• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern School of Power

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Orma
Interactions: PlusUltra PlusUltra Zenterfold Zenterfold Deadwood Deer Deadwood Deer and anyone else in the common areas!
The day was uneventful and not memorable for the strong-jawed girl, her inattentiveness and showing up late not helping her memory. Neither did the fact she basically spent the whole event as a wall flower. She was awkward enough in her own mind that she didn’t need icebreaker conversations while they were all in orientation after all.

Regardless she got to her assigned dorms later than most, so much later she entered a back way to avoid what she could see was the common area. Sneaking quietly to her room she entered... to see the side of the room created by her roommate supposedly.

Books... books... knives... lots of knives and books... damn... must be some sort of military person? Shit I really should have paid attention on the name I was put with.... are there guys sharing girl dorms? Is he gay?
Her lack of attention and easily distracted mind ran rampant to create the ramblings currently going off inside her skull, the logic clearly not reaching it as she could look at clothing left and see the gender more clearly. Instead she simply put her suitcase up and clothes consisting mostly of gym shorts, t-shirts, and sweats all into her area. As for decoration? A mini fridge and rack she folded out to now store her massive load of snacks both refrigerated and not in their respective places. Things from cookies to chips to pepperoni and cheeses and crackers, she had a stupid amount she crammed into her area. Besides that she also put her phone to charge and set up her backpack for school, sighing as she plopped down on the bed hearing social interaction not too far off. It only took her a few minutes to properly unpack, so she still had energy left from the day.

Talking... might be nice... WAIT. I PACKED IT RIGHT?!
The girl with the exoskeleton jaw quickly leaped ip and scrambled, digging into her many pockets of the suitcase before pulling out her desired item. A bandana, black and white and folded.

With this I can hide.... it... thank god I didn’t forget it.
With that Orma put on the bandana, letting it cover everything below her nose on her face with ease most all of her powers jaw bone. Sure it wasn’t perfect, but the alternative of going out with nothing was a bit... unbearable to her as a first interaction.

Orma would emerge, bandana on, slowly walking up to the common area only to spot so many people there already. She would... just slide in at the side, trying to act casual as she walked into and stood the general area allowing herself to be noticed.

They are talking right? It would be rude to just say hi in the middle of their chat right? Right. Yep.

Kai ignored the mess of people for the most part. The, currently, violet-haired girl just pulled a moving cart of suitcases and cardboard boxes with some music equipment on top to the room marked on her map. She shook her head as she saw the kid dressed like an '80s detective flick as she pulled the cart up to her half of the dorm and started unloading suitcases. "Not a word," Kai said to Aquifex as he started unpacking. Considering that the basic decoration of the room was little more than a pair of mattresses and dressers, so Kai knew he had somewhere to put his suitcases once they were emptied. There was one suitcase Kai did not open to unpack, which she used to elevate the matress with the others, configured in such a way that they formed a level surface to put the mattress on, which Kai augmented with some foam padding and the rest of his bedding. Aside from the bed, and the dresser, Kai's only personality expressed on his side of the dorm seemed to be a line of duct tape across the middle of the floor leading to the door. A nonphysical barrier expressing where Aquifex's side ended, and the guitar and mini-amp plugged into the corner with a folding stand for music.

"Okay, does anyone need me for something and is the washing machine open?", Kai asked, addressing the entire populace of this particular dorm.

Aquifex
Mentioned/Interactioned: BippityBoppityBoop BippityBoppityBoop
“Nice to you meet you too! Anyway, when I mean water powers, I mean I can just kinda control it, like throw it around and heat it up and things like that. And about the coma...” He looked around the room. No one better be listening to this!

So...when I use the water magicness, it takes blood from me. So...I used it too much and lost too much blood. That’s my weakness, tell no one.” He whispered to her. To be perfectly honest, it didn’t really matter if everyone knew, but he liked to have the advantage of surprise, even if the surprise was a weakness. “Anyway! What’s your power?” He asked her.

