• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Scramble for the New Word

ThatGuyWithSouvlaki

Lucky Laki Malakis
Hi all, this idea is still in development a tad in terms of lore but i wanted to get the idea out for suggestions for those interested and to actually get it out of my mind and into proper practice. The main points are:
This basicaly a fantasy colonization based nation builder where each player controls a colony or the native people of a newly discovered continent known as Ariatra. This continent has various resources crucial to all "old world nations" whether magical or industrial as well of areas of scientific and magica curiousity. Ancient ruins of old empires and all the good stuff.
345d9724898967.5633bed73d62e.jpg

Colonies are sent from Old world nations of their design and the colonies relationship to those nation can vary e.g Are you exiles from said nation, due to polical or religious differences? Is your colony sanctioned by the home nation or not. Or are you a private enteprise? Race is your standard fantasy fair with he availability of magic and early industrial revolution technology so knight in plate armor fighting with musketeers and mages. I would like colonies to vary though for example one can be more technology based while others magical based. Natives dont necessarily have to be technologicaly or magicaly inferior but could be so if players want a challenge.
A bit of ramsackle but i believe the idea could be fun and sound and i am keen of getting it realised.

Hi all, this idea is still in development a tad in terms of lore but i wanted to get the idea out for suggestions for those interested and to actually get it out of my mind and into proper practice. The main points are:
This basicaly a fantasy colonization based nation builder where each player controls a colony or the native people of a newly discovered continent known as Ariatra. This continent has various resources crucial to all "old world nations" whether magical or industrial as well of areas of scientific and magica curiousity. Ancient ruins of old empires and all the good stuff.
345d9724898967.5633bed73d62e.jpg

Colonies are sent from Old world nations of their design and the colonies relationship to those nation can vary e.g Are you exiles from said nation, due to polical or religious differences? Is your colony sanctioned by the home nation or not. Or are you a private enteprise? Race is your standard fantasy fair with he availability of magic and early industrial revolution technology so knight in plate armor fighting with musketeers and mages. I would like colonies to vary though for example one can be more technology based while others magical based. Natives dont necessarily have to be technologicaly or magicaly inferior but could be so if players want a challenge.
A bit of ramsackle but i believe the idea could be fun and sound and i am keen of getting it realised.
How populous would you say colonist and native factions, respectively, should be?

Colonists will be around a small village, say max 500 at the start with the possibility of more arriving depending on their relationship with home nation. Natives can be bigger to a few thousand and can be made up of around three settlements.

Colonists will be around a small village, say max 500 at the start with the possibility of more arriving depending on their relationship with home nation. Natives can be bigger to a few thousand and can be made up of around three settlements.
I think I'll just be vanilla humans.

A bit of lore:

Ariatra was discovered in the end of Age of Fire and so marked the start of what is now known officially as the Age of Discovery and to some the Age of The Scrumble. The Age of Fire was one of conflict, the rise of industry and technology had increased population of the old world nations and an insatiable need for resources by the old world nations. As a result wars became common place for living space and resources. Intrigue was rife, alliances were made and broken constantly meaning sides in war changed weekly even daily. Territory exchanged constantly, death of civilians and soldiers and their were heroes and villains. For the full details on the wars, see my previous work on the Age of Fire.

Principle concern of the old world nation was the dwindling of the crystal known as Samphire, critical source of the mana required for all magical abilities. It was once plentiful among the Old World but it was discovered that the wondorus blue crystal was becoming rarer and rarer as mines seemed to inexplicably dry up. The reason of this is officially unknown but some scholars, see the Warning Letters of Casius the Golden Tongued, blamed the rise of industry as the cause aa magic is tied with nature. Though we now know that there were truth in those claims, it was back than rejected and covered up by leaders due to the value of industries. See the recently declassified Letters of the Council of Thelia.

The exact details of the discovery of Ariatra have become distorted by legend and certainly the discoverers own account is, in this writer's opinion, murred by exaggeration and self promotion as been disputed by various other sources. What is known is the discoverer, Lady Tria Prientiss, sailed on the Siren Call and two other ships to find the continent, funded by the King of Aretha and guided by ancient document from era of Great Thalian Empire, the ancient precursor Empire which stretched across the Old World and beyond. The journey likely took the three months as described in Thia's Odyssey but that is more likely due to Tria's lack of navigational skill rather than misadventures with cannibals, dragons or sea monsters. She landed first on Tria Island on the north west before finding the main continent. She returned a year later with stories of lash fields, tall mountains, Thalian ruins, exotic natives and plentiful Samphire. It was only natural that the nations of the old world took interest....
---Excerpt from The Age of Discovery: The Truth and Myth by Princess Regiana Sul.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back