• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy School of Elemental Arts

Shortyshot

I am the Joker....Welcome to my Game.
A certain amount of teenagers from all over the world are selected to go to what they believe is an island get away but in reality are being taken to a school to hone abilities they didn't know they had inside them with the help of a famous teacher and one of the two inventors of the elemental arts. All of this goes wrong when the second creator believes the powers should be used to their full potential to take over the world and create a path for "The Greater Elementals".

Co-Creator: @abomba1234567

Character Sheet: 

Last edited by a moderator:
As light shined through the windows, Marcus's eyes began to open "Ah....Another day." He stood up and proceeded to get dressed. After a short while, he began down the road leading to the Academy. "Today's the day. Here's to hoping it doesn't end poorly." He walked into the building and up to his office. He picked up a phone and placed it to his ear, leading a call to Alex, a family friend of his.

@abomba1234567

"who the hell calls this early" Alex asked himself waking up to the sound of the phone. He got up and walked over picking it up and placing it to his ear. "Hello?" He asked questioning what on earth anyone would want this early in the first place.

Marcus smiled "Kid, it's time. The opening of the Academy begins today." He sat down in his chair "I'd like you to be here to welcome the new students"

"I could have sworn you were only talking about doing this when you were drunk but if you say so, I'm on my way down" Alex hung up and put some clothes on, grabbed his car keys and hit the road all the way to the docks. "It's been a while sense I used you Bess" he stated looking at his boat. He hopped on and drove down to the island that was not very far from where the dock was. He made sure to honk before he got out of the boat to announce his arrival

Marcus was sitting on a seat near the docks "Alright, now we just give the call to the ships waiting with the students. Would you like the honor?" He said laughing a little

"I think the teacher should call his students" Alex replied with a smirk that showed his drowsiness. "On your call oh wise one" he stated sarcastically.

"I think the teacher should call his students" Alex replied with a smirk that showed his drowsiness. "On your call oh wise one" he stated sarcastically.

Marcus nodded "I figured you'd say something like that" He said before smirking and putting his ear to the phone as he called his 'Contact'. "Let it begin" He said before putting down the phone "Wait for it...." He announced to Alex and himself. Then suddenly ship horns blared from all around them as the ships closed in near the dock and eventually docked. The gigantic doors opened and revealed a very large amount of girls and boys.

@CrystalYoshi @BoundByWords

Victoria sat on the edge of a chair, staring into the abyss as it would seem. She felt the shadows of the students around her squirming and aching to be free, just like she was. The mass of students made it so hot that she felt a bead of sweat roll down her cheek, and then another, and another. This isn't sweat Vic, you're crying. She said to herself. She hadn't slept for days, she didn't have control of her own body anymore. Not like she ever did but that was besides the point. Suddenly ship horns blasted from every direction and she felt the boat stop. Must be docking. The doors opened and she was relieved to be breathing something besides the stuffy air of the boat. 

Well. Lets do this.

Alex looked out on the mass of students coming out of the boats. "I hope your teaching degree covered this many" Alex stated laughing. There was a spark in his eyes that you could only catch for a second if you were looking closely. "So not all of these kids will be trained huh, I figure you can't handle that many but it'll be interesting to see the kids who get through. Of course I know I also have to take this so called "trial" but I can't help being curious" he stated with a smirk

12 minutes ago, BoundByWords said:

Victoria sat on the edge of a chair, staring into the abyss as it would seem. She felt the shadows of the students around her squirming and aching to be free, just like she was. The mass of students made it so hot that she felt a bead of sweat roll down her cheek, and then another, and another. This isn't sweat Vic, you're crying. She said to herself. She hadn't slept for days, she didn't have control of her own body anymore. Not like she ever did but that was besides the point. Suddenly ship horns blasted from every direction and she felt the boat stop. Must be docking. The doors opened and she was relieved to be breathing something besides the stuffy air of the boat. 

Well. Lets do this.

