• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Scion - New Kids on the Block (OOC)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Ok, so let's do it piece by piece.

This is the list of Skills in the game: (And possible specializations)
  • Academics: Humanities, Law, Politics, Bureaucracy, Languages Spoken
  • Athletics: Sports, Lifting/Breaking, Thrown and Ranged Weapons
  • Culture: Societies, Art/Religion Appreciation, Etiquette
  • Close Combat: Melee Weapons, Martial Arts, Assessing Enemy Fighters
  • Empathy: Emotional Cues, Lie Detection, Profiling
  • Firearms: Firing Guns, Maintaining and Modifying Firearms
  • Integrity: Emotional Fortitude, Hide Emotions/Intentions, Resist Mind Control/Torture
  • Leadership: Manage Individuals, Strategy and Tactics, Persuade Groups
  • Medicine: Diagnose and Treat Living, First Aid, Judge Creature Health
  • Occult: Cryptozoology, Secret Histories, Mystic Rituals, Paranormal Phenomena
  • Persuasion: Seducing, Debating, Compromising, Fast Talk, Persuade Individuals
  • Pilot: Drive Automobile, Pilot Watercraft, Pilot Aircraft, Ride Mount, Navigate in Vehicle
  • Science: Scientific Method, Research and Analyze Data, Create Compound and Reactions
  • Subterfuge: Deception, Stealth, Disguise, Forgery, Sleight of Hand, Lockpicking
  • Survival: Find Food and Shelter, Craft Basic Tools, Navigate on Foot, Tame Wildlife
  • Technology: Operate/Repair Software/Hardware, Programming, Electrical Engineering

Each character has three Paths that define them, and each of these gives them access to 3 skills.

One is your Origin Path: Something that defines how your character was born, an important life event, or some such. And decide on 3 skills that are connected to it.

One is your Role Path: This is your Character's area of expertise or occupation. And decide on 3 skills that are connected to it.

One is your Pantheon Path: This is based on the pantheon your godly parent is a part of. Each pantheon has 2 skills attached to it, and the third one is your choice.

Also, when you describe your Paths, try to pick a descriptive phrase. For example, I made a character that has "Black lives matter" as her Pantheon Path (She's an Orisha), her origin Path is called "I'm Entitles to my Title", since she is a rich cheerleader, and her role is "Defy me at your own risk" because she's a bitch, and a believes the world exists to do her bidding.

• aaa
    Name:
    Calling:
    Parent:

Attributes - Resilience

Physical
    Might ●●●
    Dexterity ●●●●●
    Stamina ●●●

Social
    Presence ●
    Manipulation ●
    Composure ●●●●●

Mental
    Intellect ●●
    Cunning ●●●
    Resolve ●●●●●

Skills
    Academics
    Athletics ●●●
    Close Combat ●●●●● +spears
    Culture
    Empathy ●
    Firearms ●●●●● +Rifles
    Integrity ●●
    Leadership
    Medicine ●●● +first aid
    Occult
    Persuasion ●
    Pilot ●●
    Science
    Subterfuge ●
    Survival ●●●●● +fishing
    Technology

Last edited:
Red Shadow Claws Red Shadow Claws

I'm thinking about switching to a more hunter centric god as. Maybe Skadi, The frost giantess?

I was thinking Artemis for a bit but I think she doesn't have male scions given she is a Virgin and only adopts females. (And I don't think she would be very fond of a son)

Red Shadow Claws Red Shadow Claws

I'm thinking about switching to a more hunter centric god as. Maybe Skadi, The frost giantess?

I was thinking Artemis for a bit but I think she doesn't have male scions given she is a Virgin and only adopts females. (And I don't think she would be very fond of a son)

There might be a reason she adopted a male scion. You might not like the reason, but it could happen.

There might be a reason she adopted a male scion. You might not like the reason, but it could happen.

Maybe maybe not! But I'm always up for options. Skadi is pretty cool. But she doesn't like warm environments, but I can reason than easily.

Lol he doesn't need to like the reason.. its always fun to torment ones character.. What would be some reasons she might adopt a boy?

Maybe maybe not! But I'm always up for options. Skadi is pretty cool. But she doesn't like warm environments, but I can reason than easily.

Lol he doesn't need to like the reason.. its always fun to torment ones character.. What would be some reasons she might adopt a boy?