Charlotte Monroe
Interactions/ Mentions: Sybil Sybil Pandy88888 Pandy88888 Deadwood Deer Deadwood Deer

Charlotte kept her head turned towards the talkative guy but couldn’t help but pick up on a very nervous, flustered voice. Some girl had just walked in, obviously unsure where to fit in but wanting to nonetheless. Without missing a beat she spoke to the girl through telepathy,

‘You’re good. Relax, calm down. Come join me and this dude I just met.’

Charlotte slightly lifted her hand to let Orma know who she was, still keeping her head turned slightly toward the guy beside her. A slightly annoyed voice spoke up but she honestly didn’t know the answer to the latter question, so she kept quiet. She didn’t need anything from anyone she didn’t know. Besides, perhaps, the cigarette.

Thankfully over the years Charlotte had gotten good at multitasking and was now actually intrigued by this guy’s powers, not missing any of the story.

“Wow really? That seems like a pretty intense drawback. I’m sure you know how to use it pretty well though. Knowing your limits and whatnot. I’m a telepath. I can speak to people through my mind and read their thoughts an whatnot. People find it very invasive,” she said smugly, then continued, “I found my powers because I woke up one day and could see. Thought it was a miracle, but turned out I as just very in tune with my mother and tapped into her senses,” She shrugged, “Yours sounds more badass.”

Orma
Interactions: Pandy88888 Pandy88888 BippityBoppityBoop BippityBoppityBoop
Mentions: Deadwood Deer Deadwood Deer
The sudden voice in her head sent a jolt of nerves running through her spine, her usually calm but nervous appearance shifting to shock as she freezes up. A regular deer in the headlights. Only at seeing the wave did she look around, zoning in on the pale woman talking with the grey-haired boy. She almost began to think over the decision to walk over or to not do so, but very quickly she realized that the person clearly could hear their thoughts. Thinking would do nothing but make an awkward conversation continue inside her head. And thus? She would walk around, trying to avoid getting in people's line of sight as best as she could before sitting where obvious she could near the seemingly blind woman as she ignored the loud callout into the hall from a seemingly

Don't have to worry about wearing my sweatshirt and sweatpants around this blind per-- FUCK you can hear me...
"...Hi..." She gently adjusts the bandana, making sure it covered her bone plated jaw before looking at Charlotte and Aquifex with a slowly mellowing out the facial expression to her usual rather neutral if not boring look. Sorry, it's her resting face! "...what is the conversation about?"

Vetr Wyrd
Tags:
Pandy88888 Pandy88888 BippityBoppityBoop BippityBoppityBoop Deadwood Deer Deadwood Deer (Open)

2019_11_17_jamorbital_11959447538645442562.png

It seemed that her comment and words, in general, had fallen on deaf ears as those in front of her instead of going on to the discussing of powers around the seating area in front of her, though in truth it was still an area of interest to be able to listen in to such unprompted was definitely something she could enjoy for now. One seemed to be an elemental type though the description itself was rather vague, another was initially off to the side and that was when Kai arrived to draw her attention away for a moment. "Did you have a good rest? Hmm oh and as for the washing machine well I did leave some garments in it shortly after arriving but it should be done by now, The others were beginning to explain their own powers if that was of any interest to you? So far it seems we have a Hydromancer and a Telepath" gesturing to each of the others though her comments loud enough that Sybil would also be able to hear "Feel free to join in I suppose if they don't mind, also the same if you're needing any cuter garments" winking towards them with a coy smile before going to sit down herself in the seating area.

Though the use of powers was forbidden in the open and public gatherings outside of classes was a no go, she was fairly sure that such was permitted within the dorm for none environmentally effecting and invasive ones so perhaps she may keep her own to a practical demonstration given the earlier explanation to Kai had perhaps not been fully grasped without complex explanations.

Charlotte Monroe
Mentions/ Interactions: PlusUltra PlusUltra Sybil Sybil Pandy88888 Pandy88888 Deadwood Deer Deadwood Deer

Charlotte couldn’t help but snicker at the awkward turmoil rolling inside Orma’s head. Sometimes people got a little awkward when it came to her blindness, but she thought it was kind of endearing when they were apologetic about their comments. Nobody was being rude here, and honestly Charlotte was becoming more comfortable around them.

