• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Sea of Dream (Exalted 3 Campaign)

Crocodile

Mister Zero
Supporter
Roleplay Type(s)
Creation's formation has lead to impressive and varied landscapes even if influenced by the Elemental Poles. One that stands out is the Dreaming Sea, the largest body of water located in the eastern portion of Creation. Far from the Pole of Water in the West, this place has become a bastion of curious developments and conspiracies due to the presence of the Court of Secrets.

Wars have been fought by the various great powers out here from time to time, though at present the nations seem more content to their internal ambitions and needs at the moment. The only reach of the Realm has shown in the empire of Prasad though it seems sated in its own expansion, more concerned with internal politics between the ruling powers within.

The city of Champoor, cast in eternal shadow by the powers of the dragon, Tenepeshu, is where the Exalts have found themselves to be drawn at this time. It is a place of secrets and mysteries, consumed by the influence of the dragon's court. More so it is the perfect place for recent Solars to conceal themselves for a while as they come to terms with their new powers.

Who knows what awaits them beyond the veiled city?

Chapter 1: Forgotten Light, Perpetual Night
Lamps glow along the streets of Champoor. Some have their wicks being changed, oil being added to those lamps growing dim. This was a mercantile neighborhood so the oil was good and the wicks were durable and well burning. The perpetual night of Champoor driven away on these streets of business to discourage muggers and robbers. The City Watch was visible but more so most of the businesses in the area sported subtly displayed crests. It was the crest of the Vanishing Coin Sacred Society, denoting protection paid and upheld.

This was Barter Street. A place of business and delights thanks to the array of restaurants and tea houses catering to the various classes of people that frequented this broad street. Merchants even boldly parked shop carts right in the middle of the street, selling to those passing by. The occasional plaza along the street created more space which said cart merchants aggressively battled for with insults, early arrival and stake claiming.

The tea house sat within the third plaza along Barter Street, positioned so that its rear was set to look out upon Shadow Bay. The bay itself glinted with the guide lamps of ships, ferries and barges. Lined as well with beacons burning in four distinct colors to aid in showing which part of the bay ships resided in. The circle has found itself drawn here perhaps out of some curious divine lure or from simple chance of encountering those more like themselves. In Champoor, anything goes for even the Immaculate Philosophy has been drowned by the tendrils of Tenepeshu.

The room is decent, private with a low polished table and comfortable mats to sit upon. Tea and food is served by happy staff who quickly excuse themselves again to leave the group to ponder their meeting. You can hear the bustle of the tea house from it, string music playing nearby to aid in drowning out chatter. The balcony to the room looked out upon the perpetual dancing lights of the bay as they shift, wink and change. A set of 12 fireworks cracking off in the sky declare it to be noon, an unfortunate necessity when the sun no longer shined upon the city.

Roshana

Anyone can call attention to themselves by dressing or acting outrageously, the noisemaker and the provocateur ever draws the eye. To command the attention of another's attention while sitting quietly and sipping delicately from a cup of tea is quite another feat, and yet Roshana manages it with what appears like effortless grace. Her night-black hair is artfully, but casually arranged upon her head, her deep blue dress reveals more than just her shoulders, showing off cream-white skin and the pinnacle of the deep cerulean flower-tattoo that winds its way up her back. She is silent, for now at least, preferring to observe her fellows before speaking.

Roshana has her Indefinite-duration social charms active, so her appearance is 7.

Kiera makes her way along carefully, letting her Essence enhanced senses guide her to her destination without mishap. She knows that the tea house that she is supposed to be meeting Scorpion at is up here somewhere, it is just a matter of finding it in the middle of the bustling crowds surrounding her. Soon, she catches the distinctive scent of jasmine and honey, and the smell of steeping tea leaves. There. I knew I would find it. I hope that Scorpion won't leave me waiting for too long.

