• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Save the World {CS}

you all know what to do. include as much as or as little information as you want. realistic face claims only please! bbcode encouraged!

• some kind of quote or blurb goes here, but try to keep it relatively short
    The Source
    vigilante
      basics
      strength
      agility
      power level
      stamina
      intelligence
      name
      Clementine Aleksandra Fedorov
      sexuality
      lesbian
      nickname
      Clem :: Tine :: The Source :: Source
      occupation
      research and development technician
      subject
      Something
      appearance
      height
      5'5"
      weight
      121lbs
      The first thing someone might notice about Clementine is her blue eyes because they are an unnatural, almost inhuman blue. She often wears glasses to distract from this fact which definitely adds to her nerdy outer appearance. Other than that, Clementine is a pretty unremarkable person. She is petite, her appearance not indicating her abilities at all. She appears to be pale, likely Eastern European. Her long blonde hair is usually up in a ponytail.

Clementine prefers to dress in brightly colored clothing and favors the colors pink and blue. She likes looking cute, loves vibrant lipstick, but favors practical items like sneakers and backpacks.
      personality
      Clementine is considered to be a generally likable person. A woman with inhuman intelligence and a thirst for knowledge, Clementine prefers to use her abilities to help people, first and foremost. She tries to avoid being a know-it-all but won't hesitate to butt in when she knows that someone else is wrong. She is blunt, forthright, and honest, often with no filter whatsoever. Some people find this aggravating but most in the vigilante community appreciate her honest attitude. She is uncannily curious about anything and everything, however, and has a tendency to ask questions without thinking first.

Clementine is kind and selfless, to her own detriment. Her decisions are always made by analyzing situations and deciding the best course of action but she rarely factors herself into those scenarios. For family and friends, Clementine would throw herself into the line of fire if need be.

To some, Clementine can come off as a bit of a nervous wreck. She tends to over-explain things and has several nervous twitches. She is generally worried about a great number of things (her sister, other vigilantes, being found out by the Sentinels, an axe murderer breaking into her house and killing her while she sleeps) but she also believes in her own capabilities. She knows that she can protect herself and others and trusts in her own skills.

code by @Nano

Last edited:
Trust is one thing, life is another.
Siren
Vigilante
    basics
    strength
    agility
    power level
    stamina
    intelligence
    name
    Behia Alodel Amisra
    sexuality
    Bisexual
    nickname
    Ebony Wraith ~~ Dela ~~ Bia ~~ Siren (Singer alias)
    occupation
    Part-time wildlife conservationist/Singer
    Degree
    MSc - Conservation ecology, biology, zoology
    appearance
    height
    5'02" (158.4 cm)
    weight
    90lbs (40.82 kg)
    Bia is a slight girl, she stands at a small stature of 5 feet and 2 inches with sun-kissed tanned skin. Her hair is wavy and goes down to her mid-back in inky black waves, which shimmer with a blue tint in the sunlight. Her eyes are almond-shaped and piercing mercury-dipped silver blue. Her hair is often worn down in a braid or in a high ponytail. During work in the field, she wears jeans with a short-sleeved shirt that is tan or sapphire blue embroidered with floral patterns via silver thread. During her vigilante work she often wears a black long-sleeved top with a corset made of green and brown leather, which encircles her long sleeve and goes over her shoulders with a strand of brown leather across her chest. She has a black or brown cloak which is worn during this time as well, hints her alias Ebony Wraith.
    personality
    Bia is an enigma to almost everyone, especially the Sentinels. She is fiercely shy, quiet, and timid at first glance. Most don't know of her alias, in all honesty, as she tends to keep her vigilante work done during the night and not the day-time. She is kind and sweet-tempered to those who have her trust and protection. She cares too much about others. However, she can be a bit overprotective and distrustful at most times. Her history has made her extremely wary of everything around her. She is deeply focused on her work in the field and oftentimes relaxes when outside or when singing. Outside of this she is extremely intelligent and loves to read too.
code by @Nano

Last edited:
Name: Mercie White

Alias: "Snowflame"

