• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern School of Power

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Vetr Wyrd
Tags:
Pandy88888 Pandy88888 Deadwood Deer Deadwood Deer Verite Verite BippityBoppityBoop BippityBoppityBoop Sybil Sybil Slav Slav

myDWuk0.png

She keeps her arms crossed for a while as the scene plays out before sighing "Just try to be smarter about it at least, moderation you know? Last thing we need is someone doing something silly in a drunken stupor you know?" Her gaze ends up on Charlotte and squatting down in front of them "So do you want to get some water? maybe food to soak up the stuff?" nodding to Orma "A quiet place would be good in either case, kinda harder in a busy mall but sure you can work something out. Just try to be careful ok, Im waving as well by the way Charlotte" still aware that waving back to a blind girl might not have been that effective without the narration to accompany it.

Rashida Jones
Interactions: AquaMarie AquaMarie

"It's one of the few things I can eat like on the public," Rashida admitted. "A smoothie had been my second option...but I'm more hungry then I originally thought." As they made their way to the foodcourt Rashida spoke up again. "I understand that the government would want regulated "heroes" on their payroll, but I'm not sure if they are used to their best ability."

Rashida pondered if she should say what she was planning on, but if they were going to be roommates she figured it was best to get it all out. "I'm concerned the government only uses them as their personal hit squad to target things they don't agree with."

Ayako Akiyama - Outer Courtyard
Interactions: Deadwood Deer Deadwood Deer
Ayako only sighed silently as she gradually let herself calm down. Though her expression had remained constant throughout the entire exchange, the girl felt as though her heart raced faster for every second that she had to interact with Vetr. In one way or another, after all, she was a diffident person. It was plain to see for anyone that she wasn't the most sociable person around, and there was more than one reason for that.

Who was she even irritated at anymore? Vetr for being her overbearing self? Or maybe herself for getting herself caught up in this stupid situation? Well, whatever. At least it was passed. But now that left her with Kai here. A part of her was ready to just up and walk away from the situation and move on for the day, but another part of Ayako began nagging at her, the very same part that urged her to even step into the fray in the first place. And before she knew it, the girl turned to face Kai suddenly.

"Hey, uh..." Ayako began to stammer, her brow still furrowed as she averted her direct gaze from Kai. It was an intense, piercing glare, but also the kind where it seemed like she wasn't entirely doing it on purpose. "Did you even eat yet? I was just gonna head back, maybe see if there was anything to make at the dorm. Or I guess stop by a corner store and pick something up. If you really want to stick around," Ayako coughed. "Not that I really care either way."

Christoph Albrecht

Christoph gave off a small laugh at Charlotte's comment about his taste. That was coming from the girl who was drinking straight liquor. He turned his focus back on Vetr and it seemed that her focus shifted away from him, causing him to give a sigh of relief. He was just glad that he was no longer the focus of the conversation. As he was about pop another piece of gum into his mouth, he felt a tug from behind and turned to see Charlotte gesturing to him to follow. Christoph popped the extra piece of gum in his mouth and followed Charlotte. He wasn't exactly looking to be left behind with Vetr who seemed to have a bone to pick with him. He put his hands in his pockets and continued to follow Orma and Charlotte closely. Maybe he'd actually be able to achieve what he came into the mall for in the first place.

Interactions: BippityBoppityBoop BippityBoppityBoop Sybil Sybil PlusUltra PlusUltra

Kai Skinner
Amoeba|Outer Courtyard|Interaction: Verite Verite (Ayako)
Assimilated: Ayako, Aquifex, Vetr​

1589762527336.png

Kai had been turning to leave when Ayako addressed her again. "Hmm? Oh, I was waiting until the cafeteria cleared out some," she replied, "I haven't had a chance to eat, yet." She perked up a bit at the mention of sticking around. "Please, I've been trying to be social but every time I try Vetr shows up and I can't keep the face up around her," she blurted. kai immediately realized what came out of her mouth a bit too late to keep from finishing that statement. "Ignore that! It's not important, I promise!" That wasn't something Kai had meant for anyone to hear. The thought briefly passed through Kai's mind that maybe she'd absorbed some of Vetr's talkativeness at the same time as her hair.

Orma
Interactions: PlusUltra PlusUltra BippityBoppityBoop BippityBoppityBoop Slav Slav

The words of wisdom, or at least basic knowledge, from Vetr was heard by the most reclusive of this random trio who somehow became their line leader. She gave the roommate of hers a wave, looking back with her lazy look in her eyes. “Don’t worry....we will see....you again soon.... enough.... just need...some quiet....see you... soon... roommate.”

