• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Saviours of Atlea! (Questing RPG type Rp)

Dooplighost

Freak Sheet
A Quick Overview

A long time ago Atlea was a nation of peace ruled over by many governing bodies who got on well enough. These bodies had, and still do have, some power in their region but in the end they are also ruled over by the current royals, the family of the surname Purosmith. The family consists of a king, a queen, two princes and a princess. Few uncivilised or unreasonably violent beings, known then and now as monsters, were indigenous to Atlea's various biomes and most of the land was taken and inhabited by one civilised race or another- thus making the monster race scarce. That is until the Lord of Evil arrived. With a merciless iron fist he took the province of one of the governing bodies as his own and captured two members of the royal family who were there at the time. The Lord of Evil used his vast armies of monsters to seize the land and take many different places for his own, soon he had control of around sixty percent of Atlea and had no reason to consider stopping.

However as he progressed it became harder for him to take what he wanted. People in the early stages of his invasion were unaware and unsure of how to act, but later when the Lord of Evil was supposedly at an advantage, action had been taken. A party of renowned warriors had gathered in the largest city in the grassland region, as far away from the Lord of Evil's territory as possible. This group founded the “Saviours of Atlea” (SoA), an organisation that was willing to train ordinary people into warriors, mages, preiests, thieves, paladins, martial artists and many more. They had hoped to raise enough groups to hold back the Lord of Evil's armies and one day take back Atlea.

This was two decades ago.

With the founders of SoA being old even two decades ago, every one of them has perished by the present day- but they didn't die for nothing. The SoA has effectively created a stalemate between the expendable troops the Lord of Evil is prepared to send to invade the rest of Atlea and those who have joined SoA. With the organisation slowly gaining in strength and numbers will it finally be enough to take back the rest of Atlea from the Lord of Evil and save the captured royals?

Details of The Structure of The RP
I envisioned that this roleplay should consist of the characters partying up together (to maximise interactions that is, I originally thought of joining different parties but there would probably be a lack of interaction that way) and going on quests assigned to them by the SoA that usually involve fighting and gaining loot/recognition. In between these quests I thought it'd be a good change of pace from constant adventuring in Atlea to have down time for more leisurely character interactions or any other subplots not related to the main plot I/anyone can integrate into the rp. Speaking of which the plot will be progressive during quests and then probably somewhat stagnant during the downtime.

I'll be controlling essentially NPCs who are essential to the plot as well as my own main character who'll party up with you all and experience the silly quests with you.

I will accept one to three other roleplayers for this one as I find big groups become a little problematic in terms of posting frequently enough (like once or twice per week or so). In my opinion this is especially problem with role plays that aren't entirely sandboxes (which is why I also thought the downtime would be a good idea as it introduces more of a sandbox element as opposed to the more linear quests).

If you're interested then just say so, if it gets oversupplied with rpers then I’ll sort something out. To whoever is reading: I'll just say thank you in advance for your time! Congrats on getting through all this lol.

Quick questions:

1. In terms of questing, it is a free-roam world, correct? If so, when one of us takes a side quest, would it or would it not be the case where the whole party must complete it together? Or can different characters take up different quests? Also, how diverse will they be? Would it encompass common crafting/gathering side quests as well? Or solely dedicated to anything related to the Lord of Evil's storyline?

2. Is there a guild ranking system like many animes, mangas and video games where you obtain ranks via doing quests and such - and in turn, gain access to higher-end gears and rewards from said guild? Or do the SoA get sponsored and financed by the people's tax or certain kingdoms? (they're practically a mercenary group, right?)

3. Following up on question 2, how difficult would the combat system in this RP be? Will we have a health point, mana, skill points and experience system (dedicated or improvised)? Like many isekai stories where the MC gets transported to another world, but the whole MMORPG systems still apply? Or is it simply just a linear world with nothing of the sort?

4. Technology: I'm guessing this is high medieval? Just getting a confirmation in case there's something else like gunpowder weapons and such. Also means of transportation - do teleportation magic exists?

5. Not a question, but I like your spooky pfp. Very Spooktober in spirit :)

Dooplighost Dooplighost

I see you already have many people so if you have no more room I understand, so instead would you want someone to play small one off characters and random encounters or to help come up with quests or any other jobs like that!

I'm also guessing this is pretty much filled up already as it is, but I'll put my interest in just in case. Understandable if there's not enough room, though!

Oh wow really? So many people, I didn't expect this at all...
Okay, I have an idea. Originally I was gonna have just one party but since there are so many people, I think we could create two, but only if someone wants to step forward and help me as a Co-GM. That way I can keep track of both parties, when they're off doing different things and bring everyone together when needed.

If anyone wants to be Co-GM just PM me about it and we can settle the details.

If no one steps forward then I'm afraid I'm gonna have to stretch my will and limit this to thr first five people who showed interest.

For now I will try and get a CS template ready for everyone!

Pilgrim59 Pilgrim59
First off, thanks for the compliment lol. Secondly, I'll answer your questions a bit later when I got a bit more time...and thought about answers for all of them...

One I can answer now though is the battle system won't have stats or anything, it will probably be entirely descriptive and you can choose whether your character gets hit or not etc etc
stats make things a bit needlessly complicated sometimes imo

Pilgrim59 Pilgrim59

1. I think it would be up to the character who they bring on the quest, though your party members are the only ones who can officially come with you and officially receive a reward. In most circumstances I imagine you would want the whole party there. Many of the quests will be at least somewhat related to the main story, if only just beating an important captain of the Lord of Evil's army, but there will be some gathering quests and other random smaller ones between these. If your character has any personal subplot sidequest to explore then we can create a sidequests revolving around that if you tell me about it.

2. There definitely is a ranking system which will unlock more dangerous quests. Many of the rewards will be monetary as they will be supplied by the SoA, but certain quests will have rewards from NPCs in addition to these. Be these items or equipment. The money will also have use, there will be shops in different areas with different pieces of equipment to grant elemental immunity or unlock new abilities- magical or not. So it's best to keep track of the money you own. If your character has any personal subquest story you'd like to explore than you can tell me and we can create a sidequest from it.

4. High medieval yup, guns and such don't exist cause we got MAGICKS instead!! Transportation will be by foot, some form of horse or equivalent and teleportation magic is a thing. I'd allow most about anything to be classified as "magic" so long as it isn't time manipulation or too OP. Elemental magic is probably the most common type though.

If anyone else has other questions I'd be glad to answer! : )

Oh, I feel like I should mention this...

Posting requirements:

• Gonna need like, a paragraph or more per response from everyone, makes sense if it’s less and you’re in action or whatever but try to give something for your other players to respond to!
• No one liners, please
• If everyone could post at least once or twice a week that would be great. I prefer roleplays that have slower but longer responses

^^ if that doesn’t sound like your cup of tea then I recommend you don’t join, sorry!

Mm, that’s my cup of tea, even though I’m a coffee person.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back