• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Science Fantasy

Ulrich

Completely free-form roleplay, no "applications" or anything of the sort. Just jump right in, find your niche, and have a good time of it.

===

*k-chew*

The shot echoed throughout the forest. The troll slumped forward against the tree that it’d been using as a latrine, and just over 200 yards away, the marksman stood from his prone position.

/skip/

Later that afternoon, I walked the streets of Mirstone City, hungry for a hot meal and thirsting for a strong drink. I turned towards a placed called "The Drunken Horse", sounds of laughter and merrymaking emanating from within.

“As good a place as any”

With that, I tie off my horse at the front and enter the establishment.

(Sorry for taking such a long time to reply)

Belgrim was at the local tavern known as "The Drunken Horse", spending what little money he had on food and drinks while loudly telling everyone who was either willing to listen or just unfortunately enough to sit close enough about one of his adventures.

"So there I was, in the middle of the biggest storm this half of the century." He said, as he took a bite of the grilled chicken he'd ordered. He immediately continued his story, not even taking enough time to swallow the food. "I didn't even have an boat, I had to share barrel with an furious tiger the entire time". Most people either snickered or rolled their eyes at the last line, but there were a few people who were either drunk enough believe him or polite enough to pretend they did. Ignoring the former group, he turned to the latter and started to continue telling the story.

Last edited:
"Hmph. Somebody's had too much to drink..."- the lone sniper thinks to himself.

Removing my hood, revealing my clean-shaved face. I come a hand through my shaggy oak brown hair to straighten it. Deep green eyes scan the rest of the establishment, short pointed ears picking up even the subtlest of sounds. I stride across to the bar, a single bullet clattering on the wood.

"I'll have a shot."- I say to the bartender. When I finally have my drink in hand, I turn in my seat, thinking that the apparent drunk might be worth some mild amusement.

(Sorry for the late reply, been sort of busy today)

"And it was no normal tiger either, this one was at least 10 feet tall and it's teeth was the size of swords" Belgrim proudly claimed as he grabbed an half full mug of ale that some very unlucky person had left within arms reach of him, luckily it's previous owner was either too drunk to notice or too interested in the story to notice. He quickly drank what remained of the ale before throwing the now empty mug over his shoulder, after which he let out a rather loud burp.

"Tell us, stranger! How did you ever manage to kill the beast?" -I call from my seat at the bar.

"Surely, it must've been no easy feat?!"

The more sober patrons gleaming the tinge of sarcasm in my comments, though, quite unsure if it went over the storytellers head.

"It was a fierce battle indeed. Why, that beast nearly tore my arm off" Belgrim replied as he looked around to see if anyone else had made the mistake of leaving something drinkable close to him, but he quickly realized that wasn't the case. In fact, those closest to him seemed to have an extra firm grip on their mugs. He then turned his attention towards the stranger. "But I'm afraid you're going to have to buy me a drink before I finish that story"

With a deep laugh, I slam a few coins onto the bar.

"Sure, why not? It's been awhile..."

Belgrim ran over to the bar as fast as his small legs could carry him. He arrived just as the tavern keeper collected the money and put down mug of ale. Belgrim greedily grabbed the mug as fast as he could, and drank up the ale almost immediately. After he was finished, he threw mug over his shoulders and sat down besides the stranger.

"So, you want to know how I defeated the tiger, do you?" Belgrim said as he chuckled to himself, amused by the fact that the stranger seemed believe his story even though he appeared to be entirely sober. "To make a long story short, I took a firm grip of it by the neck, and threw it overboard. I could tell you the details, but I don't want to bore you."

"Oh, you don't want that." Belgrim said in the most nonchalant tone he could muster. He pretended to yawn and got up from the table. "Besides, it's getting late. I should probably go and hit the hay."

"Typical" I say, aloud, "Drinking and running. And, here, I was looking forward to hearing a heroic tale for once."

Out of the storm walked a man in a black cloak. He had heard that his target had just recently arrived at the town's tavern, and was here to stop him. Entering the tavern, the man asked Belgrim if he had time to step outside for a little.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back