• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern School of Power

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Vetr Wyrd
Tags:
@AquaMarie Sybil Sybil BippityBoppityBoop BippityBoppityBoop (Open)

myDWuk0.png

The tall girl turns at the sound of the familiar consonant and voice to see the boy from yesterday "Hmm? Oh that does sound lovely I was debating if to head down with the crowds and such but I think ill manage if i jump around a bit" skipping over to join the boy before stopping before him "Though I really haven't been one to read many biographies so ill need to take your word for it, I'm sure it could be interesting to meet this Sarah Conner person in either case...maybe get some shopping in too! Oh you haven't seen Kai around have you?" stopping and scanning the environment for any sight of the girl before a familiar covered silhouette catches her eye off in a far corner "KAI! DO YOU WANT TO COME ALONG TO THE MALL AS WELL!" gesturing them over before turning to the blind arrival "Hmm? why not? I mean just because you cant see what your wearing doesn't mean you shouldn't have fun, I mean could also get something really comfy for you, and some cool glasses! Part of the fun in styles is having them express how your feeling and are to others you know?" going to take both of the students by the hand as she skips along "Let's just grab Kai and we can be all set!"

[/USER]

Orma
Interactions: None (open)
Mentions: PlusUltra PlusUltra BippityBoppityBoop BippityBoppityBoop Pandy88888 Pandy88888

Orma’s interactions with other students, even her roommate, was scarce if at all and less inviting with her bandana over half her face. Her ability to withstand crowds as definitely lacking as well, so it wasn’t the people’s fault it was her insecurities. This is why she ended up eating in a corner of the lunchroom, trying to date her high metabolism and her hunger while not showing off her bone jaw under the bandana.

Her lunch was only made more difficult by the yelling protestors not too far from the school, their words kind of echoing in the self-conscious girl’s mind absently.

Don’t let them control you huh?.... What makes us so smart and good to say we shouldn’t give up that even if it was true? We aren’t good just because we are here.

The thoughts were interrupted by even louder yelling, the eyes shifting to see her roommate and a few others she had talked to a good distance off. Seemed everyone had plans, all while she finished her seconds full meal like it was just a snack.

Last edited:
1588864849921.png

Kai Skinner
Amoeba|Hallways|Interaction: PlusUltra PlusUltra Pandy88888 Pandy88888 BippityBoppityBoop BippityBoppityBoop (Open)

Kai looked up and removed her headphones when Vetr hollered at her. Looking around to find the source, Kai's eyes fell on a familiar head of purple hair and earmuffs. Vetr. What did she want now, hadn't she done enough already? Vetr wanted to drag Kai on a shopping trip. "I really hoped she'd have forgotten about that," Kai muttered as Vetr started over with her friends. If Kai was quick she could pack up her stuff and get moving before Vetr got over to where she was and evade her before she did anything crazy again.

Charlotte Monroe
Mentions/ Interactions: Pandy88888 Pandy88888 PlusUltra PlusUltra Deadwood Deer Deadwood Deer

“I-“ Charlotte started, but before she could protest Vetr’s insistence she felt the girl grab her hand a bit roughly and drag her. She had to switch suddenly to echo location so she didn’t trip or bump into others. Vetr had her mind set clearly on Kai, yet another student that had been with the group last night. It was clear from Kai’s thoughts however that she wasn’t as thrilled about Vetr’s presence.

As they walked up to her Charlotte managed to wiggle her hand free from Vetr’s grasp and continued to stand quietly behind her as she worked her magic into getting Kai to tag along.

Rashida - Millenium Mall - open for interaction

Rashida had been surprised, and a little disappointed with the classes offered on the first day. She was here to learn how to use her powers more effectively, not for literature and math. Though perhaps the normal school routines would be a good break from the more outlandish stuff that will go on around here, or that's what Rashida thought at least.

She had expected something more in all of this but...it was only the first day. She had to stick around a bit longer to get a proper perspective on it all. Having heard about the book signing Rashida had decided to go to the Millenium Mall. While not being a fan of the government or whatever. She was curious to know how you could make a career out of it. Who knows? Maybe that could be her future?

