• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Scrapmetal Circus: Wayfinder

Rust sat there looking around the room. He wasn't sure what to think of the place yet. "So what exactly is going to be done to me exactly? I've honestly never had an upgrade before." he said chuckling as he thought about the android woman from earlier.

Zeke watched all of this incredulously. He was to pretend to be a robot? He was a robot! He sneered at the nonsense of a human. Jade turned to him. "Since you are not receiving any work done, you had best change for tonight. You may find your attire for serving tonight in the changing room to the right behind you."

"I see. Thank you, Jade; I'll get dressed at once." Zeke saw no reason not to comply, this was a rather kushy gig, even if it made no sense. The strings attached to the chopping block acted as manacles to a prisoner now, and he hadn't made the best impression.

Xen paused; it hadn't occured to him that his new employees might not be familiar with the process of upgrades, nor that none had been performed prior.

"Is that so, Rusty? Never? Now I'm interested." Xen pressed a few buttons, and Yuriko's previous leg began to be dismantled in its tank as a new one began to form in the vacant one adjacent to her. His attention turned to the upgrade virgin. "Not even a Seraphim Industries product, either." He commented. "Have you turned off all sensors in this model?"

Rust shook his head "No I haven't. Should I?" he asked concerned slightly. He was't fully sure whether to trust this guy or not. But he figured he had nothing to lose, so he figured what the hell.

"Indeed you should. I can demonstrate as to why." Xen strode over to Rust, and grasped his arm. Raising it quickly, Xen flicked a spot near the elbow, and the arm jerked in an awkward manor, malfunctioning for a few seconds. "I can only assume that didn't tickle."

Xen cocked his head. "As I said, you may want to turn off all sensors in this model before I continue."

"Scratch? This shoddy second rate profit margin?" Xen laughed, his laugh echoing harmoniously. "My dear boy, this-" Xen gripped the arm tightly, and the arm began to buckle in his grip"- is garbage you were suckered into buying." Xen twisted slightly, and the mechanical arm's mechanisms began to crumble, all the while popping, hissing, and crackling. Muscle tissue frayed, while metal cracked and tore under sudden internal pressure. Fatal flaws in the design were rapidly accelerating the breaking of this arm. With a sharp YANK! The arm nearly came cleanly off at the shoulder, with the exception of several thick cables and nerve wires.

Rust looked amazed "Wow. I'm surprised that frail looking, womanly body of your is even capable of being this strong. Color me impressed." He said chuckling. "So, what can I expect with the new arm?"

Zeke left the dressing room just in time to watch Xen sever the man's arm with nothing but his bare hands. He visibly bawked at the sight, his jaw dropping.

"What the hell?" He asked out loud. "Remind me not to piss the boss off." As an afterthought he added, "Again, anyway."

Xen turned briefly to Zeke, eyeing his attire. A plush vest showed off his physique while a belted pair of pants adorned his legs. On his right wrist was a fake tag bracelet, a scan of which would point in the direction of the information of the model he was impersonating, and not his own.

"That suits you well. You clean up quite nicely." Xen commented, and returned his attention to the man he'd just literally disarmed. Zeke could only shake his head. "Thanks, boss."

Xen smirked. "You're quite welcome."

He looked to Rust, his smile belying the plans already forming in his mind. "And as for you, you'll have some of the best my company has to offer. I believe weaponization of your arm is in order."

Xen slid up another holographic monitor, pressing buttons and working on a quick design. "Tell me, what would you like for your new arm?"

Last edited:
Rust sat there and thought for a moment. "Hmm...." After a few minutes he finally came to a decision. "Make it just like my old one. But, with more advanced robotics obviously." He said, giving the thumbs up.

"Nothing special, then?" Xen sighed. "Very well then. Although, simply an upgraded version will pack far more of a punch than you are used to, even on the user." Xen looked at the data displayed on a monitor. Another tank appeared from the floor, with an arm beginning to form within its crystalline glass. He briefly returned to observing the leg, and then focused on the teenager again. "Now then, I do think it's young master James' turn to have a go with me." Xen eyed the squirming young man.

"And by all means, dazzle me. Please don't be a bore like Rusty over there." Xen smiled warmly. "Do speak up, I am an old man, after all." He giggled at his own joke, considering his body at present was a female.

“I would like something that could help me with tinkering like with tools attached or able to store some in it. Oh! And maybe something like a monitor projection to help with maps and programming.” He looked up at his employer with his eyes glimmering.

"Tools and storage with holographic displays, hm?" Xen cocked his head. "Now there is something to think about." He smiled, and yet one more tank rose from the floor. This one held an oblong black substance, gelatinous and slowly changing shape. More colors began to apear, and slowly an arm began to take shape. "I'm afraid that this limb with the holographic displays and z-space storage won't be able to look fleshy. But I can make it glossy or matte for you. "

From the Tank with Yuriko's leg came a rather loud beeping noise, signalling the limb was complete. Xen turned to it, striding over as the tank's top flipped up and the limb acclimated to oxygen exposure. The palor dimmed to match Yuriko's skin tone, and three mechanical arms appeared from the ceiling. One took hold of the leg stump, one placed a glowing ring like apparatus around it, and the last arm grasped the leg from Xen and moved it in place to be attached.

Xen now held the weapon from the previous leg, twirling it around with one hand like a baton. "This needs only a little attention, but we will get to that later. A lady as radiant as you really shouldn't have need to be locked and loaded all the time." In all of but a minute, the leg was attached and fully operational. "Now tell me how that feels." He stated, kneeling down to examine the leg. On the ankle was a delicate and cutesy wing emblem, designed to be tattoo like. He looked back up, expecting an answer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back