• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings Search for a Dystopian Partner!

Flintlace

Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Among Hare and Wolves

There came a point when the world stopped counting the years since the Final War. Few were aware of the time in which society ravaged itself with greed-driven war, feeding their dying cities of concrete and steel with blood of the innocent and the desperate. When, in the wake of the war, the Earth dealt the hand of consequence by falling into a silent stasis to rid itself of a plague.

No, the roots of their beginning began with the Silver City, a society built amidst ancient relics of an old, war-torn world. The last of humanity's homes, built above ancient bunkers and constructed atop a massive canyon. The people here, trapped by gnawing cold, vicious blizzards, and barren coldlands that are a result of the End's nuclear winter. Yet the city itself is a haven over tower steel and glass, molded and shaped by technology that has since advanced from humanity's golden age. Despite their dead world, the city thrives, ruled by its founding families and awarding their people more of a life than simply surviving.

At least, for those of Haven. The suntouched, people who are fortunate enough to be born in the sun's warmth. But not everyone is quite so fortunate.

The world was divided by war, united by force. Below the city, living within the literal cracks of the blue-lit metropolis, lies the Canyon. Massive, narrow expanses that stretch far and tower high, plagued by unforgiving colds and deep shadows. These cracks serve as a home to the outcasts, the lower class of society that found themselves shunned in the early days of the city. Those that truly continue to fight for their survival. The Canyoners, stains of humanity in the eyes of the Surface. Here, surviving is no simple task.

Yet, not all is lost for the undeserving. There’s hope to reach the surface, to secure a bright and luxurious future for their families and generations to come afterwards. The Reaping, a game of tag that has since evolved into a blood sport. Played in arenas of massive size, these arenas are outfitted with various themes, ranging anywhere from murky swampland to ancient cities, or rare environments foreign to Earth. The gardens of salvation, people call them. Canyoners could participate as Scavengers, barely equipped for massive arenas, while overly-outfitted Wardens from the Surface would hunt them with blade and bow. A game for redemption for the Scavengers, and a mark of fame for the Wardens. A game of survival.

A somewhat more in-depth explanation:
This takes place in a dystopian society placed a few hundred years into the future. In 2112, mankind risked its end on Earth with a massive nuclear war that decimated large areas of the planet, ultimately leading to a collapse of every known country and government. Nuclear winter followed, starving many and freezing others. In an act to survive, those that were able enough congregated to rebuild civilizations, and as the nuclear winter eased in the warmer regions of the planet, cities were once again built.

Over a few hundred years the city was built upon, forming a massive metropolis. Technology advanced quickly, though it had taken a turn of focusing of survivability as opposed to exploration. Most of mankind was forced to remain in the Silver City or the smaller controlled villages around it, the planet never quite warming up, most areas turning into frigid tundras. There was no real escape from these cities, and those that left never thrived.

The city was built by those that lived by the law of "Survival of the fittest". A strong divide between the two primary groups of the budding society formed in the early years of the Silver city -- one of which staked claim of the surface grounds, otherwise known as Haven, where the land was warmed by both the sun and the artificial heaters that were developed to keep the city comfortable. Those that were less fortunate were left to live in the slums, found in a canyon that runs through Haven, quite overcrowded, many struggling to make ends meet. As the population grew and flourished, those within the canyon demanded that those residing in Haven helped provide for them. This didn't sit well with those that believed in the strong divide, but they obliged after years of conflict, albeit in their own twisted way.

Sports had found its place within society, though it had taken a more survival-based form, allowing games that were heavily reliant on survival skills to flourish. Manhunt was a particularly popular sport, evolving from a simple game of tag with a few obstacles, to an elaborate course with realistic terrain that included massive rock walls, deep rivers, dense foliage, and old ruins to help the runners hide from especially keen and fit taggers. It was from this sport that the Reaping was formed, a cruel bloodsport developed to test those that wish for the luxuries of the surface. Set in massive arenas distributed around the city, these games have become an every-day part of life for many, serving as a source of resources and money for many, and for those that prove to be adept, an entryway into Haven.

The game was simple. A team of Scavengers were released into large arenas and given a few hours of time to collect rare resources, the 'fruit' of the Surface. Medicine, food vouchers, even rare tech for the more elite games. They're generally provided with advanced equipment that allows for easier traversal and resource collection, though they are given little to nothing in terms or weaponry. Two Wardens are released after them - covered in technologically advanced armor that serves as protection and allows for easier tracking. In addition to this, they are given their choice of weaponry. Their goal is to hunt and kill as many Scavengers as they can before they escape at the end of the match. The games run on a tier system, and entry into Haven is dependent on Scavengers standing out and gaining sponsors. Wardens in the lower tiers are forced to pay for entry into the games, while Wardens that have proven to be quite popular and skillful are paid to participate in higher-tier games.

Many participants of these games are entirely willing. However, harsh living conditions realistically make it less optional, forcing many that are unable to provide for themselves through other means to participate in these games for the meager amount of winnings that are provided with each successful escape. It's a game of life or death. In the government's eyes, these games are an easy way to entertain the public, pick out the strong and weed out the weak, control the population of the city, and suppress and control the lower class.

-----

Hello!

This is a search for a dystopian RP.

Forgive me for a less-than-organized thread, it's not really my focus and not what I want to put most of my time into. I'm currently interested in exploring a dystopian-society. This is pretty heavily influenced by the game Deathgarden and has some similar aspects to the Hunger Games, but I'm trying to create something that branches off from those two a bit. With that said, you don't have to have any knowledge of either title! The world has a development put into it, so be prepared for a potential info-dump should you have interest. With that said, EVERYTHING is open to change. I'd love the opportunity to collaborate in world building with a partner to create something new and unique, so I'm always open to suggestions.

To tell a bit about myself:

• I'm a woman in her mid-twenties and have been roleplaying for 10+ years and roleplays in third-person.
  • I can play either gender, but prefer female for my leads. I have more experience with female and a preference for writing them, but I am fully capable of playing males, especially when doubling.
  • I have a preference for MxF romance pairings, but I may consider being flexible with this one!
  • Semi-decent activity. I have a busy life, with work especially, and will have periods in which I don't post for a few days, maybe only once a week. However, I can assure you that I will do my best to keep up my activity. I'll try to communicate as well and let you know when I won't be able to post for a bit.
  • Patient. Trust me, I have no problem waiting for a reply. If you want to keep on going with the RP, but don't quite have the time to keep up with it actively, I'm perfectly fine with taking a break/waiting long periods of time for replies if I have to.
  • Literate roleplayer. However, I'm not someone who will have a min/max word count. You can be literate and still only have a paragraph response, especially when there's high activity between characters. What matters is an appealing RP style with nice detail.
  • I like talking ooc!
What I expect:
  • Character flexibility. This includes playing as either gender and doubling.
  • Literate, but no 'word count' requirement. I don't want to be too picky on this one, because all I really care about is getting something back that I can reply to, and that has nice detail to work with.
  • Patience. As I said before, I can get pretty busy. I'm willing to be patient with my partner - and I only expect the same.
  • 20+ Years old. Not necessarily for mature content, but more so because it's a personal preference of mine. I may consider being a bit more lenient on this, though.
  • Open to darker themes. Personally, the darker and more twisted something is, the better. Be okay with your character losing an eye, leg, friend, life.

Please shoot me a DM if you're interested!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back