Search Frustrations and RP dynamic issues

I'm not a huge stickler for historical accuracy in my RP's tbh unless a person uses their common sense. Like, a 1600's setting is not going to have modern technology or women wearing pants, little things like that.
So a shoulder mounted cutting laser is out of the question? lol

Yes, unless it was some sort of sci-fi or time travel RP lol.
I've not really seen a whole lotta time travel RPs. Probably for good reason. the entire premise can get messy rather quickly, what with the paradoxes and such

I've not really seen a whole lotta time travel RPs. Probably for good reason. the entire premise can get messy rather quickly, what with the paradoxes and such
I actually have one RP idea I tried to run before that is centred around that whole idea of time travel paradoxes. Basically there were two factions: one was trying to alter timelines to benefit themselves while another one was trying to stop them from doing so due to all the paradoxes and such. It never took off, but I thought the premise was interesting. Might write it on my own sometime as a sort of serial novel or something.

I actually have one RP idea I tried to run before that is centred around that whole idea of time travel paradoxes. Basically there were two factions: one was trying to alter timelines to benefit themselves while another one was trying to stop them from doing so due to all the paradoxes and such. It never took off, but I thought the premise was interesting. Might write it on my own sometime as a sort of serial novel or something.
I've always thought of the possibility of time travel to be like an infinitely expanding network of "roots". and when you go back in time, you essentially go upwards in the root system. but simply by doing so, you alter the course and can never get back to your point of origin. kindof like an infinite amount of alternate dimensions with only miniscule differences from one another (and occasional major ones) but in a temporal sense.

I've always thought of the possibility of time travel to be like an infinitely expanding network of "roots". and when you go back in time, you essentially go upwards in the root system. but simply by doing so, you alter the course and can never get back to your point of origin. kindof like an infinite amount of alternate dimensions with only miniscule differences from one another (and occasional major ones) but in a temporal sense.
That definitely makes it trickier too, that different people have different ideas about what time travel is or isn't.

That definitely makes it trickier too, that different people have different ideas about what time travel is or isn't.
I've heard there is a movie that did a pretty good job of encompassing time travel theories. It's called Primer. I tried watching it once. But it was a bit slow and low budget.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back