• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Searching for a fairy tale-type roleplay

A bit about me: I'm a 21 year old woman that's been roleplaying through most of my teen years, but I've gotten back into it and still crave writing in my adult life. I consider myself at least somewhat literate. I like to write at least 3-5 paragraphs per post (although I often write more depending on content). While I strive to post once a day (more if I'm particularly inspired), this has become difficult with my working lifestyle, so I'm looking for someone patient and understanding.

I love high fantasy. I personally enjoy some darker and grittier themes. I like to play multiple characters of all varieties and backgrounds, but my typical main character is male. I enjoy writing mean characters, or characters that can't be trusted, etc. I enjoy romance, but I don't like to focus on it or force it. I also like LGBTQ themes, because I relate to them, but I don't expect them if you don't find interest in them.

What I'm looking for: I'm looking for a partner that also enjoys high fantasy because that's what's been on my mind lately. I prefer someone 18+ that is cool with playing multiple characters as they come along. I'm looking for a partner with well-rounded characters, with flaws and failures. I don't want to sound like a snob, but I'd like a partner that takes some pride in their spelling and grammar, and someone that likes collaborative stories and discussing ideas.

These are some rough drafts of a couple ideas that have been playing in my head recently. Recently, I've been especially interested in the tropes of shapeshifters and "deals with the devil." I'm interested in hearing anybody else's ideas or their take on these. I've bolded the character that I prefer to play.

1.) Character A has recently been changed into a were-beast, struggling (and failing) to control the curse. After finding someone dead by their hand the morning after a full moon, they run away from home. Having almost given up hope, by pure luck they begin to smell something... inhuman. Character A follows the scent to Character B and confronts them. They seems to have some answers... and an offer to save Character A from their dreadful fate. Character B claims to be able to control the curse, if only Character A will return them with a favor. Character A accepts the offer, desperate, but later discovers that Character B is not what they seem. Instead, they have made a deal with a demon, who plans on harnessing Character A's powers for evil purposes.

2.) I was picturing this to be kind of set in a fairy-tale type fantasy world. A dragon has threatened a town for years-- demanding regular sacrifice of food/treasure in return for their mercy. In recent months, the dragon has ventured outside its hoard to kill innocents from the kingdom and destroy homes. Character A is a hero from the kingdom (perhaps of magical descent?) with the quest to enter the hoard. They successfully make their way into the ruins, and instead, they find what appears to be a human-- Character B. Character B tells them that they are the dragon, trapped by a witch to do her bidding. They offer Character A a great reward to help them break the spell.

3.) This one is based off an idea I saw on Reddit r/writingprompts and it really interested me. Character A is cursed. Once someone stops looking at them, they forget them completely. After being driven mad by the curse, Character A seeks help from the only place left they can think of. They take a journey to the mountains to seek help from Character B, a reclusive magician with a reputation for curing curses... but not without a price.

4.) Character A was abandoned at birth, and adopted by a human family. After they reach adulthood, they receive a message that the last member of their family has died. They discover that their family was of notable magical background, unintentionally leaving them with land and property. They are also left with a familiar; a shapeshifting servant, Character B, bound to serve the family.

The world I'm picturing for this is one where fantasy is normal, but it could also be a supernatural, human-based world. As to whether Character A figured out they had magical lineage, that's up to you. There's quite a few possibilities as to where we could go with this story.

If any of these ideas interest you, and you think we'd be good partners, I look forward to brainstorming!

Hi! 20 year old female and fellow lover of fantasy here. My roleplaying skills are quite rusty and English is my second language, but I try to make up for it by doing the best I can so I hope you can bear with me haha. I try to match my partner's length, but the only thing I can promise is that I'll never give you one liners.

I'm happy to do a rp with lgbt themes, and I don't mind playing any gender. Generally however, I prefer a roleplay where plot comes before romance. If our characters through the story turns out to have great romantic potential then that's great, but if they instead turn out to be long lost brothers or whatever then I'd at least like there to be some room for that to theoretically happen.

I quite like the idea of your first plot as I've recently toyed with the idea of a richman's daughter turned into a werewolf - desperate to return back to normal. She's still fairly bare bones, but what I have seems like it would fit well with the scenario you're describing.

I also have two plot ideas I've had in mind lately should they catch your interest:
Dragon and Villager
Dragons and humans have for decades had a tentative truce. The villagers don't go bothering the dragons for taking some livestock now and then, and in return the dragons don't burn down entire villages in a fit of fury. That is until something starts killing entire flocks of livestocks as well as destroying the crops. The villagers, thinking it's the dragon's work send character A (who either volunteered or was forced into it) to the nearest dragon's den, character B, in an attempt to make it stop. Character B vehemently denies draconic involvement, but upon hearing character A's description of the events mentions that they might know what's going on and that it means trouble for both dragons and villagers alike. Then character A/B decides that they'll just have to stop this, whilst character B/A decides to come along. In order to stand a chance they have to go the capital and dragoncourt alike, gathering resources and warning both populations.

Exiles
Character A and B gets both exiled from the local town at the same time although not under the same circumstances (maybe they were framed for the same crime, or committed two different crimes? Point is, they weren't directly involved in each other's reason for exile and might not know why the other was exiled) As it is generally considered suicidal to live outside the safety of town borders, their safest bet would be making their way to another town and start a life there. There's safety in numbers, so their best bet would be to travel together. However our characters are either longstanding rivals, or strangers who got off to a very rocky start meaning that collaborating in an attempt to survive in the wilderness definitely won't be without its challenges.

I’d be interested in plot 3 or 4!! I’m a 20 year old female and try to post everyday!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back