With that she kept the group in tow, making sure to account for her likely wobbly friend she was guiding. Her goal was simple, find a place in the mall that was the least popular entrance, and from there she would locate the least busy store fronts that had benches and possibly even just comfy chairs to sit in. Thankfully since this mall seemed well off, there were chairs which she would guide the poor drunkard and their friend to.

A drunk, a smoker, and a freak walk into a mall.... they all look like idiots... I didn’t come to school to use the skills I learned at home.... not here with people I just met....

A frank thought with dry humor from what was normally a careful girl, Orma didn’t even consider how she was with somewhat repeating history, but she soon shook it out of her brain as she turned her attention to assuring this situation wouldn’t escalate.

Charlotte.....how long..... have you.....been..... drinking today?....... Consecutively?

Charlotte Monroe
Mentions/ Interactions: Slav Slav Sybil Sybil

As they trudged on through the ever crowding mall, Charlotte began to lean into Orma’s guiding hand. It wasn’t a conscious decision, but the feeling of being guided by someone else was somewhat comforting to her. This feeling came with great suddenness that surprised Charlotte so much she nearly came to a dead halt. She, even in her current state, knew that the one thing she hated most was what was happening currently.

Not that she blamed Orma for her assistance, but at any other time Charlotte knew she would have snapped at her friend for the innocent gesture. One might chalk it up to her drunken state, as she herself was doing now, but perhaps there was something more deep seated in the small movement than just that. Only a really good psychologist could begin to tangle that mess however, and the thought quickly vanished along with Vetr and her posse.

“Mmwe hafta go to the uh... the store! For New Yerk here.” She gestured to Chris as if Orma didn’t know who the hell she was talking about. Her words came out slurred, and it somewhat frustrated Charlotte. She knew what she was trying to say, but it was as if a road block stood between her brain and her mouth. It was impossible to speak correctly at this point.

“Hahaha! Orma yur a ffffrekin genius you are! Thas a good joke. Good one. You should let him hear,” Charlotte offered, not wanting Chris to be left out. Then her mind quickly switched to earlier that day. Then earlier than that. How late had she stayed up again?

“I uh... I was up ‘tilllll... I stayed up late,” she offered, trying to think of the exact moment she started drinking, “oh! I talked to ‘m good fer nothin’ mother! I was drinkin then fer sure.” She shrugged. It was all a real haze now, but that answer seemed good enough, although she really had started drinking until her first class had started that morning.

Christoph Albrecht

It would be great to go shopping but dragging a girl who can't even make a coherent sentence would be quite awful. "We can go shopping later. I'm in no rush to get clothing." Christoph said to Charlotte though he was quite sure that she was too drunk to understand. He tried his best to ignore her drunk rambling, getting increasingly annoyed at her current condition. It's good to know your limits when it comes to the stuff, he's learned this quickly after a few parties. He continued to munch on his gum till they passed a trash can and he threw it away. It was starting to lose its flavor.

Christoph turned his attention back to Charlotte, "Next time you should try and not drink during the school day. Orma can't go around carrying you around everywhere." He said running his hand through his hair. He didn't like telling people how they carry their lives but this is a problem he didn't want to deal with in the future. He was pretty sure Orma probably felt the same way about it.

Interactions: Sybil Sybil BippityBoppityBoop BippityBoppityBoop

Orma
Interactions: BippityBoppityBoop BippityBoppityBoop Slav Slav

I.... want... to just make....it through this.... drink... at your own... private time... please... Charlotte....” She just worked those choice words out, still with the bottle in her hand. If it was a normalplastic bottle it was getting tossed in the trash now, but if it was something other than flimsy plastic she would pour it own in a trashcan and keep the container close.

We... can’t risk you... getting in trouble... over this... so Chris is right.... shop later.... ok? So let’s not stop... in the middle of... this place...” The ability to no longer move Charlotte of her own will was troublesome to say the least, and largely she was still ignoring the comment about the joke whether it be intentional or not.

Vetr was...right though.... we need to... get her some water... can you... watch her?

Charlotte Monroe
Mentions/ Interactions: Slav Slav Sybil Sybil

"Yea yea I know. Iiii know." Charlotte said grumpily, answering both of them. She could feel anger rearing it's ugly head again. It was a dull feeling, one she could have easily let go but instead held onto. She wasn't exactly sure who or what it was directed at, but it was certainly there. She sighed and tried to focus on where she was headed. Because her head was swimming (At this point it felt more like drowning) with booze, it was extremely difficult to listen to other's thoughts to find her way around.