Possible reasons might be, but are not limited to:

1. Snatching a scion from another God that irked her. Maybe she's still upset about what happened in the Illiad. Boy do these greek gods know how to hold a grudge...

2. Actually, the Illiad mentions that she taught a man to hunt. Maybe she does occasionally take male scions. But if the Illiad is to be believed, that man was later killed...

3. If he has shown to help women in need, as a self-appointed watcher over women, she might take notice, and choose him.

Possible reasons might be, but are not limited to:

1. Snatching a scion from another God that irked her. Maybe she's still upset about what happened in the Illiad. Boy do these greek gods know how to hold a grudge...

2. Actually, the Illiad mentions that she taught a man to hunt. Maybe she does occasionally take male scions. But if the Illiad is to be believed, that man was later killed...

3. If he has shown to help women in need, as a self-appointed watcher over women, she might take notice, and choose him.

Hmmm. I kinda like that approach. 1. 2. And 3. I could use that to help fuel some backstory.

Snatched from a god, unbeknownst to him really. Let's us have the option of some drama later when it comes to light.

Grew up in a house full of sisters, and took on being the protective big brother despite them seeming to get the favor and attention from mother. Still, he really shined when it came to the hunt. Taking to his mother's teachings there like a duck to water.

He may not always agree with his mother. And he may find women to be headaches and handfuls. And he may not even have always enjoyed feeling second-class compared to his sisters. He would watch over women, such as in the wilderness if he heard of any wandering alone that might not be prepared.

Probably one of the reasons he got so into hunting and fishing, as he felt it was one the few things he could bond with his mother over, and could impress her with.

Hmm. Actually I could have him be the son of Skadi before the snatching. Maybe her and Artemis had challenged each other to a hunting competition and it didn't well and Artemis got miffed.

It could set up for some fun later if Skadi gets involved, wants her son back, or learns who he is. And could present hunter with a choice later on who he sides with if she wants him back.

And to add some further fun, having titanic heritage in being from a frost giant has some potential for fun ramifications down the line.

Yeah. I can work with this. This all sound okay to you, boss?

Hmm. Actually I could have him be the son of Skadi before the snatching. Maybe her and Artemis had challenged each other to a hunting competition and it didn't well and Artemis got miffed.

It could set up for some fun later if Skadi gets involved, wants her son back, or learns who he is. And could present hunter with a choice later on who he sides with if she wants him back.

And to add some further fun, having titanic heritage in being from a frost giant has some potential for fun ramifications down the line.

Yeah. I can work with this. This all sound okay to you, boss?

It could happen, but it's not something he'd be aware of. At least for now.

It could happen, but it's not something he'd be aware of. At least for now.
Of course not. He's got nary a clue whats going on and believes in mythology as much as any normal person (not at all). His mom is just an ordinary woman, and unless Artemis told him, wouldn't even know he's adopted.

How do purviews work?

I think we don't need to worry about purviews until we get some legend or something. Basically its like or divine magic, which we right now don't really have any.

If I remember correctly, those purview are the options you have of using them naturally. You can use others but I think you need a relic or blessing or something to let you use it.

But you might want to mark them down for later.

Instead, starting out we focus more on our Calling.

For Loki, you get to choose between the callings of Liminal, Lover, and Trickster.

Choose this calling and assign it one dot.

Now, you get to choose one knack from the list assigned to that calling.

I chose Apex Predator from the Hunters calling. As I thought it would be cool to make it difficult for things trying to hunt me because I'm the hunter here. (Though I might go with "most dangerous prey")

For example, if you wanted to go with the ninja concept and chose a trickster, you might choose "Smoke and Mirrors" which lets you negate an instance of damage that might take you out by using a ninja afterimage thing.

Or you might choose "In Sheeps Clothing" to become a master of disguise.

As a note, during finishing touches, you can assign yourself 2 extra knacks OR 4 points of birthrights.

Though starting out. We can only activate one knack at a time, however many we have.

As a Pre-Visitation Scion, you don't yet have access to Purviews. Only once your divine blood has been activated, can you make use of them.

If you do decide to choose Birthrights, please discuss them with me.
I haven't decided yet to go with two extra knacks or birthright. But if I went went a birthright, what would you like us to keep in mind? For example, if I wanted a relic of some sort.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back