• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings [ searching . . . ]

nogitsune

trickster fox
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
i'm looking for either an original roleplay or one based around a few fandoms; the list can be found below, mostly looking for the animanga or video game based, so keep that in mind. even without mature content being involved, i do not roleplay with anyone under eighteen. ( also don't let my lowercase aesthetic throw you off, i do type normally when roleplaying. ) i also prefer to roleplay exclusively in pms. my rules can be viewed below. keep in mind that this list is prone to changing and i'm probably constantly updating it as my interests change.
rules.
notes. my ocs tend to get into some serious stuff such as addiction of various kinds ( alcohol & nicotine are the most prominent ); as this is integral to their character, i don't like removing it, so if that's something that makes you uncomfortable, probably don't interact with me! otherwise, triggers and the like will be noted at the top their blurb.

01.  i'm tenuous on doubling in general, even for fandom roleplays; i realise that's the norm, and will of course do so if that's what my partner wants. however, please note that i have to vibe with the chose love interest, the oc, & their relationship in order to double for series roleplays. i do not double for original roleplays. equally, i will write any pairing for my partner but i prefer nblm for my side. in the case of love triangles, i do not mind writing them for my partner, but my side will be a polyamorous relationship.
02.  i have no triggers, but i will not write plots involving pregnancy or cheating on my characters; i may write plots that involve them cheating on their shitty current s/o with the chosen love interest, however. i love dark themes, so unless you prefer to do otherwise, i will ask if you'd like to include things of that nature in the roleplay unless it has something to do with your triggers, which i will respect.
03.  i don't roleplay with anyone using the following faceclaims: phoebe tonkin ( shitty behaviour toward fans, among other reasons ) ┆ ben barnes ( racist apologist ) ┆ dove cameron ( heavily implied depression and such mental illnesses are a choice ) ┆ nina dobrev ( she just doesn't vibe with me ).
04.  i generally don't have proper character sheets and heavily prefer blurbs; it's not necessary for you to do the same. i more or less use the same character anyway, so don't be surprised if you see him around a lot; re-writing his information to fit a specific fandom over and over gets exhausting, but i will include any changes per universe in his blurbs.
05.  i don't request that my partners write a specific amount, as i tend to be very flexible with my post sizes; i usually write anywhere from 200-600 words on average, though i am fully capable of writing more. because writing the same size posts over and over again can get repetitive and exhausting, i don't mind ( and would prefer ) to keep them varied as there's really no need to reach a specific word count with me, even if my post is on the longer side. as long as there is something to reply to, then it's fine with me.
06.  i heavily request communication from my partners. if you're going to take a while to respond, let me know; if it's an emergency, i understand, but otherwise radio silence will only net you a block and dropping of the roleplay. include a fox gif in messages asking about roleplay. i try to let my partners know when i'm no longer interested, but sometimes i can be prone to just blocking and ghosting. generally, i don't care if you do the same, but otherwise, communication is a must.

re: original roleplays. anything using animated / drawn faceclaims. i like supernatural, fantasy ( medieval or urban ), and futuristic ( cyberpunk preferred ). i like plotlines that involve mutual, but oblivious pining, organised crime, arranged marriages, class differences, royalty pairings, enemies to lovers, and / or anything yandere ! alternatively: anything isekai i'm only looking to do nblm pairings and will not double up for originals.

i actually have a few storylines at the moment i'm really wanting to do ! but i'm also open to constructing something completely original / personalised to our interests as well.
the invitation
note: this storyline is based off the movie the invitation. you don't need to have seen the movie, as all the important information is provided as part of the plot. there will be dark and / or mature themes, such as talk of blood & gore, possessiveness / obsessiveness ( or both ), & potential for stockholm syndrome to name a few. i'd like to be character a.