Charlotte didn't even attempt her skills with echolocation. She had tried once before while intoxicated and only wound up with a bloody nose. In the back of her mind she knew both Chris and Orma were right. She really needed to lay off of the alcohol, especially in public. The question of course, was would she actually go through with that. And the obvious answer was no. At least not anytime soon.

While locating her way through the crowd (After having to apologize multiple times to the people she ran into) it began to thin out, and suddenly it was as if the three of them had reached a deserted town. Of course Charlotte had no way of knowing if there was a bench around, so she stood still, waiting for the other two to figure out where to go. When Orma suggested leaving to get water, Charlotte was quick to deny the offer.

"Mmm noo no. 'M not gonna be babysit- sat, no way." She shook her head like a petulant child.

df9af40f962bb10bf3a805553e034a81 (2).jpgAmelia Elena Willis
Mentions/Interactions: Rashida ( Charles Babel Charles Babel )

Amelia followed Rashida listening to her as she spoke as they made their way over towards the sushi place. She gently nods intrigued with Rashida’s input about government-regulated heroes. “Right…..even though I would want to believe that the government would use the heroes for good. Helping out their people, keeping citizens safe…..I agree with you...at times the government’s use of heroes isn’t very ethical” she replied agreeing that the government did use heroes as their personal hit squad.

Aquifex
Interaction: PlusUltra PlusUltra
“Hey, V!” He waved. “There’s still the superhero person! Do you wanna go with me or do whatever you do?” He asked vaguely. “I guess we could wait for the lines to thin out too.” He added. “That’s on the table, or desk, or chopping board or whatever.” He mentally facepalmed, What am I doing? He wondered. Meh, V’s pretty interesting, might as well do whatever. He decided.

“I guess there’s also other mall stuff, like shopping or food. Hey, do you think Kai’s coming?” He remembered. “I’m guessing not, but you probably know him better, I have him in like, one class.”

Christoph Albrecht

"I can watch her, go get some water." Christoph said focusing his attention on Charlotte, "I'm not babysitting you, you're not a baby. You're just a drunken teen in a mall." He said with a bit of a laugh at the end. To think this would be the situation he was in when he went to the mall. Life really threw you some curveballs sometimes. His gaze rarely left Charlotte though he would occasionally glance to see if a bench was nearby. He finally was able to catch sight of one.

"We're gonna go sit down and if you be nice, I'll buy you a cup of coffee or something later." Christoph said gently grabbing Charlotte's hand and guiding her towards the bench. He was treating her like a child but drunk people acted like children. That's why you'll never see Christoph drunk, he hates being perceived as a child. Once they finally arrived at the bench, Christoph beckoned her to take seat, "Even in your state, I think you're capable of taking a seat." Christoph said with a smirk.

Rashida Jones

"I'm sorry if I'm coming off negative," Rashida replied. "I just don't trust like that. Especially big things with agendas." Despite a large number of people in the mall the duo ended up at the food court area after a bit.

Rashida looked around among the different restaurant stands until she saw a place where she could order some sushi. "You can tag along with me...if you want, but it looks like there's a lot to choose from. If you decide on something different however is done first tries and gets a seat somewhere, alright?" Rashida didn't hear how bossy she was being before she headed towards the line to the sushi stand.

Orma
Interactions: BippityBoppityBoop BippityBoppityBoop Slav Slav

The offer to watch the empath was appreciated, the bandana wearing girl nearing the end of her rope with ideas at this point. She turned on her heel and departed, carrying the booze with her to dispose of. The nearest bathroom would do, and sure enough she would poor out the contents and dispose of the plastic bottle.... at least she planned on it. That was until her stomach growled at her aggressively as she poured out the bottle, her mouth salivating at the noise and making the girl’s jaws to open slightly.

Ugh.... at least I emptied it...

She would feed the bottle to herself, the plastic crunching and tearing in the jaws before swallowing, her body taking it down as her mind thought on ways to get more food.

Should be some.... food... here... get a water bottle for... the drunk one.

She would make a straight shot, following some directional signs of course, to the food court and quickly ordering some food, getting two burgers and two water bottles. That took a few minutes but eventually she had what she needed and made her way back, eating the burgers wrapping and all as she walked by feeding them to herself under the bandana as best she could.

After maybe 8-10 minutes Orma would return holding out a water bottle to Charlotte’s hand to nudge it. “Thank... you.... for waiting.... here....I got you... water....

