• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings Searching...

v01taire

based absurdist
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
I'm looking for a roleplay partner. Preferably someone who is male or is able to play male. (I'm open to FxF but I'm craving a stereotypical FxM pairing). I am always actively crafting and writing plots of prompts but I do love to create worlds/structures/stories with my roleplay partner.

About me and my rps:
- Literate/Semi
- Third person only
- Only oc's (I do not rp as or with canon characters, never has been my thing)
- Ghost friendly
- I'm extremely picky with who I choose to roleplay with. I've been roleplaying for awhile and I can typically tell if I will 'click' with someone after the third or fourth exchange.

Please forgive me for the lack of formatting, I'm new to RPNation.

Ripples
The destruction of the Old World began with the creation of a new one. When did it all begin to collapse? Surprisingly it had begun way before anyone ever thought that it did. It happened decades before the infamous turn of the century, before the predicted Mayan apocalypse in 2012, and even before the creation of the avant-garde internet. To be specific, it all began, or began to end, in the ancient year of 1957. Yes, surprising isn’t it? Many believe that the world was truly doomed after the seventh world war, but little did they know that the clock had begun ticking down centuries ago.

1957, the year that the first multimedia augmented and virtual reality device was introduced. They called it the “Sensorama.” It was crude technology, and took place in a theatre, giving its audience and users a unique experience. The creator, Morton Heilig, was a genius, arguably one of the Old World’s brightest and sharpest minds, having discovered and created perhaps the earliest thing similar to the internet. From then on our technology only progressed. The creation of the personal computer, internet, laptop, flip phone, smart phone, and eventually the revolutionary holoBracelet. Along with our technology, our weapons and war tactics evolved did as well. As the stakes rose so did our greed for power. Little did Heilig know that he had caused the end of the Old World.

The Old World was truly destroyed directly after the 12th world war in 5087. Atomic bombs and nuclear radiation had destroyed nearly everything, livestock, continents, food, us. It was hopeless. New diseases emerged too fast for us to discover a cure, and bacteria matured too fast for us to create vaccines. Our food sources died or had been poisoned by radiation. Mutant creatures, a result of many genetic alteration experiments, killed all of our livestock, along with a vast majority of our species. Pollution and toxic waste coated our once glimmering streets making it impossible to travel. Deranged men and creatures roamed the chaotic world freely, preying on the sick and weak. Men lost their morals, lost faith in the laws that had supported our society for so long. Tribal-esque wars were waged over who would claim the little salvageable land that we had left, and even then those conflicts resulted in us destroying the last patches of the natural world. We had far too many problems for us to fix. So we didn’t.

We simply ignored all of our many issues, creating a city where the remaining human population was supposed to repopulate and replenish itself. Even then, we were not immune to the threat of plague or starvation. A quiet grumbling slowly increased to the shoutings of a coupe. To quell the people, the administration instituted the help of a tech supergiant, inquiring about what would satiate the masses. One answer was finally reached after years and years of deliberation. We had to give them a utopia, something that could distract them from the wasteland we now all existed in. Providing traditionally low-income, low-employed communities with compensation for their work in the form of virtual reality, proved to lift the spirits of said community. No one got sick in this new, virtual city. No one truly dies in this world, that is, unless they want to. In the virtual world, one could be anything they desired, they could satisfy their unreachable desires or their darkest expressions. But we quickly became bored with our new world. How was it fun if we had to leave? Of course, we needed to eat, sleep, and take care of ourselves, but why couldn’t we do that in the virtual world?

All of our prayers and questions were answered by one man. The man with all the answers, all the resources, and all the brains, Adam Hoi. It was he who brought about new technology and shaped it into what we now call, the Echo. With the creation of the Echo technology, you wouldn’t be able to just go into the virtual world, you became a part of it.

Even with the Echo, we quickly grew bored. Since anyone could be anything, there was nothing to satisfy our most basic biological urge to survive, we had no purpose. Luckily, we had plenty of solutions. Streaming, a technique stolen from the early 2000’s, was implemented. With the participant’s consent of course, their every move could be monitored, and broadcasted to everywhere in this Virtual World. So Ripples was born. Ripples was much like a reality television show, except, the audience could interact with these beings. They could vote for or against, comment, like, dislike, and even send Credits to any of the Wave-Makers.

No more of that dangerous social media, or the chaotic and unorganized internet. Here in Ripples, everyone was watching, and the Wave-Makers? Well, they did all they could to make it to the very top of the scoreboard, and stay there. So the rankings were introduced, the Watchers were compensated, and the Wave-Makers, idolized. What happened to former Wave-Makers, who had plummeted to the very bottom of the charts? They vanished, gone. The system cleared them out. After all, they were just a waste of memory and storage, so what use was there for them?

Virtual Reality was our escape, and the destruction of reality itself, was our excuse.

I'll be updating this post as regularly as possible.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back