Character A was orphaned rather young, and spent a lot of time in the foster care system because of it. However, seeking family as an adult, they purchased an ancestry test and found out they had a cousin. Intrigued, they contacted said cousin, who agrees to meet with them. During the meet, the cousin expresses interest in introducing Character A to their extended family during a wedding for another cousin of theirs; it's quite a huge decision, and although A is hesitant at first, they soon agree, and travel to London. The manor they arrive at is old and grand, with servants bustling about everywhere.

A eventually comes in contact with Character B, a strange and mysterious family friend who is visiting for the wedding. The two hit it off and start spending time with one another. However, A begins to grow suspicious and curious about the location of the bride and groom that the wedding was meant to be for. While A & B spend more time together and the wedding day closes in, A begins to notice stranger and stranger things about everyone at the manor, including B; it seems like B shows up at the most inopportune times, and everyone else brushes off the lack of bride & groom as family tradition to not be seen before the wedding. Some bad luck curse or something. Although A reluctantly accepts the explanation, that doesn't explain B's oddities.

Everything comes to a head when A meets a couple who claim to be part of the wedding party, and the two's strange demeanour toward them cause A to really examine all that has happened up until now. The couple inviting them out for the night starts well, but ends in tragedy, causing A to decide they wanted to leave. While packing, B shows their face again, begging A not to leave and promising that things would be better for them; that same night, they have their first true romantic moment together, and things seem to change for the better.

The wedding day approaches fast, and the day before the family invites A to a huge dinner in honour of the couple. A is curious and strangely excited to finally see what they look like and meet them, and is given beautiful formal attire by B to wear to the dinner. Things take a turn for the worst, however, when it's revealed that A & B are the couple to be; they have no choice, as both their family and B threaten their very life should they try to run away. What will become of A? Will they manage to escape? Or will they fall prey to the strange creature of the night B has revealed themself to be?
fox & hiker
notes: tw for suicidal ideation & mentions. based off the webcomic kitsune spirit. i'd like to be character b.
Character A's life has been pretty depressing lately, for some reason or another. Because of this, they've always had a hard time regulating their emotions and handling the responses to them. Ultimately, they feel like they've hit a dead-end in their life, and are ready to toss it all away; they don't see any other options, and because of that, they've decided to take one final hike up a mountain where they intend to do the deed. Their bag is packed, they've gotten all their supplies, they don't feel like they have any regrets about their decision.

About halfway up the mountain, however, they find a trapped fox spirit, who calls to them. Character B playfully teases A about their intentions, displaying they somehow knew why the hiker was there on the mountain. They try to convince A to undo their bindings, and at first A is sceptical, until B promises they'll grant A whatever they wish for if they help. A agrees and frees the fox, already knowing what they want from them.

Things go awry when B not only refuses to grant their wish, but goes out of their way to not let A die; they follow A all the way up the mountain, and stop them when A actually tries to go through with it. They don't try to talk A out of it, but they do stop them for whatever reason; the fox never elaborates on why. B always claims they just have their reasons.

And now, with a fox spirit clinging to them, A agrees to descend the mountain with B in tow, who intends to spend the rest of A's life giving them reasons to keep living.
my s/o is a kitsune ?!
notes: based off my girlfriend is a gumiho, which i just think is neat. it's basically slice-of-life-y kinda deal with a human teaching an old fox how to navigate the world while also attending to their needs ( for food, to learn, etc ). details are kind of hyperspecific, but don't really need to be 100% accurate; i just wanted to get the point across. i'd like to be character b.

Character A is a relentless troublemaker who always gets bailed out by their family ─ at first it was their parents, but after a tragic accident that left them living with their grandfather, that changed. Their grandfather wasn't the type to let them get away with so much, and as such, always demands the best from A; he pays their university tuition, and in return, demands that they keep up their grades. For the most part, A is capable of following through, but they still manage to get into trouble.

However, the most recent event is . . . not something they can tell their grandfather. For one day, while A was running away from their grandfather after being placed on what can only be noted as glorified house arrest from the old man, they manage to get stuck in the rain in the middle of nowhere. However, after some trudging through mud and muck, they finally find a temple, where a monk agrees to let them stay in the storage shed for the night as long as they promise not to go near the shrine, which everyone in the area knows holds a powerful beast that has been locked away for centuries. A agrees, but soon finds they have trouble sleeping.