Charlotte Monroe
Interactions/ Mentions: Sybil Sybil Slav Slav

An irritated sigh escaped Charlotte’s lips as she turned in the general direction to face Chris. She was about to give some sarcastic retort to Chris’ somewhat sarcastic comments but was quickly shut down when she felt his hand gently grab hers to guide her towards an appropriate sitting location. She tugged away instinctively, but because of her drunken stupor wasn’t able to effectively pull away.

“‘M sure you’ve had yer lil’,” a hiccup broke her comment, then, “moments. Don’t tell me y’ve never drunk.. drank in public.” It was her way of trying to reason with him, but she couldn’t tell if it was working or not. They sat at the bench and Charlotte rested her head on her hands which were propped up with her knees. Her mouth was turned down in a small, childlike frown. After about a moment or two, she had resorted to laying her head down.

“What kinda coffee is there?” She asked, her voice muffled. She didn’t even know they had coffee at the mall until today.

After a few moments Orma had come back. Charlotte grabbed the water easily, still not looking up from where her head lay.

“Thanks.” She mumbled.

Ayako Akiyama and Ren Tsukino - Outer Courtyard to Residence Hall
Interactions: Deadwood Deer Deadwood Deer Charles Babel Charles Babel
"Uuh--" Ayako blinked as Kai responded to her offer much more enthusiastically than expected, to the point that Ayako found herself feeling embarrassed as well, furrowing her brow some more. Instinctively, she leaned back a bit in response to Kai's energy, before letting out a visible exhale once she simmered down a bit. Even though she was the one who offered, now Ayako just felt like a bit of an idiot. This was what she got for interacting with other people, it seemed.

"Whatever. I don't mind it that much either way," the raven-haired girl uttered gruffly, noncommittally, deciding to let Kai tag along in any case. Pocketing her hands, she began walking back to the dorms.

As Ayako made her way toward Azurite Dorm, she passed through the Residence Hall in the meantime, something of a common lounge area. Though it had its own share of other students kicking back during lunch period, it definitely wasn't as crowded as the actual cafeteria. In the middle of the area, an enthusiastic feminine voice could be heard by Ayako as she drew close.

"Okay! So! What do you want first, Ann? Noodles or the sandwich? Is there even a microwave here or anything? Should be, right? Good thing we found that corner store so easily, huh?~ Looked like none of the other new kids found out about it yet!" Ren Tsukino -- still in feminine form -- said as they sat opposite Ann Dolby, digging through a white grocery bag in their lap while another bag lay at their feet, filled up with small-time groceries like cup noodles and pre-made sandwiches... and sandwich ingredients to boot. As Ayako began to pass by, Ren suddenly gave a wave to Ayako, taking notice of the perpetually scowling girl, deflecting her tired look with their own eager smile.

"Oh, it's you! You're the girl from yesterday at the festival, right? You recognize her, don't you, Ann? The girl who tried to break up that fight! But couldn't because someone else tried to instead!" Ren said rather specifically.

"And here, I thought we'd be alone," Ayako murmured in a tone that was difficult to ascertain whether it was relief, disappointment, or a bit of both.

Not seeming to hear Ayako's soft words, Ren then turned their gaze to Kai as well, giving a wave. "Hiya! First-year too? Want something to eat? We just made off like bandits from the nearby corner store!" They exclaimed eagerly, lifting up the bag from their lap.

Kai Skinner
Amoeba|Residence Hall
Interaction/Mention: Verite Verite Charles Babel Charles Babel
Assimilated: Aquifex, Ayako, Vetr​

1590103544507.png

As the two moved through the school, Kai somewhat behind Ayako, partly because Kai could barely read the school map, and partly because Kai was still a recluse, even though she was trying not to be. Old habits die hard, not that Kai wasn't trying to break them.

As people appeared once more, Kai found herself walking more stiffly, still trying to avoid contact despite being fully covered. Not that she thought anyone would be as eager to touch as some had been so far, but you never know. She did find it a little weird, however, that they were heading in the opposite direction of the corner store, deeper into the school. Well, maybe she's going to get her wallet?, Kai thought. Kai kept hers inside her jacket, but they were different people. "I can pay for lunch if you-" Ayako's attention was brought to the two eating sandwiches and ramen in the lounge room.
"First year here or..." Kai did not understand the first question. The second, however, Kai did understand. "What's on the menu?", she asked, stepping out from behind Ayako to get a better look at the situation. "I'm Kai, you?"

