• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic Sci-fi - Military - Space - Survival

norway

a white butterfly
what do you mean, the entire stations offline?

Do you need it spelled out for you? Vessel H.O.P.E. is completely gone — no communications, the systems gone dark, I can’t get a hold of anyone. The docking stations aren’t extended, we’d have to send someone in blind.

And what the fuck are you waiting for?

The first thing my people will tell me is that they don’t get paid enough for this. And don’t give me that bullshit about we’re saving lives. Positivity isn’t real favorable around here.

We aren’t just losing people, John, we are losing valuable data that makes our paychecks. If we lose this station, we lose the research center. If we lose the scientists, we lose the entire point of this operation and all of our funding.

Then maybe you shouldn’t have put them in orbit.

It’s the only place we could risk what we’re doing and have a lesser chance of an outbreak...

...what the fuck are you doing up there?

that was the billion dollar question. What was going on, truly, within the HOPE station? News media and visitation was forbidden, only badged and authorized officials were allowed to even communicate with certain individuals residing on the vessel. It was suspicious but inquiries were usually shut down very quick, everything was on a tight, need to know basis. Even when the systems died and nothing was reciprocated, not much was discussed and a lot of people were left in the metaphorical darkness.

That was, until communications came blaring through after a dark period of three days.

“If anyone can hear me, this is biomedical engineer # 3888, Elizabeth Wright — anyone there? Do you copy? Somebody better god damn copy! The stations down! People are dead! HOPE went very, very wrong!”

Although the situation had not been immediately dealt with, this outcry could not go unnoticed even with all the legal bickering and authoritative arguments. Plus, the alleged survivor in question was one of their best - she was worth grabbing, especially as she had the documentation the foundation was relying on at her finger tips and could retrieve it upon her rescue.

That was the negotiation.

“I expect nothing less than you fuckers telling me to risk my life for a folder.” She would begrudgingly agree, with no room for her own negotiation. “I expect a welcoming party and a lot of vodka if I get back.”

And so YC, along with a couple others, are chosen for a breach and rescue, and with unknown hostile forces and potential chemical hazards. Although stated as a search and rescue survivors, the real mission is to find the scientific documentation and get off the ship.

——

m x f • no doubling, but npcs and sides are welcome and encouraged • survival • romance • action • planetary exploration

Main focus will be something like alien isolation, lots of in vessel drama but also exploring beyond that as the scientific experiments break out and risk infecting other environments and ships.

Anyone down?

If you're still looking for a partner, this seems interesting. Although the post date is a while back, if you're still running it, message me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back