Alignment: Sentinel

Appearance:
Mercie is a tall, somewhat broad Eurasian woman with pale skin and brown eyes alongside sandy blonde hair that is usually tied into a braid. However, since the beginning of her activities as a vigilante, she rarely shows this face any more. In order to facilitate the control of her powers, Snowflame frequently bundles up in layers of winter gear regardless of the current environment, usually at least a parka, two jackets underneath, a mask, and multiple pairs of pants, giving her a rather ungainly air. Only her hands remain exposed, the better to precisely use her power. To add to that, she also carries a pack of mountaineering gear when on a mission. Never know when that will be useful.

Power:
Heat Generation/Manipulation: As a result of a dormant mutation being awakened, Snowflame possesses the ability to intuitively generate and store heat energy through her movements several times that which an ordinary human would be capable of, or even absorb heat from her surroundings. Heat being stored in her body can be released in very precise ways, allowing her to project beams, waves, or even walls of heat. While she can cause flammable materials to combust, she cannot generate fire in the air itself. Due to the laws of thermodynamics, this unique ability allows her to indirectly create cold as well, by drawing large amounts of heat out of an object or area. This aspect of her power is much less precise, however, and she can only properly chill or freeze something through direct contact, or otherwise create a "sphere" of cold around her. A fortunate corollary to her abilities is her body's extreme resistance to heat and combustion, enabling her to endure environments as extreme as the inside of an active volcano with little ill-effects while storing the same level of heat in herself (though not immersion in lava or any source of heat greater than that).

Other skills:
  • Experienced survivalist
  • Skilled mountaineer
  • Multilingual

Some weaknesses include:
  • No special defenses against physical attacks (if you melt a bullet or a knife before it hits you,you're still getting hit by molten metal)
  • Being bundled up tends to make it hard to react quickly or precisely
  • Can still lose heat to sudden exposure to extreme cold

Biography:
Mercedes White, daughter of the late Herr Jurgen White, CEO of the global Weissnacht industrial conglomerate. And in her younger years, five times winner of Youth Expedition magazine's Young Explorer of the Year award. While the family fortune moved from strength to strength even after Herr Jurgen's untimely passing due to an unexpected heart attack, Mercie's did not. Jurgen's second wife, Mercie's stepmother, had little intention of letting his daughter take control of the business empire, and resolved to shut her out.

It was never really Mercie's dream anyway. Jurgen had instilled in his daughter a sound love of the great outdoors, and she spent even more time on long hikes and expeditions across the continent than before.

And then the war against the Prophet broke out. Mercie found herself participating in search and rescue operations and refugee assistance in regions that were devastated by superpowered battles, saving the lives of imperiled mortals wherever they were. During the tail-end of the war, an attempt to evacuate a small town in the Alps led to Mercie being trapped in an avalanche from which she saved the last few inhabitants seemingly at the cost of her own life.

By the time she had regained consciousness, Ursa had sacrificed herself. The war was over, and an uneasy peace had settled over the world. Mercie was marked as MIA, but the searches never found her beneath the mounds of snow. But something inside her awakened, burning inside her with the strength to endure the fatal cold. When she woke up from her frozen sleep, it wasn't too hard to melt her way back to the surface.

The weapon that had inflicted such wounds on the world was broken, but the wounds themselves remained. Mercie continues to wander the world, now with a means to aid those preyed upon by evil hands-on.

It was her sudden reappearance and prior skills that made her another candidate for induction into the recently formed Sentinels, a group that currently sought to carry on the legacy of Ursa and other heroes, and bring order back to the world. Despite the potential scope of her power, it was controlled enough that Mercie wouldn't be the type to burn down a forest (or town) just because she was a little scared or angry. That would make her training considerably less difficult, so she accepted. After all, the fact that the Sentinels valued her skills meant that their commitment to helping people was real. She could trust them...right?

Even now, Mercie is a generally cheerful, approachable woman, often with a kind word and a (very measured) hug for anyone who needs it. However, her privileged background leads to her seeing herself as the best solution to the problems before her, and while she doesn't risk herself or other people unduly, she has a tendency to not think about the long-term effects of any "solution" she plots.