Inside, she stops and listens at the door for a moment, taking in the measure of the room, and noting where she can hear people sitting. Finally, she chooses a out of the way table and places an order with the attentive waitress. As she sips at the hot drink, she is very aware of how much of the conversation is about the stunningly beautiful woman sitting by herself. Some think that she must have Wyld blood in her to be so beautiful. It is a shame that my eyes are so bad that I cannot see this beauty for myself. Ah, well. If wishes were horses, all beggars would ride.
Spending 6m 1wp to set my Keen Hearing And Touch Technique as an Indefinite duration Charm

Once her cup is empty, Roshana rises in a single fluid motion, every movement of her body following as naturally from the last as the day follows the night. She makes her way to the blind woman's table and speaks softly, her native Flametongue making even a simple greeting sound like a proposition, "I couldn't help noticing you come in. May I sit?" Though Kiera cannot see the woman before her, from the sounds in the room around her, there is no doubt that she is the object of the many discussions going on around them.

There is more to her than physical appearance, Kiere can tell now that they are so close. Simply being near her feels disarming, something in her manner, or in her perfume perhaps. Or perhaps those voices who spoke of the Wyld spoke truly.

Kiera smiles at the woman as she approaches. Half rising up from her seat, she gestures towards an empty seat. "Please, join me. I am waiting for a good friend to arrive, but in the meantime, I would welcome the company. I am Kiera Valen." She picks up the teapot and refreshes the drink in front of her, and offers to fill her new companion's cup. "If you close your eyes as you sip, it frees up your other senses to experience the nuances of the flavor and aroma." Kiera sits quietly, enjoying her drink, waiting for the mysterious woman to make the next move.

"I am Roshana," she says with a voice as smooth as silk, "thank you for the tea, lady Valen." Following Kiera's suggestion, Roshana closes her eyes as she raises the steaming cup to her lips and takes her time to fully taste the drink, and to take in the sounds, smells and feel of the tea house.

"I must say," she adds after having enjoyed the tea, "it's the first time I've felt a blind woman stare at me."

Kiera blushes. "Forgive me if I am being rude. Even with my eyes as bad as they are, I can still sense a certain beauty to you that is unmistakable."

When Roshana smiles, it is not merely a thing that happens to her mouth and her eyes, it is as if the entire room lights up, and the faint bells of laughter in her voice conveys the feeling of joy beyond the realm of mere sight. "Not at all, I did not come here to be ignored, and your attention is ever so interesting. There is only one Creation, and yet it must feel as if we do not live in the same. I would love to learn of the world I cannot sense, because I see it."

Scorpion makes her way to the teahouse that she had heard of, knowing that a lady like Kiera would like the atmosphere of the place. Not quite my cup of . . . tea, but hey! Who knows? Perhaps this is my way of becoming more ladylike.

She shifts her armor on her shoulders, feeling a bit undressed without her daiklave on her back. But, in the case of trouble, she could summon it in a moment, so that's all good. Walking into the teahouse, she takes a quick look around and is surprised to see her friend sitting with one of the most beautiful women she has ever even thought about in her wildest dreams. I'm not into girls, but wow! That one could change my mind! She walks up to join the two women with a strong stride. "Kiera! Damn good to see you again, girl!" Scorpion reaches out and places her hand on her shoulder, but her eyes keep on going back to the woman seated across from Kiera.

Pulling up a seat, she says, "I'm Scorpion, a friend of Kiera." She leaves unspoken the question of just who this beauty.

Kiera smiles again. "Welcome, my friend. Good to hear you once more. Please, have a seat." She waves for the waitress to bring another cup. "Let me introduce you to my new friend, Roshana. As you just heard, this boisterous force of nature is Scorpion. A long-time friend."

"I'm enchanted to meet you, Scorpion," she responds, her smile shining a light even in the Nigthed City. "I apologize for intruding on a meeting between two old friends, it is only that I am too curious for my own good. A blind woman walks into a tea house with the bearing of a master swordswoman, and amidst all the people chattering and going about their days, her blind eyes fall on another woman sitting idly and drinking her tea. It was like something out of a story." She bows her head apologetically to Scorpion, "but I will not disturb you further now that you are both here." She is quite clearly offering the two of them a chance to be alone if they desire it, but seems genuinely interested in staying and enjoying their company if they will have her.

