What's new
  • If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings searching | fantasy, futuristic or historical

Sub Genres
  1. Cyberpunk
  2. Dystopian
  3. Historical
  4. LGTBQ
  5. Magical
  6. Mystery
  7. Platonic
  8. Romance
  9. Supernatural

Fortuna

at midnight, darkest hour
Hello my loves,
after a brief hiatus I am once again looking for new roleplaying partners!

⭒ You can call me Fey, or Fortuna.
⭒ I am in my mid-twenties and would prefer it if you were also 20+.
⭒ I really love writing detailed posts and am always down for a novella length type roleplay, but I'm currently also craving something a bit more fast-paced and casual! Just let me know what kind of style you like to do and we can roll with that.
⭒ I like writing all genders and any kind of romantic pairing.
⭒ Third person, past tense preferred, but would be totally fine with present tense as well.
⭒ I really enjoy playing multiple characters, but I also like to just focus on two characters and have them be the centre of the roleplay. I love slowburn romance, friendships as the focus point of the story, cheesy stuff, more gritty & dramatic stuff, just...many things. I'm an easily excitable person in general I guess aha.
⭒ I'm super patient with response times. If you can only reply once every two weeks or even once a month - cool! No pressure at all. Ideally, I can post about once a week depending on the length of my reply and my schedule, but I of course can't always 100% promise that.

Moving on to plots - I don't have any fully fleshed-out ideas, just some loose thoughts that I think would be fun to do! We can decide on further details together.

FANTASY
⭒ A newly appointed royal guard has to find a cure for the mysterious illness the heir to the throne and several memebers of the court have fallen prey to. An ambitious aristocrat with a bad reputation offers their help, but the guard fears they might have an ulterior motive.
⭒ A recently turned vampire has to navigate the courts and customs of their ancient brethren for the first time.
⭒ A soldier/general is forced to confront a horrible deity their unit has started to worship out of fear in the middle of a war.
⭒ A story about a contest/competition of sorts that is annually hosted in our kingdom, like a gladiator-esque tournament, with an incomparably valuable prize for the victor. This round, one of our characters signs up.
⭒ An academy for mages, but with a bit of a darker twist: the magic taught there is blood magic/some other type of forbidden magic.

FUTURISTIC
⭒ A rebellion is rising up against an oppressive dictator.
⭒ An important trade city is run by a ruthless underground crime ring. A police officer is tasked with clearing the city of all illegal operations by infiltrating the crime ring and destroying it from within.
⭒ The sole survivor of a massacre finds refuge in a neighbouring city. They say their city was not razed by humans, but by nightmarish monsters. A group of soldiers is sent to investigate.

HISTORICAL
I have no real idea for this yet, but I would absolutely adore to do a roleplay set in medieval Russia. The plot can revolve around anything, really - court politics, war, aristocratic families, class struggles, life in the countryside, harsh winters etc. Alternative settings: ancient Greece or Rome, imperial China/Japan, the Ottoman Empire. We can add a fantasy element to this as well, maybe related to folk tales of the country/time period we choose to do!

Some more general themes I'd be interested in writing about: political intrigue, power struggles, fated lovers, greek mythology, any sort of mythical creatures, religious themes, monsters & paranormal stuff, covens, fae courts, utopian or dystopian societies.

And that's all for now, I'd love to hear from you if any of this sounds interesting to you!

Lichen8404

*+I'm trying, I promise.+*
I really like the vampire plotline! Would you be playing the new vampire, or would I? If its ok with you, I'd like to use my own sort of species/subrace that are somewhat similar to vampires but survive on flesh rather than blood. They're still undead, and still blend into human crowds, and reanimate because of a burning grudge against someone. Usually those who hurt them in life. Exes, parents, random murderers, friends etc.

Violet Strix

Just a Watcher and Wonderer
I would love to role play with you. Slow burn romance, and building a relationship between characters are a big things for me too.

graytful

criminal mischeif
Eyeing the guard/aristocrat plot and pairing. I'm 22 and also usually write novella-style but have been needing something a little less intense since I work and take a class on the side. Possibly interested in something more on the platonic side... I immediately saw room for reluctant associates to antagonizing friends (possible to angsty enemies?) vibes? But we could work out those details if you're interested :-)

Users who are viewing this thread