“I’m sure you look good,” She laughed, waving a proper hello to Orma, “Hi. I’m Charlotte. We were just talking about how we discovered our powers. You know, normal ice breakers for us Coursers.”She laughed then broke off when another, cheerier voice joined the conversation.

“Oh yea hey, what’s up. Sounds like you don’t miss much,” she teased Vetr, “join in guys, the more the merrier.” She offered, waving Vetr and Kai over.

“Weren’t you there to break off that fight or whatever?” She asked Vetr, certain she had heard her thoughts among the ruckus earlier that day.

Kai Skinner
Amoeba|Azurite Dorm|Interaction: PlusUltra PlusUltra (Open)​

Of course Vetr would be here. That prediction was why Kai had approached her to begin with. But did she have to be that infuriating? "I don't know why you don't understand that cute is not something I'm interested in," Kai muttered, turning on her heels and moving on. Laundry could wait.

The door to the room Kai and Aquifex would be sharing closed soon after, and within a few moments came the sound of a guitar being tuned and then played, although what song wasn't really known, the walls partially absorbed the sound and it wasn't from a recent band.

Vetr Wyrd
Tags:
(Open)

The girl nods with a modest giggle "Oh yes, It really did interrupt something I found quite important so unfortunately, I must say I may have acted slightly more hastily than normal. Quite a bit of trouble in all due respects though fortunately, it was ended before it could escalate to what I believed may have been too offensive powers in a populated space...it was nothing really, and I heard that at least half of those involved were reprimanded." the word choice, in particular, seems to elude than more than simply the past event, her hands moving around as she speaks despite the blindness of the girl she was talking to, a force of habit to keep her hands busy in a sense.

Her attention turns to Kai as they start to walk off "Well I suppose I could call them Stylish, Expressive, Cool, Quality, Comfortable and Supportive...but most of those I do find less of a focus, despite all being present, But sometimes to be interested in something only requires to be with someone who is interested in it, So id happily accept invites into your own hobbies should you be willing" waving slightly as they leave before turning back to the rest. Ok more careful word choice in the future though either case pushing would either help work through the walls or not, but she could only try.

Aquifex
Interaction/Mentioned: BippityBoppityBoop BippityBoppityBoop PlusUltra PlusUltra Sybil Sybil
At the Azurite Dorms​
“Yeah, what’s your power?” He asked Orma. “Mines like Water control, and freezing and boiling it. It’s pretty boring, is yours interesting? Also, cool bandana.” He said, noticing the bandana over her mouth. Maybe like, super eating? Is that why she’s hiding her mouth?

He looked over at Vetr. “Yeah, Hi, I’m Aquifex, I do water stuff. What kinda magic stuff do you do? Super strength? I saw you at that...incident. It would make sense.” He guessed.

I wonder how I would beat these guys. He thought randomly. Telepath over here would be difficult, but I don’t think they could stop my attacks. I dunno about the other two. Oh well, not like we’ll fight...probably. He finished ominously. Wait, telepath...He realized. Uhh sorry? He thought mentally.

Vetr Wyrd
Tags:
BippityBoppityBoop BippityBoppityBoop Pandy88888 Pandy88888 Sybil Sybil (Open)

She turns to the question about her own ability and nods in the decision "Im Vetr, its nice to meet you....regarding my power? The short version would be I can move things around, forward and backward, Its a lot more complicated than that though, I tried explaining it a few times and suffice to say it needs knowledge of a bit of science theory....well maybe not theory anymore but still. Back in the fight? Well, that was more stopping things moving. I'm still working out just what I can do with it, so....guess you can say there are a few theories as well I'm going to see if I can prove while I'm here." the explanation was a bit vague but was likely for the best all things considered "Though I guess strength-wise I wouldn't call it super, more just regular exercise and swimming" raising an arm with a faint flex and resting the other on top while giggling, there was clear muscle definition especially with her coat no longer in the way of the view, her chesting pushing out at the boast before going back to holding her hands in front of her with a bright smile.

Charlotte Monroe
Mentions/ Locations: Pandy88888 Pandy88888 PlusUltra PlusUltra Sybil Sybil

Charlotte smirked, the smug thoughts of Aquifex making her feel a bit amused.