"I have no objection to you joining us. It might be nice to have another friendly face to share some tales of the roads around here. Please, share our table."

"Thank you," she replies, "though I do not travel the roads all that often. Do you have stories of adventure and excitement to share?" She asks with the unbridled enthusiasm of one who has never had adventure or excitement on the road.

Kiera takes another sip of tea, then smiles. "The open road is not all that it's cracked up to be. I would still be with my sifu if I had my way, but he feels that I owe Creation the special skills that I have, and our friend Iago is coming here, and wants us to meet some other friends of his."

"Iago?" Roshana asks, surprised, but pleased, to hear a familiar name from a stranger's mouth. "The brilliant young Ys sorceror?" Judging by her tone, she has fond memories of the man.

Scorpion is also surprised. "Yes, the one and the same." She looks over at Kiera. "It seems we may have found one of Iago's friends that he was telling us about."

"Only good things things, I hope," Roshana offers, sounding amused and pleased at this turn of events. "He was rather mysterious when he asked me to meet him here tonight, and I can't say I am disappointed. Though his timeliness leaves something to be desired."

"I was delayed." The sorcerer seemed to appear from nearby the tables out of thin air, adorned in excellent clothing and his familiar ornate coat. There was another woman, one hanging off his arm. Roshana recognized her, with long red hair tied into a braid and pouting lips that looked very naughty - she had been accompanying him before. "Some thugs decided we were excellent robbery targets. Their error has been corrected."

"I see the three of you have found each other though." Iago pulled up two chairs and sat down, an arm affectionately around the lady snuggled up to him. "Getting along well?"

Roshana smiles at Iago's entrance, her welcoming manner greeting him at his arrival. She shares a quick look with Ariannah that speaks volumes. Volumes of a book that is quite thoroughly banned in all parts of Creation where the Immaculate Philosophy holds sway.

"You're both unhurt, I trust," she says, though she does not appear to think there is any real risk that they are not. "And yes, we have," she continues with a bright smile at her two new acquaintances, "I am pleased to see you continue to have good taste in friends, Iago."

"Thank you." Iago agreed with a grin. "Some of the crass and less well-bred accuse me of lechery, but I merely have a healthy regard for those both beautiful and capable." The red-haired woman giggled there. "And you, Ariannah?" Iago turned a questioning - but not offended - gaze on her.

Scorpion and Kiera remember that Ariannah as being taller, also with short black hair and a darker shade of blue than she possesses right now - but her voice as she spoke was unmistakable. "Merely remembering your regard, master. It's good to see the two of you again."

Scorpion lets out a bark of laughter. "I haven't had the pleasure of someone trying to mug me in a very long time. It might actually be fun to deal with a simple matter like that. Good to see that you have come through without any scrapes, though. As for you being lecherous, I can't say why someone would say such things about you; perhaps the fact that you surround yourself with so many beautiful women?"

Kiera just lets out a sigh. With beauties around like Roshana and Ariannah, no one is even going to give a plain woman like her a second glance. "Scorpion, you are horrible. Please, join us at the table and enjoy some tea. Then, you can explain what has inspired you to summon us all here. I must confess my curiosity is piqued."

"Why I have chosen to call us all together? ...Exactly that. Chosen." Iago gave them a knowing look. "I know all of us - Ariannah excluded unfortunately," which did not bother her in the slightest it would seem, "have been Chosen. By whom, I will not speak of - each of us already knows anyway. And we know what has been granted us, power and right. In this Time of Troubles, the nations around the Sea of Dreams brim with potential for us to command and make something greater."

"I decided since we were all drifting to Champoor, we'd start by taking control here."

Scorpion grins. "Hot damn! Now that's what I'm talking about! I would love to make my mark upon Creation. Why not here? Why not now? Count me in."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back