• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Scarlet Academy

AcridComet

You are recent arrivals to the scarlet Academy. An old school that previously only took students with personal invitations from the Empress herself. Since her disappearance in R.Y. 763, the staff have been searching for a new way of selecting students. The headmaster, a Que'zhong Szorn, has opened the academy to a public exam that many can take. Of the 900,000 applicants, you are among the 1,000 that managed to pass. You have a long year ahead of you, the stars shimmer overhead, and the darkest parts of your hearts seem to be open books to the students therein.

So, your new classmate arrives.  He is of average height, and slim build, he appears to be around 16 years of age.  The interesting thing is that he has hair that has red and blue spikes (dyed obviously), and bright green eyes that seem to take everything in at once, and yet see nothing.  He appears to be from the outlying areas, not from the heart of the Realm.  His dress is refined but utilitarian, bearing the crest of House Nellans.  He is accompanied by a quite lovely woman in a collar, and his baggage is being carried by a demon.  He scans the entry hall before walking up to the desk to receive his room assignment.

The entry hall has few desks, but oddly lacks any papers. Not even a map of the island. Instead, moonsilver plaques seem to divide the students. One odd one you almost miss, positively tiny compared to the massive other ones. Only five names adorn this sliver of a plaque.

A student approaches the wall of plaques, casually thumbing through a large book he's carrying. Reaching them, he searches for his name. 

Another student arrives, tall and strongly built. He had ruby red hair that he wore tied back at the moment. His eyes are orange and his skin is tanned and slightly reddish in hue as he looks around, favoring a breastplate along with comfortable, well made tunic, trousers and boots. He has a sword at his hip, wary of having to surrender it over school rules. He has a curious cluster of men carrying his things, eager to get his various effects into his room for him. The trick now seemed to be getting signed in.

Sesus Ven chuckles and leans in, talking up one of the other students who seems to have figured things out. Wanting to see just what was the next step in all of this.

(4 Successes)

The plaques are rolling through names, their moonsilver surface revealing some. From the way the students seem to perk up and point, you would guess an enchantment highlights their names. Yours is on the smallest plaque. You arent sure what the plaques mean, and would require a closer look.

Ven scowls and moves, using his larger build to slightly bully his way though the crowd to read the plaques better. He wanted to see just what that plaque indicated for himself, not feeling like being left as some sort of joke for the rest of the school. His eyes scanning over it more now while trying to see just what this famous school had in store for him.

I move a bit closer but then send a servant forward to find my name and my suite assignment.  As a Nellans, I expect nothing less than a suite of rooms to not cramp my personal space.

Very well then I will make my way to my assigned location leaving my servant and familiar in the lobby with my luggage.

Ven blinks some as he sees the name and looks more surprised. That was the headmaster, wasn't it? What in all of Creation had gotten him into that class? Withtout any idea what else to do, Ven moves to find his way on towards his class room now. Not sure where else to go but there at the moment.

(Just realized I haven't given the layout)

The massive entrance hall has jade pillars flanking a massive statue of the Scarlet Empress. The statue appears to beckon students toward a massive auditorium with numbered seats. All of your seats are near the front.

When you reach your seats you see the headmaster behind a pedestal. He waits a moment for all the students to quite down before beginning his speech.

"You're all going to die." 

"Here you stand, all of you the best and brightest of a generation. And yet, you still are not, can never be, the best"

"It is only a matter of time. What I teach here is only a delaying tactic. You will lose, and none may choose the time, or the place. Some of you will die young. Some of you will die in these very walls. But this is inevitable. Your house is determined by your host. Will the five I have chosen, step forward"

When all of you arrive,  Que'zhong states "These are the top of the class. They can't stand up to the anathema.. If you have anything to say to your fellow classmates, now is the time." His tone of voice says this is not optional

(I would suggest making a social performance check)

Last edited by a moderator:
"Greetings, I'm Sesus Ven and I think the Realm has more to worry about than just Anathema. They were destroyed before, they will be destroyed again. The Realm is what you all should be more interested in saving," Ven declared and pointed out at the class, moving his arm along the whole group.  "Without its unity and power, the Anathema will over run Creation anyways. Perhaps you should all focus more towards that unification to stave off what dark powers are at work."

"So what if I die. The Realm needs to survive. Perhaps I'll rule it before I die," He offers with a cold smile and regards the Headmaster. "Someone obviously has to."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back