• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy SDHKB [Witches] OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Alright guys, we're three or four days out from launch! Voxxy Voxxy Neziken Neziken spicymcyiken spicymcyiken , please have your sheets in by then so that our familiars can pick. And just a headsup, everyone's gonna be either a freshmen or transfer student with the exception of voxxy and I.

Hey everyone! I'll be joining as an antagonist.. well, sort of. They're the friendly quartermaster! Remember, any requests for non-standard equipment or ingredients, must go through miss Gella.

If you need the heart of a baby dragon, or the bones of a chimera, they'll be perfectly willing to help you out, for a price.

Well, I'd think that's up to Coldpopz Coldpopz in the end, but at a guess I'd say they'd still have to order anything particularly out of the ordinary for personal projects, unless they wanna go out and get it themselves (which is not a luxury students have in excess).

Oh, also, she's not a witch: She's a member of a race sometimes referred to as Ogres, who are once-giants, descended from the grigori, the watchers of the book of enoch. She's there because Ogres are supernatural black-marketeers who can get you anything.

Hey guys! Quick poll: 80s or modern day?

80s pros:
- Nostalgic setting
- Mortals have less chance of stopping or detecting witches (no cell phones and security cameras)

Modern day pros:
- Technically more relateable
- Instant nonmagical communication

Eyy, MST3K is my shit.
And, idk, eighties would be fun I suppose. But also, modern day is fun too.

spicymcyiken spicymcyiken I'd like to pair with you if that's alright.
My idea is a Bookwyrm: it's a 2 foot long magical construct of blood and ink that resembles a black glossy-scaled serpent with arms.

Bookwyrms can flatten themselves to write on surfaces, disguise themselves as tattoos (either as writing or some form of snake tattoo), or otherwise hide or travel in areas their 3 dimensional forms couldn't. They can help with any spells requiring writing, runes, or inscriptions of any kind. They can use the ink that makes up their body to alter writing (there are multiple cases where a Bookwyrm was used to rewrite a will in the favor of the Witch they pacted with), create tattoos (this is used either for body art or if the Witch wants to curse the target and needs a mark of some kind to do it), or otherwise mark where they were. This uses up part of their body and they will need to replenish any lost ink with both normal ink and blood from their master.

Bookwyrms are also venomous, but they rarely use this ability since it uses up quite a bit of ink. Bookwyrm venom causes the immediate necrosis of the flesh surrounding the area bitten, followed by the transformation of the victim's blood into ink which causes death within minutes if not treated with magic.

When resting Bookwyrms usually either take on their tattoo form on their Witch's body or use their abilities to fit inside a book. They favor older, well-written, and/or magically powerful books for resting in. More than one thief has met their end when the valuable book they sought to steal had a Bookwyrm resting inside it.

Bookwyrms don't die when their master do and are often passed down bloodlines as heirlooms. They have their own individual personalities and eccentricities however and any Witch with a Bookwyrm familiar would be advised to ensure they treat them with respect and don't anger them. Especially when relating to writing. On one notable occasion a Bookwyrm responded to the Warlock it was bonded to after he claimed Shakespeare hadn't written the plays attributed to him by forging documents that got him hanged for treason.

Roleplaying ideas could include my Bookwyrm character being sent to rewrite something (essays, report cards, love letters, etc.), getting your character involved in something book-related, being used to deliver a spell, etc.

spicymcyiken spicymcyiken I'd like to pair with you if that's alright.
My idea is a Bookwyrm: it's a 2 foot long magical construct of blood and ink that resembles a black glossy-scaled serpent with arms.

Bookwyrms can flatten themselves to write on surfaces, disguise themselves as tattoos (either as writing or some form of snake tattoo), or otherwise hide or travel in areas their 3 dimensional forms couldn't. They can help with any spells requiring writing, runes, or inscriptions of any kind. They can use the ink that makes up their body to alter writing (there are multiple cases where a Bookwyrm was used to rewrite a will in the favor of the Witch they pacted with), create tattoos (this is used either for body art or if the Witch wants to curse the target and needs a mark of some kind to do it), or otherwise mark where they were. This uses up part of their body and they will need to replenish any lost ink with both normal ink and blood from their master.

Bookwyrms are also venomous, but they rarely use this ability since it uses up quite a bit of ink. Bookwyrm venom causes the immediate necrosis of the flesh surrounding the area bitten, followed by the transformation of the victim's blood into ink which causes death within minutes if not treated with magic.

When resting Bookwyrms usually either take on their tattoo form on their Witch's body or use their abilities to fit inside a book. They favor older, well-written, and/or magically powerful books for resting in. More than one thief has met their end when the valuable book they sought to steal had a Bookwyrm resting inside it.

Bookwyrms don't die when their master do and are often passed down bloodlines as heirlooms. They have their own individual personalities and eccentricities however and any Witch with a Bookwyrm familiar would be advised to ensure they treat them with respect and don't anger them. Especially when relating to writing. On one notable occasion a Bookwyrm responded to the Warlock it was bonded to after he claimed Shakespeare hadn't written the plays attributed to him by forging documents that got him hanged for treason.

Roleplaying ideas could include my Bookwyrm character being sent to rewrite something (essays, report cards, love letters, etc.), getting your character involved in something book-related, being used to deliver a spell, etc.

hEll yeah dude I'm down for this :) sounds super neat, never hear of this before

Users who are viewing this thread

Back