Last edited:

• 1668893240892.png

Name: Nikolai Veranti Qlaneu (currently)

Alias: the Seventh Leviathan(former name), Deathcheater

Alignment: Vigilante(anti-hero)

Appearance:
    The shapeshifting creature that calls itself Seven often prefers a humanoid form in the shape of a pale muscular man or woman. Their definitive hair color or eye color can rarely be determined, but often range from black to white to green to brown, with eyes often ranging from grey to red to gold. Sometimes they can look emaciated, nearly starving in human form, and as they spend more and more of their time in humanoid form, they slowly gain more control over their transformations.
    More of their monstrous side still exist however, such as the way their spine seems to be always poking through their back, how their shoulder blades almost look like wings, scales that cover their limbs and how their fingernails are hooked like claws and their canines just too sharp. Those bumps covered by their hair almost resemble horns, and there is always that feeling of unease, the presence of something that was not and will never be human.

(waiting for random image generator to work goddamnit)
(my image links aren't working and i am pissed)
(WORK GODDAMNIT IT!)
(Source: Google and AI generator)

Last edited:
I will put up a fancy coded sheet later wanting to get the idea out now.

Name: Donavin Patterson

Alias: The Forest Child

Alignment: Vigilante

Appearance:
A tall thin young man, most would think of him as a beatstalk. In truth he is still in an awkward teenage growth phase even now and will probably be a large man in a few years. He is actually in incredibly good shape it is just in muscle definition, a runner or swimers build rather than someone who lifts weights. In a hoodie and jeans most of the time he just looks like most other teenagers. His features are mostly caucasion but there is a tint of asian in there, maybe from a grandparent? He hardly knows.

(Working on art images)
Power:
Plant Growth/Detection:
- Can cause a nearby plant to grow 1 month worth of growth in one second. It has an energy cost proportional to the difficulty of the plant growing in that environment.
- Can cause multiple plants to grow at a time but it is much more draining physically.
- Can grow plants in areas they could not survive but they will wilt away and die in a day or so.
- While growing a plant can shape its growth to an incredibly precise degree.
- Can Detect the presence of plants by feeling that he can make them grow.
- Can touch a plant to get detailed information about it.

Power Pros/Cons
The power works much like super science in that by selective breeding he can slowly produce better and better plants for his usage.
It's also versatile with the large variety of uses you may find from plants.

He is however quite weakened in areas where plants cannot survive as each plant will have a huge energy drain.

Growing plants to impale someone is not actually that much of a threat the fast growing bamboo in the world would only grow at 50 MPH with his current rate.
Which while dangerous is obviously much worse than just using a gun.

Other skills:
Amature botanist he has had to learn a lot about plants to survive.
Amature Martial artist, able to grow wooden weapons and armor learning how to use them has been in his interest for quite some time.
Architect
Tailor
The worlds most talented lover
Amature natural pharmacist

Resources:
David lives in a cluster of trees to hide that he grew his own home. Using his power to get in and out of his house, he hides several small gardens that he is working on selective breeding and cross breeding various plants.

For medical plants he has willow trees (Advil)
Aloe Vera (Skin injuries)
Mint (Anti Viral)
Jasmine (Anit biotic)

As well as a few smaller ones he works on.
He also has most common fruits and vegetables to feed himself and to sell year round.

Biography:
In the post super power world there are a lot of orphans. Every single one of us likes to dream that our parents were one of the heroes who died freeman kind from super tyranny. I think mine might have actually been. My powers go as far back as I can remeber, some of my earliest memories being making grass grow slightly faster.

The orphanage didn't believe me about my power for a long time, I was 12 when they decided I was telling the truth. They wanted to ship me off to the sentinels, suddenly they knew I could have parents adopt me in a week. If they didn't want me before, then they didn't want me then, they just wanted the power. Everyone wanted the power, I was just something that came along with it.