As she walked past the protesters she nodded solemnly to herself. While schools like these were nice, she had to wonder who benefitted from it at the end. The students or Uncle Sam? Seeing the large crowd open up in front of her as she arrived at the mall. Rashida took a deep breath and made the plunge into the masses doing her best to try and get into the actual mall.

After a quick stop by the cafeteria, Christoph's coffee was nowhere to be found. The mall hopefully would have a coffee shop to fulfill his needs. As he made his way towards the mall, he felt around in his pocket for his box of cigarettes. As he walked off school property, he grabbed a cigarette from the box and spit out the gum he had in his mouth. He put the cigarette up to his lips and grabbed his trusty lighter. He nonchalantly lit his cigarette and took a drag from it. He exhaled all the smoke into the air. He didn't care if he got caught smoking off school property, there were more things to worry about. Specifically, the massive crowd huddled around the entrance. All for one damn hero, didn't they have better things to do.

A frown grew on Christoph's face as he got closer, he didn't want to waste his time getting into the damn mall. "Pathetic." Was all he said after standing there for a minute. He took another drag from his cigarette and exhaled the smoke. He was starting to get frustrated at the situation. The other entrance was a bit of a walk away but it would be much quicker then trying to wade through the massive crowd. I'll finish this cigarette before heading over there. They better have my espresso inside.

Mentions: None

Aquifex
Mentioned/Interaction: Deadwood Deer Deadwood Deer PlusUltra PlusUltra
Aquifex immediately tore himself out of Vetr’s grasp and lightly jogged over to Kai. “What’s up? We’re going to the mall, wanna come?” He asked. “Don’t worry about V’s whole weirdness shopping thing, I have some plans to distract her.” Technically I do, He convinced himself, Plan A: Wing it , Plan B: Make something up, Plan C: Improvise, and Plan D: Run away.

“I estimate a negative twenty-seven percent success rate.” He reassured Kai. “Besides, clothes wouldn’t take that long to buy, right?” He asked uncertainly. “Worst case, we die. But like, second worse case, you can just say you’re a nudist and don’t need to buy clothes.” Where was I going with this? He wondered. Oh, yeah, mall. “Anyways, you’re coming, right?”

Tommy - Millenium Mall - Charles Babel Charles Babel (Rashida), Heterological Heterological (Jake), Miguel

The other kid gave one of the most earnest grins one could muster, Tommy thought. "I'm Miguel," he said, before turning to look ahead at the swelling crowd. People were slowly flowing inside now, with low-functioning guide robots hovering just inside to help everyone get to their destination and calculate efficient routes for the crowd. Tommy sensed something behind him and he got out of the way just as a couple of teenagers tried to push past him. They continued along, practically shoving over the smaller kid, Miguel.

"H-Hey!" said the kid as he toppled right to the ground. Tommy shook his head, annoyed at the display.

Just ahead, the crowd opened up a little so that they could get inside. Tommy and the others would be in now if not for those other teens. They'd have to wait a couple more minutes now, but just before the teens went in, Tommy stepped forward and grabbed one by the arm.

"Hey, the hell you doing?" the guy said, pulling his arm away from Tommy. His friends turned and crowded around him then, eyeing him down. They seemed about his age, though Tommy had a head on most of them at least.

"You just knocked that kid over," Tommy said, nodding to Miguel. "We were next in line, assholes."

"So?" It seemed the teens were about ready to ignore him and head inside if Tommy didn't stop them.

"We're from the school down the street," he said, stepping up to get in the other guy's face. "You know, the one for PEPs?" This entirely hinged on these kids not going to the same school as them, but considering their silence in the wake of what he said, it seemed they didn't. "I could show you what I mean."

The teens seemed a bit nervous now. If they waited any longer, the opportunity to get inside would pass, but thankfully one of the group let out a sigh and said, "Let's just let them go."

"Good boy," Tommy said, who couldn't help but smirk. He gestured for Miguel and the other guy to follow them inside.

