TV & Film Scenes that broke you

I've watched/read/played a lot books, shows, movies, games, etc. Unfortunately I know that I'm missing a few, but these are the first that pop into mind:

Red vs Blue has a lot of moments for me.
The death of Glenn in the Walking Dead totally turned me away from the series.
The death of Erwin and Sasha in Attack on Titan. To be fair, there were lots of deaths that hit me hard, but these two really bother me.
The ending of Majima's story in Yakuza 0.
Everything about Berserk.

I've watched/read/played a lot books, shows, movies, games, etc. Unfortunately I know that I'm missing a few, but these are the first that pop into mind:

Red vs Blue has a lot of moments for me.
The death of Glenn in the Walking Dead totally turned me away from the series.
The ending of Majima's story in Yakuza 0.
Everything about Berserk.
Fuckin feel all those things besides Red vs Blue

The only one I can readily recall and the only where I tear up every time is in E.T. where the doctors try to resuscitate him and Gertie jolts when they use the paddles.

Can an entire movie be one of these? Because I made the bad decision to watch Threads (1984) around the time talks of World War 3 started up again earlier this year. That movie fucks you up. Leaves a scar on your soul. I still lie awake at night thinking that any little sound I hear in the night is the start of a nuclear attack. Not a good movie to watch unless you have a very good tolerance for that type of thing. And even then I'd advise caution.

Grave of the Fireflies, enough said. Watched it once and once was all it took.
(The whole movie)

sad macaulay culkin GIF

Anya trying to cope with death.

How can I forget the original Dumbo two scenes in particular break my heart. Mrs Jumbo was only trying to protect her baby from those kids she gets locked up and separated from her baby. Then there’s the baby of mine scene ugh I can’t watch this movie without crying.

The speech Beth makes before she dies in Little Women when Joe left her bedside to close a window and she dies gets me every time. Like her spirit left the room. When she says I was never meant to live a long life and now I'm the one going away always gets me. Her trembling I'm not afraid and I can be brave like you joe. Gets me every time.

Have a tissue handy

"I will never be good enough for you. Will I? No matter how hard I try. No matter how hard any of us tries."

That scene in Encanto just ripped a hole right through my chest. I've always had a difficult relationship with my father, especially as a teen, and I don't know if we'll ever be able to fix everything that's broken between us.
This scene sums up exactly how I always felt about him. First time I saw I've been sitting there bawling my eyes out. Still do, honestly.

Edit-
Oh also; Azula's slow descend into madness during the final two ATLA episodes.
Her crying and screaming on the floor...
I swear the temperature of the room dropped notably.

Last edited:
Tear, Tear
All of the Mass Effect 3 deaths and the part with Shepard and Anderson leading up to the end.

Brokeback Mountain's ending.

Break, Break
The graphic scene in 13 Reasons Why season 2. I handled season 1's relatively well, but the violence in season 2 literally made me have to pause the show for a minute.

The violence in Eden Lake.

The controversial death in The Walking Dead.[/u][/u]

The Owl House:

My mind was blown when it was revealed Emperor Belos was actually a
witch hunter.
Blew my damn mind and broke me.

Recently reminded myself of one.

The scene where your horse dies. It's so goddamn heartbreaking to see such a loyal animal die in such a brutal way. And just the fact that the protagonist not only thanks his horse, but goes to the effort of burying him just...God.

Zabuza and Haku’s death in Naruto.
That scene hit HARD.

Naruto actually had a few I'll put in spoilers.

The scene that depicted how Itachi killed the Uchiha clan. Specifically, when he confronted his parents, and they weren't...angry, or hurt. They wereproud of him. Prouid that he'd chosen his side. All they asked is that he protected Sasuke. And what really broke the dam is when his father said "You were always a kind child."

Then a scene in part 1, before the Third Hokage's funeral. Kakashi is standing at a memorial to those lost in the Third Sinobi War, and someone else comes to do the same. She comments on how instead of making escuses on why he's late, he could just do this earlier. And Kakashi's only response was, "I did...I've been here since dawn." Kakashi just...stood there, for hours, in the freezing rain...

And finally, the Kakashi/Obito fight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back