3 minutes ago, abomba1234567 said:

Alex looked out on the mass of students coming out of the boats. "I hope your teaching degree covered this many" Alex stated laughing. There was a spark in his eyes that you could only catch for a second if you were looking closely. "So not all of these kids will be trained huh, I figure you can't handle that many but it'll be interesting to see the kids who get through. Of course I know I also have to take this so called "trial" but I can't help being curious" he stated with a smirk

Marcus nodded at Alex "Of course...I have no doubt you will make it through......But don't get cocky. The end result of this trial isn't to see if you're the strongest. Merely, it is a test to see if you can survive the BASICS of the Academy" He looked around "What's this...?" He stared at one of the ships as a girl walked out and he began to think to himself "Shadow energy...? Strange...I'll have to keep my eyes on her....Else something bad were to happen"

The air had a thin metallic scent to it, it was probably the people around her, other 'elementals'. She learned much in her short time coming here, one was that she wasn't the devil, she just had more control over certain matter than normal humans. That relieved her, yet, scared her. After being told something her whole life and then finding out it wasn't true she just needed time to think. Alone. Not in a boat full of teenagers. The scent hit her like a brick wall. The smell was thick and heavy, metallic like the others but more potent. She scanned the crowd until she saw someone, a man, looking at her. Using critical thinking skills she realized that that had to be a professor, and that he was really really powerful. She furrowed her eyebrows and shook her head. He could be dangerous. Keep an eye on him Vic. Be cautious. Trust no one.

She nodded slightly to herself and sighed in relief when she finally found a break in the sea of swarming heads. She headed in that direction, not caring who she bumped in to or who she knocked over, she just needed to be away from all of these people.  

2 minutes ago, BoundByWords said:

The air had a thin metallic scent to it, it was probably the people around her, other 'elementals'. She learned much in her short time coming here, one was that she wasn't the devil, she just had more control over certain matter than normal humans. That relieved her, yet, scared her. After being told something her whole life and then finding out it wasn't true she just needed time to think. Alone. Not in a boat full of teenagers. The scent hit her like a brick wall. The smell was thick and heavy, metallic like the others but more potent. She scanned the crowd until she saw someone, a man, looking at her. Using critical thinking skills she realized that that had to be a professor, and that he was really really powerful. She furrowed her eyebrows and shook her head. He could be dangerous. Keep an eye on him Vic. Be cautious. Trust no one.

She nodded slightly to herself and sighed in relief when she finally found a break in the sea of swarming heads. She headed in that direction, not caring who she bumped in to or who she knocked over, she just needed to be away from all of these people.  

Marcus smirked "Powerful.....Very powerful.....This girl may prove to be promising......But something is troubling her....A lingering darkness in her heart...." He shook his head before speaking very loudly so all the students could hear "ATTENTION ALL STUDENTS! GO TO THE GYMNASIUM AND WE MAY BEGIN THE ENTRANCE EXAMS!" He said before blasting a strong wave of fire into the air "ANY STUDENTS CAUGHT LINGERING WILL BE PUNISHED! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!" And with that, he vanished into a cloud of smoke, reappearing in the gymnasium 

Alex sighed shaking his head "you always have to make an entrance don't you old man" he muttered and began walking Infront of the confused students. "If you want to go the the gymnasium follow me and don't stall" he stated walking with his hands in his pockets. He sensed a darker presence from one of the students "hmm? her power is stronger than the others." Alex knew that depending on the level of your power you could sense another's stronger or weaker. He could tell that this girls power might even be on Teer with his own. "Difference is she doesn't know how to use it." He looked back and spotted her, she seemed conflicted but other than that he wasn't making judgments. He walked to the gym.

