• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings Searching: The Sequel (pref: m//)

sourfoxx

컵케이크
Hello! For a while, I was just perusing the threads of others but I think it's time to toss mine back out there--
  • About Me: female, mid-twenties, graduate student and full-time instructional designer. Living life. Uh. Yeah.
  • I have a preference for mxm, especially as a main, but I've been known to write it all.
  • I like having one or two main characters and then side characters as the plot calls for them. Something that happens organically, y'know? Sometimes they're just a NPC, sometimes they take on a life of their own!
  • I generally write anywhere between three paragraphs and several (1k+). For the most part, I try to adapt to my partner and the situation. If we're doing dialogue I'm gonna keep it short, if I'm setting up a scene it'll be a bit hefty-- go with the flow.
  • If you can match the grammar and whatnot I've used in this then we'll be fine.
  • I am an adult. Sorry, but you also have to be an adult. Not an nsfw thing, just an awkward thing.
  • I am pretty chill. Post when you can, don't stress it when life gets crazy. As you just read I am an adult with a job, graduate school, and a life, and sometimes I have other things to do. In general, I'll post once a day or every other day, sometimes as much as two or three times a day, or only once a week if I'm busy. I'll do my best to let you know what's going on and I'd prefer the same.
  • Communicate! If you aren't feeling what's going on just let me know. We can talk about it or we can part ways, I'm cool regardless. I'm happy to talk anything out so we can both enjoy this as much as possible and if we don't click then no hard feelings.
  • That being said if you wanna dip without notice that's cool. It happens.
  • I like almost everything. No, seriously. I have a preference for sci-fi and historical stuff but I also enjoy some fantasy, Korean stuff, a few fandoms, I'm trying to get into slice-of-life, etc. I dunno a little bit of it all. I really like world building most of the time so that tends to affect what I write.
I am kind of crap at coming up with the original plot seed (though I have a one or two!) but if you can bring me that seed I swear on my dog's honor that I will be an enthusiastic plot partner with lots of ideas to help that seed grow! Speaking of: you should also help. Don't send me a single sentence saying "that's cool" or "I agree" or "Sure" or basically anything that doesn't contribute. We gotta work together, even if it's just you asking questions to get the creativity flowing!

At the moment I'm kind of up for anything but if pressed maybe something...
  • anything historical, especially ancient times. rome is my jam, but egypt, china, korea, honestly anything. i love historical settings and though i have some that i already know well, i don't mind studying something new. i also like turning ancient gender roles upside down. so like a male gisaeng/geisha, male vestal virgin, female spartan warrior, etc. or not-- traditional is cool, too.
  • kinda feeling something super dark, maybe even a little less historical than ancient times, around the Victorian era? maybe an asylum type role-play? y'know, back in the days where just about anything could get you locked up and you were never heard from again-- basically something inspired by Stonehearst Asylum (movie).
  • lemme build a world with you, I don't even care what it is let's just create something new. sci-fi, apocalyptic, historical, fantasy, whatever let's just do it.
  • fandoms: Arc of the Scythe, Ready Player One, Red Rising, I'd love to try writing the Stiles to someone's Derek, ummm...may add more later.
I'm so sorry this is so long I just wanted to cover all my bases I'll stop now...let's go! Feel free to message or leave a comment~

Last edited:
sourfoxx sourfoxx I'm imagining a setting where a Western-inspired steampunk world clashes with a far East-inspired world of magic, and there's a struggle between machinery and magic. I'm not sure of a plot though.

Hello, hello! I'm also a big fan of heavy historical RPs, cyberpunk, and RPs with more mature/dark themes too them if you're still looking for partners! I'd love to chat out some things and see if we can come up with something cool :0

Hello, hello! I'm also a big fan of heavy historical RPs, cyberpunk, and RPs with more mature/dark themes too them if you're still looking for partners! I'd love to chat out some things and see if we can come up with something cool :0
Messaged! ^^

Hello there! If you’re ever up for a mxf pairing, let me know. I’m just putting it out there because I know you said mxm. I totally understand if you rather not though. I personally don’t main a male character because I’m not comfortable with it.

Anyways, let me know if you might be interested and maybe we can come up with something!

Hello there! If you’re ever up for a mxf pairing, let me know. I’m just putting it out there because I know you said mxm. I totally understand if you rather not though. I personally don’t main a male character because I’m not comfortable with it.

Anyways, let me know if you might be interested and maybe we can come up with something!
Ohmygoodness I thought I replied to this, I'm sorry! I don't think I'm in the mood at the moment but I'll keep you in mind. ^^

Hey there!

I'd totally be down to throw some plot ideas at each other and build something from the ground up! If you're feeling up to it or still looking for a partner, feel free to message me!

Last edited:
Awe you seem super cool, I would love to plot some ideas with you if you want! Honestly I love the Victorian era asylum idea but I also love the idea of a sci-fi setting 🤭 I’ve never really gotten to officially rp that kind of genre before!

We have quite a few compatible interests. I'd love to RP with you. However, I should throw it out there that I no longer do MxM romantic relationships in RP's(platonic is fine). I've had too many bad experiences with them. If that's not a dealbreaker then we can certainly try to plan something.

We have quite a few compatible interests. I'd love to RP with you. However, I should throw it out there that I no longer do MxM romantic relationships in RP's(platonic is fine). I've had too many bad experiences with them. If that's not a dealbreaker then we can certainly try to plan something.

Sure! I'm here for the story more than anything else. ^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Back