effects last about 2-3 seconds. When she is in her uncontrolled state, she will do it back to back, giving her a full 2 minutes, or around 30-40 uses before she completely wears out. In her normal state, Ria saves the use of this technique for a specific, critical moment, allowing her to do it around 50-60 times in a single fight before reaching her limit.

- Focused boost - Lightning Strike
A human's muscle can be strengthened through multiple ways. Exercise and training can gradually build up its quality while a massive amount of adrenaline can temporarily give someone superhuman strength in a life or death situation. Then there's another method currently unknown even to today science.

By temporarily enhancing the electrical activity of her muscle the exact moment she is about to land an attack, Ria can strengthen that single attack significantly. The targeted muscle would be able to exert much more power without growing in size while also being resilient enough to withstand impacts, albeit momentarily. While she can also use it for defensive purpose, she finds dodging to be better way in every aspects and typically uses this technique solely for attacking.

- Energy Restoration
In a normal circumstance, Ria passively nullifies harmful electrical attacks from external sources, reducing their energy to zero. Instead of doing that, she can convert those loss energy into an electrical current and store them for her future muscle activity, effectively restoring her own stamina. This action requires a lot of concentration and can't be used while performing other actions, such as fighting.

- Organic Tuning
A technique Ria learned firsthand right after her friend is killed. By directly touching other's body (must be actual body part like a skin and not their clothing), she can extend the range of her power from herself to that person as long as she can maintain contact. By messing with one's bio-electricity, she can paralyze them for a certain amount of time, inflict intense pain and severe bodily damage that can't be matched by any conventional torture device or even kill them off by malfunctioning their heart. Conversely, she can also resuscitate someone who just died in the same manner as a defibrillator.

Last edited:
I think that most mafia’s have actual power, and his idea of gangs more or less just fight one another for no reason. I may be wrong though.

I think that most mafia’s have actual power, and his idea of gangs more or less just fight one another for no reason. I may be wrong though.
Of course I understand and you aren’t quite wrong. It’s just I jokingly said that xD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back