• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern saudade. - interest check

xayah.

i return stronger than i left
when will i stop looking for you in every corner of the streets, in every face i look, in every sound of my phone? when will he come to take me away from this nightmare that is loving you? you...
the night we met by lord huron
· (noun)
a deep emotional state of melancholic longing or nostalgia for a person, place or thing, that is absent, long gone, or never really there.

12/8/XXXX 1:07AM by user104920475124
hello. this is going to sound like i need to go to a psychiatric hospital or something, but just hear me out. PLEASE. i'm losing my mind and everyone i tell irl doesn't believe me. i don't know why anyone on the internet would either but i NEED to get this out of my system. i'm having dreams, maybe calling it a nightmare is more accurate, and they're always about the same thing. a person with a face so familiar that i feel like i've known them all my life even though i've never met them before appears every night, and just looking at them HURTS. my heart aches like i've recently broken up a longtime relationship or lost my kid. they ask me things like 'why did i do it' or 'do you regret it' every. single. time. and i have no f*cking idea what they're talking about. even worse, it's driving me insane. i can't sleep, maybe don't want to is more accurate, and i've started looking for their face everywhere. it's like i want to meet them, i NEED to. i don't know what to do. i've taken all kinds of sleeping aids and nothing's working. if ANYONE knows what to do, or even has the same experience, tell me. please.

12/8/XXXX 1:06AM by user5221633213
yea uh huh. sure. did you come here just to look for internet points?

12/8/XXXX 1:09AM by user5802048602
LMFAO that's weird as hell. sounds like a you problem though~

12/8/XXXX 1:09AM by user104920475124
i'm srs. it was worth a try i guess. god, i need an energy drink.

12/10/XXXX 4:05AM by user7312364431
damn, i thought we found everyone already. not sure if you're still around but check your dms. you'll want to hear this.
------------------------------------------------

hello! welcome to saudade. i hope the beginning was interesting enough to intrigue you. this rp takes place in the town of Edenhollow, a city with strong religious ties and a whimsical story surrounding its founding. belief in reincarnation played a huge role in developing the culture of the city with little traditions being created to ensure relationships made in one life continued on to the next. over time, as the suburban heaven descended further into modernity, the belief in reincarnation faded, relegated to a mere fairytale older residents told to children. but... what if it wasn't?
we'll be playing characters that have reincarnated for centuries since the founding of the town. in their first life, they all committed a sin so great that they were punished with the curse of reincarnating and living with the pain and faint memory of what they had done for the rest of eternity. their lovers shared the same fate. like a bad record on repeat, every lifetime that they meet brings back the memories yet ends in tragedy. this time though, it'll be different. as the soul becomes more and more aware of its circumstances with each reincarnation, so does the desire for a happy ending. one way or another, the cursed will right their wrongs of the past. they are determined to make this the last cycle of their lives and a blessed one at that.
this'll be very character reliant and plotting of past life relationships are heavily encouraged once we get started. the spicier your character's past sin, the more i have to work off of when scenarios are created to give your character a chance to atone! if you have any questions, feel free to ask! for now, the available roles are listed below. feel free to take the few lines i've written about each as a template or a reference. you do not have to stay 100% true to it. if you have a great idea for a role, let me know! i'm more than happy to add it in if it sounds great.

· the ringleader
the first to become aware of their soul's predicament. they were the one who sought out the others to make things right. a person predisposed to leadership who held the fate of others in their hands yet struggled to resist temptation and personal gain — played by xayah. xayah.

· the survivor
someone who was never born with a silver spoon, much less a dirt one, in their mouth. struggle and a constant determination to live a life of comfort has shaped their soul into what it is today. a person who was willing to do anything to live well and paid an eternal price for it. — played by open.

· the heretic
religion's greatest failure. a naturally blessed person who had everything but agency. their life was always planned out from day 1. raised from a young age to revere their god yet ultimately ended up betraying them in the name of controlling their own fate. — played by open.

· the lover
a person who wears their heart on their sleeve. they loved intensely and in all forms to all types of people. someone who didn't know what to do with themselves when jealousy, anger, and anything negative boiled over inside of them and let loose. — played by open.

· the opportunist
a backstabber. someone who climbs society's ladder quicker than you can blink. a charmer with many connections who builds and burns bridges without a second thought. they fought for their throne and earned it, but at what cost? — played by open.

· the entertainer
someone who smiles for the fans and doesn't let anyone see their worst days. they are perfect in the public's eyes. in a dog eat dog world, they grew, blossomed even. they are star quality, always have been, but their actions are not. — played by open.

· the politician
the people's people. someone who prides themself on being the physical representation of what the people want. that, and all the power that comes with the position. with honey words, they strived to be liked by all and did anything to keep it that way. — played by open.

