• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Searching long-term literate partner

nightelfcrawler

Hello everyone, I've been having some more cravings for story lately and decided to re-post an ad to see if I could find someone that matches my preferences.

I'm a literate writer, who would like to find someone similar minded who I can come up with some awesome stories with. Not just one, but if we get bored and find ourselves still a good pair, we come up with another. I love longer style posts, but I'm willing to tailor my length to my partner. I will not however be satisfied with just a few short sentences, unless we're doing rapid-fire live RP. I usually ask for several lengthy, thoughtful paragraphs that progress the story.

As for age, not that it means a lot here, but I'm old as snot. I had an electric typewriter before my school started requiring 'word processing' about when Windows 95 came out. So yes, I'm an old crazy cat lady. I'd prefer to story build with adults, under 18 is definately out. It just would be too much of an age gap and I find I have nothing in common with the younger generations. Nothing personal. On the plus side, I've been roleplaying online since about 2000. So lots of experience.

My interests are mostly in original fantasy for the moment, as I have shifted away from fandoms.

I will roleplay via any of the following:
DMs/ PMs, but not on threads others can see. I'm not a fan of sharing private stories with people I don't work with.
Instant messages on Google Chat for rapid-fire style
Google Drive documents
Emails.

Interests:

- I'm obsessed with anything dragon. I don't mind some demons thrown in.
- I'm ok with shifters or werewolves as the good guys. Not really into vampires unless they're not the usual stereotype.
- I love taking stereotypes or tropes and flipping them opposite what's expected.
- I'm big on the 'less is more' approach when it comes to magic and powers. Too much means no wonder.
- M/F only for the main characters. I don't mind side-characters being other pairings, but they would be side for story only, not 2nd mains. Nothing against these pairings, it just doesn't interest me for romance.
- I usually play the male character, but I'm open to doing the female if you have a male character to pair.
- Romance is a plus, and I don't mind explicit, but that must be secondary to story.
- I don't shy away from gritty, dark, violent themes. However I won't do child torture/abuse, and I don't like playing with characters who are hopelessly mired in their woes and inconsolable and overly dramatic beyond reason. I love angst and drama. But there is a limit to how much I can handle at once. I don't want to play nursemaid or therapist to someone seriously disturbed.

Concepts:

Real world introduced to magic suddenly / apocalyptic setting
Future setting but seems to be another world as our world has been forgotten (ala Shannara series)
Transformations both physical and emotional, situations out of control of the characters that force change/development
I love human x anything else relationships. So long as it's not creepy and weird.
Kudos if you take a common theme overly-used in fantasy and twist and morph it into a pretzel.

I am always willing to discuss ideas with people. Not everything sticks, but sometimes we luck out and find we're compatible with ideas and styles.
Send me a DM to get started and we can start the conversation.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back