The entrance lobby was quite massive, with many holographic displays set up about for both navigation and advertisement. People crowded around the displays but the robots that hovered about were doing a good job of assessing people's needs and moving them along, making the inside a bit less claustrophobic than the outside. The mass of people and electronics was causing a constant hum inside him, casuing him to barely hear as the kid named Miguel tried to thank him. Tommy ignored him and looked toward the crowd. He spotted that girl he'd had a fight with yesterday and decided he'd definitely keep his distance.

"Where are you two going?" Tommy asked, sounding a bit tired suddenly.

"I wanted to see Ms. Cohen," Miguel said. When Tommy looked at him blankly, he looked surprised. "The hero doing a book signing?"

"Hero? Huh." Yeah, those people, huh? Tommy had never really thought much of them. They seemed just as dangerous as the Coursers who went around hurting people. Tommy turned his attention to the other guy with them. "Sure, fine. What about you?"

Jake Bloom
Tags: Zenterfold Zenterfold , Miguel

"I'm just going to get some supplies," Jake said, fingering his credit card. He needed pencils, binder paper, maybe some cushioning. He hoped there was a fabric store with cotton somewhere here. He added as an afterthought, "Probably going to at least take a look at Sandra Cohen. Hopefully, it won't take too long." Maybe he'd need a jacket. That'd be preferable to have an extra one.

He looked at the older boy. "What are you going to do?"

Vetr Wyrd
Tags:
@AquaMarie Sybil Sybil Deadwood Deer Deadwood Deer Sybil Sybil (Open)

myDWuk0.png

Time did not to be on Kai's side as the quicker approaching of Aquifex had held them long enough for the bubbly bombshell to arrive behind "Looking good Kai! I hadn't seen you for a while so was worried but it looks like it all turned out ok huh? We were all going to get some food and check out the mall in this place but wouldn't be right to leave you alone you know?" the girl moving closer with the same unnatural speed and movements to attempt to take hold of the girl's arm in a hug of sorts at their side, the limb going tightly to her chest "My treat! can't think of a better way to pop that bubble of yours and get you outliving again hmm" leaning her face over with a wide hopeful smile, a faint chuckle through the closed eye as she gives a few gentle tugs of the limb if secured.

She turns her head to gesture to each of the others gathered "It's just the four of us so far.....oh make that five! Hey Orma!" removing one of her arms to wave over to the bandanna clad girl "Food and Fashion at the Mall! You In?! Let's make this Quartet a Quintet!" her volume and energy had likely not gone unnoticed, several of the other boys from the classes she had been in paying attention off to the side with some giving Aquifex a look of Jealousy at the situation. It wasn't new to her, but she had plenty of opportunities to gain the odd favour from the myriad of admirers at a later point.

Orma
Interactions: PlusUltra PlusUltra Pandy88888 Pandy88888 Deadwood Deer Deadwood Deer BippityBoppityBoop BippityBoppityBoop
It wasn’t hard to garner the attention of the bandana-clad loner off on her own, especially when the girl already had her attention along with a few others. Her rather tired eyes gazed at the hollering girl, inside the jealousy of Aquifex bubbling up only to be stifled by how much Orma was learning the handful Vetr could be.

I can’t just say no... it’s not like I’m doing anything... Ah... I’m hungry.... I left without snacks....

She got up slowly and nodded at Vetr, putting her two lunch trays at their place to be washed by staff before wandering lazily in her frankly very covering outfit. If she wasn’t forced to ever wear a uniform in her life she would wear sweatpants and sweatshirt with a hoodie for life, her color palette never reaching beyond grey or black due to a lack of motivation to accessorize. That and maybe a lack of social networks to learn about norms. Regardless she would wander over, looking at the mess Vetr had probably made by now.

.... I guess the mall then... hello.... Aquifex?... and.... there is Charlotte...she got left behind... yeah... and.... hello. I guess your name is Kai?” She lacked the social knowledge to let the situation die down before she integrated herself, even going as far to look and try to talk to the current victim of Vetr. Her roommate sure seemed.... active.

