• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic Sea of Stars [Shipgirls but Space] [Mecha Musume RP]

Crow

Top-tier Avian Master
I've been thinking of making a shipgirl RP, but all this time I've been thinking of all the shipgirl things

If I use an established franchise, they'll keep updating it. If I make my own shipgirl thing, it'll feel like I'm just copying all the existing ones.

So I decided to do the most original thing in the universe - throw it into space!

Basically, the idea is that in-universe, shipgirls were a thing, and in the future, someone stumbled upon this and decided to revive the idea of naval humanoid vessels, outfitting them in space things, throwing them into space to fight the weird alien things with the big teeth and funny tongues.

The first inspiration of shipgirls was Strike Witches, which is in turn Mecha Musume. This is merely shipgirls returning to their mecha musume roots.

Also returning to roots is making carrier planes sentient & humanoid.

The ships we will use are of WWI & WWII. They will have memories of those times, too!

The idea is that the following hull types will be converted to the following:

Destroyer & Submarine -> Space Destroyer
Light & Heavy Cruisers -> Space Cruiser
Battleship -> Battleship
Aircraft Carrier -> Spacecraft Carrier

And for the rest, feel free to ask. Feel free to drop suggestions, etc. I'm still working on this.

So what kind of tone did you see this going with? Something like a Universal Century Gundam or Battletech "srs bsns" or conversely Strike Witches/Sky Girls/AKB0048 IN SPACE where it's "cute but also suddenly dramatic and perilous moments"?

i really need to stop joining rps.
anyways, i’m interested in joining.

So what kind of tone did you see this going with? Something like a Universal Century Gundam or Battletech "srs bsns" or conversely Strike Witches/Sky Girls/AKB0048 IN SPACE where it's "cute but also suddenly dramatic and perilous moments"?

The latter.

oh yeah, akb0048 was a thing

i really need to stop joining rps.
anyways, i’m interested in joining.

Niiiice.

So what shipgrils you all thinking of playing?

Let's see if a couple more people join so we have a proper group first.

I just wanted to get the tone down so I know whether to be something like "pressganged ex-con" or "bossy class president".

As for the hull,I was thinking about being something like a hybrid of the Admiral Hipper-class Seydlitz and the Weser it would have been rebuilt into,a heavy cruiser with fighter launch capabilities.

im assuming original characters are allowed. i really like sort of drone controlling characters, so an aircraft carrier would be fun, but i also want to play specifically the SMS Erzherzog Franz Ferdinand because why not

If you mean OCs by what I think you mean, then I'll have to say that this isn't directly based on any prior shipgirl series. We starting from scratch, ground zero.

Not bad choices chaps. As for me...

... I'll need to think on it. Leaning towards a Destroyer like Shimakaze or even Laffey (Benson-class).

Count me in.

I always wanted to take a crack at using the Akatsuki siblings. Hearing that its set in space opens up alot of new ideas as well.

Beam weapons for example.

As a KC and AL player this piqued my interest. Also beam weapons and tech at the level of Gundams or Ars Nova would make this type of RP much more intriguing so I'm definitely in.

Also if we're doing a ship reservation then I'm looking for any of the Yamato class (if they are not plot relevant that's it) particularly Shinano due to how overused the other two are.

So now we got 5 people, that's a cosy group. Think we should wait for a couple more, or want to brainstorm some of the setting details first?

Brainstorming would be good. My ideas for the base world are jumping all over the place.

Like, do I want Earth to be an abandoned post-apocalypse? Is everyone living on the moon now? Do we have a moon base? Are we in the space colonization phase? Are we just space wanderers looking for a new planet to call home?

Might be interesting to have the main setting being a space station,with the overall scale being that of a (comparatively) small cluster of solar systems,with the recruits being drawn from all over.

And part of the danger of whatever the antagonists are is that they're preventing humanity from expanding by activating/building the relays or gates or whatever that humans need for FTL travel.

Still,I think we should get everyone's input.

How would a space sub even work?
like, you know, if you fold a paper then the thing inside the fold would be seen as "submerged" in a 2D universe, so a space submarine would kinda hide in the "fold"....of the 3D universe....

Still alive, chaps?

But yeah, cloaking abilities for Space subs would be a good idea.

We'll need a modestly sized group to go ahead with this,but it can't hurt to talk out a bit of the lore first.

Like who/what exactly we are fighting,and how the (space)ship girls are made. Maybe they're existing humans converted to fight,or maybe they're born from some kind of archive for example.

We'll need a modestly sized group to go ahead with this,but it can't hurt to talk out a bit of the lore first.

Like who/what exactly we are fighting,and how the (space)ship girls are made. Maybe they're existing humans converted to fight,or maybe they're born from some kind of archive for example.
agreed

Users who are viewing this thread

Back