‘You’d be surprised water boy. Stopping attacks is probably what I excel in.’ She teased, smirking.

‘Seriously though, no worries. My powers are like, the least effective here compared to others.’

Turning her attention back to Vetr, she listened with rapt attention as she explained her powers. Reading her mind was confusing enough for Charlotte, and she was thankful she didn’t go into full detail about it. She was smart, but science and math were probably her least favorite subjects. As much as she loved talking about her powers, she enjoyed just sitting and listening to the others talk. As much as she was dreading today, she began to really take interest in others and their powers.

Aquifex
Interaction/Mentioned: Deadwood Deer Deadwood Deer PlusUltra PlusUltra BippityBoppityBoop BippityBoppityBoop
Aquifex decided to go figure out what his roommate’s power was. “HEY!” He yelled from outside the door. “What’s your power and also name?” Maybe it’s like shapeshifting? We are supposed to have a roommate of the same gender so...that would explain that.

He turned back to the rest of the people. “So what’d you guys all do before the whole having to go here because powers thing?” He asked. He also mentioned, “I wanted to be an actor, but I dunno if I still will.”

Orma
Interactions: BippityBoppityBoop BippityBoppityBoop Pandy88888 Pandy88888 PlusUltra PlusUltra (Open)

The level headed conversations of relative normalcy helped bring Orma’s social worries to rest, especially the telepath seemingly keeping a mental tab. Despite how some would react? She found it kind of nice so far that someone was battling her doubts for her and reassuring her, even if just a little. And you can be damn sure she is avoiding thinking about what was under her bandana, which got really difficult as Aquifex went right out and asked about her power. She almost let it slip, but instead just made it seem like she was thinking... which was enough to stall for the conversation to move forward to his roommate's power.

Phew...
As Orma’s head swiveled she caught sight of the girl who had spoken about science jargon, only for her to cough and turn back.

Dear. God.
She is now going to devote her brainpower to NOT thinking about the sizable chest the woman has, the long time single lesbian inside of her trying to work its way out but with a bit of forceful willing, she pushes it down!

... I am Orma.... seems like I missed something at orientation... I kind of zoned out when I was there... sounds like you did something to help Vetr where you slowed stuff down... that seems cool...is that fun? Your power to use?” Orma spoke slowly, almost as if each word was either carefully thought out or she wanted to move the bandana as little as possible to keep it from moving off her jaw.

Last edited:
His roommate seemed to get uncomfortably close and her energy seemed to only go up since he told her to stop. He was in the process of taking another hit of his vape but when he heard what Ren had said, he entered into a coughing fit. After it was over, he spoke, "I wouldn't want to touch you with a ten foot pole, you're too damn upbeat and annoying." He said yawning. This day really took a lot out of him. When Amelia entered, all that came out of Christoph to acknowledge her existence was a grunt. With what energy Christoph had left, he heaved himself up from the chair. He decided that he'd go back to his room and finish unpacking. "Tschüss." He said in german as a goodbye. He made his way back to his room and shut the door, he wanted some privacy for a bit. He opened his bag and began to unpack all of his suits, dress shirts, ties and such. The room had a small closet and thankfully he was able to hang up all his clothes. He pulled a few bottles of what was German beer and put it in the mini fridge in the room.

The rest of his stuff was just chargers for his electronics, a few of his medications and prescription drugs he technically wasn't supposed to take but he got his hands on them anyways aka drugs. He left all that junk in his bag and after he finished unpacking, he decided he'd put up a few hockey posters he had brought, whether his roomate liked them or not. He at least had the decency to put them up on his side of the room. Once done, he finally collapsed on the bed and took his shoes off. Today was an absolute mess... hopefully I don't have classes with some of those freaks, they're just loose baggage. A massive sigh could be heard from the teen, he still wished he was able to get that hot-dog.

