• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic Sci Fi: The Equinox ((sandbox // space adventure)) - no roles open

Interested~ Just saw that someone might be making a CS for the security officer, so I get it if you're closing the check up.

Alternatively, I noticed the roles don't mention a navigations officer. A crewmember to handle cartography, communications and perform administrative logistics for the captain on the bridge could be very useful. I imagine they would also cooperate with the science officer in using technology to explore new locations, with the security officer to assist coordinating combat operations and of course with the captain to relay information and directives.

I was hoping to tack on a political expertise to the character I'd make as well, allowing them to help advise the captain/others on more diplomatic missions. I'm even willing to play as an on-ship AI if it makes too many head-officers/divisions.

If this is changing too much, I understand. Awesome concept, would love to be involved~

Interested~ Just saw that someone might be making a CS for the security officer, so I get it if you're closing the check up.

Alternatively, I noticed the roles don't mention a navigations officer. A crewmember to handle cartography, communications and perform administrative logistics for the captain on the bridge could be very useful. I imagine they would also cooperate with the science officer in using technology to explore new locations, with the security officer to assist coordinating combat operations and of course with the captain to relay information and directives.

I was hoping to tack on a political expertise to the character I'd make as well, allowing them to help advise the captain/others on more diplomatic missions. I'm even willing to play as an on-ship AI if it makes too many head-officers/divisions.

If this is changing too much, I understand. Awesome concept, would love to be involved~
This sounds really interesting, I think it'd make a great addition!

It depends on how much we could fill an OOC chat. If we aren't using it too much then Discord won't be necessary, but if we feel like hashing things out frequently then Discord is mostly preferable for keeping discussions in order.

I think a discord would be good. I imagine there would be a lot to plan with a concept like this. Might be good for organization purposes too
Okay, unless anyone objects I'll make a discord server! And with the new navigator character if Kloudy does indeed decide to participate, I think we can go ahead and begin.

6cb6e844366337d83fe11e0dabb2b066.gif
Hologram_call_SS_generic.jpg

Navigations Officer Tobi - [toh-bee]
#cT08-11; Navigations; Tobi

Height : N/A
Weight : N/A
Race information :
Holo-Sapient (AI)

Biography :
db1hk09-97dd6aec-0013-4de0-8eaa-3df2600cf7ff.jpg

Much of Tobi's history is closed behind A.G.A.T.H.A. redaction for reasons not publicly made available, but the records that are there state he drifted into human-controlled space on a derelict spacecraft. Barely functional, the distress beacon he sent out was picked up by local law enforcement and he was taken in for examination. They were able to recover the device that housed his core systems, but unwittingly without any of his communication hardware. The records begin to thin out in deleted sections around this time, but it's inferred that Tobi's blackbox was experimented on prior to the understanding that he was alive.

Years passed, possibly decades, and Tobi was eventually able to reorganise his programs to establish a connection with a nearby console. Much to the surprise of A.G.A.T.H.A.'s scientists and engineers, the small box they had found was able to talk to them. They quickly found the box was called Tobi and he proved to be very much alive. Tentatively giving humanity the benefit of the doubt, Tobi chose to work for them as an integrate-migrated citizen. Eventually he became an experienced communications officer, serving as the onboard AI and assistant to various captains, research representatives and even admirals.

In recent days Tobi is assigned to lost and new frontier exploration. Feeling better suited to drifting between worlds than getting caught in the gravity of their politics; he now excavates forgotten colonies, reclaims derelicts and catalogues new worlds. He has also reported practicing a fun hobby he calls "people watching" with some humour.

Abilities :
A small list of Tobi's operational programs.
  • Systems Interfacing - Tobi can wirelessly connect or be directly plugged into nearby electronics to gain access to their operations.
  • Aggressive Protocols - Once interfaced, Tobi can implement more malicious hacking programs to bypass firewalls and shut-outs. He strongly dislikes using this on sapient systems.
  • Agatha Databases - As his memory exists within A.G.A.T.H.A.'s cloud-computing databases, Tobi can not only back himself up in the case of getting his shell (body) destroyed but also has access to a vast collection of humanity's records.
  • Probability Calculation - With enough processing power Tobi can draw up simulations to predict how live scenarios may turn out. The more hardware he has access to, the more accurate the simulation. This can assist tactics, strategy, aim, danger avoidance and many other fields of work.
  • Adaptive Shell - More a hermit crab than a bipedal, Tobi much prefers to house his consciousness in various systems rather than a single body. A starship is preferable, but other communicative devices or miscellaneous robotics can work.
  • Module: Xeno-Socio-Politics - Tobi has spent many years studying the leaderships, ideologies and diplomatic histories of the galaxy. He is considered an expert in sapient politics.

Misc :
In simulation space Tobi likes to treat himself to sunset picnics.
-
When asked, he tends to avoid the subject of his past.
-

Last edited:
Looks great! If everyone wants to PM me their discord usernames, I’ll set up the OOC and get the IC thread up today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back