Marcus smirked "Powerful.....Very powerful.....This girl may prove to be promising......But something is troubling her....A lingering darkness in her heart...." He shook his head before speaking very loudly so all the students could hear "ATTENTION ALL STUDENTS! GO TO THE GYMNASIUM AND WE MAY BEGIN THE ENTRANCE EXAMS!" He said before blasting a strong wave of fire into the air "ANY STUDENTS CAUGHT LINGERING WILL BE PUNISHED! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!" And with that, he vanished into a cloud of smoke, reappearing in the gymnasium 

"Who invited Houdini?" She muttered to herself, watching the teacher vanish. Even though she sounded unamused she was quite in awe of the spectacular display of power. Looking around she spotted a building marked 'Gymnasium' and started to head into that direction. It took a lot of muscling her way through the crowd but she eventually got to the Gym, slightly more tired and more irritated than when she began. She was greeted by another strong metallic smell. Weaker than the smoke dude but still stronger than those around her. "I'd smell less metal bathing in blood. What are those two on?" She asked herself out loud, stepping though the gymnasium doors. 

Kaylin's head had been swarming since she had gotten on the ship and it still was up until the extremely loud horn went off, signaling that they were finally there. She got off the boat with everyone else and looked around at all of the other people there, all like her but then again they weren't at the same time. She noticed the man staring at another student but she payed no mind to it until the other person told the other students to follow him. She smelled the metal smell and it was extremely strong but Kaylin just ignored it and payed attention to her surroundings. "Hmm, this is actually a nice island from what I could tell." The girl said that to herself but god knows that someone magically heard her or something. 

Alex walked up to the stage at the back of the gym where Marcus was standing, waiting for the students to flood in. "Two of the students have a much stronger metallic smell than the rest. You sensed this to, didn't you?" Alex asked the teacher and personal friend of his.

@Shortyshot

Last edited by a moderator:
Just now, abomba1234567 said:

Alex walked up to the stage at the back of the gym where Marcus was standing, waiting for the students to flood in. "Two of the students have a much stronger metallic smell than the rest. You sensed this to didn't you?" Alex asked the teacher and personal friend of his.

@Shortyshot

Marcus nodded "Yes, they are quite incredible powers. This year will be interesting."

15 minutes ago, CrystalYoshi said:

Kaylin's head had been swarming since she had gotten on the ship and it still was up until the extremely loud horn went off, signaling that they were finally there. She got off the boat with everyone else and looked around at all of the other people there, all like her but then again they weren't at the same time. She noticed the man staring at another student but she payed no mind to it until the other person told the other students to follow him. She smelled the metal smell and it was extremely strong but Kaylin just ignored it and payed attention to her surroundings. "Hmm, this is actually a nice island from what I could tell." The girl said that to herself but god knows that someone magically heard her or something. 

20 minutes ago, BoundByWords said:

"Who invited Houdini?" She muttered to herself, watching the teacher vanish. Even though she sounded unamused she was quite in awe of the spectacular display of power. Looking around she spotted a building marked 'Gymnasium' and started to head into that direction. It took a lot of muscling her way through the crowd but she eventually got to the Gym, slightly more tired and more irritated than when she began. She was greeted by another strong metallic smell. Weaker than the smoke dude but still stronger than those around her. "I'd smell less metal bathing in blood. What are those two on?" She asked herself out loud, stepping though the gymnasium doors. 

Marcus looked out at the students "ATTENTION! THE EXAMS WILL BEGIN..........NOW!" He said as the floor vanished beneath them leading them to a giant dark room. "Time to go" He said before pushing Alex down the hole

Victoria tried to force herself to make the darkness around her come up to her feet to catch her fall but she couldn't control it five minutes ago so what made right now any different? So, she settled for the next best option, tucking and rolling. "This is going to be buckets of fun" She said as she got up from her position, looking around the room for any hint of light. Alas there lie only darkness. Usually this would have made her happy but the fact that she had no idea where she was or what was to happen scared her, and in some way, excited her.

4 minutes ago, BoundByWords said:

Victoria tried to force herself to make the darkness around her come up to her feet to catch her fall but she couldn't control it five minutes ago so what made right now any different? So, she settled for the next best option, tucking and rolling. "This is going to be buckets of fun" She said as she got up from her position, looking around the room for any hint of light. Alas there lie only darkness. Usually this would have made her happy but the fact that she had no idea where she was or what was to happen scared her, and in some way, excited her.

