• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Sci Fi Empires and Politics

Maybe they weren't that advanced during the travel. It's possible they just shot out a bunch of lower tech arc ships with frozen colonists and hoped for the best.

And there is a difference between having advanced technology and understanding it.

It will always bug me to have a people who should be more advanced and were but in order to not power game it is hand waved away as they forgot because of reasons
So why're you bothered with someone preemptively nerfing themselves in order to make their faction a certain way, largely for story purposes? I left it deliberately vague, albeit I had some ideas stashed away (some of which I brought up) to mention in passing when the RP started, because if they had a real connection to this other 'galaxy' it would logically be overpowered and ridiculed. That isn't hand waving whatsoever. If anything is shows I put deliberate forethought into this.

well so far their plan for colonization seems to be aim at galaxy hope for best
Ever read about real world colonization, when the Americas among other places were found? Each explorer was as ridiculous as the last, simply because they didn't know. They were ignorant and unprepared, because they're not all-knowing and they have finite people and resources.

your people have to have colonized other worlds in their home galaxy they will know exactly what is required

in truth it just makes it seem more and more like your people were idiot and barely thought this plan out like it was some kind of super super expensive death sentence

your people have to have colonized other worlds in their home galaxy they will know exactly what is required
The Europeans have colonized other islands in their home continent they will know exactly what is required to settle the New World.

*Roanoke and Jamestown flashbacks*

Galaxies are different. You aren't always gonna find the exact same type of planets each time.

yes because having paper maps and best guesses is the same as having done this millions of times while having an entire galaxy of resources to draw from and scientific minds which can observe your destination and calculate what the make up will be and where it will been in several thousand years

What if they didnt have a whole galaxy. What if there was some great threat, a war or plague that drove them out and they simply had to do with what they could get in a short time.

yes because having paper maps and best guesses is the same as having done this millions of times while having an entire galaxy of resources to draw from and scientific minds which can observe your destination and calculate what the make up will be and where it will been in several thousand years
I never mentioned they had an entire galaxy to themselves or have colonized millions of planets before. Besides, scientists are notoriously unreliable when it comes to long term definitive answers about space. They can't be sure, half the shit they say today are guesses. Educated ones, yeah, but they can't be certain.

then why leave they have plenty of space to use simply bunker down and wait then recolonize your home

if you didn't control your own home galaxy or run out of resources why did they leave a galaxy isn't exactly a small place

so instead of fight for their home they instead chose to basically take certain death instead of certain death

so instead of fight for their home they instead chose to basically take certain death instead of certain death
A chance is a chance. A choice is a choice. A chance AND a choice is far more appealing than doing what you would be much less successful at achieving.

yes but shooting yourself and family in a random direction and hoping the next galaxy over isn't 100% toxic to your form of life is basically going well lets all die but in a different location especially if the stuff was made fast and with minimal thought put into it to house refuges

personally i am with Crumbli Crumbli in the no extra galactic races thing

No more extra galactic races please, I will have to nerf them to keep it not op. Also everyone that’s posting sheets is going to edit the shit out of the template so you’re all gonna have to redo your sheets anyways :)

Also this is the Milky Way galaxy, so why not have a super sci fi human empire based near our solar system???

No more extra galactic races please, I will have to nerf them to keep it not op. Also everyone that’s posting sheets is going to edit the shit out of the template so you’re all gonna have to redo your sheets anyways :)

Also this is the Milky Way galaxy, so why not have a super sci fi human empire based near our solar system???
Take a look at the history of my empire, what about it would rationally lead anyone to say its OP? I clearly stated their civilization severely regressed.

Honestly I have to agree with pat they did state how they would be balanced mine was about how they shouldn't be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back