• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern SCP: New Dawn (IC)

OOC
Here
Marco listened to the Director speaking once again addressing his questions. He nodded, mostly to himself, content with the answers. "So HAZMAT, masks and SCBA, roger that.." Marco stood up, but not before unzipping his bag and looking through it before closing it up again. "I guess if it comes down to it we run from those things should we encounter them.. Until we know more no point in engaging something that could be completely bullet proof.." Marco hauled the bag over his shoulder and glanced over to Leigh following her out. He knew more or less everything he needed to. Now time was of the essence and they needed to get going before any other problematic new issues turned up.

Anathema von Mercy
"Very well." Snapping her clipboard shut, the scientist shadowed the two before her, already listing down scientific equipment upon her clipboard. "Hm....Not needed, not useful, unpractical...which leaves us with a few extra goggles and blutige Hölle das ist ärgerlich... And a second database tablet complete with updates..." The scientist seemed to be mostly talking to herself.
"Slides, test tubes, petri dishes, a microscope if possible, forceps, probes and scalpels, beakers, flasks, thermometers, altimeters, pH meters, geiger counters, gloves, goggles, body bags, body bags, body bags..."

Last edited:

Leigh Nautiqeux

Leigh quickly pulled on a black kevlar, bullet-resistant vest, then her camouflage jacket. She quickly put on a hard kevlar helmet, followed by her gothic-style combat boots. She strapped an m416 carbine rifle across her shoulder and slipped her m1911 handgun into the holster on her left hip.

'First Blood'
Day 1 - 00:32:54
Private Airfield, Ukraine
"Dos Gringos"
MTF Psi-84 "The Wolverines" Transport wing

For the experienced pilots of the Foundation's Transport wing, this was just another "Ash and Trash" run. "Drive, Deploy, Drive, Pick up. Repeat as needed." That was the mantra that they lived by, especially the three men in the helicopter. They all looked similar, for they all were guys from the states, former military, and they all wore similar looking green jumpsuits, the kind that said that they were pilots, but didn't specify the country. But just from listening to them you could tell they were Americans with their "y'alls" and "gawdamns." The only thing that allowed some distinction was the helmet art which reflected their personalities.

The man flying the Mi-7 was "Joker," as his helmet proudly proclaimed next to a hand painted colored jester card. He had earned his nickname as a boot, for several awful jokes that typically got him as much trouble as laughs. This often led to issues with his superiors, that are usually overlooked in return for his flying skills. The man in the co-pilot seat was, ironically, "The Boss," and most obviously had a Texan flag painted on the front of his helmet. Last but not least was "Shadez," whose sunglasses were the obvious reason for his nickname, was manning the DSHK door gun.

In the helicopter were the two operators they had picked up. One was hefting a large AT4 and wearing gear that made him look more like a Chechen rebel than an MTF operative. The other was definitely more "by the book" than experience. But the pilots didn't judge. They had a job to do, and if these guys were apart of it, then it would get done. They spied the darkened airfield and radioed tower to land. Joker smoothly brought the helicopter starboard and landed it in front of the lone hangar.

In the Chopper: Grandmaster-at-Arms Grandmaster-at-Arms

Day 1 - 00:34:22
Private Airfield , Ukraine
"Fury 1-4"
MTF Psi-84 "The Wolverines"
Agent Stefan Czajkowski

As the Helicopter came to ground one of the passengers swaggered out stretching their arms as they stepped off the ramp. Stefan had been traveling longer than most, crossing more timezones that he knew existed to get to Ukraine in a very short time frame, so now with a ruined sleep schedule the Agent was almost asleep on his feet. The temptation to pull up sick did cross Stefan's mind but with the apparent importance of this mission he didn't really think he could weasel his way out of it just for being tired or at least make the excuse to himself.

"I still don't understand why ...we... have to be awake-so late for this one? Its already tomorrow." The polish agent complained over the radio, doing so he wouldn't be completely drowned out by the idling helicopter, he had been a tad annoying on the flight toward this stop off point making sure to make comments about the optics of American crew operating a old Soviet aircraft. But after that the sheer sound of the helicopter had killed most opportunities for conversations. Then again by the looks of it his fellow passenger didn't seem to be much of a conversationalist so he had busied himself counting the amount of rivets were in the floor of the helicopter.

