• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Chimeric

strut
Roleplay Availability
Hello rpn, I am really craving a dragon rider, war on dragons and fight for dragons type of thread of which I am not seeing a lot of. Something that focuses on the characters, both potentially human or humanoid and dragon, the bonds they may or may not share. I'm not looking for something with Canon characters from shows and fandoms, nor am I looking for something that has to be overly complicated.

I'm also looking for something within this to be open to mature and realistic themes, politics (albeit fictional), angst, mature themes (within rules), of quality in replies (no one liners) and maybe employ the theme of dragons having different basic elements. Something with a medieval, fantasy vibe.

If there are threads that are active and accepting i haven't seen them, I'm more than willing to check them out. Otherwise if anyone is interested in something like this let me know too!

I'm down for something with a group of dragon slayers set out to kill the dragons that plague the land. If you can recruit others around that notion, I'd definitely be interested.

As far as other recruitment threads about dragons, this one was recently up. The way the covo went to deciding what they were going to do quickly led to something I was totally NOT interested in. But I dunno if you'd be interested in it.

Im not looking for something necessarily sci fi or with mechanical myself. Thank you for trying though, its is a cool idea, just not something I'm interested in either.

I am open to something with both dragon slaying and dragon riding and rescuing if you will. Perhaps something where dragon hunting is a norm, maybe even a rite of passage. Maybe slayers get an elemental buff depending on the type of dragon they slay (with the weapon they used of course).

Im not looking for something necessarily sci fi or with mechanical myself. Thank you for trying though, its is a cool idea, just not something I'm interested in either.

I am open to something with both dragon slaying and dragon riding and rescuing if you will. Perhaps something where dragon hunting is a norm, maybe even a rite of passage. Maybe slayers get an elemental buff depending on the type of dragon they slay (with the weapon they used of course).
Is up to you... typically, I forego magic stuff in my characters, even if there is magic in the RP setting. The character type I had in mind would be one that holds a grudge against dragon kind as they killed a good portion (but not all) of her family. She was no one special before this, a fisherman's daughter or something. No military background, no magic capacity. Just a burning ember of vengeance in her heart. She lost her kin at a young age, and since then she vied to join up with slayers and has worked her way up in their standing. Basically, has made it her life's work to kill as many dragons as she can before she inevitably gets killed in the process.

As you can tell, I've had this concept on a backburner for a while. I just also never really find very many dragon groups out there. At least, not in the flavor I'd require for me to actually have this character in play. I tried GMing this setting once, but people flake out and ghost and say they are interested but then don't step up, or take WAY too long to get their CS in, etc.

... so I don't GM anymore.

Last edited:
I do believe no matter what setting given we seem to share the same general vibe we want for a dragon thread your character would be able to fit here. I'm not really strongly opinionated on denying magic or making it exclusively magical. But that it not be an overpowered element to the story.

I'm not wanting to be restrictive or complex on dragons or make a bestiary for them, aside from maybe elements. Kind of let what everyone would like to do with them so long as they aren't overpowered (though they are meant to be a formidable force), like the use of magic.

I do believe no matter what setting given we seem to share the same general vibe we want for a dragon thread your character would be able to fit here. I'm not really strongly opinionated on denying magic or making it exclusively magical. But that it not be an overpowered element to the story.

I'm not wanting to be restrictive or complex on dragons or make a bestiary for them, aside from maybe elements. Kind of let what everyone would like to do with them so long as they aren't overpowered (though they are meant to be a formidable force), like the use of magic.

I don't mind magic in a setting. In fact, it's great f it's included so that I can have my character not use it. lol
But yeah, i hate OP magic, where it's the solution and cause of every problem Fuck Harry Potter

I didn't mean anything specific by sharing the bestiary, tbh. Was just like a "here's the thing i made from that stuff I was talking about" sorta motion. lol
Anyhow, depending on how much more interest you might be able to gather on this, I'll be waiting around backstage.

Yes, also anyone viewing if you'd like to add your thoughts & ideas, you're very welcome to, what are you interested in seeing in this if it hasn't been mentioned? Any concerns?

Also to place your interest if you are interested ~

Last edited:
Chimeric Chimeric
Here's two more that have cropped up. I guess Dragon RPs are trending now. lol

Edit: And a THIRD one! Definitely trending

Users who are viewing this thread

Back