Interactions: Verite Verite AquaMarie AquaMarie , anybody around

Interactions/ Mentions: AquaMarie AquaMarie Zenterfold Zenterfold Slav Slav Verite Verite

Ann looked on as Christoph walked away into his dorm room. "Geez Ren," Ann exclaimed to her new friend. "You sure won the sourpuss lottery with that guy, huh?" She watched him walk off, shaking her head before turning her attention back to Ren. "So what are ya going to do? Head to bed? I'm really not that tired yet, a bit of a night owl so I'll probably stay up a bit longer. Last year I had a secret stash of drinks and stuff but I promised myself that I wouldn't do that this year. The only high I'm getting this year is off life!"

As this went on Rashida's attention went to Amelia. She had looked at the list earlier and assumed she was to be her roommate. "Hello, I think we're supposed to be roommates. I'm Rashida, it's a pleasure to meet you."

Interactons: Open

Lydia leaves her room after just finished unpacking, she hasn't gotten a chance to meet her roommate as she wasn't in the room at the time. Which leaves a small opening for Lydia to mingle with other students in the common room before she unfortunately has to meet who she is spending the next school year with. She was never really a fan of sharing a room with someone, let alone a whole dormitory. But thats not what concerns, what concerns her is what everyone will think of her. She has always been nervous around strangers, she thinks they'll judge her by the way she walks, acts, how her skin looks a bit oily than usual, or even if she put on a bit too much perfume this morning. But this is also a great opportunity to step outside of her comfort zone and create a new Lydia. No one here knows each other, so its a perfect opportunity to start fresh, no one knows about the time when she fell down the stairs in front of everyone in her whole grade, all she has to do is pretend to be confident, and soon it will just mix into her personality.

The girl makes her way into the common room where there are lots of students talking amongst themselves. She recognizes a few faces but other than that she doesn't know anyone. Instantly she feels the fear creep its way up her spine, probing at the back of her head, making a tingling sensation start to form, almost as if her brain is moving. She itches the back of her head and starts to bite the inside of her cheek. She looks over everyone for a moment before coming to her senses, no one even noticed she came into the room, why would they be judging her if they haven't even looked over at her. She takes a deep breath and put on a smile and walks deeper into the room and sitting down on a black armchair.

Ayako Akiyama - Azurite Dorm
Interactions: Pandy88888 Pandy88888 , Open to Interaction
Others Present: Sybil Sybil BippityBoppityBoop BippityBoppityBoop PlusUltra PlusUltra BracedJupiter72 BracedJupiter72

"Are you really going around asking everyone about their business?" Ayako asked Aquifex from the side, having left the dorm briefly to get a can of soda from a vending machine somewhere in the building, and as such, out of the loop for what the others were really talking about, but she could pick up some context clues. Snapping open her can and having a sip, the girl gave Aquifex a look that rested somewhere between tiresome and perturbed. "If I didn't know any better, I'd almost think you were trying to figure out everyone's weakness or something," she said intently with a pointed glare toward him.

... Then she awkwardly coughed after a short pause. "That was a joke. Mostly," the half-Japanese girl breathed, tugging her collar slightly, in actuality oblivious to what Aquifex was just thinking earlier. Though all things considered, whether or not she was being truthful or merely backtracking, who could really say?

"But to answer your question, I was still in high school. Was just gonna go to college anyway, so I guess if I was gonna just go to more and more school either way..." Ayako gave a one-armed shrug, as if to say it couldn't be helped, before running her free hand through her jet black hair. "An actor though... You do theater or something?" She asked, seeming to take a bit of an interest in that note from Aquifex.

Ren Tsukino - Sylvite Dorm
Interactions: Slav Slav Charles Babel Charles Babel

As Christoph stormed off, Ren said nothing, only sticking a tongue out at him childishly. If he wanted to be like that, then that was fine! Water may be able to erode rock, but it certainly takes a while too. But it happened. That was the important part.

To Ann, Ren let out a soft breath and shrugged their shoulders briefly. "Mm, maybe I'll give it some time. Not much else to do right now, but I'm not that tired right now!" They exclaimed, holding their arms together pensively. "When I sleep though, I really sleep! I've had my fair share of times when I've slept through my alarms, ahaha," Ren chuckled sheepishly, rubbing the back of their head before looking to Ann.