· the scientist
someone who was married to their work above all else. it was their priority, given even more importance than their health or the health of others. whatever they did, they did for the advancement of knowledge regardless of whether it was moral or not. — played by open.

the rules are as follows!
1. The basic no drama, bigotry, etc! Just be nice!
2. No OP characters or Gary/Mary sues. The whole point is that they're flawed people trying to make things right.
3. 1 post per week frequency! I can give extensions and am 1000% understanding since real life screws me over too, but you have to let me know in advance!
4. This is a literate to advanced literate roleplay. Give me at least 2-3 paragraphs per post and make them chef's kiss please.
5. One character per person. Roles are limited so I want to give everyone a chance.
6. 18+ only! Sorry to everyone under, but most of the users on this site are 21 and over!
7. Discord is a requirement! It's super convenient for real-time plotting and communication.
8. And as always, I have final say on all matters as GM! Please let me know if you have any questions or want to do something before you do it.
saudade.
code by low fidelity.

saudade.
(noun) a deep emotional state of melancholic longing or nostalgia for a person, place or thing, that is absent, long gone, or never really there.

12/8/XXXX 1:07AM by user104920475124
hello. this is going to sound like i need to go to a psychiatric hospital or something, but just hear me out. PLEASE. i'm losing my mind and everyone i tell irl doesn't believe me. i don't know why anyone on the internet would either but i NEED to get this out of my system. i'm having dreams, maybe calling it a nightmare is more accurate, and they're always about the same thing. a person with a face so familiar that i feel like i've known them all my life even though i've never met them before appears every night, and just looking at them HURTS. my heart aches like i've recently broken up a longtime relationship or lost my kid. they ask me things like 'why did i do it' or 'do you regret it' every. single. time. and i have no f*cking idea what they're talking about. even worse, it's driving me insane. i can't sleep, maybe don't want to is more accurate, and i've started looking for their face everywhere. it's like i want to meet them, i NEED to. i don't know what to do. i've taken all kinds of sleeping aids and nothing's working. if ANYONE knows what to do, or even has the same experience, tell me. please.

12/8/XXXX 1:06AM by user5221633213
yea uh huh. sure. did you come here just to look for internet points?

12/8/XXXX 1:09AM by user5802048602
LMFAO that's weird as hell. sounds like a you problem though~

12/8/XXXX 1:09AM by user104920475124
i'm srs. it was worth a try i guess. god, i need an energy drink.

12/10/XXXX 4:05AM by user7312364431
damn, i thought we found everyone already. not sure if you're still around but check your dms. you'll want to hear this.

hello! welcome to saudade. i hope the beginning was interesting enough to intrigue you. this rp takes place in the town of Edenhollow, a city with strong religious ties and a whimsical story surrounding its founding. belief in reincarnation played a huge role in developing the culture of the city with little traditions being created to ensure relationships made in one life continued on to the next. over time, as the suburban heaven descended further into modernity, the belief in reincarnation faded, relegated to a mere fairytale older residents told to children. but... what if it wasn't?
we'll be playing characters that have reincarnated for centuries since the founding of the town. in their first life, they all committed a sin so great that they were punished with the curse of reincarnating and living with the pain and faint memory of what they had done for the rest of eternity. their lovers shared the same fate. like a bad record on repeat, every lifetime that they meet brings back the memories yet ends in tragedy. this time though, it'll be different. as the soul becomes more and more aware of its circumstances with each reincarnation, so does the desire for a happy ending. one way or another, the cursed will right their wrongs of the past. they are determined to make this the last cycle of their lives and a blessed one at that.
this'll be very character reliant and plotting of past life relationships are heavily encouraged once we get started. the spicier your character's past sin, the more i have to work off of when scenarios are created to give your character a chance to atone! if you have any questions, feel free to ask! for now, the available roles are listed below. feel free to take the few lines i've written about each as a template or a reference. you do not have to stay 100% true to it. if you have a great idea for a role, let me know! i'm more than happy to add it in if it sounds great.
· the ringleader
the first to become aware of their soul's predicament. they were the one who sought out the others to make things right. a person predisposed to leadership who held the fate of others in their hands yet struggled to resist temptation and personal gain — played by xayah. xayah.

· the survivor
someone who was never born with a silver spoon, much less a dirt one, in their mouth. struggle and a constant determination to live a life of comfort has shaped their soul into what it is today. a person who was willing to do anything to live well and paid an eternal price for it. — played by open.

· the heretic
religion's greatest failure. a naturally blessed person who had everything but agency. their life was always planned out from day 1. raised from a young age to revere their god yet ultimately ended up betraying them in the name of controlling their own fate. — played by open.

· the lover
a person who wears their heart on their sleeve. they loved intensely and in all forms to all types of people. someone who didn't know what to do with themselves when jealousy, anger, and anything negative boiled over inside of them and let loose. — played by open.

· the opportunist
a backstabber. someone who climbs society's ladder quicker than you can blink. a charmer with many connections who builds and burns bridges without a second thought. they fought for their throne and earned it, but at what cost? — played by open.

· the entertainer
someone who smiles for the fans and doesn't let anyone see their worst days. they are perfect in the public's eyes. in a dog eat dog world, they grew, blossomed even. they are star quality, always have been, but their actions are not. — played by open.

