• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Scion - New Kids on the Block (OOC)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Uhhhhh, what's Conflict Stats and Panoply?
Combat stats would be wear i put down traits like health, armor, stunts, battle die, etc once I figure those out.

Panoply is just a fancy word for "stuff". Its a repurchased CS so here is where I would spit Equipment and artifacts. Instead I will be changing it from "Panoply" to "birthrights and relics".

ok then thank you......I have no idea what to put in there

I dont either yet. But ill figure it out as I get time to finish my CS.

Combat stats will come as I buckle down and start calculations.

As for birthrights, we get either 4 dots of birthrights for things like relics, familiars, or guides. OR two extra knacks from our calling. And I'm thinking about using the birthright to give my guy a cool hunting rifle. A weapon of legend that he doesn't yet know the power or importance of. A gift, perhaps, from his birth mother Skadi, who wants to take him back from Artemis.

ooh interesting, I'm thinking of giving her either a crow familiar or guide, that just follows her no matter where she goes and she's just flipping annoyed that it continues to follow her

Lol that sounds like a lot of fun! Love that idea. I think you can also give your creatures powers too.

A simple crow or lesser animal i think are just 1 dot. So you could get that and have dots to spend elsewhere.

Or maybe you can pump up the dots on it and give it some divine power.

Such as the Guide "Crows of the Morrígan: The prophetic war Goddess’ favored birds love to follow Scions around and deliver dire warnings."

Might be able to act as a guide and a creature companion

Ooh make the crow a guide and have a rabbit as a creature or follower if it was intelligent enough

You could probably do that, splitting the dots between them. Actually you can do that quite well, and would have just enough.

Crow of the Morrígan (•••)
The Phantom Queen’s favored birds open the Scion’s
eyes to signs and portents, whether he asked for them or
not. They like to hang around looking mysterious wherev-
er he goes, speaking dire warnings that only make sense
when battle begins.
Asset Skills: Pilot, Subterfuge
Guide Stunt (1-5 successes): Gain an Enhancement
equal to successes spent on your next initiative roll in the
current session.
Purviews: Fortune

Creature (1 dot)

Generally, these creatures are small, mundane, or otherwise mostly ineffectual. They are great for scouting ahead or being used to create a horrific appearance, such as a god who always has a vulture on her shoulder or another who wears his snake as a necklace. Player-created creatures have three dice in their Primary Pools.

A bunny with 3 dice. Or you can sacrifice 2 of the dice to give it a Knack or Flair from the antagonists section in the Origins book.

And now it's time to pull a rabbit out of my hat. Also below is what I'm thinking what my girl will look like

images - 2021-07-25T010903.785.jpeg

Hmm well i think i know that i want to eventually give Lexi the Trickster Calling specifically for the Takes one to know one Knack

Sure, what is the issue?
Well I guess the first issue is picking the type. Which i guess would fall under New or Archetypal? I dont know that many that would fall under Modernized that would work for a rifle. Maybe gungir but that would probably be 5 dots.

Also, it says to get with the story teller about how it was received and how it works. As per my suggestion, it was left for him to find by his birth mother Skadi.

I'm also not sure if the fateboumd condition needs to apply, if it should, or what it really is.

However its the designing part that has me a bit confused. Is it a matter of it has 4 dots so has this many of each thing. Or does each thing I add to it add a dot to its rating?

Well I guess the first issue is picking the type. Which i guess would fall under New or Archetypal? I dont know that many that would fall under Modernized that would work for a rifle. Maybe gungir but that would probably be 5 dots.

Also, it says to get with the story teller about how it was received and how it works. As per my suggestion, it was left for him to find by his birth mother Skadi.

I'm also not sure if the fateboumd condition needs to apply, if it should, or what it really is.

However its the designing part that has me a bit confused. Is it a matter of it has 4 dots so has this many of each thing. Or does each thing I add to it add a dot to its rating?

Ok, let's leave type for now, and start with the basics.

You want a rifle that was left for him by Skadi.
It's a 4 dot Relic.

What is the motif of this Relic? What kind of tales does it lend itself to? Would it give you access to any Knack, or Purview (After Visitation)?

Ok, let's leave type for now, and start with the basics.

You want a rifle that was left for him by Skadi.
It's a 4 dot Relic.

What is the motif of this Relic? What kind of tales does it lend itself to? Would it give you access to any Knack, or Purview (After Visitation)?

Hmmm. Well given that it is from Skadi, I would think that it might be related to her, as she often seems to be associated with bow hunting too. Being a goddess of winter, I think those two would be a proper to focus on.

A purview of frost would make sense. As would a hunting knack. Though given he is already naturally using hunting knacks, then having access to frost would be better.

I'm not too clear on motifs. But I think it is a short description that sums up the weapon.

"One shot, one kill" comes to mind for any rifle. Suitable given the nature of the hunter to want to take down even the biggest of prey with a single well place blow. With the first strike being the most important. Though if more flowery is wanted I could do that as well.

The motif, while a short description, needs to be connected to the Purview it grants, like :

Jade Seal (••)
Purview:
Order
Motif: “I’m going to need that in triplicate.”

The motif, while a short description, needs to be connected to the Purview it grants, like :

Jade Seal (••)
Purview:
Order
Motif: “I’m going to need that in triplicate.”
I see! Well then. Something frosty. Something hunty. Something "cool".

Motif: As biting as the arctic winds.

I see! Well then. Something frosty. Something hunty. Something "cool".

Motif: As biting as the arctic winds.

Ok, A rifle would usually have the Firearms, Lethal, and Long Range tags.

This rifle gives you access to the Frost Purview. That's 2 of it's 4 dots.

For the other 2 dots, you can either spend them to add tags to it, get a Knack, or add a +1 Enhancement.

Ok, A rifle would usually have the Firearms, Lethal, and Long Range tags.

This rifle gives you access to the Frost Purview. That's 2 of it's 4 dots.

For the other 2 dots, you can either spend them to add tags to it, get a Knack, or add a +1 Enhancement.
I like the sound of a +1 enhancement. Whats an Enhancement?

I like the sound of a +1 enhancement. Whats an Enhancement?
An Enhancement is something that makes a challenge easier, such as a useful piece of equipment, or favorable circumstances that a character can take advantage of. If a player rolls at least one success, they receive bonus successes from any Enhancements relevant to that challenge. If an Enhancement does not specifically apply to the task at hand, or if they don’t roll at least one success, the player can’t use it.

So you need to define the parameter of the Enhancement. And in this case, it needs to be related to the rifle or frost, and doesn't even need to be about combat. You could say that it grants +1 Enhancement to hunt (all rolls from Athletics to overcome them, or Stealth to sneak up on them, or Ranged to shoot them), or to interact with people who see the gun (It can make people more amenable, or frightened of you)

An Enhancement is something that makes a challenge easier, such as a useful piece of equipment, or favorable circumstances that a character can take advantage of. If a player rolls at least one success, they receive bonus successes from any Enhancements relevant to that challenge. If an Enhancement does not specifically apply to the task at hand, or if they don’t roll at least one success, the player can’t use it.

So you need to define the parameter of the Enhancement. And in this case, it needs to be related to the rifle or frost, and doesn't even need to be about combat. You could say that it grants +1 Enhancement to hunt (all rolls from Athletics to overcome them, or Stealth to sneak up on them, or Ranged to shoot them), or to interact with people who see the gun (It can make people more amenable, or frightened of you)

Let's go with hunting enhancement then. Works with the "biting" bit regarding the motif.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back