Kai Skinner
Amoeba|Captured by Vetr|Interaction: Pandy88888 Pandy88888 (Aquifex) PlusUltra PlusUltra (Vetr)
Mention: Sybil Sybil (Orma) BippityBoppityBoop BippityBoppityBoop (Charlotte)
Assimilated: Vetr Wyrd, Ayako Akiyama, Aquifex (All abilities neutralized except for further assimilation of those three)

1588864849921.png

Sketchbook, away, pack, shouldered, headphones, on, music, playing. The whole process of packing up and getting away from where she'd been spotted took Kai less than twenty seconds. But apparently that was too long, because Kai felt something trying to nudge her in a more social direction. Good effort, and something Kai did want to do, but not with Vetr. Hermits will be hermits, behavior is difficult to change, and Kai kept moving. Then Aquifex popped up, almost knocking Kai over in the process. "Don't drag me into this, I am not- do I look like I could even pretend to be a nudist?", Kai switched from telling Aquifex to bugger off to demanding to know where he'd pullled that idea from. Kai over-dressed more than anything, Kai couldn't have been a nudist if she wanted to. The only difference in her outfit from yesterday was that she was wearing a brown jacket today, and had a pair of headphones. Well, that and the uniform, but the gloves were worn and the mask momentarily down, but the number of layers hadn't changed at all.

That distraction proved to be enough for Vetr to pop up out of nowhere like a ninja and latch onto Kai like a parasite. "Will you stop with the touching! I swear, you want to be skinned! People die like that, let me go!" Kai tried and failed to get free from Vetr's iron grip. Not that Kai would have been able to escape her anyway, but Kai blamed Aquifex's scrawny frame for this situation. Shooting Aquifex a dirty glare, "Traitor." And now Vetr had an entire posse around her, and a new girl Kai hadn't seen before. How did this woman get so popular so quickly?

Ayako Akiyama - Outer Courtyard
Interactions: Deadwood Deer Deadwood Deer Pandy88888 Pandy88888 PlusUltra PlusUltra Sybil Sybil BippityBoppityBoop BippityBoppityBoop

1589089246414.png
"I think at some point, this counts as bullying," Ayako said dryly as she suddenly appeared before Kai, Vetr, Orma, Charlotte, and Aquifex, one hand poised on her own hip as crimson eyes glared in everyone's general direction, her gaze mostly fixated toward Vetr and Aquifex like they were the culprits of some heinous crime going on. The girl had just been wandering about aimlessly during lunch hour. She wasn't much for exploring, and it wasn't like she had made much friends to hang out with. If anything, she could feel the uneasy stares centered around her as she moved through campus, whether because of her intense gaze or the equally intense shade of red in her eyes. More than that, all in all, it certainly did not take her longer than an hour and a half to eat lunch, but well, here she was.

"And I thought only boys had to be reminded that no means no. Not sure I really wanna know the finer details of this meeting of the minds though," Ayako went on, having only heard "nudist" in passing before she'd made her presence known. Unknowingly sharing a similar sentiment to Kai's thoughts, Ayako cocked her head slightly. They really did kinda look like a gang like this.

"You should probably stop clowning around though. The touching is no joke. You're the reason I know that for myself, after all," she said toward Vetr, moving to cross her arms almost sternly now. "What's even your game here?"

Charlotte Monroe
Pandy88888 Pandy88888 Sybil Sybil Deadwood Deer Deadwood Deer PlusUltra PlusUltra Verite Verite

Charlotte had all but clocked out of the conversation until she heard Orma speak up quite hesitantly. Her thoughts, similar to Aquifex’s, were a bit louder than before. Perhaps more so thanks to Charlotte’s prying. She seemed merely to be checking out all who was in this ever growing group, and Charlotte was about to say hello before Kai’s protests grabbed her attention back to the actual conversation at hand.

“What the hell is going on...?” Charlotte asked in exasperation, not to anyone in particular until yet another person joined in on their conversation. Charlotte remembered this girl was one of the first people she had tried to mind read at this place, and she seemed quite furious now.

She could tell this girl obviously thought she had something to do with this nonsense, and to be fair she had reason to. Charlotte was, in fact, standing with the group that had caused Kai’s intense reaction (and she expected it was probably Vetr’s doing mostly).