· the politician
the people's people. someone who prides themself on being the physical representation of what the people want. that, and all the power that comes with the position. with honey words, they strived to be liked by all and did anything to keep it that way. — played by open.

· the scientist
someone who was married to their work above all else. it was their priority, given even more importance than their health or the health of others. whatever they did, they did for the advancement of knowledge regardless of whether it was moral or not. — played by open.
the rules are as follows!
1. The basic no drama, bigotry, etc! Just be nice!
2. No OP characters or Gary/Mary sues. The whole point is that they're flawed people trying to make things right.
3. 1 post per week frequency! I can give extensions and am 1000% understanding since real life screws me over too, but you have to let me know in advance!
4. This is a literate to advanced literate roleplay. Give me at least 2-3 paragraphs per post and make them chef's kiss please.
5. One character per person. Roles are limited so I want to give everyone a chance.
6. 18+ only! Sorry to everyone under, but most of the users on this site are 21 and over!
7. Discord is a requirement! It's super convenient for real-time plotting and communication.
8. And as always, I have final say on all matters as GM! Please let me know if you have any questions or want to do something before you do it.

i am SO interested in this! going to work up something for the opportunist or politician

Last edited:
xayah. xayah. may i ask when their "first" life would've been? trying to brainstorm possible sins 😅

(also 👀 just curious when character sheets might open up?)
of course! i was thinking somewhere in the 1700s probably. around the time when the first settlers landed in America probably? hope that helps!

also the ooc & cs will be up in a day or two! I’m just looking for more interest -3-

of course! i was thinking somewhere in the 1700s probably. around the time when the first settlers landed in America probably? hope that helps!

also the ooc & cs will be up in a day or two! I’m just looking for more interest -3-

ohh, I see. I had already thought of something for the past sin but kept it pretty basic since I wasn’t sure of the timeline either. Although, it’s an idea that needs to be discussed with others since it involves other characters too.

ohh, I see. I had already thought of something for the past sin but kept it pretty basic since I wasn’t sure of the timeline either. Although, it’s an idea that needs to be discussed with others since it involves other characters too.
Don’t worry! This isn’t historical or anything so we won’t need to stay true to the time period, just the aesthetic if that makes sense, so it’s very flexible. I’m sure it’ll fit in fine.

okay this was super helpful thank you :)

can't wait to see everyone's brilliant character ideas!

for backstory, since we won't know if we're accepted or not yet, can we write out our ideas involving other characters and then modify it if we get accepted? or should we leave other characters out for now?

okay this was super helpful thank you :)

can't wait to see everyone's brilliant character ideas!

for backstory, since we won't know if we're accepted or not yet, can we write out our ideas involving other characters and then modify it if we get accepted? or should we leave other characters out for now?
for backstory, i'd leave other characters out at the moment but maybe describe the events that lead up to the sin in their first life and how they go thru the motion of their other previous lives up until now. also how they found out about the others would be good. like when they realized they were reincarnated & how they got intact with the other sinners.

for backstory, i'd leave other characters out at the moment but maybe describe the events that lead up to the sin in their first life and how they go thru the motion of their other previous lives up until now. also how they found out about the others would be good. like when they realized they were reincarnated & how they got intact with the other sinners.

So it's fine just to make a general summary/overview of the sin which has relation to the other characters? For the repetitive previous lives, is it fine to simply gloss it over compared to the first life that may be more detailed since it would eventually become a repetitive process until they finally reach this current life. In the previous lives, would they also gain an inkling of having visions or feelings of what had happened before but never interacted with the others up until now concerning about it?

So it's fine just to make a general summary/overview of the sin which has relation to the other characters? For the repetitive previous lives, is it fine to simply gloss it over compared to the first life that may be more detailed since it would eventually become a repetitive process until they finally reach this current life. In the previous lives, would they also gain an inkling of having visions or feelings of what had happened before but never interacted with the others up until now concerning about it?
yes a general summary would work perfectly. and basically the most detailed should be your first life if that makes sense. the in between lives can be glossed over and the present day life should focus mainly on how your character realized they were in a loop and how they met the others. in previous lives, they could have inklings and feelings and maybe look into it, but I’m thinking that no one made an effort to reach out to anyone about it because they didn’t want to be called crazy or anything.

yes a general summary would work perfectly. and basically the most detailed should be your first life if that makes sense. the in between lives can be glossed over and the present day life should focus mainly on how your character realized they were in a loop and how they met the others. in previous lives, they could have inklings and feelings and maybe look into it, but I’m thinking that no one made an effort to reach out to anyone about it because they didn’t want to be called crazy or anything.
this might be a silly question but would they have different names/appearances in each life? like would they have an "original" name and face and then a current name/face? not really important, just got me curious.

this might be a silly question but would they have different names/appearances in each life? like would they have an "original" name and face and then a current name/face? not really important, just got me curious.
it’s not silly at all. their name definitely wouldn’t be the same, but the face is really up to each roleplayer? the face can change honestly because I think their souls would recognize one another.

bump~ Issa nighttime for me but I hope everyone who looks had/has a great day
Wave GIF by Spirited Away

Users who are viewing this thread

Back