Marcus appeared down in the hole using his flame to create fire around the entire room revealing that they were in some sort of arena. "The challenge for this exam? To clear the challenges before you. If you do not work as a team you will not pass." He said seriously "Now....Let it begin" He then proceeded to engulf his entire body in fire before floating up to a throne made of fire as creatures that could only be described as monsters filled the room "FIGHT!" He shouted

Kaylin gasped and she looked around to find complete and utter darkness surrounding everybody and so she braced herself for the floor and rolled when she hit it. She stood up and brushed off her clothes before looking around again for some sort of light but of course there was none so she just calmed herself before she turned when she heard something snap and she shook her head. "Well, that kid probably has a broken ankle or something, poor thing." She turned towards the flame and when she saw the arena her mouth slightly dropped before the monsters appeared. "Fun times for all huh."

"Holy shit." She said in awe as she saw the Professor rise in the arena, casting light every which way. She looked away for a moment to see hideous creatures storming their way in. She was supposed to fight those things? How? She couldn't use her powers to fight yet. Then don't use your powers dumbass. You know you can fight.

Oh. Right. She thanked her inner voice and watched as the creatures got closer, looking for any weak spots. Neck, head. Back of the knee. She told herself. Just like anyone else. The question is, where the hell were all of those things? And how was she supposed to do any real damage without her knives? Stop thinking about it and let your instincts take over. Just jump right inThe voice said. So. She did. 

Alex hit the ground very ungracefully but quickly got to his face to see the monsters and the arena. "This is an abuse of your power old man" he stated before lighting covered his body. He hit one of the monsters only for two more to take its place. He looked around watching kids getting mauled to death by these things. "This is a little much don't you think" He yelled to anyone who was still alive.

Kaylin cursed inwardly when she reached for her bow and arrows only to remember that she didn't have them so she couldn't only resort to hand-to-hand combat. She kicked away some of the creatures coming towards her and she turned around to find another girl fighting off monsters like a freaking boss. The only problem was that there was another monster coming up behind her so Kaylin rushed  towards the monster and kicked it away from the other girl. "There is a whole pack of monsters here." She kicked one of the monsters before she got frustrated and tried concentrating to find any sort of water source and she found one but couldn't tell where it was since most of her efforts were being used to knock out the enemies.

@BoundByWords

Pain. That was pretty much all she could feel. She could feel her skin being sliced and pummeled by those things. Pain so intense she almost forgot why she did what she did in the first place. Until a voice snapped her out of it. 

"This is a little much don't you think?" 

No kidding. Wait...

Everything flooded back to her and she started to fight back. Attack pattern. She needed to know their attack pattern. They used their hands, not their legs so if she stays low she can take them out one by one. 

"If anyone is listening-" She was cut off by a creature digging its razor sharp claws into her arm and gritted her teeth. Oh right, gotta fight back and all that.

She grabbed one of the creatures arms and dropped like a rag doll, letting her weight pull them down while taking her foot and wedging it behind their knee pressing down with as much force as possible, successfully bringing the creature down on its knees. Internally cheering in victory, she kneed the creature in the face and stuck her fingers into the eyes of the monster, cringing at the squishy feeling and cherishing its howls of pain. She brought her second hand down to hit the creature again when her fist felt full. She looked over, bewildered, only to see a wicked ink black blade in her hand. What the hell? She brought the blade down into the creatures head and watched it drop, dead. 

"Fuck YES!" She yelled. She felt a burning sensation in her arms and saw a dark smoke like substance swirling around her arms, producing two more blades in her hands. 

"Oh now you decide to start working, would have been nice a few minutes ago." She said in an annoyed tone. 

"If anyone is still alive or listening, aim for the legs! They don't attack with the legs, if you get them down its over." She yelled, flinching when she heard a crack of lightning. Well that was cool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back