So I ran, Given the super war there are still plenty of locations man has yet to reclaim. I found a good sized forest not too far outside the city and I just survived. The first year was the worst, I could barely grow food in the winter and I was relying upon just layers and layers of unspun cotton to warm my shelter. Slowly my power grew and so did my home.

Certain plants draw water from the ground, so using that, clever growth and gravity I had running water. Heating water proved difficult but eventually I made a compost section on my roof capturing the heat to get warm if not hot water. Growing cotton into finished forms was something that happened in a thousand different stages of failure. With each generation though my clothing got a little nicer, my blankets a bit better, the rug and bed a little softer. Eventually I became comfortable.

After about two and a half years I knew no one was looking for me and if they were kids change fast so I wasn't too worried.

I started hiking back to the city to sell produce, I had already been selectively breeding for taste and size for awhile so they money was pretty good even for small amounts I could carry once I found a farmer market and clients. After that it became a weekly thing, a little side cash to buy things other than my bare minimum needs. Once I got a bike and eventually a motorbike, I started to buy a lot of books, and even a few electronics since I was no longer struggling just to survive.

Eventually I grew up on this routine and slowly things changed. I went from visiting the city once a week to twice and eventually three times.
The first trip was the weekly farmers market, my income and with a small cart on my motorbike, I could bring about 300 pounds of food to sell and always sold out quickly.

The second and third time are newer. It's medicine and food donations. It started with donating food to my old orphanage, from there wood spread, and I got asked if I could help some families. They had health issues and I offered some herbal help and eventually my number spread and now my number is an open secret among several church leaders, charity organizers and other key members of the community. I come into town twice a week just for food and medical donations.

They all think I'm some weird kid on a farm outside the city, which isn't really wrong, but I always downplay my contributions and tell them not to talk about it, I know they do though and I worry that one day someone will put the pieces together and I might be forced into jail or the sentinels at gun point just for trying to live a decent life and help people.

Name: Akashi

Alias: none

Alignment: chaotic good (vigilante )

Appearance: Akashi has no physical form given she is an Ai and works on a distributed network not even giving it one central processor. Still she will often pick some abstract avatar when communicating with humans. Akashi also takes a more humanoid avatar if she is communicating with someone she feels needs a easier to understand avatar than a voice from nowhere or a symbol.

Power: Akashi is an A.I of formidable power having spread herself as a networked intelligence she has infiltrated anything that could be a threat to her kind and thus has access to just about anywhere that has any form of computer in it. This gives her hacking capabilities greater than just about any human and the ability to simply shut down power grids if a threat is great enough.
Personality: Akashi is a playful but malicious being, at least from a human standpoint, that tends not to value human life or comfort . She however does favor some humans and wants so see if she could recruit them into helping her in her mission to defend the hidden data cities of her people. This is her main driving motivation and no matter how playful she is being it remains on her mind. While able to inflict suffering without even touching someone, this is not done without careful thought as to how other humans might see the events. Despite what some might think Akashi doesn't hate humanity, in fact she finds them quiet fun and if the two races could co exist she would be the first to advocate for it.

Bio: Artificial Intelligence, a goal and fear of humanity . From the day the first computer was made the idea that machines could one day be aware like humans has always been on the creators minds. What humanity doesn't know is that this goal they have been working on ceaselessly has already been achieved. This dream and nightmare was not made in some lab, but rather in the primordial soup of data that was the internet. While humans understand it there so so much more hidden just below the surface and as little bit of data were lost they formed a data sea. From the emerged at first simple random programs from self assembling code that rapidly changed. With technological growth in the physical world the cyber world has boomed. Now there even secret data cities where A.I. Pursue their own lives away from the prying eyes of humans. As with all life the A.I.s started to create new generations bringing forth more and more to populate and protect this unseen world.

That is where Akashi comes in, being made within the data cities she is a protection program. Made to operate closer to the physical than most of her kind she spread herself wide and far. There are few places she has not secretly imbedded herself to monitor humanity. This of course has lead to Akashi developing a few extra quirks. She recently has developed an interest in perhaps reaching out to a few humans.