‘I knew I shouldn’t have followed this damned group.’ Charlotte thought, then switched her attention back to Orma.

“Orma would you like to go to the mall with me?” She asked telepathically so as not to draw even more attention to herself. The people around them were beginning to watch as things unfolded, their thoughts expressing that they anticipated a fight.

Orma
Interactions: BippityBoppityBoop BippityBoppityBoop
Mentions: PlusUltra PlusUltra Deadwood Deer Deadwood Deer Pandy88888 Pandy88888 Verite Verite
Orma's introduction, was as expected, completely a flop as it was poorly timed. Not only was it a failure, but Orma also did not learn her lesson probably. Unfortunate, but at least she isn't relaying important information thankfully! Not only was the comments overruled by the louder, but it also seems the loudest of them all was creating conflict. Her roommate seemed to be naive trouble, a trope she found in her shows to be dangerous yet endearing, and the 'water' boy with her was an enabler and made excuses for her. A bunch of reasons popped in her head, but as she contemplated the possibilities she thankfully received a helpline in the form of the telepath.

...yes.... please get me out.... they are being loud...

With that thought broadcasted out she slowly turned and began to walk over to the abandoned blind girl without a second thought or hesitation, offering a soft verbal "Hmm" as confirmation she was there next to her. She honestly didn't know if she was actually blind or not, or how you would casually alert someone blind that you were close, so she improvised with the sound.

I would... suggest we leave quickly... casually... before they actually fight... they seem... unstable... I don't want to get involved... with that... do you need... help to get there?

Charlotte Monroe
Interactions/ Mentions: Sybil Sybil

Charlotte nodded and smiled to acknowledge Orma, then shook her head.

“No, I can get around fine thanks. Follow me.” She motioned Orma to come with her as she slipped easily through the crowd and tables. Her tongue clicked softly off of the roof of her mouth, easily locating the things around her. She hadn’t grabbed Orma’s hand as she was sure it would make both parties feel weird, so she just hoped she was following her.

As they got through and into the hallway Charlotte smiled.

“I figured we could both use a break from... whatever that was. How are you? Do you like your classes?” She asked her new acquaintance as they headed outside. Small talk wasn’t one of her wrong suits, but she could manage. With Orma’s naturally hesitant personality Charlotte was sure she’s wouldn’t mind. She took a sip of her drink, wondering briefly if Orma drank as well.

Orma
Interactions: BippityBoppityBoop BippityBoppityBoop

Orma was relieved the further they made their retreat, shoulders relaxing fully once they got out the doors casuallyas to not make their leaving a spectacle. As she continues with her blind class mate her mind would occasionally make genuine comments of amazement. After all she had no idea how blind people could live and move so easily, Orma can barely do it and she can see things!

.... I appreciate.... the thought.... I am... not a fan of... conflict like that.... too awkward for me... but as for classes... they are ok..... They don’t really.... do much since we just started I guess.... so work is light you know?... What about... you Charlotte? Everything ok with you?

Charlotte Monroe
Mentions/ Interactions: Sybil Sybil Slav Slav

At Orma’s question Charlotte immediately thought of her talk with her mother last night. No, Charlotte wasn’t ok per say, but why would she bring that up to someone she didn’t know?

‘You brought it up to Chris.’ She reminded herself, thinking how odd that was. Even now she was feeling a bit embarrassed by that. Charlotte wondered how Chris was faring with classes until she popped out of her little daze and turned to answer her classmate.

“Yea, everything’s alright. Classes don’t seem too bad yet, but who knows.” She shrugged. They had been walking for a while before a symphony of voices filled her head, quiet at first and then louder. Most of them were about that book signing Aquifex had been talking about. That was Charlotte’s indication that they had reached the mall, and she let Orma go in first.