"I try to stay away from stuff like that myself. Look out world, straight edge kid here! They made me sign that pledge thing in the fourth grade where I swore I'd never do drugs! And I don't go back on my word! That's my ninja way!" Ren said, whimsically as ever, making a peace sign with their hand, before going on. "Though... Maybe having a drink could be fun sometime. Could you imagine how I'd act while drunk if this is how I am normally?!" They went on, non-stop as they tended to be, but eventually seemed to start simmering down, wiping some sweat off their brow. "Phew, maybe I should chill for real though. If I stay like this, I might end up just staying awake the whole night!"

Aquifex
Interaction/Mentioned: Verite Verite
The Azurite Dorm Room-with-all-the-people​
Aquifexs expression went from panic, to more panic, then relief and finally excitement. “Yeah, like theater! I did a play with a swishy-slashy-stabby sword thing in it, that was fun. It’s also why I’m wearing this.” He gestured to his noir-themed costume. “I got it in exchange for a favor at the store for a video my friends wanted to shoot. I don’t think acting is a high paying career choice for college though, so maybe I’d just have it as a hobby?”

Well, hopefully she won’t still think of me as like a villain or something. I mean, I just want to know the big things about them so they’re easy to remember. And by coincidence, they’re also weaknesses. Anyway...
“So...What’s your power? I do magic water.” He said, unspecifically. And this is definitely not because I want to know her weakness. He clarified in his mind. I can’t really tell just by looking at her, so could be anything.

Ann Dolby
Interactions/ Mentions: Verite Verite

Ann laughed and clapped her hands together. "Oh my God, the pledge? You're so adorable!" But Ann was quite impressed. It was always cool to meet people who hadn't touched any stuff in their life. "Well if you ever need a fake ID you know who to call. Though with your powers you probably wouldn't need something like that, huh?" Though that probably opened up a whole other can of morally questionable worms.

"Well I mean I've seen a whole lot of different stages of drunk. You might just get really tired. Or really nasty. Mean drunks are the worst." She got a few words in between Ren, which was fun! It wasn't too often she met someone like them. "Well if you want to go to bed don't let me keep you up! I have a stack of comics I was thinking of going through before I headed to bed myself."

Right as Aquifex pounded on the door to demand information of Kai, Kai opened the door and promptly got hammered in the face. Skin met skin, and a few layers of Aquifex's hands got left behind on Kai's nose. "OW! Christ, dude, what the hell?" Even as Kai was complaining about just being punched in the nose, she felt her physical traits begin to shift. 'Goddammit,' now he was physically emulating detective boy's physique. It was not impressive. How can someone be so skinny? Eat a sandwich, dude! Now Kai's nose was starting to bleed. "I hate this school so much," Kai muttered. She'd come out because she thought she'd dropped a cable, but now Kai needed toilet paper. He thought it would be great to get away from the town where everyone hated him. So far, he was wrong.

Heading to the bathroom, and coming back after a few moments with rolled up toilet paper affixed to her nose to keep from bleeding all over everything, she scanned the room for the cable she was after. "Anyone seen a cable? Three feet long, looks like a really thick aux cord?"

Charlotte Monroe
Mentions: Deadwood Deer Deadwood Deer PlusUltra PlusUltra Funyarinpa Funyarinpa Pandy88888 Pandy88888 Sybil Sybil

As Charlotte sat back and listened to everyone talk, she couldn't help but intrude on Orma's thoughts. It wasn't so much that she couldn't help but listen, but she found her thoughts so interesting and quite entertaining that she decided a bit more prying wouldn't matter. However no matter how hard she focused she couldn't seem to get one singular, comprehensible thought to register, which told Charlotte that Orma was trying to hide something from her. Charlotte scrunched her face and felt herself heat up in embarrassment. It was one thing to pry when nobody thought you were, but it was different when others knew.

"Sorry about that," She offered her apology to the girl sheepishly, "I think I'm going to turn in for tonight though. Hopefully I'll be able to talk to some of you soon!" She said to everyone who had joined the previously small conversation. She waved a small goodnight as she got up, grabbed her hat, and made her way to her room, making soft clicking noises to find her way around. As she neared Kai she answered,

"I haven't seen it." She said bluntly, and smiled at her little joke as she passed her. Charlotte felt along the wall until she felt her number on one of the doors and walked in. She had moved her stuff in previously before the fair and she was thankful that she didn't have any more work to do. Flopping onto her bed, the conversation she had been dreading all night had finally arrived. Concentrating, she got a hold of her mother through her powers. It was going to be a long night.