Late in the night, while trying to call someone for help, A hears a voice calling out to them, whom they assume is the person they're trying to call at first . . . except they end up getting tricked into entering the shrine. Before they even really realise it, A has soon undone the binding holding the monster inside. While A runs for their life, the beast chases until everything goes black.

A wakes up with a person standing over them, curiously staring down at them. Character B claims to be the creature that was bound to the shrine, explaining that they're a fox spirit who, because A has released them, saved A's life after they ' died. ' A refuses to believe it, thinking B is just a normal human being, despite B adamantly claiming that they're something so much more. A manages to get away from B eventually, returning to school to find that they've been cut off entirely from their only remaining family, and having to rely on friends for help. However, while doing so, they inquire curiously about what their friends might know about the fox spirit B claims to be, the information sinking in and causing A to fear for not only their life, but their friends' as well.

It isn't until B shows up to retrieve the pearl keeping A alive from them, later that night, that the true realisation sinks in after seeing B's powers. B attempts to take the item . . . but seemingly decides against it, allowing A to continue living for now.

However, trouble should soon arise in the form of a hunter who desperately wants to get their hands on B, and knows just how to do so now that B is vulnerable due to losing their pearl.

re: fandom roleplays. i'm willing to double up ( do canon / oc with us playing one of each ), but only if i vibe with the oc, canon, & pairing. i'm also willing to do canon / canon for your side, if that floats your boat ! otherwise, i'll be doing canon / oc with an nblm pairing for my side of things. i also ask that my partners be open to the potential for aus and canon divergence, as i find that it adds an extra layer to make roleplays more interesting. like mentioned below, i generally don't like playing whichever love interests are listed for others; i understand sometimes it's unavoidable. if we share love interests, you can still list them when contacting me and i'll generally tell you if i will / won't play them. additionally, this is not an exhaustive list; if you tell me your fandom interests, i'll likely find some overlap between us and point it out. otherwise, you can ask and i'll let you know if i've heard of it.
fandom interests.
keep in mind that this is currently what i'm interested in; i have a large array of other interests sitting in the background, but these are my hyperfixations !

( series ⸻ ┇ love interests ⸻ ┇ characters i won't play ( i usually don't roleplay the love interests mentioned ). )

chainsaw man ⸻ ┇ denji. ⸻ ┇ makima.
hellsing ⸻ ┇ alucard or the captain. ⸻ ┇ alexander anderson.
jujutsu kaisen ⸻ ┇ sukuna, toji, or naoya. ⸻ ┇ n/a.
k project ⸻ ┇ mikoto suoh. ⸻ ┇ n/a.

call of duty: modern warfare ⸻ ┇ simon "ghost" riley or könig. ⸻ ┇ phillip graves.
devil may cry ⸻ ┇ dante, vergil, or nero. ⸻ ┇ vergil. *please be knowledgeable of the series outside of dmcv.
metal gear ⸻ ┇ liquid snake / eli. raiden. revolver ocelot / adamska. ⸻ ┇ n/a.
like mentioned, i only have character blurbs and that's all i'll ever have unless i change my mind in the future; you can come with full on character sheets, but do not expect them from me. additionally, if you aren't cool with lgbt+ characters & pairings, i won't roleplay with you ! i've had people ask that i change my characters to be cis before, especially, and i'm never doing that again, so just avoid me / don't interact if trans characters don't vibe with you. i'm open to playing any gender pairing for my partner in the case of doubles; i am not the best with het ( mlw ) pairings, but i'm willing to give them a shot.

in any case, please if you'd like to roleplay with me, please send me a message introducing yourself with your name & pronouns; include what you'd be interested in roleplaying, ( and in the case of fandom roleplays any love interests, & characters you won't play).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back