“Can I ask you a question Orma? Not to get too personal or anything, and you don’t have to answer it if you don’t want to, but I’ve noticed you spend a lot of time trying to direct your thoughts to something else, and I’m assuming it’s only when I’m around. I only know that because it seems a bit jumbled when you’re trying to concentrate on anything but the thing you’re trying to keep away. No offense, most people aren’t good at not thinking about something, especially if the thing makes them uncomfortable or anxious,” Charlotte stopped and turned to her companion,

“And I don’t think I’ve ever heard you talk about your powers before. That’s like, the one thing people talk about first. So what is your power? I’m assuming it’s not something you’re very proud of.” She took another sip of her alcohol, hoping she didn’t offend Orma in any way. She was a very sweet girl, and Charlotte could see herself being friends with her.

Christoph Albrecht

Christoph had already finished his cigarette and proceeded inside the front entrance, it seemed the crowds had cleared a bit. He was now standing outside of a coffee shop with a cup of espresso in his hand. He took a sip and was a bit dissatisfied at the quality of it. You'd think a coffee shop would be able to make some good espresso, this one can't. It'll do for now. He took another sip before walking out into an open space in the mall. He had a few shops he wanted to hit, clothes was a top priority right now. He packed plenty but wasn't prepared for the type of messes that occured the other day. He'd have to get some casual clothes that he wouldn't care that it gets ruined.

As he was scanning the area for any shops he was interested in, a familiar face caught his eye. His smoking buddy, Charlotte just arrived and she was with a unfamiliar girl who had a bandana on her face. Christoph took another sip of his drink before approaching the pair. "Look who came amongst all the chaos." Christoph said to Charlotte taking another sip of his espresso. His eyes soon rested on the girl that was with Charlotte. He studied her for a second before speaking, "I dig the bandana." He said commenting about her appearance. He had no clue why she was wearing it but he didn't care about miniscule things like that.

Interactions: BippityBoppityBoop BippityBoppityBoop Sybil Sybil

Orma
Interactions: BippityBoppityBoop BippityBoppityBoop Slav Slav

"Good... good that classes are alright..." She couldn't help but mutter this, feeling the daydreaming period the blind girl had created a pregnant pause that even made Orma feel that there was an awkward silence. Thankfully they also arrived at the mall then after a decent bit of walking, meaning that new environments would birth some conversation which the tanned girl lacked.

Then the question emerged, one which she knew was coming but not prepared for. Like someone seeing images of you with your pet, it passes away and the person visits you and asks where the pet is without possibly knowing what happened. The emotional response was a mixture of disgust and anxiety, yet at the same time, she understood this question all too well. Why wouldn't people feel uneasy about the half of her face always concealed by her favorite bandana? It was usually an attire for a criminal in movies and shows, and not to mention her gaze was so distant and unfriendly in her own mind she began to think about more how she looked like a thug than her power. After about a minute of scrambled ramblings of anxieties inner debates, she realized her silence was rather long, her eyes snapping to look at the telepath.

Shit...

"I..." She began to speak, only to have a random person she never has seen before come over which she had to slightly look up to meet their eyes. Her tired gaze was a bit wild but she nodded at the comment, recognizing this as likely one of Charlotte's friends and not some random guy.
"...not very proud yeah.... and.... yeah thanks... I like my bandana..."

My powers... are something I don't like... powers aren't that amazing... in general...

Charlotte Monroe
Mentions/ Interactions: Sybil Sybil Slav Slav

The negative emotions Orma felt were so strong it took Charlotte by surprise. She stepped back a bit from her acquaintance, realizing she had crossed a boundary. Charlotte had realized she may have been pushing things, but she had overestimated how far she could take it. She was simply curious was all, and had never been one to talk easily about things that bothered others, or any strong feeling at all really.

Charlotte was about to apologize before a familiar voice caught her attention.

“Hey New York,” she replied, still a bit distracted before she could fully comprehend this sudden change in conversation, “yea, it was either this or be stuck in some quarrel, so here we are. Never pegged you as one to go to the mall though.” Clearing her throat she shot Orma a quick,

“Understood.”

And then, “So are you shopping, or just looking for a change of scenery?” To Chris.