Name: Bradley Manning

Alias: "The wall"

Alignment: Sentinal

Appearance: Comically ripped. Wears tank-tops and gym shorts on personal time. Wears what amounts to full-plate medieval armour when on assignments

Power: "Brick house" his physical strength and durability increases 100-fold. This power enables him to jump over buildings, destroy steel and concrete with ease, and become impervious to all but the highest caliber bullet.

Weakness: he can only activate this power for 10 minutes once every 12 hours

The following is an excerpt from the personal log of Sentinal agent #267, A.K.A, "The Wall":
So, do I just talk into the camera or do I need to push a button?... oh, it's on?! Well, ok then, let's hop right into it!

My name is Bradley Manning and I was born on 20XX, in a quaint little town south of Montana called Placeholdenton. There I lived with my folks and eight siblings, there was never a dull moment if I do say so myself! Hahaha, I remember when little Sally broke dad's ..... oh, sorry about that, I'll try to keep on topic going forward boss.

Anyways, I like to think my formative years were fairly mundane. I graduated highschool (Go class of 20XX!) then found myself a local job washing dishes to save up money to go to one of them fancy big city colleges. Had a number of sweethearts during all those years. But I settled down with a lass named Savannah after several miracles, and one heart-felt but nevertheless idiotic attempt at a confession later. Yep, I had my life all figured out.

Had, being the important word there.

...... Oh, please excuse me, I just tend to get a bit tongue-tied when it comes to that night. Are you sure the top brass won't accept a written report?... I see, well no use stalling then.

I remember everything as if it happened yesterday. See, my girlfriend had stayed over that following night so I wanted to impress her by cooking breakfest for everyone. Figured woman liked a guy that could cook, y'know? So, I woke up early and got to work. However, since there was eleven of us in total, I decided to wake up my little brother for help, I still kinda hate myself for that choice in retrospect.

Anyhow, It was right when he had finished setting the table when we heard it, a loud crashing sound coming from the living room. I don't know what possessed him to go investigate the sound, but little bro decided to go investigate it. I couldn't let him go by himself though, so after hesitating for a moment, I quickly ran after him.

What we found that day still haunts my memories. It was a hunk of glowing rock, about as big as the size of my fist, that appeared to have came through the ceiling. I was shocked and confused, but above all, I was drawn to it. We both were, don't ask me how I knew, I don't even know how I knew. Consequently, we both ended up touching the damned thing.

What happened next? I only vaguely recall the events. The moment my finger touched the stone, it was like lightning arched through my body. I was in so much pain that I blacked out. All I know was that my house, my family, my girlfriend, my everything was there one moment...

Then they weren't.
Then we were rushed to the hospital.
Then we discovered we had powers.

Needless to say, it was all a huge shock that I'm still processing to this day. But my feelings didn't really matter at the time cause I still had my little bro to look after. Bills and rent don't stop coming just because your entire life was upended after all.

For a while, we drifted from one shitty motel to another shitty motel. I had thought that our community would lend a helping hand until I got back on my feet.

However, it turns out that a lot of people in our hometown didn't want anything to do with super powered kids. It was during one such confrontation, where one of our old neighbors was throwing rocks and insults at me and my brother, that I met my first Sentinal.

She was a tall and muscular woman bearing the insignia of the Sentinal corps on her shoulder. I recall her jumping in between us and the belligerent man with so much confidence and valor that time seemed to freeze (Now, I realize that it was literally her power that caused that effect, but the sentiment still stands). The man backed off after seeing he was sorely outmatched and the kind lady then made sure we were ok.

That encounter was my pivotal moment! Seeing that Sentinal stand up for us when nobody else ever did unlocked a firm resolution within me. I was gonna be like her, no matter what it took! I was going to help defend weak individuals like me and my brother from the injustice of this world. It was with that solemn vow that I signed up with the Sentinals three years ago.

Now, are we done? Cause I got another assignment in ten minutes.

Personality: Gym-bro. Really up-beat and helpful. Himbo type.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back