• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic Save the World :: A Dark Superhero Roleplay

Just what I was looking for. I'm doing a project myself and I have just the type of character for this. I will be using a substitute version of course but I need a good idea on how and what kind of character hell develope into in a world like this. He's a genetically engineered lycanthrope (sci-if wolfman)

Been playing all sorts of sci-fi horror fantasy dystopian games like resident evil, returnal, dolman, fallout, and even phantasy star just to get the mood going.

Just what I was looking for. I'm doing a project myself and I have just the type of character for this. I will be using a substitute version of course but I need a good idea on how and what kind of character hell develope into in a world like this. He's a genetically engineered lycanthrope (sci-if wolfman)

Been playing all sorts of sci-fi horror fantasy dystopian games like resident evil, returnal, dolman, fallout, and even phantasy star just to get the mood going.
A sci-fi Wolfman is fine as long as you can "science" explain most of it.

Hey, was just reading this out, how dark is ‘dark’? are we talking Batman dark or The Boys dark?

Ah so not dark at all then, ok
Not what I was hoping but I’ll still likely put in an app

Welllll I loves it lol. All apps are Vigilantes and not one of them is a brooding lord of the edge. So like yeeeeeah... I think it's time to reveal that this RP is actually the origin story of a Magical Girl team lol

Welllll I loves it lol. All apps are Vigilantes and not one of them is a brooding lord of the edge. So like yeeeeeah... I think it's time to reveal that this RP is actually the origin story of a Magical Girl team lol
My PC is committing several crimes for feeding the hungry and healing the sick, and it's implied capitalistic forces want to own him and use him for profit.
The implication I'm making is that if jesus christ himself came back, elon musk and Jesse Bezos would enslave him to have magic healing on tap.

It's not edgy, but it is dark in that it is an incredibly dark but honest look at american society.

Depending on how the spread of characters ends up,I might make Mercie a Sentinel instead.

She's not the most experienced or powerful,but I imagine her (slightly) famous background and experience rescuing people probably makes her a good recruit.

My PC is committing several crimes for feeding the hungry and healing the sick, and it's implied capitalistic forces want to own him and use him for profit.
The implication I'm making is that if jesus christ himself came back, elon musk and Jesse Bezos would enslave him to have magic healing on tap.

It's not edgy, but it is dark in that it is an incredibly dark but honest look at american society.
Same with mine. Not edgy but trying to look through the lens of oppression, power and rights.

Like my charries family was a bunch of criminals who capitalized on the Prophet attacks and deserve to be punished. But like tossing them into a prison off shore without due process and yet a Megacorp can take them out and 'interrogate' them with impunity is sooooo not cool. And it's all about a tech that is powerful, rare and to be R+D'd by a weapons manufacturer.

And like her group, The Wrecking Dolls are a group of Vigilantes that are fighting for Sentinel reform and trying to expose the corruption by catching villains and outing them as corrupt Sentinels. But their methods are not sooooooo nice so yeah, thinkin they are high on the Sentinel hitlist. That's why my girlie goes off under another identity. She don't think the Wrecking Dolls will last long and she wants to find her incarcerated family more than fight in this shadow war.

Depending on how the spread of characters ends up,I might make Mercie a Sentinel instead.

She's not the most experienced or powerful,but I imagine her (slightly) famous background and experience rescuing people probably makes her a good recruit.
D'awwww I like the Vigilante take. But I guess this could be the mirror of the Plant Vigilante doing relief work the 'right way' too lol. Love to see their convos... maybe we can win her over as an insider to get to the Sentinels hhhhhmmmmm...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back