As he waited patiently for his team to arrive he muttered under his breath in his native tongue. "Please lord let this be a simple one, is that too much to ask?..."

Once the final questions had been answered Linda glanced at the others before grabbing her ruck and getting up. She started to walk towards the entrance of the hangar and watched the others gear up.

Taking a knee not far from Leigh, Linda unrolled her bag and started to go through her tactical gear. Technically she was already dressed up and ready to go but both training and habit made her check her magazines, her radio and more. Once all the smaller items had been cleared off her mental list Linda unholstered her pistol and racked the slide half-way to make sure that a round was already loaded.

With everything cleared she glanced at the others to see if anyone else was ready. Until her sudden involvement with KEPU Linda had never set foot on a helicopter before but now, well, she was riding helicopters in and out of missions seemingly every other week.

When Leigh was ready, she leaned her back against the wall, setting her foot on it as well. She turned toward Linda and nodded to acknowledge her presence. She pushed herself off the wall and set a hand on Linda's shoulder.

"Bonjour, Mon Ami!" (Hello, My friend!) The young woman stated enthusiastically as she looked around. She shook Linda's shoulder slightly as she spoke once more. "Aren't you just pumped for this!? Ah, the thrill!" She exclaimed.

Glancing up at Leigh placed her hand on Linda's shoulder the ex-KEPU and ex-GOC agent smiled briefly and nodded. "As excited one can be for going into the unknown," she said with a friendly tone. Zipping her rucksack shut Linda stood up, hoisted it up back up onto her back and gestured towards the airfield. "Hopefully the helo will stick around if things get a bit too exciting out there- I'd rather not walk the entire way back."

Linda shrugged. "Then again, maybe we can borrow some wheels from the targets."

"Oui, Oui. Yes, yes. " Leigh chuckled softly for a moment. "But don't get your hopes up. Whether the chopper stays with us is up to command... as well as the fuel level of L'hélicoptère. We have no say. " She yawned and looked toward the helicopter, stationary on a small helipad. "But ah... " She paused for a moment. "Ah yes... I guess we could do that. Depends though. The vehicles could be rigged. Never underestimate the enemy, Copine (Girlfriend)" Leigh said jokingly. Her accent was strong when she spoke, and some words were hard to understand.

"Ah, the transport. Immaculate timing as usual." It was genuinely hard to tell if von Mercy was being sarcastic. The doctor gazed upwards at the helicopter with an unreadable expression. "Biodegradable body bags have been listed." The scientist was dragging what appeared to be a spinner luggage bag along with a duffel bag that clinked whenever von Mercy moved.

Leigh was laughing softly when she noticed the doctor over near the Helicopter. She wondered what could possibly be in the bags. After all, this was a field mission that was not at all intended for research. She looked toward Linda for a second and waved goodbye quickly before heading over toward The helicopter. "Bonjour, Docteur!" She exclaimed happily

The crew chief, Shadez, looked through the open door and dropped onto the tarmac. He kept his head low out of habit and jogged to the group slowly growing in front of the hangar. He unclipped his face mask and yelled out over the rotors. His Spanish tinted accent spat out to them, "Who's the CO of this outfit?"

Meanwhile in the cockpit, Joker was checking instruments when Boss drawled, "What're we playin'?"

Joker contemplated for a moment, "How about some Springsteen?'

"That commie? Hell naw, throw on some Five Finger?"

"Dude, that shit? Seriously? We aren't in the sand box, and I can't fly with those guys screaming in my ear."

"Not all of it is screaming."

And thus the cockpit began to fill with the quiet, professional debating of two experts, whilst the crew chief was disengaged from the chopper's internal net.

Leigh nodded and looked toward Shadez. "I am the team leader" She stated as she saluted the crew chief. "But the director is... well actually I'm not sure where he is. Anyway...Why do you ask?" The young woman took off her cap and set back on backward.