Ann Dolby - Outer Courtyard to Residence Hall
Interactions: Deadwood Deer Deadwood Deer Verite Verite

"Last year there was!" Ann replied looking around the room trying to find it. "Buuuut looks like they changed it from last year? Eh, we'll find it no sweat!" Ann had been with her new best friend all day and she seemed to have been having a good time as she sat in the sofa with Ren while peeling up a chocolate bar wrapper. "You know last year during one of my cravings I toasted some bread and boiled the noodles and like...squished them together." She took a bite from her bar. "It wasn't half bad actually."

As Ren's focus went to Ayako and Kai, Ann would give them a friendly wave. "Oh yeah I remember her! You know you have a pretty good grumpy face on you! Always look so done all the time I love it! And you!" She pointed her finger towards Kai. "Ann's the name and I hope you have an awesome first year!"

"no it's alright...really no need to apologize" she replied. Although their viewpoints are not exactly the same, that didn't mean they could not be friends right? Amelia had read that friendship is made with people with the same interests and viewpoints. Although she somewhat agreed she figured if you were too similar it won’t be any fun.

Following Rashida they reached the food court. She stopped and took a look around “so many choices” she quietly whispered to herself. Taking another look she spotted the Mangolian grill. “Alright sounds like a plan all meet you at a table” she said with a smile. Making her way towards the Mangolian grill booth.

Vetr Wyrd
Tags:
Pandy88888 Pandy88888 (Open)

myDWuk0.png

She seems to ponder the question for a few moments before responding "If its going as planned, Kai should currently be socializing and expanding their social group, working at getting more relaxed after the previous Stress. I'll need to review it when I get back but for now?" she scans the denser crowds before looking above to the second floor that gave a good view with less people. "Lets try out a few of the stalls up there! Maybe i can even find something cute as a present to bring back for Kai.....then maybe a good meal at the food court, and if possible some of those cute little soaps in the shapes of cakes if they have those here"

Christoph Albrecht

"I've had my fair share of drinks in public but it's takes more to get woozy off of beer." Christoph said replying to her comment. He really wasn't a liquor person, beer was his go to drink. He shuffled in his seat for a few moments, trying to find a comfortable position for his long legs. Once he finally found a comfortable, he turned his head to answer her question, "You know, frappuccinos, cappuccinos, lattes, anything a real coffee shop would serve. A good cup of espresso would do you good." He said thinking about a cup of espresso, he could definitely go far another cup. His gaze shifted to Orma who finally arrived with water. "It took you awhile, did you get lost?" He asked the quiet girl. His hand moved into his pockets to retrieve another piece to pop into his mouth. Staving off his cravings throughout the day was annoying.

Rashida Jones

Rashida nodded as she made her way to the line to the Sushi place. There were a number of people before her but the line went by surprisingly fast. Taking her order and a quick awkward stumble from the cashier when Rashida took out her card with her teeth to pay for the meal and then a helpful request if they could bring it to the table when the sushi was done later, Rashida found one of the few empty two seating tables left and sat down to wait for Amelia and her food.

It was quite rare for Rashida to go out and eat and she hoped at Amelia wasn't going to be weirded out by how she usually ate her food.

Orma
Interactions: Slav Slav BippityBoppityBoop BippityBoppityBoop

“..... you... are welcome... and of course... I got lost.... it is.... new to me.” She let the bottle go as Charlotte took it and turned to look at Chris, her tired eyes just looking at him. A habit she formed, when she lies even a little she forces herself to make eye contact. After all she heard on television that avoiding eye contact was a tell that you were lying. She watched a lot of television.... but she turned back to Charlotte to speak at her specifically.

Regardless.... of why you drank.... or why you drink....you both.... should avoid this.... not a good.... way to spend time.... keep drinking Charlotte....if you vomit.... sit up before.... and do it... in the trashcan.... over here.... you will feel......better if yo... have to....” With that she turned back to the older boy, her hazel eyes locking onto his eyes.

And you.... be honest.... did you supply... her?” She had to confirm, maybe when Vetr accused him she knew something Orma didn’t!

Amelia made her way towards the Mongolian grill. There really wasn't much of a line about two people in front of her. After picking out her ingredients and toping, her food was made. With her food and drink on a try she walked over towards the tables. Stopping she looked around searching for Rashida. Having spotted her, she made her way to the table and sat across from her. Not seeing food in front of Rashida she figured they were going to bring it out to her. Then reality hit her, it had not crossed her mind, but how was Rashida going to eat her meal. She wanted to ask but was unsure if it would be rude of her to ask.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back