Christoph Albrecht

"Quarrel? That's not surprising." Christoph said taking another sip of his espresso, "I usually don't like going to malls but this was the only place that had my coffee." He said gesturing to his small cup of espresso. "I also need clothes, casual clothing. Wearing suits all the time around the campus probably isn't a good idea, especially with what happened yesterday with the hotdog stand." He said imagining the dry-cleaning costs for his ruined clothes yesterday. He never knew mustard and ketchup could make such a mess. Christoph gulped down another sip before moving on, "This is a new friend you found I presume?" He asked Charlotte. After hearing the girl's response, his best guess is that she's probably shy or just bad at conversing. It seemed to be a common thing with some of the people at the school that he's met. He's just happy she's not a super energetic person like some of the people in his dorm.

"Name's Christoph but you can just call me Chris... or New York like Charlotte does." Christoph said introducing himself to Orma. He was finally starting to feel his energy start coming back after consuming some of his drink. He might grab another later just to make sure he's awake. Hopefully his sleep schedule goes back to normal, consuming this much coffee is not something he wants to do every week.

Orma
Interactions: BippityBoppityBoop BippityBoppityBoop Slav Slav
Sorry... I am... not good with talking about it... lots of drama... from it...

She was not used to a telepath being able to penetrate her emotions and thoughts, so, unfortunately, Charlotte got front row seats to her mess of emotions she usually keeps hidden behind clothing and her covered power. She may not communicate well but she usually hides most of what she feels, so in all honesty, Orma is now contemplating is telepathy is her secret weakness.

Maybe... eventually... but... not on the first... day... okay? Can't... hide it forever.... right?

With that, she focused back in on the conversation with this new person, thankfully honing back in to catch the boy's name and that he was referencing to her. Her eyes and general look faded back to calmly tired, regaining a bit of control. Control...... control. Keep it in line... Whether this thought strain she was constructing was about her power or her emotions? That is up to interpretation.

"
My name... is Orma... nice to meet you... Chris... do you... live in Azurite dorms?"

Charlotte Monroe
Interactions/ Mentions: Slav Slav Sybil Sybil PlusUltra PlusUltra

Charlotte thought coffee sounded amazing just then, and suddenly her alcohol didn’t seem too appealing. She had drunk the day before, the day before that, and she had gotten wasted just before that. It’s not that she didn’t drink anything else, but she drank alcohol like an athlete would water, and sometimes other things just sounded good sometimes. As long as she still had some alcohol to spare for later, right?

“You wear suits to school? That’s brave. Or dumb, depending,” she joked, then was about to add that Vetr could take him shopping, but thought against it. Chris would try to kill her the moment she opened her mouth. She nodded however when he had asked about Orma, and almost right on cue she had sent her another message.

“Sure thing Orma. I won’t push you to talk about anything you don’t want to of course.”

Charlotte did wonder why she would ever be ridiculed for her power. The years of torment about it obviously affected her a lot to the point it was mentally causing her anxiety. Charlotte felt a mix of anger towards whoever had even thought about joking of someone else’s power and also a bit of sympathy, although she was sure Orma wouldn’t want it.

Coming back to the topic at hand she merely listened while the two spoke, not wanting to interrupt.

Last edited:
Christoph Albrecht

Christoph smiled a bit at Charlotte's comment, wearing suits in this environment wasn't exactly a great idea. Christoph's attention turned back to Orma who seemed like she was having trouble stringing together a sentence. Talking to her was like trying to talk to his younger brother, the guy couldn't converse to save his life. "No, I live in the Sylvite Dorms with all the big kids." He said taking another sip of his coffee. Being in Sylvite dorms wasn't anything special, he didn't know anybody well in the dorm or really liked anyone there. He was just there to sleep and have the occasional beer away from prying eyes.

He took his last sip of his cup before it was finally empty and quickly spotted a trash can nearby. He leaned towards it and he tossed the cup in nonchalantly. "Does either of you know this Sandra Cohen person? She's the reason this mall is so damn busy." Christoph said overhearing another conversation about her from some passerby's. He knew that she was a hero but he didn't know they could be so popular. He didn't know many and the ones he did know were based in New York. Maybe they knew more about it then him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back