"Mes salutations." von Mercy gave a nod to Leigh. "And as for you, your career as a jester seems to be taking off quite nicely." she directed this with a cold glare in the helicopter's direction, to the crew chief in question. Whether she intended the pun or not is left to be decided.

"Well, we're your ride. We got orders to drop you off, then RTB(Return to base) for R&R(Rearm and Refuel). From there, we should be back on station for medivac and evac. We will be off station for 30 mikes. After that, we will be on for as long as you need. Command has also briefed us to inform you that they are trying to get a pair of ships from Sigma Nine, but they haven't updated us to the status of them."

"alrighty then. " Leigh replied with a respectful nod. "Thank you for the information, Chief. I'm very ahm... how do you say..." She thought for a moment. "Appreciative. " Then she turned toward the doctor with a slight chuckle. "Ahah, that was a funny joke."

"Load up yer folks, and let's get moving then!" The chief then continued to walk low and jogged back to the chopper. Upon entering he plugged back into the radio system connected them and heard the argument in the cockpit.

"Yo, assholes," He called out forcing Boss and Joker to face him. "Its MY turn to pick. And I say the Beach Boys." The men in the cockpit grumbled and Shadez then did a once over of the DSHK. This was only the 2nd time the crew had flown a combat mission in a Russian bird, and despite his trust in Joker, Shadez was unsure of how the flight would turn out. So, he focused on the machine gun whose design was as old as the Browning, and made sure that the feeding system was working.

"Well, sir... I told them to rendezvous on me. We're just waitin', man" Leigh replied, dropping the duffle bag she had been carrying onto the hard concrete floor of the aircraft hangar. She pulled the radio from its clip on her belt loop. She pressed the button and spoke into it. "This is Fury 1-6, to all members of the MTF. Please rendezvous in the hangar, ASAP. Over"

Wasting now time, Linda moved across the tarmac and up the helicopter ramp in a semi-crouch with her backpack in one hand. Once inside she gave Leigh a thumbs up before strapping herself in and placing the backpack underneath her seat. It'd be her first time riding in a Soviet helicopter and honestly she thought it looked more like something out of a museum in comparison to some of the more modern aircraft she'd seen but hey, at least it flies.

Or rather, she hoped it would.

Once strapped in and secured Linda took in her surroundings and even nodded towards the crew chief manning the gun. "Nice bird you got," she said. "I hope it flies better than it looks."

Dr. von Mercy almost casually strolled into the copter, her expression as neutral as ever. Once finished her straps the scientist pulled what appeared to be a clipboard either out of her coat or out of her bag, but either way she was checking something off.

"Who else are we waitin' on?" Leigh softly asked through the radio communication system. She looked around, not seeing anyone, but she knew there were still a couple of people who weren't currently at the Helicopter, or in front of the hangar.

Marco had been observing the other members of the team conversing his gaze shifting from each member. He had yet to interact with anyone up close and personal. Gripping the handle of his bag he strode across the hanger, when he heard a voice in his comms. Putting his helmet back on he glanced over to the one he believed had spoken. Raising his hand, he walked over Leigh.

"Shall we make our way to the transport?" He asked cooking his head to the side.

"Planning on it, man" Leigh nodded toward Marco. "Who else are waiting for? I'm getting hungry for this mission" the French woman smiled at him. "By the way... you better follow my orders. I've had problems with other people on some missions... don't be one of them"

Marco glanced around the hanger and shrugged. "Not 100% sure, I've seen some of the others leave to head to the transport." He jerked his thumb in the direction of the helicopter that had arrived and was waiting for them. He the glanced down at Leigh and chuckled slightly, smiling under his helmet. "Do not worry." He gave a mock salute with his hand. "I'll follow whatever order you hand to me, as long as they are not suicidal ones or ones that would put us in danger. Aside from that I'm game" He glanced back to the transport and then back to Leigh.

Leigh chuckled slightly. "Soldier... all of my orders can potentially put us in danger. It's up to you on whether the execution of said orders gets us killed not." She replied with another chuckle. The French woman looked toward the personnel carrier, then looked around. "Well. Unless my friends at the Chaos Insurgency show up, I believe we should be ... okay. So anyway... Commet Vou?" (How are you?)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back