0864336104ce6cf90b4603a189be6324 (2).jpg
Amelia Elena Willis
Mentions: Slav Slav Interactions: Charles Babel Charles Babel

Amelia leaned back on the couch as she read her book listening to the others interact throughout the room. Looking up from her book as Christoph walked back to his room “night” she says back before going back to her book.

Placing her bookmark in her book she lowers her book to her lap. With a small smile, she looked over towards Rashida. “Hi Rashida, I’m Amelia it’s nice to meet you too, oh, and yes I think we are roommates this year.” she softly replies.

Orma
Interactions: PlusUltra PlusUltra BippityBoppityBoop BippityBoppityBoop (Open)
"Ah... uh... y-yeah...have... a good night." The jaw-hiding girl just coughed softly, trying to cover up the likely uncovered embarrassment sensed by the telepath. It was.... odd to think about how she didn't think THIS would be something that made things awkward, alluding to her jaw but trying her best to never think of an image or description of it even as Charlotte walked away. With a rapidly fluctuating group of people in the commons, the new faces were getting confusing for Orma as she begins to lose track of them all.

So... there is Charlotte... Aquifex... and...
As she thought of Vetr and her name the girl turned to see her, making a point to look her in the eye and deviate as little as possible. Homeschool definitely did not prepare her for public education, much less the public in general. "S...So... your name is Vetr?.... How was your day? Is this... school what you hoped it would be?"

Vetr Wyrd
Tags:
BippityBoppityBoop BippityBoppityBoop Pandy88888 Pandy88888 Sybil Sybil Deadwood Deer Deadwood Deer (Open)

This was fairly enjoyable, a faint sense of a competitive undertone to the interactions though it seemed mostly in good fun, though the traces of caution in exchanges were not missed. Keeping the warm smile she softly taps her lap with their palms as people talk further. Turning to Aquifex as she voices in her own question she pauses for a few moments, tapping her cheek idly with a finger before responding"Oh before all this? Well, I moved around a little here and there with my parents...I had a few talks with some people at a few schools regarding the power which helped a little in parts, then again that was probably the minority, most either directed me elsewhere or said the science side wasn't possible, some people are just a bit closed-minded to new theories I suppose". A shrug as she finishes her point, the people were mostly university professors in the cities they stopped off at, online connections or even the few military friends of her parents...though sadly there interactions with the R&D divisions were a completely different area or base, well that and the confidential or restricted information issues.

"Oh Orma it was nothing really, but i suppose its fun to use, the stuff behind it is even more fun though, it's like a giant puzzle every time that's constantly changing, so many variables and paths to try. Though slowing down and speeding up is relative really you know? speed everything else up and the rest will seem slowed down, but that was more...hmm how should i put this" ok think, you need to bring this down to a level they can understand without the Jargon, though at the same time if it was that simple it might get misunderstood...well maybe that wouldn't be too bad, better than them thinking they got it wrong and no harm in it really "Pretend you had a song track, then jumped from the introduction to the chorus, everything that was in between happened, but nobody heard it, So you could say it was A to C skipping B, I guess it seems like teleportation so probably best to think of it like that....there's a little more to it, though we could be here all night if i started to delve into it, breaking it down scientifically and mathematically, though id needs to wheel out my whiteboard for that".

She couldn't help but chuckle once more at Ayakos comments and goes back to listening for a while before Orma addresses her once more "Oh yes, I guess you missed the introduction but it was inevitable in either case given it seems im going to be rooming with you, It was only after you said your name i could put a name to a face though" her head turns to the sound of Kai down the hallway receiving an unfortunate bit of contact from Aquifex "It was fun overall, some really good snacks and fun time talking, i deeply enjoyed it, might have not ended the best but its definitely not going to be something id regret and look forward to seeing what happens in the future" her words carrying an undertone in her meaning, more reflecting on her earlier interactions with the ameba student.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back