• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings Searching for partners

Kittensmew

Hit Me!
Hi! I am hoping to jump back into roleplaying after taking a break for a few years. I may be a tiny bit rusty after my break, but prior to said break I had roleplayed for several years. I'm not all that picky when it comes to most topics regarding roleplay. However, I will list a few preferences. Even though I do have a few preferences, I'm honestly willing to try pretty much anything.
  • I typically prefer animal based roleplays. These are what I have the most experience with.
  • I tend to aim for at least a paragraph or two per reply. I have no problem with doing more paragraphs. That being said, I'm not super picky with response length. As long as replies are longer than just a short, single sentence, it's okay by me! Not super picky about perfect grammar, either.
  • I'm not super big on playing canon characters within fandoms. I much prefer to create my own characters.
  • I prefer to brainstorm together on plot ideas so we can both come up with something we'd enjoy together!
Apologies if my post seems a bit on the vague side. I honestly am open to at least giving most things a try. I'm just looking forward to hopefully finding some partners to discuss potential plots with!

After a bit of digging, I'm going to add some old plots of mine here, as well a few newer ideas. At the time, a few of these were created only with animals in mind. However, most could easily be adjusted with human characters instead. I really wouldn't mind, and honestly would love to branch out into something new. So let me know if you see one you like but would rather have human characters. I also have no issue with tweaking/adding on to these in one way or another if one catches your eye. I would happily work together to come up with a plot, too! Just adding these in case someone might find interest in one or two of them.

Recent police reports in a small town detail several sudden disappearances. With evidence being practically non-existent and providing few answers, these reports are swept under the rug. A few locals claim they had been seeing and hearing unexplainable things as of late. Rumors float throughout the town about sightings of some sort of beastly creature. Two friends decide to take matters into their own hands and set out to investigate further. With a little prepping, the pair set out together and soon stumble upon a cave in the nearby woods. Upon closer inspection, they notice that a slight slope inside leads down into an entire cave system. Character A is amazed by this beautiful cave and insists on exploring it. Character B, on the other hand, is more hesitant about that idea. Ignoring B's protest, A begins to head into the cave. B reluctantly, perhaps even fearing being left alone, follows after A. After the two reach the bottom of the slope, the ground suddenly begins to shake. Looking back to the top of the slope, the two realize that a large pile of rocks now blocks the entrance. With no way to clear the blockage, A and B have no choice but to keep moving forward. Are the recent reports truly backed by mere rumors, or is something more sinister lurking nearby?

Character A wakes up alone in a forest lush with vegetation. They have no memories as to where they are, or even who they are. Character B is a high ranking knight of the Kingdom of Nerin. The kingdom is under the rule of King Orion and Queen Naomi. B is out patrolling the kingdom perimeter alone when they run into A. Being B's duty to protect the kingdom, they immediately question A. When A has no answers to give, B insists on taking them back to the kingdom. Frightened and confused by the whole ordeal, A makes a break for it and manages to slip away from B. In doing so, B becomes convinced that A was lying and is up to no good. B returns to the kingdom and informs the King and Queen of the situation. Now wanted, B is determined to track down A.

Character A is a wolf that had been abandoned at a young age. Character B is a domesticated dog that resides in an abandoned barn near the forest. Having once been a pet, B has since lost their owners and was left on their own. Stumbling upon a young, abandoned A, B takes them under their wing and brings them home. They develop a sort of foster parent relationship with A. However, as A grows into an adolescent, they begin noticing the differences between themselves and their adoptive parent. Beginning to feel a strong, instinctual pull towards the nearby forest, A dreams of leaving to start their own life. B does not like this idea, and attempts to convince A to stay.

Alternatively, I think "Growing Apart" could also be fun with a bit of tweaking and other creatures in mind. It would follow the basic dynamic of ending up with a foster parent and child type relationship as the above plot. In this plot, Character B would more so struggle with trying to control Character A's "animal side" and teaching them right from wrong.

Character A is a hybrid of a human and any type of carnivorous animal. Raised primarily with their animalistic side in mind, they soon leave their family to live a life of their own. Character B is a human living alone in their house in the woods, having lost their family in an accident years prior. One night B is awoken by some noises outside and goes to investigate. B spots A in the middle of hunting and eating a deer. Uncertain of what else to do, and having absolutely no idea what this creature even is, B fires their gun at A. Hit, although not fatally, A retreats. Afraid to pursue, B returns to bed with the intention of investigating further when the sun rises. In the morning B follows the trail of blood left behind. They soon find a wounded, but very much still alive A. Despite having no idea what A is, B recognizes that they appear young and at least somewhat resemble human features. Feeling guilty, B carefully attempts to communicate with A, trying to offer help. Much to B's surprise, A seems to know a limited amount of English. Finally able to get A to understand, B brings them home to treat their wound.

Long ago, many cats practiced magic together in a small kingdom. However, once the latest King took the throne, the use of magic was outlawed. Those caught still practicing within the kingdom were either jailed or banished. Only a select few were permitted to continue the use of magic, mainly those tasked with ensuring the King's safety. Unbeknownst to the kingdom above, a city lost to time dwells below. Many that practice magic seek refuge within this hidden city. Character A, heir to the throne, is uncertain and hesitant for the day they will become the next ruler. Having most aspects of their life controlled by their father, the only life they know is lonely and planned out for them. The few times they do have an opportunity to sneak out into the kingdom, they hide under a cloak and mask so as to not be recognized. Actively practicing magic, although not the best and still learning, Character B resides in the city below. The two worlds meet when A has a minor accident that leads to them discovering the city hidden below their kingdom, stumbling into B.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back